Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Matt. 24:21 Wake Up Call?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
E

Elijah674

--Elijah here:

Matt. 24 (where are we at in Matt. 24? Take a look at this up coming year?)

[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Take note that this does not take in all of

the other Tribulations!)
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
[23] Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
[25] Behold, I have told you before.
[26] Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
[27] For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

US endures 12 billion-dollar weather disasters

Year’s onslaught of twisters, floods, storms sets record

By Seth Borenson

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON-------- America smashed the record billion –dollar weather disasters this year with a deadly dozen --- and counting.

With an almost biblical onslaught of twisters, floods, snow, drought, heat and wildfire, the U.S. in 2011 has seen more weather catastrophes that caused at least

$1 billion in damages than it did in all of the 1980s, even after the dollar figures from back then are adjusted for inflation.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration added two disasters to the list Wednesday, bringing the total to 12. The two are the Texas, New Mexico and

Arizona wildfires and the mid-June tornadoes and severe weather.

NOAA uses $1 billion as a benchmark for the worst weather disasters. Extreme weather in America this year has killed more than 1,000 people, according to National

Weather Service Director Jack Hayes. The dozen billion-dollar disasters alone add up to $52 billion.

The old record for $1 billion disasters was nine, in 2008. Hayes, a meteorologist since 1970, said he has never seen a year for extreme weather like this, calling it “the

deadly, destructive and relentless 2011.â€

Scientists blame an unlucky combination of global warming and freak chance. They say even with the long-predicted increase in weather extremes triggered by manmade

climate change, 2011 in the U.S. was wilder than they predicted. For example, the last six large outbreaks of twisters can’t be attributed to global warming, scientists say.

“The degree of devastation is extreme in and of itself, and it would be tempting to say that it is a sign of things to come, though we would be hard-pressed to see such

a convergence of circumstances occuring in one single year again for a while,†said Jerry Meehl, a climate scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in

Boulder, Colo.

Another factor in the rising number of billion-dollar calamities: “More people and more stuff in harm’s way,†such as in coastal areas, said NOAA Administrator Jane

Lubchenco. “What we’re seeing this year is not just an anomalous year, but a harbinger of things to come,†with heat waves, droughts and other extreme weather,

Lubchenco said Wednesday at an American Geophysical Union science conference in San Francisco.

The number of weather catastrophes that pass the billion-dollar mark when adjusted into constant dollars is increasing with each decade. In the 1980s, it was 3.8 a year.

It jumped to 4.6 in the first decade of this century. And in the past two years, it has averaged 7.5.

Other years had overall damage figures because of one gargantuan disaster, such as Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and a 1988 drought.

Gave up on the earthquakes?

It was Christ's prophesy in Matt. 24:21 & then what follows, not mine. I believe it because Christ said it! Which means that His 2nd Coming is shortly! :thumbsup

Matt. 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

(and the News article did not cover much in real [TRIBULATIONS] that we are having! Earthquakes are only one such trib., people are starving by the thousands, and Aids which Tom Brocaw said a short time back was like the Bibical Plagues. And has this killed more or less than then? Rom. 13:11 + Matt. 25 are our times as I see it.

If one would just stop & ask theirself about an 2 Thess. 2:1-3 'falling away' just before Christ Comes Again the Second Time, and then look around in the WORLD News Print & TV News casts, it seems that 'some' even would 'open one eye'??) :sad
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

--Elijah

PS: Just a special note on the above passage. Matt. 24 will have NO 39 years this SECOND TIME around both Christ & Paul's documentation! (Ecc' 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15 REPEAT) So Dan's time prophecy will need to be understood as old Israel + New Israel in our 'last day' is to be cut short.

It was Christ's prophesy in Matt. 24:21 & then what follows, not mine. I believe it because Christ said it! Which means that His 2nd Coming is shortly!

Ya know Eli , thats been said before. Although you might be the first to invoke the Prophet Brocaw

But what do you mean shortly? Couple of weeks? Months? How about a time frame so in case this doesnt happen we can compare your prediction with events as they turn out?

Looking at all these external matters is quite entirely and utterly worthless.

The real tribulation is carried within us.

Believers who stand looking at the outside of the cup, waiting for the end will eventually find it WHEN THEY DIE.

Tribulation for 'believers' has always been 'a personal matter.' It is not a matter of external weather or external earthquakes or yada yada yada.

Tribulation for the believer is our chastisement and discipline by the Lord dealing directly 'with us.'

If God loves you, you WILL have tribulation in your own LIFE. It is a written guarantee.

