Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Potential athiest arguements with the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Verses?? Where/how does it include babies in "all"?
Hey All,
That's the easiest answer of all.
"All" is an absolute term. There can be no other beyond all.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

So there is not one person who has not sinned, or is not born without having a sin nature. (Except for Jesus of course.)

All includes children.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

David makes it more personal talking about a child of his who died

2 Samuel 12:22-23 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

So David expected to see his son in the next life. Since the Bible teaches this through example, I will stand on that example. Until a child comprehends what sin is, they get the free pass.

But children get a free pass until the age of accountability. This is backed up by Romans 1:

Romans 1:18-26 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

They are no longer a child when they act in the manner described by Paul.

Babies are not able to comprehend God's Law. Sin is about knowing right from wrong and purposely choosing wrong.

There is no exact age when a child does become
aware of this.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Sin is rebelling against God. So if you dont have the mental capacity to rebel then how do you rebel?
According to the Bible, Jesus loves little children. How do you reconcile this with "babies 4 fire" belief??
Can you "convert" a baby? YES or NO? if NO, then your belief has a HOLE.
Hi KV-44-v1

Look, all I'm telling you is what the Scriptures say about 'how' we are saved. You operate under the assumption that we are all born saved, but somehow lose it due to the commission of sin later in life. I operate under the truth of what the Scriptures say. None of us are born saved. Sometime while living our lives, if we choose to love God and His Son and Spirit and word, we will be saved.

But however it works out, I'm fine with trusting that it will be just in God's sight. Yes, Jesus loves children and Jesus loves everyone else, but that doesn't mean that anyone is saved because Jesus loves them. At least not according to what the Scriptures say.

God bless,
Ted

We can maybe plant seeds. God gives the increase….
I'd be surprised if you do not know/remember God Gives The Seed(s) Too.

The arguments about babies have been going on for 2000 years (maybe longer)
WITHOUT RESOLUTION....

so it won't happen here or now or soon, unless Jesus Accomplishes This Miracle.

btw, will anyone unclean be allowed in heaven ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back