Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Salvation really a "free Gift" of God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God was drawing upon his heart even then.

Very similar to the woman with the issue of blood.

Yes, His faith saved him.

However, the principle by which faith operates to produce the intended divine result is obedience; the obedience of faith.

That principle is found in Romans 10:9-10, as well as
James 2:21-26

He is a comparison of Romans 1:9-10 and the passage of the thief on the cross —

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” Luke 23:42-43

The thief confessed Him as Lord, and by saying “remember me when You come into your kingdom”, he believed Jesus would certainly continue to live on and be resurrected, and rule as Lord and King.

The obedience of faith is confessing Jesus as Lord, which is how we are saved. It is the corresponding action of obedience to the command to repent.

• with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

JLB
I wouldn't define that as work. Clearly it was grace and mercy that saved that criminal not by works. The only work was what Jesus did. By His blood.

Grace alone will not save you, and work alone cannot save you. In place of grace there must be faith. It is a twisting of the scriptures. James 2:14, 2:18, 2:22.
me thinks you twisted ity a tad bit Grace is the saving element we accept it by faith Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” your confusing what james is writing faith w.o works is dead . if were saved we will use our faith,, yes with out faith it is impossible to please God. Grace is Christ paying the price on the cross for our sins GOD. RICHES AT CHRIST EXPENSE ==G.R.A.C.E it was his Blood his broken Body .it was Him who resurrected. we cant do enough works to pay back what he done for us

Romans
Chapter 10​

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I wouldn't define that as work. Clearly it was grace and mercy that saved that criminal not by works. The only work was what Jesus did. By His blood.

The "work" the thief on the cross did is the exact same "work" everyone else does, to be saved.

The "work" or action of obedience, which is to confess with our mouth, Jesus as Lord.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

--- with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

JLB

The "work" the thief on the cross did is the exact same "work" everyone else does, to be saved.

The "work" or action of obedience, which is to confess with our mouth, Jesus as Lord.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

JLB
its still grace

JLB
If you want to define confession of faith as work. That's ok with me though I don't share that view.
He simply asked a question of the Lord. He received a favorable reply. That reply was full of mercy and grace. He was saved by grace not works.

its still grace

Of course it’s grace.

Grace is imparted from God, along with faith.

Grace is the power from God, to believe and therefore obey.

The power of God unto salvation.

Grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:28-29

We who have His Spirit can also impart grace.

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

JLB

If you want to define confession of faith as work. That's ok with me though I don't share that view.

Actually it would be better defined as the action of obedience.

Im just wanting to stay true to the words of scripture that James defined for us.

JLB

How does this pertain to the OP?

Also, please capitalize Jesus when you use His name.

JLB
pardon my grammar i doubt i posted that most likely some little finger and BTW it has every thing to do with every post JESUS IS HERE .this is big problem in all forums its all about what we believe. its not about us but Him death burial resurrection Jesus way truth life

Of course it’s grace.

Grace is imparted from God, along with faith.

Grace is the power from God, to believe and therefore obey.

The power of God unto salvation.

Grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:28-29

We who have His Spirit can also impart grace.

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

JLB
then where does works come in ? it comes after salvation not proceeded

then where does works come in ? it comes after salvation not proceeded

I agree. Good works that are inspired by the Spirit come after we are born again and have the Holy Spirit.

However, the “work” or action of obedience is required for faith to be complete, and activated to produce the divine result of justification and or salvation.

Not good works, but the action of obedience.

In our salvation this action is confessing Jesus as Lord, which is a direct result of obeying the Gospel command to repent.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:10

JLB

In our salvation this action is confessing Jesus as Lord, which is a direct result of obeying the Gospel command to repent.
i understand what your saying.. but i am not a fan of using works as a word in salvation, the lost person has no idea about obedience. so i stick with saved by Grace through faith justified ny faith and grace and the Blood

i understand what your saying.. but i am not a fan of using works as a word in salvation, the lost person has no idea about obedience. so i stick with saved by Grace through faith justified ny faith and grace and the Blood
Jerry can you please quote some verses of Christ which say you can be saved by faith and grace alone . Thank you...Raj

eph 2:8-10 BY GRACE THROUGH JUSTIFIED BY GRACE FAITH BLOOD

Ephesians 2:8-10​

New International Version​

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork,created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Verse 8. Grace, through faith. Faith is the instrument (dia) God uses to impart his Grace. Faith is simply to say believing. Believing is not a work, it’s a state of mind. Do you believe Gods saving Grace is lavished upon the unbelieving - those with no faith?

By way of example: Jesus could do very few miracles in his hometown because they lacked faith.

Ephesians 2:8-10​

New International Version​

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork,created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Verse 8. Grace, through faith. Faith is the instrument (dia) God uses to impart his Grace. Faith is simply to say believing. Believing is not a work, it’s a state of mind. Do you believe Gods saving Grace is lavished upon the unbelieving - those with no faith?

By way of example: Jesus could do very few miracles in his hometown because they lacked faith.

There should be a "Boom" button, as in, nailed it! ?

There should be a "Boom" button, as in, nailed it! ?

Hebrews 11

New International Version

Faith in Action​

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

Do you believe Gods saving Grace is lavished upon the unbelieving - those with no faith?
i believe in saving Grace and saving grace alone. Grace And truth -for the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. God grace is watching over the unbeliever other wise when i was Lost i would have been Dead if we aint saved by grace alone then we aint saved ....Bible 101

Back