Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's time to make crime illegal again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
around 4 minutes in,
need strong leaders

point of order - when the majestic oak tree is burning,
the leaders, the rich and powerful,
promote and condone ungodliness and crime,

what is the lowly sagebrush (little people, commoners) to do ?

Never forget what was revealed in Dominion's defamation lawsuit against Fox News, namely how they deliberately lie to their viewers and ignore facts, because if they don't they worry the viewers will go elsewhere (which makes me wonder what sort of person actually wants to be lied to about things like crime).

Meanwhile, in reality (as has been posted here many times before)...

Of course, if we want to "make crime illegal again", we can start by rejecting Don the Con's argument that he, and he alone, should be absolutely immune from all laws. Then we can hold him accountable for his crimes...thereby making crime illegal again. :thumb

Never forget what was revealed in Dominion's defamation lawsuit against Fox News, namely how they deliberately lie to their viewers and ignore facts, because if they don't they worry the viewers will go elsewhere (which makes me wonder what sort of person actually wants to be lied to about things like crime).

Of course, if we want to "make crime illegal again", we can start by rejecting Don the Con's argument that he, and he alone, should be absolutely immune from all laws. Then we can hold him accountable for his crimes...thereby making crime illegal again. :thumb
Yeah. I guess New Yorkers must have imagined the national guard being deployed to police the subways die to all the crime. Oh, I'm sorry... "disorders." 🙄

Yeah. I guess New Yorkers must have imagined the national guard being deployed to police the subways die to all the crime. Oh, I'm sorry... "disorders." 🙄
Dude, try and avoid black/white thinking as much as possible. Crime can be dropping nationally, while some places have local and/or temporary increases.

I mean really....what's the point of this thread? Why does Fox News constantly run stories about crime, especially in urban areas with minority populations?

Think about it.

There is alot of different data and statistics so correct me if im wrong but your link is about USA crime dropping as a whole country where i think its talking about a specific city or region.

Im mean there is different cities, regions, states, and then there is the countey as a whole. Im sure some cities and states are lower or higher crime rates than others, and it all goes on who reports what.

I mean there is alot of crime out there that does not go reported so it cannot be added to the stats. Alot of vicitms are afraid to come forward thats always been known.

I remmeber there was a survey thousands of people from all walks of life and one of the results showed less than a quarter of crime was reported due to a number of reasons, that was even including people not realising a crime had been committed against them.

There is alot of different data and statistics so correct me if im wrong but your link is about USA crime dropping as a whole country where i think its talking about a specific city or region.

Im mean there is different cities, regions, states, and then there is the countey as a whole. Im sure some cities and states are lower or higher crime rates than others, and it all goes on who reports what.
Yep, that was precisely my point.

Dude, try and avoid black/white thinking as much as possible. Crime can be dropping nationally, while some places have local and/or temporary increases.
But it's happening in blue states more than red states. Urban cities especially are being hit really hard. Places like Chicago, New York City, LA, etc.

I mean really....what's the point of this thread? Why does Fox News constantly run stories about crime, especially in urban areas with minority populations?
They don't. Black and Hispanics commit more crime than other races. That's why they have a higher incarceration rate. It's not some racist conspiracy. If you look at incarceration rates among Jews and Asians in the United States, you'll notice that it's significantly lower than blacks and Hispanics. Hence why they're never brought up on the news. The culture one grows up in is very important indeed.

As for Fox, I really don't care what they do. I haven't had cable tv since 2009. I certainly haven't forgotten how poorly me Ann's many others were treated by the so-called "conservative media" apparatus for opposing the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq. Yours truly was called a communist, anti-Ametican, troop hater, terrorist sympathizer, among other things, by the conservatives that today try to wax poetic about free speech and the republic. 🙄

But it's happening in blue states more than red states. Urban cities especially are being hit really hard. Places like Chicago, New York City, LA, etc.

Takeaways
The red state murder rate was 33% higher than the blue state murder rate in both 2021 and 2022.
2022 was the 23rd consecutive year that murder plagued Trump-voting states at far higher levels than Biden-voting states.
8 out of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2022 voted for Donald Trump in both 2016 and 2020.
From 2000 to 2022, the average red state murder rate was 24% higher than the average blue state murder rate.
Red states like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama are America’s murder capitals and have had the highest three murder rates for 15 of the last 23 years.
The excuse that sky high red state murder rates are because of their blue cities is without merit. Even after removing the county with the largest city from red states, and not from blue states, red state murder rates were still 20% higher in 2021 and 16% higher in 2022.

They don't. Black and Hispanics commit more crime than other races. That's why they have a higher incarceration rate. It's not some racist conspiracy.
No, it's an effect of being poor. If you control for poverty, the rates are quite similar. Also, for things like drug use the data shows that even though whites and blacks use and carry drugs at the same rates, police stop, search, and cite/arrest blacks at far higher rates than whites, and blacks get much harsher punishments even when controlling for priors.

