Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interfaith Relationships

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am a Muslim. My wife is a Christian. This works perfectly well. The Qur'an promises Paradise to Christian's who are faithful to their religion. Why would this be a problem?
My grandparents were shia and suni (I probably butchered the spelling lol) They came to UK from a village near Islamabad for better healthcare after the first son passed on. Went on to have 3 other sons, one being my father

My grandparents were shia and suni (I probably butchered the spelling lol) They came to UK from a village near Islamabad for better healthcare after the first son passed on. Went on to have 3 other sons, one being my father
First of all....welcome to our forum. I apologise for not saying this before.

Thank you for sharing. Folk forget that Shia and Sunni have lived in harmony - and marriage - for hundreds of years.

I wish you well in your spiritual journey. May the Beloved bless you - and those you love - and bring you ever closer to Himself.

well, a jellyfish can live a whole life without a brain. but will it succeed? succeed at what. being a successful engineer? unlikely!
the atheist will attempt to lead the christian astray and it will cause issues, tho couples that vote for opposing politicians do exist, and relationships need sexual chemistry- as in, masculine/feminine polarity, if both partners are like each other theres simply no sexual attraction, no "love"

can it? depends on what the goal is.

I respect other people's beliefs and opinions. No, it won't work. The Christian will compromise their values and beliefs. Corinthians chapter 6, Light and darkness have nothing in common. Temple of God and temple of belial have no Concord.
In judges, the bible. Samson kept messing around with a heathen woman. Deliah found out Samson secret. The philistines put his eyes out physically.
I want you to see the spirtual impact. God took away Samson gifts. So spirtualty speaking, if Christian keeps messing around with heathen traditions and customs, God will take away thier gifts, and leave them spirtualty blind. Get the picture.
Theirs no room to compromise Christian values and beliefs with the heathen.
You can't walk on both sides of the fence.
Second thessalonians chapter 2. God has been sending strong delusions on those who love not the truth. You can't walk in light and darkness at the same time. Samson is a example of what not to do. Consorting with the heathen. Peace.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ in terms of it working out we really can’t guess. Plus atheists find faith believers lose their faith…

Life is surprisingly complicated at times I’m afraid. And yet…

Scripture says 2 are better than one. Scripture also says believers need not develop deep relationships with non believers. Pray 🙏 reflect…repeat…

I think we all go through difficult times in relationships. When looking for someone with the same beliefs it seems harder than just getting with someone for company.

In other words one Christian one athiest. Can it ever work?
Depends on what you mean by ' work '?
If you both work at staying married, communicate, express one's feelings and wants/neesw then any combination of belief/nonbelief can stay married until death dissolves it.

But stats show that when a Father is active in their belief then more then 50% of the children will follow that belief, compared with less than 30% if only the mother is active in the belief.

Do you want your children to be Christian or not?

Darkness vs light 💡

I see it when a long time nonbeliever friend talks to me long enough…

Not that I’m better just…on the right team I suppose.

No,it is in part that the lost dont and can't see the ways of the Lord .

Not that confessing christians do better at times
I learned that non-christians are always watching us. The scripture where Jesus said in Matthew 5:13, "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." I understood one day that it means, if we do something that discredits us as christians toward others, it's nearly impossible to win back any favor with them. What I mean is, they decide our faith is worthless. To be salty means, people become thirsty because of our outward expression of faith, and they wonder, "what do they have that I don't?", and they become curious and begin to watch us closely. To the point of scrutinizing us.

1 Corinthians 7:15 says, "But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace." My ex-pastor once told me, that particular scripture was talking about the pagan corinthians and newly converted christians who were married. If they could tolerate the beliefs of their pagan spouse, they should be together. But if they depart, let them go.

I guess what I'm saying is, praying for the person, and being an example of Christ's love to them, can some times win a person over. Hand over their heart to God and trust God with them, you know?

I'm not judging you and I don't know the situation. If God brings two people together, you will know it, because God will bless that relationship. It's between you and Him to decide if you should be with that person, ultimately. Some times He may bring someone into our life and it may take years of praying for them before they turn to Him. You know?

And some times, their hearts are hard and dull, and wont recieve the gospel. Again, that is between you and God to decide what is best.

But believe me, people are always watching even when we're not aware of it. It can be a hard line to walk, especially when we mess up some times.

Last edited:
I learned that non-christians are always watching us. The scripture where Jesus said in Matthew 5:13, "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." I understood one day that it means, if we do something that discredits us as christians toward others, it's nearly impossible to win back any favor with them. What I mean is, they decide our faith is worthless. To be salty means, people become thirsty because of our outward expression of faith, and they wonder, "what do they have that I don't?", and they become curious and begin to watch us closely. To the point of scrutinizing us.

1 Corinthians 7:15 says, "But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace." My ex-pastor once told me, that particular scripture was talking about the pagan corinthians and newly converted christians who were married. If they could tolerate the beliefs of their pagan spouse, they should be together. But if they depart, let them go.

I guess what I'm saying is, praying for the person, and being an example of Christ's love to them, can some times win a person over. Hand over their heart to God and trust God with them, you know?

I'm not judging you and I don't know the situation. If God brings two people together, you will know it, because God will bless that relationship. It's between you and Him to decide if you should be with that person, ultimately. Some times He may bring someone into our life and it may take years of praying for them before they turn to Him. You know?

And some times, their hearts are hard and dull, and wont recieve the gospel. Again, that is between you and God to decide what is best.

But believe me, people are always watching even when we're not aware of it. It can be a hard line to walk, especially when we mess up some times.
I have been married for twenty years . I'm not the best husband ,but let's not assume people that are saved don't have bad habits in marriages ..

I wouldn't plan on marrying a sinner . But if one is married to one before or after salvation then one ought to try to stay married .

My wife has issues as so do I .

Back