Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Purgatory

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

The blood of Christ is eternal. It is where we start the Christian life, and that is where we finish. Without the shedding of the blood of Christ, there is no remission of sins in this world or in the world to come. I have heard people say, Oh, after I die my church will have my soul prayed out of purgotory and into Paradise. Listen to me. There is no purgatory. Purgatory is a fabrication to bilk people out of money. There is an eternal hello, and if you go there, you're not coming back. The prayers of 10,000 preachers and 10,000 priests cannot get you out. The only thing that can keep you out of there is the blood of Jesus Christ.

May God bless, Golfjack

Re: reply

golfjack said:
The blood of Christ is eternal. It is where we start the Christian life, and that is where we finish. Without the shedding of the blood of Christ, there is no remission of sins in this world or in the world to come.

That is the idea of Atonement in Christian doctrine. I agree with you.

golfjack said:
I have heard people say, Oh, after I die my church will have my soul prayed out of purgotory and into Paradise.

That is a faulty understanding of purgatory. A person enters into the presence of Christ ONLY when God deems that person has been purified. While God is certainly willing to listen to the prayers of the faithful, a person doesn't "exit" purgatory BECAUSE of the prayers of the faithful, but rather, because the Blood of Christ has completed the sanctification of that person.

golfjack said:
Listen to me. There is no purgatory. Purgatory is a fabrication to bilk people out of money. There is an eternal hello, and if you go there, you're not coming back. The prayers of 10,000 preachers and 10,000 priests cannot get you out. The only thing that can keep you out of there is the blood of Jesus Christ.

Naturally, I will have to respectfully disagree with your pronouncements. I apologize, but you do not carry the authority in my mind to dismiss the doctrine of Purgatory. It exists, whether you say it does or not.

As to the prayers of preachers and priest, I ask you...

Do you pray for other Christians? What makes you think they have any effect? Why do you bother when the Blood of Christ has already "done everything"?

Regards

Well Fran, I have news for you. I do have authority to use the name of Jesus to bind evil spirits and loose angels for protection. In fact, all born again believers have this authority. Therefore, I bind up the evil spirit of purgatory in the Mighty Name of Jesus.

May God bless, Golfjack

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Well Fran, I have news for you. I do have authority to use the name of Jesus to bind evil spirits and loose angels for protection. In fact, all born again believers have this authority. Therefore, I bind up the evil spirit of purgatory in the Mighty Name of Jesus.

That's nice, but Matthew 16 and Matthew 18 are not speaking about that. We are speaking about the Church's authority given to the Apostles to bind and loosen laws that men of the Church are to follow.

Regards

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back