Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study shepherds in the birth of Christ birth

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
hello ezra, dirtfarmer here

Just curious, how did "the unwrapping" go tonight?
went pretty good i was worried about shepherds being of the priest family. would cause eye brows to raise.one lady spoke said she knew that part. the swaddling clothes was a surprise. so last night we took a tour of the behind the scenes tour of the birth of Christ.. the pastor had studied in a different direction .it all tied in together . wish i had good online true Bible history page. along with times and custom . it went rather well. we have a open discussion on wed nights...Herod tried to kill Christmas the world is gradually trying to commercialize Christmas. end results bury the true story of Christmas. we have got to teach the truth, nothing wrong with Santa Claus Rudolf frosty etc. like the Grinch who found out you can not kill Christmas . it is of the heart :amen

went pretty good i was worried about shepherds being of the priest family. would cause eye brows to raise.one lady spoke said she knew that part. the swaddling clothes was a surprise. so last night we took a tour of the behind the scenes tour of the birth of Christ.. the pastor had studied in a different direction .it all tied in together . wish i had good online true Bible history page. along with times and custom . it went rather well. we have a open discussion on wed nights...Herod tried to kill Christmas the world is gradually trying to commercialize Christmas. end results bury the true story of Christmas. we have got to teach the truth, nothing wrong with Santa Claus Rudolf frosty etc. like the Grinch who found out you can not kill Christmas . it is of the heart :amen

Alfred Edersheim's "life and time of Jesus the Messiah" is a good book for reference. You may already have known about him and read some of his works. You can find it on the internet.

Alfred Edersheim's "life and time of Jesus the Messiah" is a good book for reference. You may already have known about him and read some of his works. You can find it on the internet.
not real good on authors . in this study discussion we had last night we come to the conclusion the shepherds was a witness and testimony of the Birth of Christ to the jews .the wise men to the gentiles and those who failed to believe. this is a play by play action of the birth of Christ . a very interesting study Sheppard sacrificial lambs swaddling cloths all very symbolic

not real good on authors . in this study discussion we had last night we come to the conclusion the shepherds was a witness and testimony of the Birth of Christ to the jews .the wise men to the gentiles and those who failed to believe. this is a play by play action of the birth of Christ . a very interesting study Sheppard sacrificial lambs swaddling cloths all very symbolic

I, also am not one that reads a lot of books for references, but I have occasionally referred to some of the older authors, late 1800's to early 1900's. I find that they are not likely to veer much from the truth of scripture. I read Ray Stedman, A W Tozer, and Andrew Murray just to name a few.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back