Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Salvation really a "free Gift" of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Paul says in Romans 6:23 "Salvation is a free Gift of God"

“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of god is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

Paul mentions this thought few more times like in Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 3:24 etc.

But, while reading Luke recently I realized Jesus completely rejects that (Paul’s) claim in Luke 14:25-34 --- by stating the LARGE COST of becoming His disciple—be ready to give up EVERYTHING warns/ counsels the Lord if you want to become my disciple. Exactly what Jesus had told the rich man in the rich man and Jesus incident ( it is not a parable) (Mark 10:17–31).

Again, Paul taught what Jesus sent Him to teach.

Our “initial salvation”, ie being born again, comes by believing.

Receiving the salvation of our soul comes as a result of our faith; keeping the faith to the end; enduring to the end.

What believe means in the original as well as what faith means, where it comes from and how it functions to produce the intended divine result, are all good discussion topics that will promote a unity of understanding.

Claiming that Jesus taught a different doctrine than Paul, or that Paul is a false teacher, only shows that there is misunderstanding and confusion, which will only lead to division among God’s people.

Please consider this.

God bless you.

JLB

GRACE IS THE SAVING ELEMENT not faith when the dust settles Grace is standing

So now your saying grace without faith saves; grace alone?

Without our obedience through the Spirit, we are not saved.

Grace is available to all, but only those who humble themselves to obey the Gospel are saved.

JLB

Forgive me again things are being said that are not written. :) He does not make any mistakes. What is written is what should have be said. Context really matters here.

Amen. :nod

Grace is available to all, but only those who humble themselves to obey the Gospel are saved.

JLB
Scripture says that many shall be made righteous by the obedience of One ! Ro 5:19

For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

JLB
what did paul write in Ephesians 2 by grace through faith.. BTW that makes twice you misquoted what i posted . does your denomination teach that ?

Scripture says that many shall be made righteous by the obedience of One ! Ro 5:19

For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Amen. How is a person made righteous apart from obedience.

We are justified by faith; the obedience of faith.

JLB

nope only what scripture says Grace and truth John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. Grace to many say faith saves and it dont

Ok so this post number 64 you made was a mistake?

jerry63935 said:
salvation is by GRACE and GRACE only

Now your saying we are saved by grace and truth, not faith.

John 1:17 doesn’t say we are saved by grace and truth.

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

We are saved by grace through faith.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8

JLB

I just showed you Rom 5 19. The one obedience that makes righteous is Christ.

For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19

Amen. Great scripture.

Without Christ's obedience to God the Father, to live an obedient, sinless life and then bd obedient to submit to death on the cross, none of us would have had the oppurtunity to obey the Gospel.

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1 Peter 4:17

• what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Do you believe those who do not obey the Gospel are saved?

JLB

and i stand on that:nono john 1;17 Grace saves we accept it by faith

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

Sorry Jerry, John 1:17 doesn't say —
"Grace saves we accept it by faith".

We are saved by grace through faith.

JLB

Last edited:
JLB,
How much obedience do I need to be saved? 50/50, 75/25, 100%?

Obeying the Gospel is how we are saved.

The way we obey the Gospel is to repent.

The way we repent, turn to God in submission to Him as Lord, is to confess Jesus as Lord.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

• with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I would say that confessing Jesus as Lord, is a 100% type of thing.

He is either your Lord or Satan is your Lord.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back