Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Section 1 - Behavior

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If we have to explain everything, we'll be back to 8 pages of rules.
I think the type of people that would fit in won't be posting unacceptable language or images. I believe all the messages on the opening home page and the beginning of the TOS makes it pretty clear what would not be acceptable.

Some won't understand anyway...no matter HOW MUCH is posted under rules; so some stuff has to be taken care of as we go.

JohnDB is right...not everything could be listed.
a simple definition of baiting would create more work?
?

I have never witnessed any such behavior on this site.

Have you?

JLB
?

Have you?

JLB
1.4 Foul language, explicit material and violent material is prohibited
unless it relates to a news article.

im sorry

Universal reconciliation is gnosticism.
(It doesn't matter what I do I'm going to heaven so long as I claim to be a Christian)

Jesus had some very pointed words about this...I tend to agree wholeheartedly.

im sorry
The goal is to keep the TOS as short as possible.
I don't speak because something creates more work...I'm not afraid of work!

YOU are interested in baiting. Others will be interested in something else...before you know it, we're explaining many words and this is all stuff an adult that is welcomed here SHOULD already know....

Universal reconciliation is gnosticism.
(It doesn't matter what I do I'm going to heaven so long as I claim to be a Christian)

Jesus had some very pointed words about this...I tend to agree wholeheartedly.
This will be up to the Adm and Mods, so I'll remove myself from this discussion...

im sorry

Below, I copied post # 17, where I quoted from your post.

ezra said:
certainly no images showing external anatomy body parts... things that creates ideas of the mind.. sexual wise ..no foul language.. etc
?

Have you?

As you can see from where I quoted you,

I’m asking if you had witnessed any such type behavior here on this Forum.

I haven’t.

Have you?

JLB

The goal is to keep the TOS as short as possible.
I don't speak because something creates more work...I'm not afraid of work!

YOU are interested in baiting. Others will be interested in something else...before you know it, we're explaining many words and this is all stuff an adult that is welcomed here SHOULD already know....

Which brings up another important issue.

Defining biblical terms and words.

The SOF should have a glossary of biblical words and terms in which these key words and terms are defined by the Forum Staff.

JLB

I haven’t.

Have you?

JLB
I haven't either, BTW.

Reactions: JLB
This will be up to the Adm and Mods, so I'll remove myself from this discussion...
Well this is going to be a conservative Christian site.

There are many people who claim to be Christians who simply aren't. (Westboro Baptist coming to mind). Where they claim one thing they do things and promote things that are contrary to the Faith.
Westboro Baptist is actually a hate group masquerading as a church...just like the KKK did for decades.
We aren't going to tolerate this sort of thing. And the TOS is a perfect place to state this.
This isn't so much a theological discussion as much as a "who is allowed to participate" type discussion. Where we love to state things in a positive manner... some just can't be. This is one of them because sometimes people are too dense. (As you said earlier)

The SOF should have a glossary of biblical words and terms in which these key words and terms are defined by the Forum Staff.

JLB
How many times have I said that I wish we all spoke the same language!

Great point.

Please remember to bring it up when I'm typing up the SOF.
It could be listed at the bottom, maybe? Maybe a different section?
Will discuss at that time...

Reactions: JLB
Well this is going to be a conservative Christian site.

There are many people who claim to be Christians who simply aren't. (Westboro Baptist coming to mind). Where they claim one thing they do things and promote things that are contrary to the Faith.
Westboro Baptist is actually a hate group masquerading as a church...just like the KKK did for decades.
We aren't going to tolerate this sort of thing. And the TOS is a perfect place to state this.
This isn't so much a theological discussion as much as a "who is allowed to participate" type discussion. Where we love to state things in a positive manner... some just can't be. This is one of them because sometimes people are too dense. (As you said earlier)
John, I don't think I should be saying this...BUT
If this is going to be a conservative Christian site where other beliefs are not accepted, such as universalism, then maybe it should state that right up at the beginning?

Either at the "home page" or the very beginning of the TOS where the bullets are??

MAYBE THIS IS the place to discuss this...but not with me, with the other adm and mods.

How many times have I said that I wish we all spoke the same language!

Great point.

Please remember to bring it up when I'm typing up the SOF.
It could be listed at the bottom, maybe? Maybe a different section?
Will discuss at that time...

Yes. That is what I was thinking.

At the bottom.

JLB

JohnDB

JLB
If you want to start drafting something up, that would be helpful.

I haven’t.

Have you?

JLB
see that is where you missed the point--------i never said there had been i was in reference to the rule

hope this clarify s the question . a short definition of some things would be helpful . however i just throw ed my 2 cents in.. baiting some may not fully understand . so a simple definition could help

The peppermint patties are almost done.
(Tempered chocolate is such a pain to work with)
I got 3 dozen done. I need two dozen more.

Then the two orange candies (Gran Marnier is one) and the caramels to go...at least 5 dozen of each is my goal today.

Top that with the three liquid liquor centered candies (all chocolate covered) and that should be enough candy.

Then on to the cookies this next week...

Shortbreads and various other kinds...all scratch.

I'm wondering who is going to ask where I buy these...

The peppermint patties are almost done.
(Tempered chocolate is such a pain to work with)
I got 3 dozen done. I need two dozen more.

Then the two orange candies (Gran Marnier is one) and the caramels to go...at least 5 dozen of each is my goal today.

Top that with the three liquid liquor centered candies (all chocolate covered) and that should be enough candy.

Then on to the cookies this next week...

Shortbreads and various other kinds...all scratch.

I'm wondering who is going to ask where I buy these...
Yes. Tempered chocolate is soooo difficult to work with!
:lol

Do those orange marniers have choc over them?
Yummy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back