Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Humor Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
*Sign Fun*

On a Califormia freeway:
Fine for Littering

In the window of an Atlanta clothing store:
Sid's Pants is Open

On the wall of a British Columbia cleaning service:
Able to Do the Worst Possible Job

In a New York jewelry store:
Genuine Fauz Pearls

In a Kansas City oculist's office:
Broken Lenses Duplicated Here

In a Boston fast-food parking lot:
Parking for Drive-Through Customers Only

Billboard on Florida highway:
If You Can't Read, We Can Help

On the Triborough Bridge in New York:
In Event of Air Attack Drive Off Bridge

On a Lockhart, Texas, gas station and minimart:
We're out of Rolaids, but we've got gas.

At the basketball court in a Gastonton, North Carolina, YMCA:
Anyone caught hanging from the rim will be suspended

On the door of an Ellsworth, Maine, restaurant:
The Indian Trading Post will be closed for Yom Kippur

In a Grand Rapids restaurant:
Half baked chicken

In a Dayton barbershop:
During vacation of owner, a competent hair stylist will be here

On a Jacksonwille, Florida, bookstore:
Rare, out-of-print, and nonexistent books

On a library in Marlboro, New Hampshire, honoring Robert Frost:
Frost Free Library

A man appears before St. Peter at the pearly gates. "Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asks.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the man offers.

"Once, on a trip to the Black Hills, out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So I approached the largest and most heavily tattooed biker. I smacked him on the head, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring and threw it on the ground, and told him, 'Leave her alone now or you'll answer to me.'"

St. Peter was impressed. "When did this happen?"

"Just a couple of minutes ago."

A man appears before St. Peter at the pearly gates. "Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asks.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the man offers.

"Once, on a trip to the Black Hills, out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So I approached the largest and most heavily tattooed biker. I smacked him on the head, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring and threw it on the ground, and told him, 'Leave her alone now or you'll answer to me.'"

St. Peter was impressed. "When did this happen?"

"JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO"

VERY GOOD
MR SHADRACK :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.

This might help those with No Sense Of Humor: :lol:

setupz.gif

Love In Christ
Justice

I added to my top 16 list. Most of them are ones that I decided not to use for the report. Others I just got recently. I thought of about 15 of them. The others were from the internet or other people. Make sure you read all of them!!

Top Ways To Get Rid Of Telemarketers

1. Start singing Row Row Row Your Boat……., if they don’t interrupt say, “This is a recording, and if you hang up I’ll press redial, and start all over again.†Or say, “You are the only person who hasn’t fallen asleep yet, so I’ll sing it again for you. If they interrupt, angrily say, “Excuse me, but I’m trying to sing here!†Sing slower and louder until they hang up.

2. Pretend you are a telemarketer too. Give a long lecture on your produce and make it really dumb. Talk until they interrupt you. Then say “Excuse me, I’m not done wasting your time explaining my stupid, useless product yet.â€

3. Say, “Can you speak real slow so I can write down every word you say?†As they start talking say “slowerâ€â€¦ “Slowerâ€â€¦ “Slowerâ€â€¦ “Slower†-- After a while say “Can you hold while I go to the bathroom? The gas station is only a few miles down the road so I shouldn’t be too long.â€

4. Tell them to talk quieter because so and so is sleeping. “Quieterâ€â€¦ “Quieter†– Do this until they are talking at a soft whisper. Then scream, “I can’t hear you, you’re too quiet!â€

5. After they give you their name, ask them how to spell that. Do this for basically everything they say.

6. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up. After they start talking say “Louderâ€â€¦ “Louderâ€â€¦â€Louderâ€â€¦

7. Ask dumb questions about their product over and over.

8. Turn on the TV and put it on a channel that only gets static. Turn up the volume really loud and say that you can’t hear them over the static.

