Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jaybo

2024 Supporter
I just posted this on another Christian forum and decided it should also be posted here...

Let's discuss this: women are without question equal to men in all matters mental, emotional, and spiritual. What reason can there possibly be for a woman not to hold any and every position in the church? Women are as much a part of the body of Christ as men; there can't be any debate about that. So, unless people are putting themselves back under some new form of the law, there cannot be any discrimination in the body of Christ based on gender.

I see no reason that women can't perform any role in the Body of Christ, as it's only extreme physical tasks that (most) women can't do as well as men. Mental and spiritual tasks are within the ability and reach of all regardless of gender.

You might want to ponder this part of John's gospel...

"Jesus said to her, “Mary.”

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her." John 20:16-18

This is one of the most important tasks ever given to any person in all of history! Jesus chose one particular person to announce His resurrection: a woman!!! A WOMAN!!! How could the principle of a woman's role in the body of Christ be any clearer???

It is time to drop the false idea that women can't perform any and every role in the church. If Jesus trusted a woman to deliver the most important message ever given in history, the issue is resolved.

I just posted this on another Christian forum and decided it should also be posted here...

Let's discuss this: women are without question equal to men in all matters mental, emotional, and spiritual. What reason can there possibly be for a woman not to hold any and every position in the church? Women are as much a part of the body of Christ as men; there can't be any debate about that. So, unless people are putting themselves back under some new form of the law, there cannot be any discrimination in the body of Christ based on gender.

I see no reason that women can't perform any role in the Body of Christ, as it's only extreme physical tasks that (most) women can't do as well as men. Mental and spiritual tasks are within the ability and reach of all regardless of gender.
It is time to drop the false idea that women can't perform any and every role in the church. If Jesus trusted a woman to deliver the most important message ever given in history, the issue is resolved.
Unless the Bible itself says otherwise:

1Ti 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. (ESV)

This is in the context of corporate worship, of church, and is speaking of spiritual authority.

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her." John 20:16-18

This is one of the most important tasks ever given to any person in all of history! Jesus chose one particular person to announce His resurrection: a woman!!! A WOMAN!!! How could the principle of a woman's role in the body of Christ be any clearer???

How is it resolved if there are Bible verses that say the opposite of this.

1Ti 3:1 It is a trustworthy saying: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a good work.
1Ti 3:2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

And were off.

1Ti 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. (ESV)

This is in the context of corporate worship, of church, and is speaking of spiritual authority.
The Bible does say otherwise...

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

If there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus then why apply a 1st Century rule to 2022? Are we under a new law or still under grace?

How is it resolved if there are Bible verses that say the opposite of this.

1Ti 3:1 It is a trustworthy saying: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a good work.
1Ti 3:2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

And were off.
Do you think that Paul's letter to Timothy is actually putting believers under a new law, throwing the freedom we have in Christ "out the window"?

Do you think that Paul's letter to Timothy is actually putting believers under a new law, throwing the freedom we have in Christ "out the window"?
I do not see a new law in those verses, do you?

We are free in Christ but we still have to follow the commands of the Bible. No?

Why did Paul write those verses.

Gods design has always been for men to lead, they are the head after Christ.

1Ti 2:12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
1Ti 2:13 For it was Adam who was first formed, and then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into trespass.
1Ti 2:15 But she will be saved through the bearing of children, if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with self-restraint.

The Bible does say otherwise...

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

If there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus then why apply a 1st Century rule to 2022? Are we under a new law or still under grace?
That is certainly not the Bible saying otherwise, unless you believe the Bible contradicts itself on this matter. What is Paul talking about in In Gal 3:28? Isn't he talking about the equality of persons who are in Christ, that they are all "heirs according to promise"? It seems that with 1 Tim 2:12 you are assuming that a difference in function (God-ordained, at that) indicates an inferiority of nature, but that is simply not true. Both verses apply, as they must.

Your argument to "a new law or still under grace" doesn't make sense, since both verses were written to the NT church, and both happen to be written by Paul. The main problem, as is common these days, is applying modern ideology to the Bible, reading a meaning into a verse that is not only not stated, but contradictory. Your argument also ignores that Paul appealed to Jews and Gentiles separately, and even addressed slaves and their masters.

