Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Proof That God Exists

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
I have to admit that even though I have struggled with doubt myself at times, I know that God exists and I can finally be able to do something that all of the scientist haven't been able to. Everybody that's reading this right now stick your thumbs up and then look at the backs of them. What you have right there is your own unique thumb print. There's nothing exactly like it in the whole entire world. Just like your DNA, it's what makes you you. You see I just don't have enough faith to be an aithest. For somebody to tell me that everything that exists today came from nothing and was created by nothing makes even less sense to believe in the Amighty God that created it.

Last edited:
In part becomes the whole of what is true and exists in our belief in God. Archeology gives us the parts of many proofs of things that are found in scripture. Things like the findings of the Dead Sea scrolls, actual cities, churches and even grave sites of the Prophets and Apostles. History gives us many accounts of the events that we read of in scripture.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

We have never seen Jesus, but we believe by faith as for many He has made himself very real in our own personal life. They do not believe as they have never sought.

In part becomes the whole of what is true and exists in our belief in God. Archeology gives us the parts of many proofs of things that are found in scripture. Things like the findings of the Dead Sea scrolls, actual cities, churches and even grave sites of the Prophets and Apostles. History gives us many accounts of the events that we read of in scripture.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

We have never seen Jesus, but we believe by faith as for many He has made himself very real in our own personal life. They do not believe as they have never sought.

I like what you said but no offense or anything but I think that you are missing the point here. Although I believe that religion and science can be compatible, (that God created the universe with a big bang) it's really easier for me to believe in God than it is for me to believe that everything we see today (particularly our thumbprints as that was the topic was entitled) was created by just simply a big belch in the universe.

God did not create the heavens and the earth in one big bang, but over a period of time. Gods thumbprint is on everything He has created from the beginning of time. Creation is God's DNA

God did not create the heavens and the earth in one big bang, but over a period of time. Gods thumbprint is on everything He has created from the beginning of time. Creation is God's DNA

Again, I really like what you said but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the part when He said let their be light. I know it said that everything on the earth was created in several days, but how do you know the world itself wasn't created with a big bang? Just curious.

Last edited:
I have to admit that even though I have struggled with doubt myself at times, I know that God exists and I can finally be able to do something that all of the scientist haven't been able to. Everybody that's reading this right now stick your thumbs up and then look at the backs of them. What you have right there is your own unique thumb print. There's nothing exactly like it in the whole entire world. Just like your DNA, it's what makes you you. You see I just don't have enough faith to be an aithest. For somebody to tell me that everything that exists today came from nothing and was created by nothing makes even less sense to believe in the Amighty God that created it.
:thumbsup

Maybe the big bang is when God said "Let there be light."
Any scientist USED to say that it's not possible for something to come out of nothing. This was way back when they thought the universe ALWAYS existed.

NOW, scientists themselves say the universe did NOT always exist. So now they're in trouble. What brought it about? What is the first cause? So now, we have some nutty people who can't take the truth saying that, yes, something can come from nothing! What scientists will do to disprove God!

But He cannot be disproved or proved. That's why it's faith.
But I'm with you and what you stated in your O.P.
:)

I like what you said but no offense or anything but I think that you are missing the point here. Although I believe that religion and science can be compatible, (that God created the universe with a big bang) it's really easier for me to believe in God than it is for me to believe that everything we see today (particularly our thumbprints as that was the topic was entitled) was created by just simply a big belch in the universe.
Actually you're right because, although I don't know how to scientifically explain why, I can tell you for sure that scientists say that with the power of the big bang, it should have imploded and everything should have ended immediately.

IOW, it's a miracle we're even here.
I'm sure you could look this up with Prof. Google's help for a more scientific explanation of this phenomenon.

As I said before, it takes me less faith to say that I believe in God because I am more certain about that anything. Sure one needs their faith, but it's a lot more important to be certain what you believe is real imho.