9. Say “no†over and over while they speak until they hang up.

10. After they tell you about their product, yell, “You want me to pay money for that?!!â€

11. When they call during dinner tell them it is dinnertime, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speakerphone while you continue to eat. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

12. Keep saying, “Can you hear me now? … Good†until they hang up.

13. Keep crackers near the phone and eat them when telemarketers call. Chew loudly, make slurping noises, and talk with your mouth full. Then pretend you are choking.

14. While they’re explaining their product say “why†after every sentence they speak.

15. Press random buttons on the phone as if you are bleeping out words. “You *beep,* stop *beep* calling me. You’re a *beep* *beep*.â€

16. Say, “Sorry you have the wrong number.â€

17. Pretend you’re Miss Cleo and start predicting their future.

18. After each question they ask you say "no" ... for example ... are you the owner of the house? "No" can I speak with the owner please? "No" do you know a good time to call back? "No" ... so on and so forth.

19. Say "Yo momma" after everything they say.

20. When the telemarketer asks to talk to "(name)". Ask them "Is this going to be important," before they answer respond "Yeah I didn't think so." and hang up.

21. Start to tell them stories about yourself like, "Hey do you like to snowboard? Oh, you don't? Well, that’s to bad, because it’s a great sport. You know, once I was snowboarding..." and continue on until they hang up.

22. Tell them you have to translate for the person they asked for because they don't speak English. Continue to "translate" by saying gobble-de-gook in the background, then scream "WE DONT WANT ANY!â€

23. Simply ask the telemarketer how they got your phone number.

24. When the telemarketer tells you the selections on the survey, pick something not on the survey.

25. When they ask you if you want to take the survey, ask them if they would like to take the survey.

26. When they attempt to sell you a product, tell them you're sorry, but you're going to jail the following day. If they wanted to call back in 4 years, you'd be happy to talk business with them.

27. Pretend to be an old man who can't hear well and speaks with a heavy accent. This gets the telemarketer yelling and repeating them self. Every time they start to hang up begin saying how much you like the product to keep them on.

28. If they are trying to sell you something (lets say) a vacuum cleaner, act like their selling another product like colored sponges (something really dumb). After they say something about the vacuum cleaner, say something like, “Well I don’t care what you say. I still think colored sponges are really dumb.†Then say, “A vacuum cleaner would work much better on carpets.†(Talk about the product that they are trying to sell you.) Keep on insisting that colored sponges are really dumb. It will really annoy them.

29. Break in during their sales pitch and say, "Do you like cheese?" Keep repeating until they answer, if the do, start a discussion about types of cheese.

30. Say, “I'm not really interested in your product, but do you have anything that removes telemarketers from the phone?â€

31. If you have caller id use this one: I'm sorry he/she has moved but their new number is, (give the telemarketer their own number).

32. Ask them if they hear a clicking noise they'll say, "No, I don’t" say "Are you sure?" "Yes" then say, "Well, you’re going to hear it now" and hang up.

33. Have two people pick up the phone. At the same time, say "Hello?" after that, say, "(Other persons name) is that you? " Then, the other person goes "(your name) is that you? Holy Cow!" Continue talking, and if the telemarketer says anything, say "Excuse ME, stop INTERUPTING!" If the telemarketer doesn't hang up, start arguing about who will hang up first.

34. Whenever they try to say anything say, “Interrupting cow!â€

35. Hello, you have reached the Public Safety Department, We specialize in the termination of Telemarketers. This is (your name), How may I help you today?

36. I'm sorry the number you are trying to reach is out of service, please hang up and DON'T try again!

37. Ask them what they think would happen if you put a frog in a blender. Later, tell them they were wrong.

38. In the middle of the pitch say "Sshhhh!" and whisper like your scared "I think they're home." When he/she asks who, tell 'em, "The people who live here," then hang up abruptly.

39. Answer the phone and listen attentively for a minute or so. Then say "Hang on a just a second" and make a sound like 3 or 4 rounds from a handgun. Then say "Weren't nuthin', just a rat. Go ahead."