The culture one grows up in is very important indeed.
Oh brother, not that racist trope, please.

As for Fox, I really don't care what they do. I haven't had cable tv since 2009.
Good to know.

Takeaways
The red state murder rate was 33% higher than the blue state murder rate in both 2021 and 2022.
2022 was the 23rd consecutive year that murder plagued Trump-voting states at far higher levels than Biden-voting states.
8 out of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2022 voted for Donald Trump in both 2016 and 2020.
From 2000 to 2022, the average red state murder rate was 24% higher than the average blue state murder rate.
Red states like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama are America’s murder capitals and have had the highest three murder rates for 15 of the last 23 years.
The excuse that sky high red state murder rates are because of their blue cities is without merit. Even after removing the county with the largest city from red states, and not from blue states, red state murder rates were still 20% higher in 2021 and 16% higher in 2022.

You complain about Fox and then quote Axios. Lol.

No, it isn't. Being poor doesn't force people to join gangs, use drugs, or rape women. One doesn't have to become a career criminal to make ends meet. It's a choice one makes.
https://www.hrw.org/reports/2000/usa/Rcedrg00-05.htm
Oh brother, not that racist trope, please.
It isn't racist. The culture one grows up in does matter.

You complain about Fox and then quote Axios. Lol.
If you have evidence that Axios knowingly lies to their audience, then show it. Otherwise you're just engaging in very, very lazy thinking.

Being poor doesn't force people to join gangs, use drugs, or rape women. One doesn't have to become a career criminal to make ends meet.
No one said it "forces" anyone to do things; it's that poverty and crime very strongly track each other, which shows there is some sort of cause-effect going on. That's been known for decades now.

It's a choice one makes.
https://www.hrw.org/reports/2000/usa/Rcedrg00-05.htm

It isn't racist. The culture one grows up in does matter.
It's racist to argue that black culture = crime, period.

No, it isn't.
Yeah it is. "Black culture = crime" is what causes employers to prefer candidates with non-black sounding names when all else is equal. It's what causes people to see ordinary black people as dangerous and threatening. It's what causes police to speak to and treat black citizens more aggressively than everyone else.

It also makes no sense. For example, there is no singular monolithic "black culture". Black Americans come from all sorts of diverse backgrounds and experiences.

And it doesn't line up with the data. For example, in cities such as Philadelphia, the black population grew from 1990 to 2010 yet the murder rate fell by over 11%. In NYC during the same period the black population declined by 3% yet the murder rate plummeted from 30.7 to 6.6%. Plus, the data shows that violent crimes are committed by about 5-8% of a population, so if "black culture = crime" why does that not hold true for the vast, vast majority of blacks?

Simply put, "black culture = crime" is lazy thinking, racist, and dangerous.

Simply put, "black culture = crime" is lazy thinking, racist, and dangerous.
I never anything about "black culture". My opinion is the same as yours. There is no monolithic black culture. However, there is such a thing as a ghetto black culture. This is what I was referring to, and it's what people like Thomas Sowell and Larry Elder talk about frequently wheb they discuss violence and crime within black communities.

We shouldn't stick our heads in the sand and pretend that it's not a problem if we also believe black lives matter. The actual victims of this degenerate culture are other black people most of the time.

However, there is such a thing as a ghetto black culture. This is what I was referring to, and it's what people like Thomas Sowell and Larry Elder talk about frequently wheb they discuss violence and crime within black communities.
They can talk about it, but as I noted the data doesn't support the narrative.

We shouldn't stick our heads in the sand and pretend that it's not a problem if we also believe black lives matter. The actual victims of this degenerate culture are other black people most of the time.
It doesn't help to promote a narrative that pushes people to be inherently suspicious and fearful of black people.

They can talk about it, but as I noted the data doesn't support the narrative.
What narrative? That black ghetto culture exists? Its obvious to anyone living in America outside of Washington D.C.

It doesn't help to promote a narrative that pushes people to be inherently suspicious and fearful of black people.
But they're not. They're pointing out problems within the black community that disproportionately effects black people.

I got fasely accused of being a criminal this week. Apparently i didnt pay gas. Apparently they agreed it was me and its on camera. I know it wasnt me so i said go back get the evidence and show me it on camera and i will will pay, i went back, oh suddendly there is an excuse its not me, i knew that, but an appology would have been nice.

What narrative? That black ghetto culture exists? Its obvious to anyone living in America outside of Washington D.C.

But they're not. They're pointing out problems within the black community that disproportionately effects black people.
So pray tell, what exactly is this "black ghetto culture" and how did you come to know so much about it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back