That is certainly not the Bible saying otherwise, unless you believe the Bible contradicts itself on this matter. What is Paul talking about in In Gal 3:28? Isn't he talking about the equality of persons who are in Christ, that they are all "heirs according to promise"? It seems that with 1 Tim 2:12 you are assuming that a difference in function (God-ordained, at that) indicates an inferiority of nature, but that is simply not true. Both verses apply, as they must.

Your argument to "a new law or still under grace" doesn't make sense, since both verses were written to the NT church, and both happen to be written by Paul. The main problem, as is common these days, is applying modern ideology to the Bible, reading a meaning into a verse that is not only not stated, but contradictory. Your argument also ignores that Paul appealed to Jews and Gentiles separately, and even addressed slaves and their masters.
I disagree. As far as I know, a)none of us live in the 1st century CE when women had a entirely different status and education than we have today and b) Paulopposed living under the law, so why would he create am inflexible law? As you know, he mentions church meetings that took place in married couples' homes.

Again, why would Jesus ask Mary to tell the disciples about His resurrection. After all she was only a woman.

Free,

I'm tired of seeing 1 Tim 2:12 used to oppose women in teaching ministry - without any careful exegesis of that text. That's what you have done.

There are problems with the women-must-be-closed-down in ministry in the church. Some of these problems are:

1. There is continuing disagreement among New Testament scholars as to exactly what Paul prohibits in this passage. Does he forbid women from teaching men only, or is it a comprehensive prohibition against female teaching of any kind? The problem is compounded by Paul’s failure to use the common word for “authority” (exousia) in verse 12. However, whichever interpretation one favours, the end result is that some kind of restriction is placed on the teaching ministry of women in the church.

2. A limitation on female ministry seems to contradict the principle of “mutuality in equality” established elsewhere in the Pauline epistles (e.g.. 1 Cor. 11:5, 14:26, Gal. 3:28, Eph. 5:21).

3. If women are excluded from a significant ministry of every church, this will have ramifications at a deep level in the local church. Should not this restriction have been included in the Pauline passages dealing with the churches’ teaching ministry (e.g.. Rom. 12, 1 Cor. 12, Eph. 4)? Except for this one sentence in 1 Tim. 2:12, the gifts of the Spirit to the church have never been differentiated on the basis of sex in the entire New Testament.

4. Some of Paul’s writings make the teaching ministry available to all believers, including women. In Colossians 3:16, “teaching and admonishing” is the responsibility of “one another,” which must obviously include male and female. If “teaching and admonishing” are restricted to males only, consistency of interpretation requires that compassion, kindness, gentleness, patience, bearing with, forgiveness and love (Col. 3:12-14) must be practised by males only. Such a conclusion regarding Christian character is untenable. See also 1 Cor. 14:26 where “each one” (male and female) in the church is encouraged to minister via a psalm, teaching, revelation, tongue and interpretation when the church gathers. If women are restricted from teaching, consistency of interpretation requires their silence with psalms, revelations, tongues and interpretations.

Paul affirmed the teaching ministry of women (Acts 18:26, Titus 2:3) and commended women in ministry (Rom. 16:1-15; 1 Cor. 11:5, 16:16; Phil. 4:2ff.).

5. According to the remainder of Scripture, salvation is obtained by grace through faith. First Tim. 2:15 links salvation to having babies: “. . . Yet she will be saved through child-bearing . . .” How is this possible?

The above difficulties concerning the interpretation of 1 Tim. 2:9-15 should be a warning not to proof-text a verse in isolation from the biblical context. A satisfactory explanation of the passage demands more than a superficial reading.

See my exposition of 1 Tim 2:12 in "Must women never teach men in the church?"

Oz

Last edited:

then that means men do pre school all elementary classes

I disagree. As far as I know, a)none of us live in the 1st century CE when women had a entirely different status and education than we have today and b) Paulopposed living under the law, so why would he create am inflexible law? As you know, he mentions church meetings that took place in married couples' homes.

Again, why would Jesus ask Mary to tell the disciples about His resurrection. After all she was only a woman.
You're still not addressing what I have said. The NT radically raises the status of women, making them equal with men. That is not the issue. Do you forget that God inspired Scripture, that Paul wrote essentially what God wanted him to write? Paul makes a very clear argument on the basis of his being an apostle that he does not permit women to be in a position of spiritual authority over a man within the context of church.

