Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Section 1 - Behavior

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
One of these days I'm going to get a more liquid chocolate...I'm using dark chocolate and it tends to be a bit more finiky and difficult to work with... also tends to cover a bit thicker than lighter chocolates. Callebaut 811 is the one I'm using and a spoonful of mycryo powder once I hit the temp.
Of course it tries to set up immediately after that and as I'm trying to get the candy out.
I'm needing a candy wire and all I got is forks.

hope this clarify s the question .

Clarifies the question?

I asked the question.

I’m not unclear about it.

Your answer had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my question.

This is a problem with you, in the thread discussions.

You will give an answer to a question I never asked, then when I ask again, you freak out and say your done discussing.

Then a couple of posts later your back in for more games.

That’s a form of trolling and baiting and logical fallacy, and doesn’t make for good healthy discussion.

Not cool.

JLB

One of these days I'm going to get a more liquid chocolate...I'm using dark chocolate and it tends to be a bit more finiky and difficult to work with... also tends to cover a bit thicker than lighter chocolates. Callebaut 811 is the one I'm using and a spoonful of mycryo powder once I hit the temp.
Of course it tries to set up immediately after that and as I'm trying to get the candy out.
I'm needing a candy wire and all I got is forks.
If I remember, you said this last Christmas...about trying a different chocolate.

You sound like a real pro...

1543697545839.png

Clarifies the question?

I asked the question.

I’m not unclear about it.

Your answer had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my question.

This is a problem with you, in the thread discussions.

You will give an answer to a question I never asked, then when I ask again, you freak out and say your done discussing.

Then a couple of posts later your back in for more games.

That’s a form of trolling and baiting and logical fallacy, and doesn’t make for good healthy discussion.

Not cool.

JLB
I don't think ezra means it...

The goal is to keep the TOS as short as possible.
I don't speak because something creates more work...I'm not afraid of work!

YOU are interested in baiting. Others will be interested in something else...before you know it, we're explaining many words and this is all stuff an adult that is welcomed here SHOULD already know....

I'm in agreement with this.

I'd also like to say this. Section 1 should be behavior while section 2 will cover content. If we wanted to add something in about not posting naked ladies (or men), then section 2 would be the place to do it.... or not do it along with any other content we don't want discussed.

Section 2 will be more difficult because I'm not really into shutting down conversations. I just want them to be done in a self moderating way where issues and subject are talked about. Personally, I think many of those types of conversations need to occur. One bonus will be our Statement of Faith. That will outline our core and those that want to discuss those things outside of our core, they will need to respect our board as guests.

Lastly, I will update the Staff Expectations. I'm done playing with folks who don't know how to be respectful. The ones who scream "Heritic" etc.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

A logical fallacy is a flaw in reasoning. Logical fallacies are like tricks or illusions of thought, and they're often very sneakily used by politicians ...

JLB
I looked at the link before.
I think we all do these different fallacies!
I must be doing one right now...
I don't quite understand how they could be incorporated into section 2,,,but remember it and we'll discuss at that time with.

ooops...with StoveBolts

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
I'm in agreement with this.

I'd also like to say this. Section 1 should be behavior while section 2 will cover content. If we wanted to add something in about not posting naked ladies (or men), then section 2 would be the place to do it.... or not do it along with any other content we don't want discussed.

Section 2 will be more difficult because I'm not really into shutting down conversations. I just want them to be done in a self moderating way where issues and subject are talked about. Personally, I think many of those types of conversations need to occur. One bonus will be our Statement of Faith. That will outline our core and those that want to discuss those things outside of our core, they will need to respect our board as guests.

Lastly, I will update the Staff Expectations. I'm done playing with folks who don't know how to be respectful. The ones who scream "Heritic" etc.
I'm working on the fixed version of Draft Three (Draft Three.1)

Will be up in about 30 minutes...

Updated Draft Three.1

Dec 1, 2018[Draft Three.1WordNov 30, 2018]
Please pay no attention to form...On the Word document it's correct. I'll be requiring technical help with this....

