Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reality of Heaven and Hell

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Quath said:
jgredline said:
On the contrary my friend. If where a believer, you would understand it clear as day because the Holy Spirit will give you understanding.
Do the Christians that disagree with you not have the holy spirit?

Quath
All Christians will have the holy spirit. There are also alot of people who think they are Christians, but are not.

jgredline said:
Quath
All Christians will have the holy spirit. There are also alot of people who think they are Christians, but are not.

That's right. Only God knows who are the true Christions.

peace :biggrin

jgredline said:

That seems to be a problem. One person who feels they have the Holy Ghost says that God would not make a literal hell. Another who says they have the Holy Ghost says that God would. So one person is mistaken and really doesn't feel the Holy Ghost. How do you know who that is?

lily of God said:
So do you think that some people believed they are saved and have the Holy Ghost, but are wrong?

Quath said:
jgredline said:

That seems to be a problem. One person who feels they have the Holy Ghost says that God would not make a literal hell. Another who says they have the Holy Ghost says that God would. So one person is mistaken and really doesn't feel the Holy Ghost. How do you know who that is?

lily of God said:
So do you think that some people believed they are saved and have the Holy Ghost, but are wrong?

First
The bible has given us many clues as to who the Christians really are.
First you will know they are Christians by what kind of fruit they produce. Gal 5:22-26
Secondly a Christian wll recieve Gods word (the Holy Scriptures) 2 tim 3:16
as if literally coming from the mouth of GOD and the bible is clear of a phyisical hell.

A person who rejects hell as being a real place would have to by logic reject heaven as being a real place. No heaven, no hell.
No heaven, NO GOD, NO HELL, NO DEVIL. This false theology makes no sense at all...

Any born again Christian will tell you that hell is a literal place.
There will be many who will say
matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

So I would challenge anyone who thinks they are a Christian yet does not believe in a literal hell.
By The way. Did you know that Jesus spoke of Hell far more than he did of heaven? Why do you suppose that is? Could it be that Jesus is far more concerned about hell than we are? This trully goes back to the heart of the Gospel. John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Jg

Quath said:

There are hundreds of denominations. Only God knows who are saved. Read the Bible and make sure yourself who is following Jesus. Sometimes you have to go to the original source.

Jesus says, "narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matt7:14 It is not easy to find the truth, especially when there are so many interpretations.

Quath, you cannot find the truth in the forums. All you hear is arguing. If you are serious, you should read the Bible with open heart; this is the only way.

I hope you are not here to make us fight.

lily of God said:
There are hundreds of denominations. Only God knows who are saved. Read the Bible and make sure yourself who is following Jesus. Sometimes you have to go to the original source.
I agree with you. If there was only one voice from the Holy Ghost, then there would not be hundreds or thousands of Christian denominations. There should be one large pretty consistent denomination.

Quath, you cannot find the truth in the forums. All you hear is arguing. If you are serious, you should read the Bible with open heart; this is the only way.
I have tried that. The difference is that when you read the Bible, it confirms your faith. When I read it, it just confirms that a lot of stuff is made up.

I hope you are not here to make us fight.
That is not my goal. But I do tend to question a lot and try to see where and how people disagree. For example, it sounds like jgredline is saying that if you don't believe in a literal hell, then you are not a true Christian. I am not trying to cause a fight, but I do question it and bring it to the open.

Ultimately, I want for everyone to get along.

Quath,

I know what jgredline says and eveyone is entitled to their opinions. I am not here to aregue with anyone. I am here to express my interpretation and understanding of the Bible.

I am in love with God and Jesus because of their perfect love. War and eternal hell is not in their nature and it is inconsistant and illogical.

Quath said:
That is not my goal. But I do tend to question a lot and try to see where and how people disagree. For example, it sounds like jgredline is saying that if you don't believe in a literal hell, then you are not a true Christian. I am not trying to cause a fight, but I do question it and bring it to the open.

Quath
That is exactly what I am saying. You can't be a follower of Jesus Christ and not believe in a literal Hell. You can't pick and choose what parts of the bible you believe to fit your theology. pAUL preached the ''WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD'' not parts of it. We are to accept the whole counsel of God.

Lily Of God said.
War and eternal hell is not in their nature and it is inconsistant and illogical.

This is so far from the truth.
Jesus Himself KILLED 185,000 people in one night, Who do you think is going to come back on a White horse to destroy evil and wicked people who have rejected him.

