Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some women want to dominate men.
Is that Christian behavior?
Many men want to dominate women. Is that Christian behavior?

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus."

Is there something about that which is confusing to you?

So-called Christians will do what is necessary to twist the doctrines of the Bible to justify their sinful choices of what their pride leads them to believe.

Homosexuals, transgenders, woman pastors, people who smoke marijuana, drunks and so forth.

I believe some people follow Paul instead of Jesus. I don't know if this is the explanation.

People perform eisegesis to prove a personal doctrine. They lack understanding by the Holy Spirit and are trying to put Christians under their personal interpretation of God's law. I am thankful that you and I and some others believe in the fruit of the Spirit and have escaped legalism.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

Yes, it partially excludes women.
Women can't lead men.
Women can prophesy, and teach younger women.

So which is it?

Women can indeed be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors or teachers or they are not?

JLB

Homosexuals, transgenders, woman pastors, people who smoke marijuana, drunks and so forth.

People who are homosexuals, transgenders, drunkards, and so forth will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Woman who are pastors, teachers, evangelists, apostles or prophets, are certainly not included in the above.

JLB

Some women want to dominate men.
Is that Christian behavior?

If it’s a wife trying dominate her husband then that’s nothing more than witchcraft; a work of the flesh.

However a women college teacher exercising her god given authority over a student who is male, then that is not “dominating”.

JLB

That women can not teach an adult Bible study class.
know then that was not read right nor did i make it plain .. had you been reading all my post you would see i have said many times women CAN teach adult s.s class as per women preaching being a pastor we only have what paul wrote to timothy it reads if a A Man desires no place does it say women. i am not on a anti woman campaign. i do know some women preachers. i will leave it up to God to handle that. their work will either burn up or stand the fire test.

People who are homosexuals, transgenders, drunkards, and so forth will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Woman who are pastors, teachers, evangelists, apostles or prophets, are certainly not included in the above.

JLB

You do not know if they are saved to start with. They definitely are self deceived if they think they are called and can lead in the church.

This is just a new law, and Christians are not under law.
Not the Mosaic Law, but we are under Law to Christ.
Do you feel that Christians, now not under the Mosaic Law, can tell lies and still be judged worthy of eternal life?
I don't.
Can you give a valid reason why women can't lead men? Can you give a valid reason why women can't do anything that doesn't require extreme physical strength? Are women somehow mentally, emotionally, or spiritually deficient in your opinion.
Yes, because the apostle Paul said so, with his reasons that I agree with.
Some of the problem with the incorrect doctrine may stem from the Greek word ἀνθρώποις (anthrōpois), which is translated 'men' in older translations (due to cultural bias) but is actually generic, referring to both men and women.. Modern translations correctly translate the word as 'people'.
Instead of blaming "incorrect doctrine" for your POV, why not just do as Paul exhorted?
For example, 2 Timothy 2:2, KJV, "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also."
Sounds good to me, but I include 1 Tim 2:12.
Why not take your own advice?
It would feel funny thanking God for the apostle Paul and all his writings if I was trying to change them to suit my own fleshly mind.

So which is it?

Women can indeed be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors or teachers or they are not?
I though I had made it clear, but we will try again.
Women cannot be apostles, evangelists, or pastors of churches.
That would involve leading men.
They can prophesy and teach other women.

If it’s a wife trying dominate her husband then that’s nothing more than witchcraft; a work of the flesh.
However a women college teacher exercising her god given authority over a student who is male, then that is not “dominating”.
There is no such thing as a woman having a God given right to teach men.
In fact quite the contrary. (1 Tim 2:12)

In fact quite the contrary. (1 Tim 2:12)

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1Ti 2:12 KJV

Notice the “I”. This is personal to Paul, who reminded the assembled congregation of Jews and therefore law-keepers, of the need to remain silent in the synagogue according to Jewish Law. A reverent silence is right and proper in any place of worship, including our own churches. Do people gossip during our own church services? No, they do not, but, Paul was happy for people to speak in tongues provided there was an interpreter, so that all may understand. Perfectly reasonable and necessary. This is all about keeping order in the church.

In my own church, (Pentecostal) all are welcome to pray and praise the Lord as they feel led, women, included. Of course, they are. Not only are women permitted, they are very welcome to take part. It is inconceivable they would not be. The problem Paul had was the idle chatter from those women, who did not understand the Hebrew of the synagogue.

“The language of Jesus and his disciples is believed to be Aramaic. It is also likely that Jesus knew enough Koine Greek (the language of the marketplace) to converse with those not native to Judea, and it is reasonable to assume that Jesus was well-versed in Hebrew for religious purposes.”

Last edited:
know then that was not read right nor did i make it plain .. had you been reading all my post you would see i have said many times women CAN teach adult s.s class as per women preaching being a pastor we only have what paul wrote to timothy it reads if a A Man desires no place does it say women. i am not on a anti woman campaign. i do know some women preachers. i will leave it up to God to handle that. their work will either burn up or stand the fire test.

Amen. That goes for men and women, their work will either burn up or stand the fire test.

JLB

Women cannot be apostles, evangelists, or pastors of churches.

Please show us the scripture that’s says women can not be apostles evangelists pastor or teachers.

We know they can indeed be prophetesses.

Which means the burden of proof is on you to provide specific scripture that says women can not be apostles, evangelist’s, or teachers or pastors.

JLB

Sorry but 1 Timothy 2:12 does not mention anything about women not being school teachers.

JLB

In my own church, (Pentecostal) all are welcome to pray and praise the Lord as they feel led, women, included. Of course, they are. Not only are women permitted, they are very welcome to take part.
i am not Pentecostal but do feel all should be welcome to partake in the worship service ..i am suppose be Baptist. but mostly just forgiven . the disagreements are should a woman teach or preach. as per women preaching we can only go by scripture.
as per them teaching class including adults ..yes none of this has to do with being a Baptist.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back