TERMS OF SERVICE
(TOS)

Christianforums.net aspires to provide a place where Christians can fellowship for encouragement, inspiration, and strength to help build each other up and grow in our walk of faith through honest and open discussion, study, reflection, and prayer. Our aim is to speak freely about theology and biblical concepts and the understanding of scripture but in an atmosphere of mutual respect and love for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Our forum is open to all those who would desire to have discussions that would follow our aspirations.

John 13:35

“By this shall all men know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Luke 6:31

“And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way.”

Very few rules are required for those that understand our goal and the aim of this forum. Here are some:

Members must be at least 13 years of age.

English is the acceptable language since most persons in other countries speak English.

As a member of ChristianForums.net, you agree to abide by the Terms of Service, and you stipulate that you understand the disciplinary process in response to violations of the ToS

To contact a member of the staff:

Click on their name

Start a Conversation

BEHAVIOR

• Give other members the respect you would have them give to you.

Mathew 7:12

1.1 Address issues/ideas, not the person.

1.2 Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state your

opinion about a member’s denomination, leaders, founders, or the

veracity of a member’s faith.
Exodus 20:16

1. 3 Always tag a member that you mention in any thread. (@ plus name)

1.4 No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to upset members.

Last edited:
Updated Draft Three.1

Dec 1, 2018[Draft Three.1WordNov 30, 2018]
Please pay no attention to form...On the Word document it's correct. I'll be requiring technical help with this....

TERMS OF SERVICE
(TOS)

Christianforums.net aspires to provide a place where Christians can fellowship for encouragement, inspiration, and strength to help build each other up and grow in our walk of faith through honest and open discussion, study, reflection, and prayer. Our aim is to speak freely about theology and biblical concepts and the understanding of scripture but in an atmosphere of mutual respect and love for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Our forum is open to all those who would desire to have discussions that would follow our aspirations.

John 13:35

“By this shall all men know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Luke 6:31

“And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way.”

Very few rules are required for those that understand our goal and the aim of this forum. Here are some:

Members must be at least 13 years of age.

English is the acceptable language since most persons in other countries speak English.

As a member of ChristianForums.net, you agree to abide by the Terms of Service, and you stipulate that you understand the disciplinary process in response to violations of the ToS

To contact a member of the staff:

Click on their name

Click on their name again

Start a Conversation

BEHAVIOR

• Give other members the respect you would have them give to you.

Mathew 7:12

1.1 Address issues/ideas, not the person.

1.2 Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state your

opinion about a member’s denomination, leaders, founders, or the

veracity of a member’s faith.
Exodus 20:16

1. 3 Always tag a member that you mention in any thread. (@ plus name)

1.4 No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to upset members.
I wonder about the instructions for contacting a staff member. If these are followed, it will post their comment or question on the staff member's home page. Are home page discussions view-able by anyone?

If you click on the staff member's name you can choose the "Start a Conversation" option and then you'll be in a private discussion.

I wonder about the instructions for contacting a staff member. If these are followed, it will post their comment or question on the staff member's home page. Are home page discussions view-able by anyone?

If you click on the staff member's name you can choose the "Start a Conversation" option and then you'll be in a private discussion.
What I wrote would create a private conversation.
I believe this is what Adm wants.

You could try it and confirm.....
Let us know.

What I wrote would create a private conversation.
I believe this is what Adm wants.

You could try it and confirm.....
Let us know.
I'm going to follow the instructions as written. First, I will click on your username in your post above, #56. Then I will click on your username that shows up and post a comment.

wondering , I did as I said above and I left a message where it took me. You'll find my message on your profile page. I don't believe postings on profile pages are private. Maybe non-staff members see something different??

When I click on your username in post #56, a little window pops up as shown in the figure below. If I click on your username again, it'll take me to your profile page.

If I want a private conversation with you, I can click on the "Start conversation" button at the bottom of this little popup window.
1543706406570.png

wondering , I did as I said above and I left a message where it took me. You'll find my message on your profile page. I don't believe postings on profile pages are private. Maybe non-staff members see something different??

When I click on your username in post #56, a little window pops up as shown in the figure below. If I click on your username again, it'll take me to your profile page.

If I want a private conversation with you, I can click on the "Start conversation" button at the bottom of this little popup window.
View attachment 6640
Yes WIP.
It should be private.
The instructions can be changed...no problem.
Tomorrow,,,it's late here.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back