Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Salvation really a "free Gift" of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Who are these righteous people that Jesus talks about in Mark 2:17 and Luke 5:31-32 ( they also find abundance of mention in book of proverbs as well ) Who are these righteous folks then?

Mark 2:17
It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Jesus's words are repeated in Luke 5:31 -32 also:
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
I think that's why Jesus ate with tax collector's and sinners. But as Jesus informed Nicodemus, who was neither, unless one is born of Spirit they couldn't enter the Kingdom of God. So is your teaching now not all need Jesus because Jesus used the term righteous?

Jesus=>"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to

Its grace.
Is Peter your next target?
Acts 15
The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.

Paul => "Faith expressing itself through love"

I think that's why Jesus ate with tax collector's and sinners. But as Jesus informed Nicodemus, who was neither, unless one is born of Spirit they couldn't enter the Kingdom of God. So is your teaching now not all need Jesus because Jesus used the term righteous?

Jesus=>"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to

Its grace.
Acts 15
The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.

Yes that was the one lone occasion when any of His disciples mentioned saved byGrace

Its grace.
Acts 15

Randy, you moved briskly to Peter even insinuating "is Peter your next target?"
But you failed to tell me WHY did the Messiah of mankind, the savior of humanity, fail to even MENTION the Word Grace, let alone teaching people they are " Saved by grace through Faith. In In His ministry Christ addressed and taught hundreds of thousands of people, why didn't He teach them they can be saved by grace alone?
If you cannot reply without deflecting the conversation to some other writers of NT, I will assume you are targeting Jesus Himself for not teaching Grace . As far as Peter is concerned, every word of that man is close to my heart and soul and the very breath I inhale. In fact Peter is definitely my biggest hero after Christ in NT. I see a humongous change in his persona and words after Jesus departed. His very presence in Bible is one of my greatest motivations to follow Jesus till death. Because Peter did not merely believe but laid down His life for the Christ . I wish to do likewise ... there cannot be bigger blessing for me than that Randy :) Hope Ge has that in store for me. His Will must be done.
That being said after getting your reply I will most definitely like to comment on Why Peter mentioned grace in Luke , and yet chose not to mention it at all in his own handwritten epistles...the books of Bible he authored. Much like every other Christ picked apostle who never taught one can be saved by grace alone . Or even by Grace . I repeat the ONLY thing that can save a human is turning away from Sin and turning TOWARDS Love,, practicing Loving kindness as they journey through their lives, like the Good Samaritan did, , like the Sheep did ( reference Goats and Sheep judgment vision presented by Christ Himself) I await your response brother /\

Yes that was the one lone occasion when any of His disciples mentioned saved byGrace

Randy, you moved briskly to Peter even insinuating "is Peter your next target?"
But you failed to tell me WHY did the Messiah of mankind, the savior of humanity, fail to even MENTION the Word Grace, let alone teaching people they are " Saved by grace through Faith. In In His ministry Christ addressed and taught hundreds of thousands of people, why didn't He teach them they can be saved by grace alone?
If you cannot reply without deflecting the conversation to some other writers of NT, I will assume you are targeting Jesus Himself for not teaching Grace . As far as Peter is concerned, every word of that man is close to my heart and soul and the very breath I inhale. In fact Peter is definitely my biggest hero after Christ in NT. I see a humongous change in his persona and words after Jesus departed. His very presence in Bible is one of my greatest motivations to follow Jesus till death. Because Peter did not merely believe but laid down His life for the Christ . I wish to do likewise ... there cannot be bigger blessing for me than that Randy :) Hope Ge has that in store for me. His Will must be done.
That being said after getting your reply I will most definitely like to comment on Why Peter mentioned grace in Luke , and yet chose not to mention it at all in his own handwritten epistles...the books of Bible he authored. Much like every other Christ picked apostle who never taught one can be saved by grace alone . Or even by Grace . I repeat the ONLY thing that can save a human is turning away from Sin and turning TOWARDS Love,, practicing Loving kindness as they journey through their lives, like the Good Samaritan did, , like the Sheep did ( reference Goats and Sheep judgment vision presented by Christ Himself) I await your response brother /\
Deflecting to the writers of the NT which I assume you pit against Christ as they if were mistaken?