Again, I really like what you said but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the part whenumber He said let their be light. I know it said that everything on the earth was created in several days, but how do you know the world itself wasn't created with a big bang? Just curious.

God only had to speak it all to be done. There was no big bang like an explosion and boom it was done. It was all done in the meekness and stillness of Gods voice

God only had to speak it all to be done. There was no big bang like an explosion and boom it was done. It was all done in the meekness and stillness of Gods voice

Ok,..how do you know this? All it really says in the Bible as far as to my knowledge that is that God created the universe. I don't think it says how He did it. And to be really honest with you the only people that were around back in that time were Adam and Eve so how do we really know for sure how it was all done since they didn't actually write anything in the Bible?

The big bang has pretty much been confirmed.
There's no doubt anymore that the universe got started from an explosion.
It's not understood how it didn't immediately implode. But the fact that planets and stars are moving away from each other and more and more space is being created proves that everything started from one point. And the energy shows it was an explosion.

Sorry I can't explain it better than that.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light

There was light as I would believe that would be instantly after He spoke the words. We have no way of understanding creation other than by faith that God created it all for His good pleasure.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light

There was light as I would believe that would be instantly after He spoke the words. We have no way of understanding creation other than by faith that God created it all for His good pleasure.

I never argued that point and it's true, you're right. There's no way of knowing exactly how He made it come into existence, only that He did.

Another unique feature in humans that are one of a kind are ears. No two people have the same ear print.
Can you imagine? One day to make a full scale arrest file they'll be taking ear prints. :lol OK now, lay the right side of your head on the paper. Good, now I'm just going to ink your left ear and you can lay that on the paper next.... :salute

Creation is different than evolution as creation came from nothing and evolution evolves from something.

God said "let there be" and it was done. Nothing was written how he did it other than "let there be". We can't understand it other than by faith and belief as all things in the Bible is by faith that we believe. Has any of us ever seen Jesus, no, but by faith we believe.

Another unique feature in humans that are one of a kind are ears. No two people have the same ear print.
Can you imagine? One day to make a full scale arrest file they'll be taking ear prints. :lol OK now, lay the right side of your head on the paper. Good, now I'm just going to ink your left ear and you can lay that on the paper next.... :salute

The only problem with that is our ears never stop growing so they could not be used to identify one over a period of time. Finger prints are now done under a scanner and go straight into the system as they are always accurate.

The big bang has pretty much been confirmed.
There's no doubt anymore that the universe got started from an explosion.
It's not understood how it didn't immediately implode. But the fact that planets and stars are moving away from each other and more and more space is being created proves that everything started from one point. And the energy shows it was an explosion.

Sorry I can't explain it better than that.
We have spotted dark matter,we can watch a video of a star forming ?

The only problem with that is our ears never stop growing so they could not be used to identify one over a period of time. Finger prints are now done under a scanner and go straight into the system as they are always accurate.
There are print markers in fingerprints that are easy to identify too. In the event someone's full print now bears a big scar. There are thumb scanners in some police forces now.
If an officer wants to run someone's ID they just have that person put their thumb on a scanner and it runs that print through the system.
The technology law enforcement has at their disposal is very capable now of making law enforcement easier.
They have scanners in police cars where I'm from that can run a car's ID just as it runs down the road and in traffic. Pulls up everything about the registered owner.
I drove by a speed trap once where this state trooper was hiding waiting to catch speeders. There was a red light just half a block up the road from him. I was in the right hand lane and I see him in the rear view pulling out to go into the left. He has his lights on, no siren. Cars are pulling to the right thinking he's after them. But everyone he was behind had been stopped in a row at that red light. Sure enough he pulls this little black car that was near the front.
I guess their scanning can run multiple cars and give ID and tag number of offenders even when they're sitting still. Wild stuff.

The only problem with that is our ears never stop growing so they could not be used to identify one over a period of time.

Really? Then why don't we have Dumbo ears by the time that we are in our eighties? I'm sorry but that just doesn't really make sense to me.:confused

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back