40. When they are giving their description of the product…ring your doorbell...go back to the phone and say can you hang on a second... and pretend there is a guy selling something at the door, say "I’ve told you how many times I am not interested! Virginia get my Shotgun!" and then hang up.

41. When they ask for the person, say you have a call on the other line, push a number button. Then, pretend like you are talking to the other person and say things like "Yeah Joe, I have this (call them a bad name here) trying to sell me this stupid stuff...

42. Ask them how much they get paid and when they tell you laugh hysterically and then hang up. If they refuse to tell you ask "Why?" and respond with "Why?" after every statement they make until they hang up.

43. "Um, I'm sorry, could you say that again? I was busy reading." After they respond again, say, "I'm sorry, did you say something?" continue making up excuses.

44. "I'm sorry. The person you have asked for has currently been eaten by a bear." If they laugh tell them "It isn't funny, it was very tragic". If they're like oh, I'm sorry. Say, "Yes it was very tragic..."

45. Didn't your parents ever teach you not to talk to strangers?

46. Say in perfect English, "I don't speak English, sorry"

47. Say, “Me speak no English.â€

48. Say, "Want to hear a cool noise?" ... then hang up.

49. Interrupt and say, “Are you blonde?†If they say yes say, “That explains a lot.†If they say no say, “Well I am.†And hang up.

50. After they introduce them self say, "Are you that (their name) that’s been calling all week?! I'm calling the police and turning you in for harassment!" and hang up.

51. Tell them that you are telepathic so you can sense what they are selling, and you DO NOT want it!

52. Telemarketer: Is Mr. (someone) home?
You: No he's in the back yard digging a hole, he's been out there for 6 days.
Telemarketer: Is there a Mrs. in the house?
You: No, I haven't seen her for 6 days I don't know where she is, sorry!

53. If its house insurance, Tell them you didn't think you needed insurance for a cardboard box...

54. If they are trying to sell a Family & Friends Plan, reply "I don't have any friends. Would you be my friend?"

55. After he/she hangs up, use *69 or Caller ID to get the phone number. Call the telemarketer.

56. When they ask if you want to buy "blah blah", just say (very pleasently), "No thanks... I already have a penguin!" and hang up

57. When they ask for Mr./Mrs. someone, Say "They aren’t available, but here is Mr. Clicker" and hang up.

Kids and prayers:

3 yr. old reese: "Our Father, who does art in heaven, Harold is His name." "Amen."

A little boy was overheard praying: "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a good time like I am."

Susie on the last of the ten commandments: Thou shalt not take the covers off the Neighbors wife.

A 3 yr. old on the end Of Lords prayer: "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us some e-mail."

bible jokes

Bible salesmen

This door-to-door entrepreneur became rather bored with his job of selling Bibles, so he decided to become a boss, hiring three people to sell Bibles for him. He interviewed three people. The first came in and said, "I want to sell Bibles for you." "OK, you're hired. Here's your kit; go sell!"

The second came in and said, "I want to sell Bibles for you." "OK, you're hired! Here's your kit; go sell!"

The third came in and said, "I- i - I wa - wa- wa-want t-t-t-t-to s-s-s-s-ell to sell, to sell, to sell, Bi - bi - bi - Bibles, sell Bi -Bibles f-f-f-fo-for y-y-y-y you Bibles for you!"

"No, I am terribly sorry" says the man, "this will never work! You can't sell Bibles for me!"

The applicant replied, "B-b-b-b-but I r-r-r-eall, but I really, really, n-n-n-n-need th-th-th-this, really need tthis job!"

As there were no other applicants and he felt sorry for him, the man said, "OK, I'll give you one shot at this!"

At the end of the day, the first applicant comes back and reports, "I sold 8 Bibles today." The second reports: "I sold 11 Bibles today. The third worker reports, "To-to-to-to t-t-today, I-i-I so- so, I so-, I so-, I so- I sold 28 Bi- bi- b- bibles!"