That church meetings occurred in the homes of married couples tells us nothing other than that church meetings occurred in the homes of married couples. Don't add to verses.

I do not see a new law in those verses, do you?

We are free in Christ but we still have to follow the commands of the Bible. No?

Why did Paul write those verses.

Gods design has always been for men to lead, they are the head after Christ.

1Ti 2:12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
1Ti 2:14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into trespass.
1Ti 2:15 But she will be saved through the bearing of children, if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with self-restraint.
If Paul did not approve of women in any type of authority, then why would he consider Phoebe (a deaconess) a colleague of his?

Paul's personal greetings in Romans 16:1-2 (NIV):

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.

Why did Paul consider Priscilla and Aquila to be his partners in serving Jesus Christ? Not to mention, why was "Priscilla's" name listed first in such passages that mention them? This was a rare writing style, especially for the culture and the time period. She must've been important.

Not to mention, Paul was a Roman citizen. Is it not interesting that he refers to these women by name even? Women were not publicly honored in the Roman empire.

Why did Paul use the same terms that he used for men such as "deacon", "benefactor," "co-workers", "hard workers", "dear friend", and "apostle" to describe these women?

What about other women than Paul spoke highly of? Junia, Tryphena, Tryphosa, Persis?

What about such a verse as Galatians 3:26-29 (NIV)?

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Agree.

A church that has silenced women is a church vulnerable to spiritual attack.
A church that has silenced women is a church that excludes many of its members.
A church that has silenced women has degraded their value and stripped away their importance in Christ Jesus within the church setting.

Women should not be silenced in the church. Many have misunderstood Paul's words and interpretations, but if we dig into the history, the context, Paul's writing style - it tells a radically different story.

@Luminous_Rose

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, who is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea; that you receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints, and that you help her in whatever matter she may have need of you; for she herself has also been a helper of many, and of myself as well. (Rom_16:1-2)

Paul devotes these two verses to the commendation of a single individual, Phoebe,…a servant and a member of the church which is at Cenchrea. Cenchrea was the neighboring port city of Corinth, from which Paul wrote this letter, and the church…at Cenchrea doubtless was a daughter church of the one at Corinth. It was from Cenchrea, at the end of his first ministry in Corinth, that Paul, Priscilla, and Aquila “put out to sea for Syria” (Act_18:18).

Paul could commend this woman not only for what she had done as a faithful sister and servant of Christ but also for what she was soon to do in further service to their Lord. It is almost certain that Phoebe delivered this letter in person to the church at Rome, a responsibility of considerable magnitude.

The name Phoebe means “bright and radiant,” and from Paul's brief comments about her, it seems that those words did indeed characterize her personality and her Christian life. Paul commends her to the church at Rome in three different ways: as a sister in Christ, as a servant and as a helper of many, including himself.

In Christ, we belong to God not only as “fellow citizens with the saints” in His divine kingdom but also are brothers and sisters in His di- vine “household” (Eph_2:19). To refer to Phoebe as our sister meant that she was a devoted member of the family of God, and the context makes clear that she was especially dear to Paul.

Paul next commends Phoebe as a servant beloved by those she served in her home church at Cenchrea, and probably in the mother church at Corinth as well.

Servant translates diakonos, the term from which we get deacon. The Greek word here is neuter and was used in the church as a general term for servant before the offices of deacon and deaconess were developed. It is used of the household servants who drew the water that Jesus turned into wine (Joh_2:5, Joh_2:9), and Paul has used the term earlier in this letter (Rom_13:4, twice) to refer to secular government as “a minister of God to you for good” and even of Christ as “a servant to the circumcision,” that is, to Jews (Rom_15:8). When diakonos obviously refers to a church office, it is usually transliterated as “deacon” (see, e.g., Php_1:1; 1Ti_3:10, 1Ti_3:13).

In 1Ti_3:11, Paul declares that “women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.” Some argue that he is referring to wives of deacons, rather than to an office of women deacons. But it makes no sense that high standards would be specified for the wives of deacons but not for wives of overseers (or bishops, who are also called elders, see Tit_1:5), whose qualifications he has just given in Tit_1:1-7. In this context (Tit_3:1-10, Tit_3:12-13), the office of deaconess is clearly implied. The “likewise” in Tit_3:11 ties the qualifications of these women to those already given for the offices of overseer and deacon. In Tit_3:11, Paul did not refer to those women as deaconesses because diakonos has no feminine form.

