Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reality of Heaven and Hell

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

About 6 years ago, I listened to a tape about the reality of heaven and hell. The Bible says there is a Heaven to gain and a hell to shun. Here is the true story one man.

This man was laying on his bed of affliction. He had a severe heart and blood problem from birth. The doctors held no hope, as in this time of history, there were no medicines or surgeries to help him. He was about to die with his Mother at his bed side. All of a sudden, his heart stopped and his spirit and soul left his body. He could sense himself going down to hell. As he was getting closer to the fire in hell, he struggled and tried to go up, but something was dragging him done. He Mother was praying the prayer of supplication. Finally, his spirit and soul went back to his body for awhile. Then again, his spirit and soul left his body. He was screaming at the top of his voice, saying Lord, I go to Church. I am water Baptized. He had gotten to the gate entrance of hell. Then all of a sudden, he could feel a hand start pulling him back up. Then, his spirit and soul reentered his body. For about 9 months he still laid in his bed. He eventually said the sinners prayer and the Lord healed him completely.

After hearing this, I cried for about an hour and felt such an anointing that I started shaking. I prayed and told the Lord that I would do my best to snatch souls out of darkness, and try to put them into the light. This is when I decided to become an Evangelist. Went to school, and the rest is history. I still have a desire to win the Lost.

I have come accross many people, and have heard many interpretations about hell. Some do not believe in a literal hell. Some don't care, and some are so indefferent that to me it is sad. I encourage everyone who reads this to have a heart for the lost.

May God bless, golfjack

Hell makes little sense to me. No finite sin deserves eternal torment. Hell is the most evil idea ever invented. If God were real, it would be infinitely more kind for him to remove people fromexistance rather than to send them to eternal torment.

The real delusion was in that poor mans mind while he was in such bad health.
The bible has around 25 verses stating the dead KNOW NOTHING, and take no further part in anything done under the Sun, they have no conciouse thought what so ever until the ressurection.... in fact because of that they do not even relise their dead.

The Doctrine of the Demon teaches that.... YE shall not surely die but be as Gods... (Heaven or Hell)
The Doctrine of the Demon teaches about heaven and hell, to scare people into making an alledged free will choice that makes them more righteouse than others.... LOL there is no Godliness there.
Scripture even tells us nobody can come to Jesus unless drawn by the father who sent him.

The being responsible for human un belief in God is God.
He has locked up all in disobedience so that he can show mercy to all, it is not about a man who wills or a man who runs, but about God who shows mercy.
He is going to make freinds with our enemies, not destroy them, and we are going to learn to Love our Enemies also along the way, or you will not be part of the first ressurrection people.....think carefully before you become one of those who live to threaten others.

Love your enemies and your nieghbour as yourself.....

Also what about the hundreds of other people who are clinically dead and see nothing but black? This could have just been a delusion brought on by his bad health. I believe in heaven and hell but not the idea of a flaming pit in the ground i believe that hell is not being able to see or talk to God ever again.

Good post golfjack.

The story clearly shows that mere Church Attendance or partaking of external christian rituals like Water Baptism will not save us.

True Repentance through Faith in God's mercy alone saves us.

I am reminded of this verse in the Bible after reading the story -

Psalms 86:13 - For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Lord bless you for sharing.

Quath said:
Hell makes little sense to me. No finite sin deserves eternal torment. Hell is the most evil idea ever invented. If God were real, it would be infinitely more kind for him to remove people fromexistance rather than to send them to eternal torment.

Agreed. Hell and eternal suffering is absolutely illogical since it serves no useful purpose, nor does it have any point to make to 'the sufferer'.

I agree with both of you, quath and sputnikboy. God is love. He will never torment anyone forever with eternal hell fire. BTW, I am Bible believing Christian. Eternal hell fire is out of context with the loving God.

lily of God said:
I agree with both of you, quath and sputnikboy. God is love. He will never torment anyone forever with eternal hell fire. BTW, I am Bible believing Christian. Eternal hell fire is out of context with the loving God.

Hi Lily,
I will start with a verse that speaks of hell being forever.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The good news, is that there is another option to eternal hell.

Hi Gabby,

I don't believe a loving God will torment people in hell forever. Even I don't think I can do to anyone such thing just because someone did evil to me or my loved ones... much less a God of love.

I believe something is wrong in interpretation.

I am not here to argue with anyone. I am here to share how I understand the Bible.

peace :biggrin

Hell isn't mentioned in the Bible.

Vinc quotes Psalms 86:13: For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

A better translation is: For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Shoel, in the above verse, means grave, not Hell. The KJV translators used "grave" at least as much as "hell" for the same word. Most translations don't ever translate shoel to hell. Suffering is not associated with shoel, other than the getting there. The dead know nothing.

A paraphrase might be: Your love for me is great; you haven't let me get killed. (see verse 2)

Gabbylittleangel said:
lily of God said:

Hi Lily,

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The good news, is that there is another option to eternal hell.

yes WORSHIP his image so those who WORSHIP evil will be damnated for anyone who truely is sorry can spare themselves.