"Wow," says the boss. "That's incredible, however, I want you to sell even more Bibles tomorrow."

At the end of the next day, the first worker comes in and reports, "Today, I sold 32 Bibles." The second worker reports, "I sold 44 Bibles today" The third worker reports, "To-to-to t-today, I-i-I so- so, I so-, I sold 79 Bi-bi-bi- sold 79, sold 79 Bibles."

"Fantastic," said the boss. Getting curious how he can make such great sales with his speaking problem, he asks him what his sales technique is."

"I-i-I j-j-j-j-ju-ju-ju-just wa, wa, wa, just wal- wa- wa- walk, just walk up to up to up to just walk up to them and and ask, them and ask, them and ask if th-th-th-th ask if they w-w-w-w-w- wa- ask if they want t-t-t-t-o-o- if they want to b--b-b-b-b if they want to buy a Bi-bi - want to buy a Bi--b--a - a- abi - buy a to buy a Bi-bi-bible, or d-d-d-d-d do th-th-they do they w-w-w-ant me to ***READ*** it to 'em?"

Noah's Ark

Lord said to Noah....there's gonna be a flood...

And the Lord spoke to Noah and said: "In six months I'm going to make it rain until the whole earth is covered with water and all the evil people are destroyed. But I want to save a few good people, and two of every kind of living thing on the planet. I am telling you to build yourself an Ark" said the Lord. And in a flash of lightning He delivered the specifications for the Ark.

"OK,"said Noah, trembling in fear and fumbling with the blueprints.

"Six months, and then it will start to rain" said the Lord. "You should have your Ark completed, or learn how to swim for a very long time."

And six months passed.

The skies began to cloud up and rain began to fall. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard, weeping. And there was no Ark.

"Noah," shouted the Lord, "Where is your Ark?" A lightning bolt crashed into the ground next to Noah, for emphasis.

"Lord, please forgive me," begged Noah."I did my best. But there were big problems. First, I had to get a building permit for the Ark construction project, and your plans didn't meet Code. So I had to hire an engineer to redraw the plans. Then I got into a big fight over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system. My neighbors objected, claiming I was violating zoning by building the Ark in my front yard, So I had to get a variance from the city planning commission. Then I had a big problem getting enough wood for the Ark because there was a ban on cutting trees to save the Spotted Owl. I had to convince U.S. Fish & Wildlife that I needed the wood to save the Owls. But they wouldn't let me catch any owls. So, no owls. Then the carpenters formed a union and went on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or a hammer. Now we've got 16 carpenters going on the boat, and still no owls."

"Then I started gathering up the animals, and got sued by an animals rights group. They objected to me taking only two of each kind. Just when I got the suit dismissed, EPA notified me that I couldn't complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed Flood. They didn't take kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of a Supreme Being. The Army Corps of Engineers wanted a map of the proposed new flood plan. I sent them a globe."

"Right now I'm still trying to resolve a complaint from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over how many Croatians I'm supposed to hire, the IRS has seized all my assets claiming I'm trying to avoid paying taxes by leaving the country, and I just got a notice from the state about owing some kind of use tax."

"I really don't think I can finish the Ark for at least another five years," Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear. The sun began to shine. A rainbow arched across the sky.
Noah looked up and smiled. "You mean you're not going to destroy the earth?"
Noah asked, hopefully.

"Wrong!' thundered the Lord. "But being Lord of the Universe has its advantages. I fully intend to smite the Earth, but with something far worse than a Flood. Something Man invented himself."

"What's that?" asked Noah.

There was a long pause, and then the Lord spaketh his last Word: "Government."

Getting something valuable

A man got to heaven and asked if he could go back and bring something valuable to him.

Permission was granted and while back on earth, he collected all the gold he could afford.

Upon returning to heaven, an Angel asked him where he'd brought?