When people say they are saved. Whom are they saved from?
Are they saved from the devil? Are they saved from Hell? Are they saved from falling of a cliff?
the answer may shock you, so sit down.

The apostle Paul in Romans says in Rom5:9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!

Yes your reading it right. We are saved from the wrath of God....
Why would we need to be saved from the wrath of God. Because he is Holy and it would go against his nature not to destroy us because non of us are good, no not one.
I was going to put down all the verses for you, but I thought it be best for you to read, study, and ponder Romans 3 through 6..
I would suggest praying and ask thr Holy Spirit to interpret the passages for you.
Blessings, Javier

jgredline,

I understand your position. Like I said I am not here to argue.

May God bless you.

lily of God said:
Quath,

I am in love with God and Jesus because of their perfect love. War and eternal hell is not in their nature and it is inconsistant and illogical.

I agree with LilyofGod on this.

Quath,

One more(maybe) thing, Jesus says that He did not come to bring peace, but the sword in Matt 10:34: He did not mean to literaly bringing wars and fights, He means that there is going to be many kinds of animosities because of His teachings.

There are hundreds and thousands of interpretations and understandings of God, Jesus and the Bible.

Look at you and me; we are both reading the Bible and you concluded the Bible is inconsistant and I believe it is consistant. You see what I mean? :wink:

lily of God said:
Look at you and me; we are both reading the Bible and you concluded the Bible is inconsistant and I believe it is consistant. You see what I mean? :wink:
I can see both sides of this. I agree with you that a loving God/Jesus and eternal hell and war appearr to be incompatible.

However, I also understand jgredline where you can't just make up God's characteristics because that is what you desire for God to be.

My guess is that a lot of your belief comes from the Bible. If you think the whole Bible is true and if you believe in the Trinity, then jgredline is correct that Jesus/God killed 185,000 Assryians (2 Kings19:35) because their king made fun of God.

Where do you disagree? Do you disbelieve in the trinity? Do you believe in the trinity, but think that God and Jesus disagree with each other? Do you think that God/Jesus did kill the Assryians but it was justified?

I am just curious as how you and jgredline believe in the same book and yet see the character of Jesus differently.

Quath,

We are not allowed to talk about controvercial stuff. It is against forum's rules. I hope you understand.

Peace.

Quath said:
lily of God said:
I can see both sides of this. I agree with you that a loving God/Jesus and eternal hell and war appearr to be incompatible.

However, I also understand jgredline where you can't just make up God's characteristics because that is what you desire for God to be.

My guess is that a lot of your belief comes from the Bible. If you think the whole Bible is true and if you believe in the Trinity, then jgredline is correct that Jesus/God killed 185,000 Assryians (2 Kings19:35) because their king made fun of God.

Where do you disagree? Do you disbelieve in the trinity? Do you believe in the trinity, but think that God and Jesus disagree with each other? Do you think that God/Jesus did kill the Assryians but it was justified?

I am just curious as how you and jgredline believe in the same book and yet see the character of Jesus differently.

Quath
I will not sidestep the question as lily of God did.
I do believe in the trinity, Jesus did indeed KILL those 185,000 people, Jesus is coming back on the White horse and all HELL is going to break loose.
Why do you suppose Jesus told his deciples to sell their coat and buy a sword? To cut apples? no, to defend themselves because Jesus new he was not going to be with them any longer. Look up the Passage. Its in luke.

Blessings Quath
Trully I have enjoyed my conversation with you.
Javier

Quath,

I would like to add that word "love" is used 776 times in the Bible according to my calculation. So you can figure that God and Jesus are all about love.

Quath,

The Bible can be interpreted and used every way you want. If we are not truly seeking to be faithful to God, it is a total waste reading the Bible.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind." This is very heavy command from God."

Yes your reading it right. We are saved from the wrath of God....
Add to that this promise:
1 Thess 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

lily of God said:
Quath,

I would like to add that word "love" is used 776 times in the Bible according to my calculation. So you can figure that God and Jesus are all about love.

That is way off. The KJB has it at 310. Add a few more "loves" if you want where the words "charity" is used in 1 Corinthians 13. ... and to balance things out a little, the word "wrath" appears in the KJB 198 times.

lily of God said:
Quath,

We are not allowed to talk about controvercial stuff. It is against forum's rules. I hope you understand.

Peace.
Hmm, what controversial "stuff" might that be? UR maybe? No one said it can't be mentioned; it just can't be actively promoted.

lily of God said:
Quath,

Peace.

Lily of God
Looks like Vic gave you the green light :biggrin
Bring it :wink:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back