Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Let's talk about homosexuality (again!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When folks like you make up fictional negative narratives about an entire group of people the way you've done here, it's hate speech.
Except that's not fictional. You're accusing me what you're guilty of. The only false narrative is the gay narrative you're pushing.
Why do you have to be like that? Why did you have to add in "your LGBTQ god"? Seems like an unnecessary bit of nastiness to me.
Because you worship your ideology like a god. You wouldn't be so offended and so relentlessly defending it from everybody else here if it were not so. This is religious zeal, there's no other explanation.

Except that's not fictional.
If it wasn't, you could back it up. The fact that you can't speaks for itself.

Because you worship your ideology like a god. You wouldn't be so offended and so relentlessly defending it from everybody else here if it were not so. This is religious zeal, there's no other explanation.
I guess I do get a bit passionate about defending marginalized people from hate. And I guess you see that as a bad thing, and prefer to be on the side of the hate.

Like I said, no wonder so many cite the behaviors of Christians as among the reasons they reject Christianity.

If it wasn't, you could back it up. The fact that you can't speaks for itself.
If you really beleive that homosexuality is normal, then that's fictional, a false narrative, a perversion of natural sexuality. You've been living in the echo chamber of this perversion and worshiping a false god.

I guess I do get a bit passionate about defending marginalized people from hate. And I guess you see that as a bad thing, and prefer to be on the side of the hate.

Like I said, no wonder so many cite the behaviors of Christians as among the reasons they reject Christianity.
The only one who's full of hatred is you, you hate God and his faithful people so much that you have to come to this place to spread your propaganda.

This days LGBTQ is not "marginalized", they are the mainstream, they've infiltrated every institution, that's why everything sucks. everything is corrupted and collapsing. So please at least have some decency and stop playing the victim. That's not passionate, that's despicable and pathetic.

I'm reopening the thread but with the warning to follow the ToS:
1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
1.5: No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to intentionally upset members. Intentional disruption of this nature may result in immediate termination of your membership.

Any further violations of the ToS will result in removal from this thread.

It would be a lot easier if you used the built-in quote feature so I wouldn't have to search the entire thread to find the quotations you posted because it would provide a link to the actual post where it is found and I can read it in context. I'm not going to waste my time digging through this thread to find them.

It would be a lot easier if you used the built-in quote feature so I wouldn't have to search the entire thread to find the quotations you posted because it would provide a link to the actual post where it is found and I can read it in context. I'm not going to waste my time digging through this thread to find them.
Huh, that's weird. When I click the links they go right to the specific post.

I followed the links you provided and I do not recognize any hate speech. I do recognize a difference of opinion but not hate speech.
Huh. I obviously disagree, and I'm pretty sure if I made up entirely fictional narratives about Christians as a whole the way folks have done here with LGBTQs, among the first responses I would get would be along the lines of "why do you hate Christians".

Huh. I obviously disagree, and I'm pretty sure if I made up entirely fictional narratives about Christians as a whole the way folks have done here with LGBTQs, among the first responses I would get would be along the lines of "why do you hate Christians".
Expressing disagreement or another point of view is not hating. You need to stop listening to the media.

Expressing disagreement or another point of view is not hating. You need to stop listening to the media.
The media? That makes zero sense.

Here, let me give you an example. Here is some of what was posted in this thread...

"Homosexuals are polyamerous, changing partners frequently for the satisfaction of sinful flesh, it's all about themselves, their own desires, their own needs, there's no love, only lust. If you think they can maintain relationships, raise kids and manage work life balance, that's an illusion that only exists on screen, it's all an act."

Now to you, that's not hate speech. IOW, you see no hate at all in those words. I wonder if you would feel the same if someone posted here...

"Christians are pedophiles, swapping children among themselves for their own sexual satisfaction, it's all about their own sick desires and needs. There is no compassion for children, only lust. If you think Christians can actually be good with children and Sunday School classes are a good thing, that's an illusion and a front for their child trafficking."

Given that the typical definition of "hate speech" is along the lines of "offensive, discriminatory, and/or intolerant speech that targets a specific group because of who they are (such as race, religion or gender) in order to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against against them", I'd be very interested in hearing how neither of the above constitute hate speech.

The media? That makes zero sense.

Here, let me give you an example. Here is some of what was posted in this thread...

"Homosexuals are polyamerous, changing partners frequently for the satisfaction of sinful flesh, it's all about themselves, their own desires, their own needs, there's no love, only lust. If you think they can maintain relationships, raise kids and manage work life balance, that's an illusion that only exists on screen, it's all an act."

Now to you, that's not hate speech. IOW, you see no hate at all in those words. I wonder if you would feel the same if someone posted here...

"Christians are pedophiles, swapping children among themselves for their own sexual satisfaction, it's all about their own sick desires and needs. There is no compassion for children, only lust. If you think Christians can actually be good with children and Sunday School classes are a good thing, that's an illusion and a front for their child trafficking."

Given that the typical definition of "hate speech" is along the lines of "offensive, discriminatory, and/or intolerant speech that targets a specific group because of who they are (such as race, religion or gender) in order to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against against them", I'd be very interested in hearing how neither of the above constitute hate speech.
None of the three links you gave me included what you quoted here.

Yes it is.

In your Post #187 if you click the link to the second example I posted to you that you quoted, it takes you to the post I just quoted today.
Ahh. I see it. My mistake. Since Free has already addressed some of what has been going on, I will at this point reiterate what he has already posted so for everyone, let's keep this discussion civil.

I'm reopening the thread but with the warning to follow the ToS:
1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
1.5: No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to intentionally upset members. Intentional disruption of this nature may result in immediate termination of your membership.

Any further violations of the ToS will result in removal from this thread.

This is difficult because lots of “the gays” lol 😆 are awesome at contributing to society etc. it isn’t hatred to say the acts themselves are sinful. By extension I don’t think 🤔 it’s hate speech 🎤 to point out problems in the lgbtqi community that result from affirming behavior both the OT and the NT condemn as sinful and damaging to those involved.

I will say that one reason I remain out of church ⛪️ is that church ⛪️ is filled with people from the surrounding community and the surrounding community that chooses to go to church ⛪️ either barely tolerate a non heterosexual Christian…

Or twist scripture so they can feel loving 🥰 by affirming prohibited behavior and lifestyles.

it isn’t hatred to say the acts themselves are sinful.
Correct, as long as it stops there.

By extension I don’t think 🤔 it’s hate speech 🎤 to point out problems in the lgbtqi community that result from affirming behavior
Why would you need to do that? And why so much focus on just this one sin? Where are all the Christians "pointing out problems" with greed and love of money? From where I sit, it looks like a lot of Christians not only don't do that, but actually embrace the love of money (prosperity gospel, televangelists).

both the OT and the NT condemn as sinful and damaging to those involved.
So then the people who believe that shouldn't be queer. But it doesn't give them license to go around making up hateful stories about LGBTQs.

I will say that one reason I remain out of church ⛪️ is that church ⛪️ is filled with people from the surrounding community and the surrounding community that chooses to go to church ⛪️ either barely tolerate a non heterosexual Christian…

Or twist scripture so they can feel loving 🥰 by affirming prohibited behavior and lifestyles.
A lot of young people have cited Christians' treatment of, and rhetoric about, LGBTQs as among the reasons they reject Christianity. So unless y'all want to see your numbers continue to decline, you might want to figure this out.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back