If one is dead in their sin and made alive in Christ that is by an act of God. Not of themselves as in grace through faith. You cannot work for or purchase the forgiveness of sins. Jesus did that work as He introduced a covenant in His blood.

Jesus taught to believe in Him. So did His apostles.

You haven't come up with anything new.

You're again not telling me WHY didn't Jesus mention GRACE even once in His ministry , since its being taught for last 500 years as the key factor in human salvation. Did Jesus forget ...

You're again not telling me WHY didn't Jesus mention GRACE even once in His ministry , since its being taught for last 500 years as the key factor in human salvation. Did Jesus forget ...
Clearly you do believe Peter and Paul were mistaken.

The grace was self evident.
Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”
43Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, "Son, your sins are forgiven."

Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.

For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
"them"- those who believed in Him

to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Purchased for God by the blood of Christ.

And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

Jesus did mention grace. The problem is most people don’t understand what grace is.

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:3-6

• Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
  • that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Do you believe anyone can be saved, born again, without the Holy Spirit?

Jesus still speaking to Nicodemus, says ...

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus said that for us to receive everlasting life, we must believe.

Do you believe the Holy Spirit is involved in the process of being born again; being saved?

What do you believe grace is?

JLB

Clearly you do believe Peter and Paul were mistaken.

The grace was self evident.
Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”
43Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, "Son, your sins are forgiven."

Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.

For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
"them"- those who believed in Him

to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Purchased for God by the blood of Christ.

And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
You keep quoting scripture after scripture , but yet you cannot explain why Jesus didn't use the word Grace . This way you can quote the entire Bible. You are trying to GIVE meaning to non Grace phrases as being Grace. Anyway tell me why were the Goats rejected on the last day. Were they not purchased by Christ's blood? If not who is, and why? It is sad we have to go to the basics of Christian Faith even as we enter the last days and judgment is upon mankind. Its like a person doing PhD in mathematics cannot figure out what 5 × 7 equals.
Anyway repeating Why were Goats rejected by Jesus on the last day?
The mystery of Grace and Disgrace lies hidden in that judgment day vision. Hopefully , even prayerfully, we will understand that with the help of this ongoing discussion. /\

John 8: 32-32:
Jesus : "If you keep on obeying what I have said, you truly are my disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
( Notice the condition Jesus is setting for learning the Truth which will set a human free)

Last edited:
For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

Jesus did mention grace. The problem is most people don’t understand what grace is.

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:3-6

• Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Do you believe anyone can be saved, born again, without the Holy Spirit?

Jesus still speaking to Nicodemus, says ...

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus said that for us to receive everlasting life, we must believe.

Do you believe the Holy Spirit is involved in the process of being born again; being saved?

JLB
"What do you believe grace is?"

Good question JLB. Hopefully as we diligently peel layers of Onion through this discussion, we will arrive at the answer : What True Saving Grace Is. Please bear with me for a bit

You keep quoting scripture after scripture , but yet you cannot explain why Jesus didn't use the word Grace . This way you can quote the entire Bible. You are trying to GIVE meaning to non Grace phrases as being Grace. Anyway tell me why were the Goats rejected on the last day. Were they not purchased by Christ's blood? If not who is, and why? It is sad we have to go to the basics of Christian Faith even as we enter the last days and judgment is upon mankind. Its like a person doing PhD in mathematics cannot figure out what 5 × 7 equals.
Anyway repeating Why were Goats rejected by Jesus on the last day?
The mystery of Grace and Disgrace lies hidden in that judgment day vision. Hopefully , even prayerfully, we will understand that with the help of this ongoing discussion. /\

John 8: 32-32:
Jesus : "If you keep on obeying what I have said, you truly are my disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
( Notice the condition Jesus is setting for learning the Truth which will set a human free)
Jesus only prayed for those who believed in Him and also those that believed in Him through their message. Not others. He sanctified Himself that they,(those that believed in Him), may also be sanctified. I don't believe the goats were those that believe in Him. Jesus didn't pray for them nor sanctify Himself for them.

I see those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep His commands are those that believe in Him and their sins were forgiven by grace through faith. You cannot purchase or work for atonement. They were dead in their sin and made alive in Christ.

"What do you believe grace is?"

Good question JLB. Hopefully as we diligently peel layers of Onion through this discussion, we will arrive at the answer : What True Saving Grace Is. Please bear with me for a bit

Grace is the God given ability to do what we can not do, without it.

Grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:28-29

Again, grace is someone, in as much as grace is something.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you. Titus 2:11-15

Key verse:

• For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age...

Notice that grace teaches us... teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,

Paul wrote both of these passages.

Jesus says we are born (again) of the Spirit; the Spirit of grace.

JLB

Jesus only prayed for those who believed in Him and also those that believed in Him through their message. Not others. He sanctified Himself that they,(those that believed in Him), may also be sanctified. I don't believe the goats were those that believe in Him. Jesus didn't pray for them nor sanctify Himself for them.

I see those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep His commands are those that believe in Him and their sins were forgiven by grace through faith. You cannot purchase or work for atonement. They were dead in their sin and made alive in Christ.
Randy : "I see those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep His commands are those that believe in Him and their sins were forgiven by grace through faith."

Raj : yes ? what you say is true. Grace occurs when those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep His commands, those who believed in Him and their sins were forgiven by grace through faith. Fully agree ?? For Grace is like Water , wherein Hydrogen and Oxygen MUST come together to form Life saving water. In the Same way when Faith and Obedience come together Life Saving Grace Occurs ?
Because Faith is dead without Good Works ( James 2:20), Jesus elected to emphasize on Obedience, much like Father God and all the prophets before Him. He was teaching exactly as the Prophets and the Father. That being said , the entire message of Bible found its conclusion through the Son of God, and by what He did on the Cross. I will attempt to describe that amazing feat through my next post . May God's love n wisdom be on everyone ???

Randy : "I see those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep His commands are those that believe in Him and their sins were forgiven by grace through faith."

Raj : yes ? what you say is true. Grace occurs when those that hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep His commands, those who believed in Him and their sins were forgiven by grace through faith. Fully agree ?? For Grace is like Water , wherein Hydrogen and Oxygen MUST come together to form Life saving water. In the Same way when Faith and Obedience come together Life Saving Grace Occurs ?
Because Faith is dead without Good Works ( James 2:20), Jesus elected to emphasize on Obedience, much like Father God and all the prophets before Him. He was teaching exactly as the Prophets and the Father. That being said , the entire message of Bible found its conclusion through the Son of God, and by what He did on the Cross. I will attempt to describe that amazing feat through my next post . May God's love n wisdom be on everyone ???
God is active even in the obedience and faith of a believer.
Jesus sets you free from being a slave to sin.
Just as Jesus prayed for Peter that his faith might not fail the Spirit intercedes for a believer according to the will of God.
And its by the Spirit the misdeeds of the flesh are overcome.
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

And the Lords prayer for a believer remains as He stated. From John 17
Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

From 1John
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Jesus - my sheep hear my voice

Jesus to Paul=>turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Dear brother JLB and my most respected and beloved brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord. As promised , I have made an effort to explain ( By the kindness of our Lord and NOT by my understanding) what Grace is and what it is not. Because of its size of the post I've divided it into three parts to be able to post . My humble request is to read it completely. The words are not mine, they were given to me, if you would like to believe that . And therefore merits attention. Because I'm neither worthy nor competent.
A chronic n consistent failure being my most appropriate attribute / description.
Dear brother JLB and my most respected and beloved brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord. As promised , I have made an effort to explain ( By the kindness of our Lord and NOT by my understanding) what Grace is and what it is not. Because of its size of the post I've divided it into two parts to be able to post . My humble request is to read it completely. The words are not mine, they were given to me, if you would like to believe that . And therefore merits attention. Because I'm neither worthy nor competent.
To fully understand what Grace and Disgrace is ( will be) on the last day, it is exceedingly important to study this vision provided by Christ's Jesus of the day of judgment in Matthew 25:31–46: . While that day will prove to be the happiest and the greatest day for some( the Sheep) but for some others it will, unfortunately, prove to be the most terrifying event of their existence.
For in this vision lies the ( key to the) deep mystery of Grace and Disgrace, Salvation and Damnation . In this story ( a vision / glimpse of a future event really) also lies the entire message of Bible . A ONE WORD message ....Love

The Sheep and the Goats (Matthew 25:31–46)
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

To fully understand why King Jesus did ( what He did) as the King of the universe and Judge of all people/ nations, we have to keep in mind some other words Jesus had spoken thousands of years before the day of judgment and fortunately for us Bible records those words for us . Unfortunately the Goats appeared to have disregarded those Words of Christ while the Sheep were the believers who IMPLEMENTED the caveats and teachings of Christ and were saved on the last day .
So here are the verses which are important to study and understand for they will make a huge impact WHERE WE will end up on the last day ------ in Heaven or Hell.