The man showed the Angel all of the gold.

The Angel responded, "Why did you bring a bunch of pavement up here?!"

Rev 21:21 - "And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass."

Jesus is Watching

A burglar enters a home and is greeted by "Jesus is watching!"
He shines his flashlight around and finds no one.
He takes another step to hear "Jesus is watching you."
This time he shines the light to discover a parrot.
He asks, "Was that you talking ?"
The parrot answers "Yes."
The burglar asks, "What is your name?"
The parrot replies, "Clarence."
The burglar asks, "What idiot named you Clarence?"
The parrot replies, "The same idiot that named the Doberman Jesus."

The only thing that makes this joke a Christian joke is the irony of the verse at the bottom of it.

Is this joke even funny?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DEAR ABBY:

I am a crack dealer in Beaumont, Texas who has recently been diagnosed as a
carrier of HIV virus. My parents live in Fort Worth and one of my sisters,
who lives in Denton, is married to a transvestite.

My father and mother have recently been arrested for growing and selling
marijuana. They are financially dependent on my other two sisters, who are
prostitutes in Dallas.

I have two brothers, one is currently serving a non-parole life sentence at
Huntsville for the murder of a teenage boy in 1994. My other brother is
currently in jail awaiting charges of sexual misconduct with his three
children.

I have recently become engaged to marry a former prostitute who lives in
Longview, She is a part time "working girl".

All things considered, my problem is this. I love my fiancé and look forward
to bringing her into the family. I certainly want to be totally open and
honest with her.

Should I tell her about my cousin who supports John Kerry for President?

Signed,

Worried About My Reputation

Proverbs 13:21
Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed.

If you are interested in a humor forum then add you jokes here and we will continue with this thread until we think it deserves a forum of its own. :wink:
I bumped it up the other day and it has already fell to the bottom of the page. :-?

Judy said:
If you are interested in a humor forum then add you jokes here and we will continue with this thread until we think it deserves a forum of its own. :wink:
I bumped it up the other day and it has already fell to the bottom of the page. :-?

What a wonderful plan! A Humor Forum on this Site! :multi: :smt064
I would love to see a humor forum added to the site. :biggrin

I would collect humor threads that are scattered around this place and ask to put them in that forum. (of course I would try my best not to find duplicate the jokes already in there :wink:

I think a Humor Forum would be fantastic. Sometimes the debates get so tense in some of the other threads, that I need to get away from it all, and I think a Humor Forum would be the ideal place for comic relief. :-D

For one, here's a link to the Thread entitled: Icon, Idol, or Just Harmless Fun? that can be placed in that Forum :smt023
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=12163

That would be so much "FUN" to finally have a "HOME" for all the jokes scattered around here!!!! EEEEEHAAA! :smt066

When you gonna do it? :smt111 :smt040 :smt118 :smt057

:-D
The Atheist and the Shark
There is this atheist swimming in the ocean. All of the sudden he sees this shark in the water, so he starts swimming towards his boat.

As he looks back he sees the shark turn and head towards him. His boat is a ways off and he starts swimming like crazy. He's scared to death, and as he turns to see the jaws of the great white beast open revealing its teeth in a horrific splendor, the atheist screams, "Oh God! Save me!"

In an instant time is frozen and a bright light shines down from above. The man is motionless in the water when he hears the voice of God say, "You are an atheist. Why do you call upon me when you do not believe in me?"

Aghast with confusion and knowing he can't lie the man replies, "Well, that's true I don't believe in you, but how about the shark? Can you make the shark believe in you?"

The Lord replies, "As you wish," and the light retracted back into the heavens and the man could feel the water begin to move once again.

As the atheist looks back he can see the jaws of the shark start to close down on him, when all of sudden the shark stops and pulls back.

Shocked, the man looks at the shark as the huge beast closes its eyes and bows its head and says, "Thank you Lord for this food for which I am about to receive..."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back