So standing around looking at the weather report, watching the latest news about Israel or Russia or whatever is really not going to be of much use for anyone in understanding the nature of Gods Tribulation. One can make any sensationalist claims they want, but they will NEVER get to the 'heart' of the matters so to speak.

Tribulation in the Old Testament is just as valid as in the New.

Deuteronomy 4:
30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice
31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Tribulation in HIS LIGHT above is in fact 'a personal matter.' It is meant to deal with YOU.

Matthew 13:21
Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Those who not understand the basis of tribulation will FALL right there. They will NOT go on. And they will not 'because' tribulation is an internal matter. It is a matter of being PERSONALLY OFFENDED.

Matthew 11:
6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Luke 7:
23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

I would give the basis of offense from His Word, but you'll be offended or you wouldn't even understand it.

Tribulation has gone on since DAY 1 of Adam. There has been tribulation going on in this world since that time.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the
world.

In the end, there will be a great or final tribulation. It is not one meant to bring us fear. It is the separation of us from our sins AS A REALITY. This will be the GREAT TRIBULATION.

It will be 'like' A GREAT EARTHQUAKE.

A 'personal one.' And the children of God are actually looking forward to it IN HIS LIGHT.

enjoy!

smaller

It was Christ's prophesy in Matt. 24:21 & then what follows, not mine. I believe it because Christ said it! Which means that His 2nd Coming is shortly!

Ya know Eli , thats been said before. Although you might be the first to invoke the Prophet Brocaw

But what do you mean shortly? Couple of weeks? Months? How about a time frame so in case this doesnt happen we can compare your prediction with events as they turn out?
Bibicial speaking isn't shortly at least 2000 years?

My prediction??
The Matt. 24 verse was Christs Word. But from 21 on, there are a few 'short works' to be seen. 2 Thess. 2..
[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. (666?)

But my point was that we are in a very serious time of escalating 'tribulation' as 'i' see it. And that it will be so bad, that the Rev. 17:1-5 ones will want to do some forced worship thing to get God to bless their type of stuff that caused 'a great falling away'.

--Elijah

Matt. 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Prophetic hyperbole, anyone?

{9} ~'And because of all your abominations, I will do among you what I have not done, and the like of which I will never do again. {10} ~'Therefore, fathers will eat their sons among you, and sons will eat their fathers; for I will execute judgments on you and scatter all your remnant to every wind. {11} ~'So as I live,' declares the Lord GOD, 'surely, because you have defiled My sanctuary with all your detestable idols and with all your abominations, therefore I will also withdraw, and My eye will have no pity and I will not spare. {12} ~'One third of you will die by plague or be consumed by famine among you, one third will fall by the sword around you, and one third I will scatter to every wind, and I will unsheathe a sword behind them. Ezekiel 5:9-12 (NASB)

Christ is prophesying what will happen to Jerusalem, at the hands of the Romans, using the same prophetic "voice" Ezekiel used when prophesying of Jerusalem's desolation (destruction) at the hands of the Babylonians.

Matthew 24:21 is all about Jerusalem, not us.

P.S. This is a perfect example of what the writer of Hebrews meant when he wrote this:

{1} God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, {2} in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. Hebrews 1:1-2 (NASB)

"Last days" of what, Elijah?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt. 24

Prophetic hyperbole, anyone?

{9} ~'And because of all your abominations, I will do among you what I have not done, and the like of which I will never do again. {10} ~'Therefore, fathers will eat their sons among you, and sons will eat their fathers; for I will execute judgments on you and scatter all your remnant to every wind. {11} ~'So as I live,' declares the Lord GOD, 'surely, because you have defiled My sanctuary with all your detestable idols and with all your abominations, therefore I will also withdraw, and My eye will have no pity and I will not spare. {12} ~'One third of you will die by plague or be consumed by famine among you, one third will fall by the sword around you, and one third I will scatter to every wind, and I will unsheathe a sword behind them. Ezekiel 5:9-12 (NASB)

Christ is prophesying what will happen to Jerusalem, at the hands of the Romans, using the same prophetic "voice" Ezekiel used when prophesying of Jerusalem's desolation (destruction) at the hands of the Babylonians.

Matthew 24:21 is all about Jerusalem, not us.

P.S. This is a perfect example of what the writer of Hebrews meant when he wrote this:

{1} God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, {2} in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. Hebrews 1:1-2 (NASB)

"Last days" of what, Elijah?

