Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Alistair Begg Right?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This forum does not have an assigned moderator. I have been participating in this discussion a little and because of that, I generally hesitate to step in with my moderator hat on, but, I have to today.

As I've skimmed through the posts, I have been seeing members spouting back and forth with phrases like "your God" vs. "my God" along with name calling and making other negative assertions about others' mental capacity and so forth. This has to stop! If we can't be civil and discuss the topic without getting nasty toward one another, it's best to just cut our losses and stay out of the discussion.

If I see any further continuation of such behavior, I will be forced to consider thread banning the offenders.

As Christians, we are instructed to defend our faith with humility, love, and respect (1 Peter 3:8-15) and to let no corrupting talk come out of our mouths but rather build each other up in the faith and be kind to one another (Ephesians 4:29-32). Let's keep that in mind going forward.

This thread has also been taken quite a ways off track and I too may have been involved with that. How about we get things back on topic of the thread. Start a new thread to discuss the other stuff if you desire but get this one back on track.

so what the Bible says about homosexuality, like calling it an abomination with God, is also silly? This also includes the other DEMONIC called "trans"!
Yeah. I think if a person is lucky enough to find someone that loves them for them, then it shouldnt matter what their gender is. At least they're not going through life alone. At least they haven't killed themselves.

Life is too short to be so judgmental. Is the bible wrong about some things? Yes, I think it is. Life isn't all black and white. There's a lot of grey.

But it wouldn't be any such proof. Denominations often have nothing to do with differences in fundamental doctrines of the faith, but with cultural heritage, church governmental structure, and variations on secondary, peripheral beliefs (eschatology, continuationist/cessationist, hierarchical/laity-run, etc.). We have in my own city, for example, Baptist, Missionary Alliance, traditional, mainstream Pentecostal, Church of the Nazarene, and conservative Mennonite churches, as well as a host of non-denominational churches, that all hold to the same fundamental doctrines of the faith. And even among strongly-differing denominations (e.g. Baptist/Roman Catholic) you will hear the same truths of the Gospel preached.
What about so-called "progressive" denominations? There seems to be an outright rejection of such groups by evangelical Christians.

But this doesn't mean the Truth doesn't exist. For the Christian, this Truth is not found in a denomination but in the Bible. It is the Final Word on all matters of Christian doctrine and practice. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Then why bother with churches at all? Why not just read thee bible yourself and be done with it?

so WHO decides what parts of the Inspired, Infallible Word of God, the Holy Bible, is "wrong about some things"?

this is a strawman argument!
It's not a straw man. We get to decide these things. If I think it's wrong about certain things, then that is what I will tell my creator when the time comes. I do not lack conviction.

Is the bible wrong about some things? Yes, I think it is. Life isn't all black and white. There's a lot of grey.
Here's the problem with this type of thinking. When you begin to determine for yourself what parts are or are not to be believed there is no point in believing any other part. God's Word is not subjective. We either believe all of it or none of it.

That is not to say that we don't completely understand everything contained within the pages of His Word and this is why we talk about Scripture, study Scripture, meditate about Scripture, and pray for understanding and guidance.

As Paul said, "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12-13 NKJV

Last edited:
What about so-called "progressive" denominations? There seems to be an outright rejection of such groups by evangelical Christians.

Well, what is their view of orthodox, biblical Christianity? Why are they rejected by Bible-believing Christians? At bottom, it is because "progressive" Christians have taken up a post-modern, relativistic view of Truth (at least as far as spiritual and moral truth are concerned). In my experience, they are just religious humanists, not born-again disciples of Jesus Christ; they have rejected Christ as God in the flesh, and the Bible as divinely-authoritative, and have made the Christian faith a mirror of themselves. These seem to me like good reasons to reject them as genuinely Christian.

Then why bother with churches at all? Why not just read thee bible yourself and be done with it?

Because reading the Bible is not all that constitutes Christian living - as the Bible indicates.

Here's the problem with this type of thinking. When you begin to determine for yourself what parts are or are not to be believed there is no point in believing any other part. God's Word is not subjective. We either believe all of it or none of it.
Why is it a problem? We apply skepticism to every other part of our lives. I'm a man of the 21st century. I don't believe in talking snakes no more than I believe Mohammed flew to heaven on a winged horse.

Why is it a problem? We apply skepticism to every other part of our lives. I'm a man of the 21st century. I don't believe in talking snakes no more than I believe Mohammed flew to heaven on a winged horse.
I forgot, you are not Christian. At the same time, my assertion stands. That is an important aspect of Christianity...what we call faith. We trust God's word to be true, that is inerrant, in its entirety even when we may not fully understand it and may see things that are difficult to accept. I pray that one day you will come to understand.

So children should have the right to disobey the parents .got it .

A soldier in any war should be able to go AWOL just cause .

The older I get the more I see the parents I have and their parents were quite wise.

The more we think we are smart ..just go read what a ww2 era soldier ,victim of the axis has to say and realize how we haven't learned .

Doesn't mean all of the past is perfect ,but we do make the old days sound grand .

Trust me not many have the bent I do with if the crowd goes that way ,I don't .

But often rebellion for the sake of it isn't always a good idea.

So children should have the right to disobey the parents .got it .

A soldier in any war should be able to go AWOL just cause .

The older I get the more I see the parents I have and their parents were quite wise.

The more we think we are smart ..just go read what a ww2 era soldier ,victim of the axis has to say and realize how we haven't learned .

Doesn't mean all of the past is perfect ,but we do make the old days sound grand .

Trust me not many have the bent I do with if the crowd goes that way ,I don't .

But often rebellion for the sake of it isn't always a good idea.
I think when a child becomes an adult they have the right to choose what they want to believe.

You don't have to believe in talking snakes, but believe in this, that there are talking heads everywhere whose live to gaslight you that black is white, white is black, love is hate, hate is love, man is woman, woman is man, right is wrong, wrong is right.

You don't have to believe in talking snakes, but believe in this, that there are talking heads everywhere whose live to gaslight you that black is white, white is black, love is hate, hate is love, man is woman, woman is man, right is wrong, wrong is right.
Who cares? I don't listen to them. I don't even have cable.

Who cares? I don't listen to them. I don't even have cable.
You do, if you live in that environment, that autosphere. It's all around you. America has been obsessed with this LGBTQ nonsense, it has corrupted the church and cause division, which is shown in the very thread. Maybe you dismiss it as background noise, but their lies might have subliminally crept into your mind through their clever social engineering, and you don't even know it. If you spend a lot of time, even just some time with other folks who have been unfortunately brainwashed by those talking heads, don't think so naively that you can be spared from their influence. Since a towering figure like pastor Alistair Begg is corrupted and compromised, you're no greater than him.

Last edited:
It's not a straw man. We get to decide these things. If I think it's wrong about certain things, then that is what I will tell my creator when the time comes. I do not lack conviction.
You'd better hope God isn't a cat....:biggrin2

GGjCAGwWYAAvmQh

I guess we do have some advantages. God never got to experience childhood.
Doesn't need to and God created everything and knows everything .He doesn't need to know or learn as he knows what children are as he designed every animals growth pattern .

Doesn't need to and God created everything and knows everything .He doesn't need to know or learn as he knows what children are as he designed every animals growth pattern .
Actually I was wrong. Because if Jesus is God, then he did experience childhood. :)

Back