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
Luke 10:25-37
Remember friends in the first few opening lines an expert in the law asked Jesus , “what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
Its a question we all must ask ourselves regularly " Jesus What must I do to inherit eternal life?
Surprisingly Jesus does not ask the law expert to " Believe in me", rather He points at "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and proceeds to add "Love your neighbor as yourself.”
When you DO this, says Jesus "you will be saved "
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
But the expert in Law guy wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" ( I'm glad he asked Jesus the question for Jesus's response was the story of the Good Samaritan which will have a deep bearing on the our fate on the day of judgment)
In response to the query of the Law expert Jesus narrated the Story of Good Samaritan who goes out of his way to help an ambushed stranger lying half dead on a street , takes him and puts the man on his own donkey, brings him to an inn and takes care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘AND WHEN I RETURN, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
Then Chridt turns to the expert in Law and asks him "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
So you see Jesus's reply to the question of Lawyer " Who is my neighbor " was ( rephrased by me )
" Don't worry about who your neighbor is bro, YOU do what the Good Samaritan did , if you wish to inherit eternal life!"
And Jesus does EXACTLY as He says thousands of years later ( a future event waiting to happen) , the Goats and Sheep vision.
We have to be extremely cautious for some of the nations standing before the Judge Jesus will be You And Me also.
Let us hope we are not placed in the group of Goats when the dreaded division of ALL people takes place. Especially the believers. For when we read this vision account in Matthew we see BOTH the Sheep and Goats appeared to have recognized Jesus and they address Him as LORD . Both say Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you ( Goats said not give you) something to drink?
So this tells me both the Goats and the Sheep were believers who knew and recognized Christ . The saving / damning difference was Sheep not only believed BUT they also Obeyed / Implemented what Jesus taught in Goid sanaritan parable, and How Jesus explained that we OBEY the entire law and the teachings of Prophets When we Love God and all other human beings in Matthew 22 :37-40, and repeats it different words in Matthew 7 : 12 what is now called the Golden rule and frequently cited / quoted by Christian teachers " Do to others what you would want others to fo to you "
But what is NOT frequently quoted us the other half of Matthew 7:12 " For this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Do you see friends Jesus is repeating again snd again, " LOVE GOD AND LOVE ALL OTHERS!"
Why? Because when we do that we OBEY the entire Law and the teachings of the Lrophets ( reference also Proverbs 10: 12, 1Peter 4:8)
Friends this WAS the Salvation message of Bible then, TO BE SAVED WE HAVE TO do what the Good Samaritan ( who was an idol worshipping and part Pagan did, and so also the Christians ( Sheep) also did ---- for they not only Belirved but proved their Faith by Works/ Acts of Loving Kindness which captured the heart of the Messiah who says THIS to them on the day of judgment:
"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom ( of Heaven ) prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

CONCLUDING PART ----CONTINUED FROM MY POAT ABOVE

But unfortunately, and to the shock and dismay of Goats, who had believed in Christ BUT failed to perform acts of Loving kindness and ended up having to hear from Christ these terrifying words of Rejection and Disgrace

‘'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they ( The Goats) will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous ( The Sheep)to eternal life

