Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Alistair Begg Right?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Can't you guys articulate what you believe?
This was not good enough?

The Bible says God controls all things (as Eph 1:11 ).

He controls “chance” events (1 Kgs 22:34 [compare vv. 20, 23]; Prov 16:33; Matt 10:29- 30).

He controls the free actions of people (Prov 21:1; Eph 2:10; Phil 2:13; cf. King Cyrus).

He controls even the sinful actions of people (Gen 45:4-8; 50:20; 2 Sam 24:1 [compare 1 Chr 21:1]; Isa 10:5; Acts 2:23; 4:27-28 [compare Matt 17:12]).

I will stop answering you until you start a thread on this.

We are off topic.

So answerred prayer over death from the enemy trying to kill me in Afghanistan was just poor luck .got it .

That's God in his mercy sparing me .others not so lucky .I have photos of how close I got and one video .seconds away from a direct rocket landing where I stood . Rounds flying over me .

Your reasoning has nothing to do with God being in control of sin and wickedness

Just start a new thread and I will show how you are very much wrong

He controls “chance” events (1 Kgs 22:34 [compare vv. 20, 23]; Prov 16:33; Matt 10:29- 30).

He controls the free actions of people (Prov 21:1; Eph 2:10; Phil 2:13; cf. King Cyrus).

He controls even the sinful actions of people (Gen 45:4-8; 50:20; 2 Sam 24:1 [compare 1 Chr 21:1]; Isa 10:5; Acts 2:23; 4:27-28 [compare Matt 17:12]).

We are off topic.
I don't really care if you respond or not. You are obviously afraid to start a thread on what you believe

We are off topic.

I wrote this some time ago

Your reasoning has nothing to do with God being in control of sin and wickedness

I don't really care if you respond or not. You are obviously afraid to start a thread on what you believe
Yes you are correct.

I am afraid and scared.

It really is hard to believe that given you screen name is solascriptura, that you do not believe God controls sin.

That also means God does not control satan or any other evil that happens.

As I said earlier, the god you believe in is not sovereign.

The first poster in that thread debunked your claim, with the original version.

So God just lets sin do what it wants ..
If God isn't in control when who is?

Satan ?

Satan in job sent a band of men to kill jobs serveants but wasn't allowed to harm Job .Satan also physical killed jobs sons.

Satan couldn't harm Job as God told him he couldn't and let Satan do all but that .

The sabeans and Chaldeans committed murder as Satan led them to do that as Allowed .

God isn't gonna or hasn't already decided the day of judgement?

Limiting sin from God is Not God making man sin but allowing sin to occur and using it .

Your words .
God's ALLOWED purposes

So God just lets sin do what it wants ..
If God isn't in control when who is?

Satan ?

Satan in job sent a band of men to kill jobs serveants but wasn't allowed to harm Job .Satan also physical killed jobs sons.

Satan couldn't harm Job as God told him he couldn't and let Satan do all but that .

The sabeans and Chaldeans committed murder as Satan led them to do that as Allowed .

God isn't gonna or hasn't already decided the day of judgement?

Limiting sin from God is Not God making man sin but allowing sin to occur and using it .

Your words .

Man you guys seem to be dumb of understanding

Man you guys seem to be dumb of understanding
Allowed ,implies some one has authority and can deny
That implies a limit ,control

I don't have a constitutional right to drive .I must prove My ability by a test for visual ,hearing and understanding of laws to drive and demonstrate .

Then I have a permission via a license to drive .which can be revoked if I get too many tickets ,dont have car insurance ,dui ,

Unlike the limits in the Constitution with the rights listed mostly in the bill of rights .and the above denial of the use of my property is under due process as I can appeal and face a judge .the standard for a CDL are higher .

I don't need a license to attend a church .a ministerial license is for marriage and tax exempt ions .

Suit yourself. Attending weddings, gay or otherwise, isn't compulsory. Personally I think the Christian preoccupation with homosexuality is silly.

so what the Bible says about homosexuality, like calling it an abomination with God, is also silly? This also includes the other DEMONIC called "trans"!

I could point to all of the different Christian denominations as proof that there is no universal truth to Christianity.

But it wouldn't be any such proof. Denominations often have nothing to do with differences in fundamental doctrines of the faith, but with cultural heritage, church governmental structure, and variations on secondary, peripheral beliefs (eschatology, continuationist/cessationist, hierarchical/laity-run, etc.). We have in my own city, for example, Baptist, Missionary Alliance, traditional, mainstream Pentecostal, Church of the Nazarene, and conservative Mennonite churches, as well as a host of non-denominational churches, that all hold to the same fundamental doctrines of the faith. And even among strongly-differing denominations (e.g. Baptist/Roman Catholic) you will hear the same truths of the Gospel preached.

At the very least, there is a tremendous about of disagreement over what "the truth" is.

But this doesn't mean the Truth doesn't exist. For the Christian, this Truth is not found in a denomination but in the Bible. It is the Final Word on all matters of Christian doctrine and practice. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

Back