During the first few centuries of the church, the role of a woman servant (diakonos) was to care for fellow believers who were sick, for the poor, for strangers passing through, and for the imprisoned. They also were responsible for helping baptize and disciple new women converts and to instruct children and other women.

Whether or not Phoebe held some official title or not, Paul commended her as a highly-proven servant of Christ and implored the church at Rome to receive her in the Lord.

As mentioned above, Phoebe was entrusted with carrying this letter to the church at Rome. There were, of course, no copiers or carbon paper in those days, and even the simplest writing materials were very expensive. It is therefore highly unlikely that Paul, through the hand of Tertius (v. 22), made more than one copy of this letter. Since Paul realized that letter would become part of God's written Word, he knew that the truths he imparted in this letter had the mark of divine authenticity. He would therefore have made certain that this epistle to the Romans was entrusted only to the most reliable of persons.

Paul knew that the journey from Corinth to Rome would not be easy, and would involve considerable sea as well as land travel. When this special lady arrived in Rome and presented believers there with Paul's letter, they must have realized his great trust in her even before they read this personal commendation. It would be immediately evident that she deserved their greatest appreciation and respect.

Travel in those days was often hazardous, and the few inns that existed usually were connected with the worst sort of taverns, many of which were also brothels. The only safe places to stay were with a friend or a friend of a friend. Consequently, letters of commendation were routinely given to travelers by friends who had relatives or friends along the way who could provide food, lodging, and sometimes escort through dangerous areas. Such help was especially important for Christians and even more especially for those who were Jewish, who often were subjected to persecution not only by Gentiles but by unbelieving fellow Jews.

Such letters of commendation are mentioned several times in the New Testament. When Apollos “wanted to go across to Achaia, the brethren [at Ephesus] encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him” (Act_18:27). Paul included a commendation of Titus and certain other faithful men in his second letter to Corinth, saying, “As for Titus, he is my partner and fellow worker among you; as for our brethren, they are messengers of the churches, a glory to Christ. Therefore openly before the churches show them the proof of your love and of our reason for boasting about you” (2Co_8:23-24). John alludes to such a written commendation in 2Co_8:9 of his third epistle.

Phoebe was to be received into fellowship in a manner worthy of the saints, that is, as a true and faithful believer. Jesus promised that when believers minister to “one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them,” they do it for Him (Mat_25:35-40). Christians are to receive, to love, to minister to each other in a way that is distinct from the world around us and that it cannot comprehend. We are to embrace, serve, and care for all those who genuinely name the name of Christ (cf. Mat_18:5-10).

Paul requested that the Roman church help Phoebe in whatever matter she may have need of them for. Matter is from pragma, from which we get pragmatic, and refers to anything that was done or carried out. It was often used of business transactions, and probably carries that idea here, as indicated by the King James's rendering of “business.” Paul not only was giving a commendation of Phoebe as a faithful Christian but also was giving a letter of reference, as it were, in regard to whatever business matter she may have had in Rome.

That idea is reinforced by Paul's speaking of her as a helper, which translates prostatis, which was commonly used to signify a patron, a wealthy person who encouraged and financially supported an organization or cause, as in a patron of the arts. In other words, Phoebe was no ordinary helper, but one of high esteem and integrity and likely was a businesswoman of considerable wealth. She used her influence and her financial means, as well as her personal time and effort, as a helper of many fellow believers and of myself [Paul] as well.

That statement says as much about Paul as it does about Phoebe. The esteemed apostle readily and graciously acknowledged his personal indebtedness to and love for a Christian sister, whom he memorialized in these two verses in the Word of God. And, although God inspired no woman to write a part of Scripture, he used Phoebe to transport the first copy of this marvelous letter, which is one of the bedrocks of New Testament theology. This woman was emblematic of those countless women of God whom He has used and honored with great distinction within the framework of His divine plan.

Agree.

A church that has silenced women is a church that excludes many of its members.
A church that has silenced women has degraded their value and stripped away their importance in Christ Jesus within the church setting.