Friends with this I conclude this message . Hopefully we will see clearly that on the last day when we stand before Jesus Christ this scene will unfold before our eyes . Those of us who practiced loving Kindness ( even to strangers ) will be lifted up and invited to be part of His eternal kingdom of God. But to those of us ( believers) who failed to perform acts and works of loving-kindness/compassion will be condemned on the last day. I therefore BEG you, friends, to pay attention and heed the warnings caveats and exhortation of Jesus Christ to LEARN TO LOVE .
It is when we practice Love and compassion that THE GRACE EMANATING FROM THE CROSS OF CHRIST , is imputed to us ...ELSE NOT
And this is the very reason why Jesus , the savior of mankind did not once mention the word GRACE in His entire ministry. Because That Grace happens ONLY when we Learn to PRACTICE LOVING COMPASSION which Christ taught in abundance.
What began in Love (The creation in Genesis-- John 3:16) must also ended in love with the new Jerusalem coming down from heaven --- a happy ending for THOSE WHO LEARNED AND PRACTISED LOVE ( The Sheep) . But those who didn't practice love and compassion, the Goats, for them it was a terrible and terrifying end. And thus came good the Prophetic Words of Father God Himself in Isaiah 6:10 :
"Make the heart of these people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise, they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed."
( Jesus repeats His Father's words in Matthew 13: 15)
and for this very reason, He says in Matthew 22:14 " For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Why He said that we now know. The chosen ones ( who will be but a few ) were those who learned and willfully implemented the teachings of Christ by practicing loving compassion.
My hope prayer and expectation is learning from the teachings of Christ ( who IS love : 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16, John 10:30) we will end up on that day of division in the camp of the SHEEP and NOT Goats.
The difference between GRACE and DISGRACE then was just a 4 lettered word...LOVE ?
And this is the reason Apostle John, the disciple whom Jesus loved" (John 20:2) issued this sobering caveat in 1 John 4:8
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love

From this Future vision of Judgment day we can also clearly understand WHAT the Will of God was ( which only will save us)---It was to turn AWAY from Sin and turn TO Love.

Before I close this post I would like to share that I found GRACE has almost 149 synonyms! And I was stunned to learn that ONE OF THEM was…..LOVE
May God's blessings be upon each one of us ??......Raj

CONCLUDING PART ----CONTINUED FROM MY POAT ABOVE

But unfortunately, and to the shock and dismay of Goats, who had believed in Christ BUT failed to perform acts of Loving kindness and ended up having to hear from Christ these terrifying words of Rejection and Disgrace

‘'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
46 “Then they ( The Goats) will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous ( The Sheep)to eternal life

Friends with this I conclude this message . Hopefully we will see clearly that on the last day when we stand before Jesus Christ this scene will unfold before our eyes . Those of us who practiced loving Kindness ( even to strangers ) will be lifted up and invited to be part of His eternal kingdom of God. But to those of us ( believers) who failed to perform acts and works of loving-kindness/compassion will be condemned on the last day. I therefore BEG you, friends, to pay attention and heed the warnings caveats and exhortation of Jesus Christ to LEARN TO LOVE .
It is when we practice Love and compassion that THE GRACE EMANATING FROM THE CROSS OF CHRIST , is imputed to us ...ELSE NOT
And this is the very reason why Jesus , the savior of mankind did not once mention the word GRACE in His entire ministry. Because That Grace happens ONLY when we Learn to PRACTICE LOVING COMPASSION which Christ taught in abundance.
What began in Love (The creation in Genesis-- John 3:16) must also ended in love with the new Jerusalem coming down from heaven --- a happy ending for THOSE WHO LEARNED AND PRACTISED LOVE ( The Sheep) . But those who didn't practice love and compassion, the Goats, for them it was a terrible and terrifying end. And thus came good the Prophetic Words of Father God Himself in Isaiah 6:10 :
"Make the heart of these people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise, they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed."
( Jesus repeats His Father's words in Matthew 13: 15)
and for this very reason, He says in Matthew 22:14 " For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Why He said that we now know. The chosen ones ( who will be but a few ) were those who learned and willfully implemented the teachings of Christ by practicing loving compassion.
My hope prayer and expectation is learning from the teachings of Christ ( who IS love : 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16, John 10:30) we will end up on that day of division in the camp of the SHEEP and NOT Goats.
The difference between GRACE and DISGRACE then was just a 4 lettered word...LOVE ?
And this is the reason Apostle John, the disciple whom Jesus loved" (John 20:2) issued this sobering caveat in 1 John 4:8
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love

From this Future vision of Judgment day we can also clearly understand WHAT the Will of God was ( which only will save us)---It was to turn AWAY from Sin and turn TO Love.

Before I close this post I would like to share that I found GRACE has almost 149 synonyms! And I was stunned to learn that ONE OF THEM was…..LOVE
May God's blessings be upon each one of us ??......Raj

Im sorry, but could you please explain in a sentence or two what you believe grace is?

Here’s mine.

Grace is the God given ability to do what we can not do, without it; it’s the power of God unto salvation.

Grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace by which we are born again; regenerated.

Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:29

Do you disagree?

JLB

Those that claimed Christ but did evil Jesus stated HE never knew them and called them evildoers. They were not one with Christ then. (Christ in us) So those that claim Christ but do not do as He says has not known Him.

In regard to the parable of the sower and harvest time the weeds were the sons of the devil. And Jesus stated His enemy sowed those weeds.

Wheat and weeds or sheep and goats. Gathering time or harvest time.

God works for the "good" of those that "love Him".
Just as Jesus stated those that love Him obey Him. Then He and His Father will make their home with such a person.

Give half you wealth away? I tell you as I read Jesus words-if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."

Sin abounds but grace abounds even more.

Im sorry, but could you please explain in a sentence or two what you believe grace is?

Here’s mine.

Grace is the God given ability to do what we can not do, without it; it’s the power of God unto salvation.

Grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace by which we are born again; regenerated.

Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:29

Do you disagree?

JLB
I absolutely agree we are saved by Grace of God . No question about it. I also believe I'm able eat, live, think , act eat, speak, see Love etc etc by sheer grace of God. Else I'm just a bunch of atoms , like non living matter . That being said I would like to ask you brother JLB if we are saved by Grace alone , and if indeed it was as Vital as that, why then didn't the architect of human salvation Jesus the Son of God fail to mention even once in His entire ministry the Word Grace ? Jesus was speaking the good news to hundreds of thousands. Those people did not get to hear the saved by grace through Faith doctrine . Why were they denied ---- everybody whom Jesus addressed/ taught. Neither did Jesus use the Word Grace or the doctrine saved by grace before His crucifixion or After resurrection . Neither did He mention in future times in the Book of revelation. If indeed one were to be saved by Grace alone Jesus should have mentioned this at least once . But He didn't. Neither did John or Matthew teach or His brother James or any of the 4 gospels . So the Question here is why didn't Jesus the savior of mankind teach the doctrine Saved by Grace alone to hundreds of thousands He taught ? Because to me that is a Major. Major Red Flag to me

Last edited:
That being said I would like to ask you brother JLB if we are saved by Grace alone ,

No.

Grace is from God, it’s His part. He extends His supernatural ability to us, to enable us to believe and therefore obey the message of the Gospel.

We are initially saved by grace through faith.

Faith comes to us from God when we hear the Gospel. However faith must be activated by our obedient response, otherwise it remains dormant or “dead”, inactive as well as incomplete, and unable to produce the intended result, like a body without a spirit is dearth and incomplete, unable to function.

Grace empowers us to obey what we hear from God, by which we receive faith.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
James 2:21-22

Paul calls this the obedience of faith.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Romans 16:26

We are saved by grace through faith.

Not grace alone.

Not faith alone.

By grace through faith. This is how we are regenerated, ie born again, and now have the ability, through the new nature, empowered by the Spirit to live a life of righteousness and love.

Now comes to battle to live our life according to the Spirit, rather than live our life according to the lustful desires of our flesh.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14

• For if you live according to the flesh you will die;
  • but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB

Last edited:
No.

Grace is from God, it’s His part. He extends His supernatural ability to us, to enable us to believe and therefore obey the message of the Gospel.

We are initially saved by grace through faith.

Faith comes to us from God when we hear the Gospel. However faith must be activated by our obedient response, otherwise it remains dormant or “dead”, inactive as well as incomplete, and unable to produce the intended result, like a body without a spirit is dearth and incomplete, unable to function.

Grace empowers us to obey what we hear from God, by which we receive faith.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
James 2:21-22

Paul calls this the obedience of faith.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Romans 16:26

We are saved by grace through faith.

Not grace alone.

Not faith alone.

By grace through faith. This is how we are regenerated, ie born again, and now have the ability, through the new nature, empowered by the Spirit to live a life of righteousness and love.

Now comes to battle to live our life according to the Spirit, rather than live our life according to the lustful desires of our flesh.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14

• For if you live according to the flesh you will die;
  • but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB
You explained very well, but unfortunately my core question went unanswered which is " Why didn't Jesus the savior of mankind even mention the Word Grace in His doctrine of salvation to hundreds of thousands He taught?"
They went home without learning the Truth . Jesus failed to mention Grace after resurrection , and failed to mention it in future time , when He returns in fury to judge mankind ( Revelation). Why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back