Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interfaith Relationships

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have been married for twenty years . I'm not the best husband ,but let's not assume people that are saved don't have bad habits in marriages ..

I wouldn't plan on marrying a sinner . But if one is married to one before or after salvation then one ought to try to stay married .

My wife has issues as so do I .
I didn't say that. We are imperfect beings and we mess up some times. If we were perfect, man wouldn't have fallen, and Christ wouldn't have had to die for us, right?

What I'm saying is, only God knows your wife's heart and what will happen with her. She may never accept Him. But it's on you to love her as Christ loves her and be an example to her. If you mess up (like we ALL do), take it to the cross. Ask for forgiveness and God's grace and move on, and try better. Then you would have done your part. No?

If you two agreed to stay together despite religious differences, then stay together. That's all I'm saying.

And I'm sorry (but not sorry), I'm direct and to the point. I just speak my heart. But where am I not speaking the truth?

Again, what you decide is between you and God.

I didn't say that. We are imperfect beings and we mess up some times. If we were perfect, man wouldn't have fallen, and Christ wouldn't have had to die for us, right?

What I'm saying is, only God knows your wife's heart and what will happen with her. She may never accept Him. But it's on you to love her as Christ loves her and be an example to her. If you mess up (like we ALL do), take it to the cross. Ask for forgiveness and God's grace and move on, and try better. Then you would have done your part. No?

If you two agreed to stay together despite religious differences, then stay together. That's all I'm saying.

And I'm sorry (but not sorry), I'm direct and to the point. I just speak my heart. But where am I not speaking the truth?

Again, what you decide is between you and God.
In no wise I'm judging her but I do and should see fruit of that life otherwise why examine our lives for it?

In no wise I'm judging her but I do and should see fruit of that life otherwise why examine our lives for it?
I don't know what you mean exactly in the underlined part. Care to rephrase it so I can understand you better?

But I will say, it kind of sounds like you're placing an expectation on her and you might be disappointed. What will happen if she never comes to Christ? In the end, you'll be doing your part. I have a scripture for you.

Ephesians 5:25-27:
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Don't know if this helps, but hope it does.

I don't know what you mean exactly in the underlined part. Care to rephrase it so I can understand you better?
How do we know we are saved?

By examing our hearts to see if we do believe Jesus and love him enough to be like him and s burning desire to change ,we mature in our faith ,grow in the fruit of the spirit .we don't act think like before .

I'm not talking about works to be saved but that out mouth and life decisions line up

Please read my edited post above. ^ ^

See, this discussion makes me uncomfortable because I've got my own issues to deal with and maybe I'm feeling a little convicted. But, what I'm trying to say is, in any relationship with another person, it starts with you and your heart first. You said you aren't the best husband. Start with that is my suggestion. Maybe ask God what He wants you to do?

Second edit: I know what you're saying. When a person has a changed heart, they show fruit of their changed life. I know. But I'm saying, maybe start with you first and go from there? (just suggesting)

Does God not love us unconditionally no matter what we do?

Last edited:
Please read my edited post above. ^ ^

See, this discussion makes me uncomfortable because I've got my own issues to deal with and maybe I'm feeling a little convicted. But, what I'm trying to say is, in any relationship with another person, it starts with you and your heart first. You said you aren't the best husband. Start with that is my suggestion. Maybe ask God what He wants you to do?

Second edit: I know what you're saying. When a person has a changed heart, they show fruit of their changed life. I know. But I'm saying, maybe start with you first and go from there? (just suggesting)

Does God not love us unconditionally no matter what we do?
No it you are lost .

Because if you are married for any period you will find out how great or bad you are .

I can be better but that won't save a soul .my wife must want to change . I know my wife .I have doubts that she believes based on what she says and does .

I hope I'm wrong as God saved her dad a week before he died .I was there when he confessed and that was the last coherent words he said .he died a few days later .

I prayed for mercy for his soul that God would save him .God answered that prayer .

Okay... well nobody is beyond God's reach. Your wife is not irredeemable. As I said, it may take time. Perhaps one day God can use you both to minister to others who are in the same situation as you are in now?

Be well.

Okay... well nobody is beyond God's reach. Your wife is not irredeemable. As I said, it may take time. Perhaps one day God can use you both to minister to others who are in the same situation as you are in now?

Be well.
Never said ,he may but let's not knowingly marry a sinner and think they will repent

An update: I made this post because my partner was agnostic, borderline atheist.

I agree with the unequally yolked point of view. But that can work in both ways. An atheist can discourage their Christian partner, but sometimes having a Christian in their life is enough to make them think over things

My partner is now a Christian. I never tried to make him that way. He just heard my reasoning and that was enough to resonate. :)

I am a Muslim. My wife is a Christian. This works perfectly well. The Qur'an promises Paradise to Christian's who are faithful to their religion. Why would this be a problem?

The problem is we as Christians do follow the Quran.

The Quran can promise many things but we as Christians follow Jesus Christ and the teachings of scripture.

JLB

Back