But also Hell isnt suppoed to be a hole full of fire just a place of torment such as never being able to see or talk to God.

Re: reply

golfjack said:
For those who think there is no literal hell, you guys are very sadly mistaken.

You make that statement with such authority. Yet, YOU are the one who is (very sadly) mistaken through misinterpretation of the relevant scriptures. I would suggest that you return to those scriptures and, with the possible assistance of another, determine what is literal and what is figurative or symbolic. THIS will then put a new slant on this entire issue.

Gabbylittleangel said:
lily of God said:

Hi Lily,

The above is NOT a literal passage, Gabby, and to not recognize the symbolic from the literal is foolhardy. It preaches a false message. The wicked will PERISH. One cannot perish over and over and over again. One cannot be destroyed over and over and over again. Smoke cannot rise continually while burning the same object/s. Once an object is burned (destroyed) the smoke will stop. 'The smoke of their torment' is SYMBOLIC. The New Earth will NOT contain a 'physical hell' where the residents co-exist in a state of eternal bliss with friends and relatives who are being eternally tormented. Can you not see this?

For those of you who wrongly claim Islam is the moon-god religion because the Arabic word for God derived from the name of a moon god, you should know that the Word Hell comes from Hel, the name of the Norse goddess of the underworld.

Lets start with Matthew 5:27

If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Jesus refers here to the bodybeing cast into hell,and the psalmist speaks of bonesbeing scattered at the mouth of hell [sheol](Ps. 141:7). Jacob talked about his gray hairsbeing brought down to hell (Gen. 42:38; cf. 44:29, 31). However, Jesus referred to hell as a place where the soul goes after one dies and is in conscious torment (Luke 16:2223). Is hell just the grave, as the Jehovahs Witnesses and some other cults claim ?

The Hebrew word translated hell(sheol) is also translated graveor pit.It simply means unseen world,and can refer either to the grave, where the body is unseen after burial, or to the spirit world, which is invisible to mortal eyes.

Further, in the Old Testament, sheol often means grave, as indicated by the fact that it is a place where bones(Ps. 141:7), gray hairs(Gen. 42:38), and even weapons (Ps. 76:35) go at death. Even the resurrection of Jesusbody is said to be from hell(i.e., the grave), where it did not see corruption (Acts 2:3031).

There may be allusions to hellas a spirit world in the Old Testament (cf. Prov. 9:18; Isa. 14:9); hell(Greek: hades) is clearly described as a place of departed spirits (souls) in the New Testament. Fallen angels are there and they have no bodies (2 Peter 2:4). Unrepentant human beings are in conscious torment there after they die and their bodies are buried (Luke 16:2223). In the end those in hell will be cast into the lake of fire with the devil where they will be tormented day and night forever(Rev. 20:10, 1415). Jesus spoke many times of hell as a place of conscious and eternal suffering (cf. Matt. 10:28; 18:9; Mark 9:43, 45, 47; Luke 12:5; 16:23).

To read more click on the link.
http://www.pro4machineworks.com/The_doc ... _hell.html

jgredline said:
If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into the town garbage dump (Geenna).

Jesus doesn't speak of a literal Hell, but figeratively of a literal dump.

the psalmist speaks of bonesbeing scattered at the mouth of hell [sheol](Ps. 141:7).

Ps. 141:6 their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs,
and the wicked will learn that my words were well spoken.

7 They will say, "As one plows and breaks up the earth,
so our bones have been scattered at the mouth of the grave.

That's not Hell. Just a grave.

Jacob talked about his gray hairsbeing brought down to hell (Gen. 42:38; cf. 44:29, 31).

Grave, grave, grave.

However, Jesus referred to hell as a place where the soul goes after one dies and is in conscious torment (Luke 16:2223).

Parable.

Is hell just the grave, as the Jehovahs Witnesses and some other cults claim ?

Cults don't have everything wrong.

As long as a person stands on the premise that the good go to heaven and the bad go to hell, the dealings of a righteous God with man, will be a mystery.

On the one had we have those who cannot accept that a righteous and just God would condemn people to an eternal punishment in hell for ‘sins’ they didn’t commit. And on the other we have the ‘righteous’ who believe they have to save the lost from the judgement that will send them there.

So I would like to ask people from the latter camp, what they see as the (spiritual) difference between those who (in their eyes) are going to hell and those who are going to heaven.

lily of God said:
Hi Gabby,

I don't believe a loving God will torment people in hell forever. Even I don't think I can do to anyone such thing just because someone did evil to me or my loved ones... much less a God of love.

I believe something is wrong in interpretation.

I am not here to argue with anyone. I am here to share how I understand the Bible.

peace :biggrin

Amen to that! :biggrin

I would like to suggest the chapter 57 of Swedenborg's book titled "Heaven and its wonders and Hells from things seen and heard" which clearly informs that the Lord does not cast anyone into hell -

The Lord Casts No One Into Hell; the Spirit Casts Himself Down - http://swedenborg.newearth.org/hh/hh57.html

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back