Hi, Lets see if God can awaken you this coming year?:seehearspeak
--Elijah

Play nice guys.

Remember the member reading is not in your head but their own... Things can read to one person differently than another and very different than what the posted thought he was writing.

My prediction??
The Matt. 24 verse was Christs Word. But from 21 on, there are a few 'short works' to be seen. 2 Thess. 2..
[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. (666?)

But my point was that we are in a very serious time of escalating 'tribulation' as 'i' see it. And that it will be so bad, that the Rev. 17:1-5 ones will want to do some forced worship thing to get God to bless their type of stuff that caused 'a great falling away'.

--Elijah
This is what you posted ;

This is what I asked;

I cant see anything in your response that addresses the question ;
But what do you mean shortly?

Matt. 24 is the WORD OF CHRIST GOD. We read several questions asked & then answered by Christ. See if these are hard to understand? First we see..

[1] And Jesus went out, and departed [from the temple]: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
[2] And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

[3] And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

[I had only posted up some few things of year 2011 from the News that are said to be.. ‘12 billion-dollar weather disasters’. (you go back to re/read it?) in between Matt. 24 I had not commented on,
if there was any interest, I would do so.]

[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (this verse is where I stopped
but Christ continues on. And the sign of His coming + the end of the world finds drastic changes, not only in Great Tribulation escalating right up to His Second Coming as He stated.. no, or ever shall be.’ But

lets read on & see if this is what takes place??)

[23] Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

(never had I ever thought that people could be drawn in by believing the false preteriost doctrine, and yet we find it coming in all over the place. One person on another site says that he is Christ! The kingdom

is inside of him.)

[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall
shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
[25] Behold, I have told you before.

(we now need this passage seen in 2 Thess. 2 to find that indeed satan’s men will work real miracles! Just suppose that you are who you are, and need ‘healing’, would the elect of Christ/God go to these one while

knowing that they teach anti/Christ stuff? So as I see it, this will be next on the CLOSING scene!)

[9] Even him, whose coming is [[[after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders]]],
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

(now back to the verse following Matt. 24:21 on)

[26] Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
[27] For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; [[so shall also the coming of the Son of man be]].

[28] For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
[29] Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
[31] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

(and this is the Inspired WORD of Christ!
wlEmoticon-pointingup[1].png
)

---Elijah

Neither the identity of the speaker nor the basic veracity of scriptures is in question Eli

Im getting the feeling Eli doesnt want to define shortly, we shall see.

I do not pretend to know when Christ is to come as per day, or year. But 1 Thess. 5:1-5
does say this much..

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
[5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
[6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

--Elijah

I do not pretend to know when Christ is to come as per day, or year. But 1 Thess. 5:1-5
does say this much..

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
[5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
[6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

--Elijah
Well Eli this is an admission you spoke out of turn and had no right to intone that you did know by saying;

It was Christ's prophesy in Matt. 24:21 & then what follows, not mine. I believe it because Christ said it! Which means that His 2nd Coming is shortly! :thumbsup

Well Eli this is an admission you spoke out of turn and had no right to intone that you did know by saying;

YAWN

Well Forum, some space on down Christ has more to digest. He says.. Matt. 24

[33] So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
(some see, and some don't. But what generation see's these things? Mine or the young'ins? Increased knowledge you name it? To watch football games on TV, huh? 'lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God'. And these ones are all Broadway in the hudge majority of 'c'hristians? (i put a question mark there, but these will mostly not want to apply that there either!;)) And Christ says that He will make these BLIND? 2 Thess. 2:9-12. OH! and that is before Christ COMES THE SECOND TIME! )

[34] Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
(Sure sounds like a stated FACT or decree of a fact between Christ's own & satans crew of the ones, that are not ready as of yet to 'LOVE HIS APPEARING? (seeing that time is still available) And again, verse 34 are Christ's OWN WORDS!)

[35] Heaven and earth shall pass away, but [[my words shall not pass away]].
(it seems that Matt. 4:4 is inclusive from Gen. - Rev. as well! My WORDS that were not even in print were for Adam? Surely!:thumbsup as were given in progression)

[36] But of [[that day and hour]] knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(the door of the Ark Closed! see Matt. 25:10? the 'house' became DESOLATE, see Matt. 23:38? and personally as 'i' see the drinking part? I see the Rev. 17:1-5 ones about as drunk without sobering up, as, & on, their mothers fermented satan's stuff, to have Inspiration document that they are 'the Abomination of the Earth'. (fermented wine of false doctrine is mixed with some truth)

--Elijah

Back