Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Saving the planet with electric cars

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Any new technology will have issues. Gasoline automobiles had similar problems. Over time, there will be more and more electric cars on the road. Things change.

We can like it or dislike it. But it's a fact of life.

Any new technology will have issues. Gasoline automobiles had similar problems. Over time, there will be more and more electric cars on the road. Things change.

We can like it or dislike it. But it's a fact of life.
Ford and Chrysler just announced they are dropping their small and mid sized car lines with few exceptions. They are putting that effort into electric cars.
GM is investing heavily in electric cars.

I think most of this push is coming from Europe, and US auto makers need to stay current with the global market.

Yet they claim that somehow old 1890s era tech can handle that load.if you look.at xmfr,drops etc it's all basically the same.power will simply have to burn ,produce more.

I remaim skeptical because of the electronics junk from mopar. Yes you too can be stuck on the road with no power etc and intermittent problems due that stupid design.

They build them to fail

Yet they claim that somehow old 1890s era tech can handle that load.if you look.at xmfr,drops etc it's all basically the same.power will simply have to burn ,produce more.

I remaim skeptical because of the electronics junk from mopar. Yes you too can be stuck on the road with no power etc and intermittent problems due that stupid design.

They build them to fail
Electric cars is the direction Ford is seriously starting to pay attention to.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ic-car-11-billion-2022-detroit-auto-show-2018

Electric cars is the direction Ford is seriously starting to pay attention to.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ic-car-11-billion-2022-detroit-auto-show-2018
Ford,dodge, Chrysler, doesn't matter

We have renters here who pay 1200 a month for rent and can't own a car because of the high electric bills as well.I have friends who I read their utilities,500 dollar electric bills for one.usually those are either old homes or large ones.the 50s and older have that problem.if you dont fix that who can afford a car for 60 grand?

I would simply cut back rather then buy that .ride my bike,use my yota to get what I need abd still save.just because next era is building solar, wind farms hasn't made power bills lower
They switched me to a smart meter,no money saved by me,they fired the meter readers,got a grant to install them and saved in the long run.

A buddy of mine just scored a 2018 Volt for 20 grand, regularly 34 grand.

The car companies are going where the demand is. They are out to make money. I dont think they are concerned with selling a new car to those in poverty.

A buddy of mine just scored a 2018 Volt for 20 grand, regularly 34 grand.

The car companies are going where the demand is. They are out to make money. I dont think they are concerned with selling a new car to those in poverty.
Then they better forget my county.
Only the upper class could afford that.as the younger like jaci can't afford to reNT on 15 bucks pet hour! You can't make it here.I can do it better because I own ,but if you dont.a volt is useless yes I couldn't even own 10 acres here out in the stix,aND drive that to work.it's useless!40 miles? Shoot,20 mile band it's where I could work 23 miles from my house abd a mixed power plant.

A volt couldn't get me there without being charged there or here.never mind if go to chobee. 45 miles one way

Which is one reason it's likely to grow gradually, with the capacity growing with demand over time.
not so fast. your types fight any , even greener tech for new power sources. I have seen that here. you cant wait till its built then power it. who would use an edifice that has no power to it?

I have seen them fight a solar/cng hybrid.

Barbarian, regarding use of electric vehicles:
Which is one reason it's likely to grow gradually, with the capacity growing with demand over time.

not so fast.

That's what I just told you. Gradually, over time. Technology might eventually speed things up a little, but like most technologies of this kind, they usually take some time to be implemented.

your types

Scientists? Christians? Dads? Photographers? I've got lots of types. Which one do you mean? :lol

fight any , even greener tech for new power sources.

This isn't about sources, it's about using energy. Sources would be the way it's generated to begin with.

I have seen that here. you cant wait till its built then power it.

That sentence doesn't seem to make any sense. Can you explain what you meant?

who would use an edifice that has no power to it?

You're not being very clear.

I have seen them fight a solar/cng hybrid.

Who are these "them" you speak of?

Barbarian, regarding use of electric vehicles:

That's what I just told you. Gradually, over time. Technology might eventually speed things up a little, but like most technologies of this kind, they usually take some time to be implemented.

Scientists? Christians? Dads? Photographers? I've got lots of types. Which one do you mean? :lol

This isn't about sources, it's about using energy. Sources would be the way it's generated to begin with.

That sentence doesn't seem to make any sense. Can you explain what you meant?

You're not being very clear.

Who are these "them" you speak of?
fpl , next era the fourth largest isn't gradually building they are building solar farms in the tri county areas. enviromentalists protested another plant to the south that has been online for 10 years. a cng/solar plant takes a few years to build. my county will have one nearby. its the one I alluded to with the 20 mile bend reference. its in chobee but acessable from my county. I have posted photos of the cooling units for it. near it is already several solar farms. the population of the tri county is growing but nothing like that. they are building power for the future growth of florida years down the road.

my county didn't increase its size all that much in a year. yet we have this going from martin to Brevard county, its been said that my state has too many power plants and doesn't need new ones. so why are they building this? either because of the grants, or they are seeing the long term need. I wonder

Solar is, assuming you have the climate for it, an insurance policy against fuel price fluctuations.

Maybe that's it.

Just wait until the users must replace that five thousand dollar battery assembly. And they only travel up to three hundred and fifty miles on a full charge! LOL! A car for rich idiots.

Iowa will shortly have 40% of their electrical power from wind, and they have one of the lowest electrical power rates in the country.
The lowest is actually louisana. Iowa isn't close to them. The problem is that add the load of charging ,heat pumps cause fire,gas and oil for heat is bad will overload wind .as wind is based on what the weather does.with cng,oil,aND coal,nuke they can increase as needed or buy from plants that arent at capacity.

Most cities ,grids power broker .meaning if big city,grid won't share you are screwed. Higher rates during peak hours,usage
I
http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/204.htm

The lowest is actually louisana. Iowa isn't close to them.

Iowa has no oil or natural gas, and yet it's 10th from the top. It got there merely by exploiting a readily available energy source. Wind is pretty much a constant in western Iowa. And it's paying off.

The problem is that add the load of charging ,heat pumps cause fire,gas and oil for heat is bad will overload wind .as wind is based on what the weather does.with cng,oil,aND coal,nuke they can increase as needed or buy from plants that arent at capacity.

The future isn't depending on one source. It's on using the most efficient mix. Wind works better than solar because it works even at night. But solar is also growing, because it fits in the mix, too. And yes decentralizing the generation of power is a great idea.

Green power fits into that, too. Oil and natural gas aren't going away any time soon. They are just going to be a somewhat smaller part of the mix.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back