Women should not be silenced in the church. Many have misunderstood Paul's words and interpretations, but if we dig into the history, the context, Paul's writing style - it tells a radically different story.
1Ti 2:11 A woman must learn in quietness, in all submission.

You're still not addressing what I have said. The NT radically raises the status of women, making them equal with men. That is not the issue. Do you forget that God inspired Scripture, that Paul wrote essentially what God wanted him to write? Paul makes a very clear argument on the basis of his being an apostle that he does not permit women to be in a position of spiritual authority over a man within the context of church.

That church meetings occurred in the homes of married couples tells us nothing other than that church meetings occurred in the homes of married couples. Don't add to verses.
You are judging an entire principle of doctrine on one sentence that Paul wrote to Timothy. You do understand the principle of eisegesis, don't you?

I also want to remind you again that we are not living in the same social conditions that were present in the first century CE. Women became wives as teenagers, were almost entirely illiterate, and were the property of their husbands. Women today are highly educated, at the top of every field, and more than capable of serving at every level in the church. Times have changed!!!

Why are you reinventing the law? It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.

Adam was also deceived. And it was Adam that was blamed for bringing death to all humanity, not Eve.

Genesis 3:6, " When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it."

Genesis 3:17-24, "To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."

Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

It was ADAM who brought sin and death to all people, not Eve!

Adam was also deceived. And it was Adam that was blamed for bringing death to all humanity, not Eve.

Genesis 3:6, " When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it."

Genesis 3:17-24, "To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."

Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned"

It was ADAM who brought sin and death to all people, not Eve!

The Design of Women

For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression. (1Ti_2:13-14)

A popular view today is that woman's subordinate role is a corruption of God's perfect design that was the result of the Fall. Since the effects of the curse are intended to be reversed in Christ, it is argued, differing male and female roles should be abolished. Paul, however, establishes woman's subordinate role not in the Fall, but in the divine order of original creation. For it was Adam who was first created, he writes, and then Eve. God made woman after man to be his suitable helper (Gen_2:18). The priority of man's role is obvious.

Nor was Paul's teaching prompted by some cultural situation at Ephesus and hence not applicable today, as some argue. He not only appeals here to the creation account in Gen_2:1-25, but also taught this same truth to the Corinthians (1Co_11:8-9).

Paul does not derive women's role from the Fall, but he uses that event as further corroboration of God's intention. He points out that it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression. Gen_3:1-7 chronicles the tragic account of what happened when Eve usurped the headship role:

Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die.’” And the serpent said to the woman, “You surely shall not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

The whole human race thus fell into depravity and judgment. Eve was not suited by nature to assume the position of ultimate responsibility. When she stepped out from under the protection and leadership of Adam, she was highly vulnerable and fell. And, of course, when Adam violated his leadership role and followed Eve (Though it was not he who was deceived), the perversion of God's order was complete. The Fall resulted, then, not simply from disobedience to God's command, but from violating God's appointed roles for the sexes. That is not to say that Adam was less culpable than Eve, or that she was more defective. Although he was not deceived by Satan, as was Eve, Adam still chose to disobey God. As the head of their relationship, he bore ultimate responsibility. That is why the New Testament relates the Fall to Adam's sin, not Eve's (Rom_5:12-21; 1Co_15:21-22). Headship by the man, then, was part of God's design from the beginning, and he bears the responsibility for its success or failure. The tragic experience of the garden encounter with the serpent confirmed the wisdom of that design.

Eve usurped the authority of man.

We see this today.

Eve usurped the authority of man.

We see this today.

Eve usurped the authority of man? She was deceived by the serpent, then gave Adam some of the forbidden fruit. Did he refuse it? Did he reprimand her? Did he say that God created me first and I am in charge? He voluntarily ate the fruit and it is because of Adam that sin entered the human race.

Genesis 3:6-7, "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves."

Genesis 2:16, "And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” Adam didn't refuse the fruit, even though God gave the command to him!

Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—"

so a woman must come to church keep her mouth shut ? if this be the case the men should teach all the small Children do all the songs for the woman shall not speak?

this entire teaching thing is took out of Context.. Just because a woman teaches DOES not mean she is authority over man.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back