Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

TEACHING ARAMIC

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
another thing, the messiah should be silence all the way through. he should not teach new torah, but maybe just interpitate the torah in diffrent way, and showing his interpetaion by his life and acting, but never speaking about it. but according the bible should be 2 massiah. the one we speak about is the one who doesn't speak and die. the other will lead the whol world. unfortunately, jesus doesn't match to either one of the two. he was speaking a lot and died, so he can not lead the world right now.
The Jews were awaiting 2 Messiahs...
One was to rule the world...
and the other one was to be spiritual...I can't remember too much about this.

Why do you think the High Priest ripped off his clothes in this scripture?.

Matthew 26:65
65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy;

What was the blasphemy?

Did you say you live in Israel?
I live in Italy and it's very late here.
Hope to speak to you tomorrow.
Shalom.

another thing, the messiah should be silence all the way through. he should not teach new torah, but maybe just interpitate the torah in diffrent way, and showing his interpetaion by his life and acting, but never speaking about it. but according the bible should be 2 massiah. the one we speak about is the one who doesn't speak and die. the other will lead the whol world. unfortunately, jesus doesn't match to either one of the two. he was speaking a lot and died, so he can not lead the world right now.
according the bible the messaih shold be also someone we could never think that he is the messiah. only after he die all the people know about his glory. in the new testment you can see that many people were already thinking that jesus is the messiah still during his life

according the bible the messaih shold be also someone we could never think that he is the messiah. only after he die all the people know about his glory. in the new testment you can see that many people were already thinking that jesus is the messiah still during his life
Hello friend, and thank you for visiting with us. I wish you and I were closer to one another as I would love to site and talk with you.

I understand why you and others do not believe Jesus was the Messiah, and I respect your view. I'm not stuck that your not a believer in Christ, because I know it is G d who draws us near, and we all have our place.

Were you raised in Israel, and how well do you know Torah and Tanakh? Are you one who has it all committed to memory?

I know many will feel that your a threat to their faith, but I personally look forward to biblical dialog with you. Shemot is my favorite, and I have studied through the writings Ramban. I find them fascinating.

Hi Pumba2
Welcome to the forum!

I have two thoughts for you:

1. The Messiah WAS silent.
Was Jesus not silent as He went from His arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane all the way to the hill of Golgotha? I don't remember Jesus making any long comments or trying to preach.

He DID preach in His 3 years ministry....but how would any Messiah be able to teach if he did not speak?

2. My question to you is HOW could you like or appreciate Jesus if you don't believe He was God somehow? If He went to the cross thinking he was God...wouldn't He have to be a crazy man?
Jesus had to be who He thought He was....or He was a liar or crazy or delusional.

As to there being only one God...we here on this forum believe there is only one God. Can that God manifest Himself as a human so that humanity can better understand Him?

Actually, I do believe that there is the trinity being the Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit but they're all three in one so that's different. Also I do believe that we better make sure that this thread doesn't get out of hand and go against the TOS since it's already getting pretty close.

Hello friend, and thank you for visiting with us. I wish you and I were closer to one another as I would love to site and talk with you.

I understand why you and others do not believe Jesus was the Messiah, and I respect your view. I'm not stuck that your not a believer in Christ, because I know it is G d who draws us near, and we all have our place.

Were you raised in Israel, and how well do you know Torah and Tanakh? Are you one who has it all committed to memory?

I know many will feel that your a threat to their faith, but I personally look forward to biblical dialog with you. Shemot is my favorite, and I have studied through the writings Ramban. I find them fascinating.

What's Shemot and Ramban?

hello. I am jewish. I don't belaive that jesus was the messiah, becuase it's is written in the bible (isaiah 53 7 "He was oppressed, though he humbled himself and opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before her shearers is dumb; yea, he opened not his mouth. " means that bthe messiah should not speak. he should not teach new torah but be only in his rule of existing. nevertheless, I appricate jesus and have read the new testment as well.

Isaiah 53 needs to be read in the full context of the whole chapter in order to understand vs. 7 as the whole chapter is fulfilled through Christ as being a Lamb brought to the slaughter as Jesus did not open His mouth as the court would not believe Him anyway so He stayed silent, Matthew Chapter 26; Mark 15:1-5; Acts 8:26-33. God's plan of salvation was through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world as being the unblemished Lamb brought to the slaughter, but not like all the other dumb lambs that God had no delight in as it was done all in vain every year on Passover. This Lamb of God being Jesus would redeem the world of their sin once and for all through the shedding of His own blood, Matthew Chapter 27.

The Torah is only the first five books of the Bible from Genesis to Deuteronomy written by Moses so there was no new Torah being taught in the NT, but only the grace of God and His plan of salvation through Jesus before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:3-7; 2:8; In the book of Isaiah the messianic prophecies are clearer and more explicit about Christ then any other OT writings.

If you start with Isaiah Chapter 1 God is very wroth with the nation of Israel, (except for a small remnant), going as far as calling them a sinful nation who have gone backwards forsaking God. Even their sacrifices were being done in vain as God said in vs. 11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. 12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? 13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. This is also written in Hebrews 10:1-39 as the book of Isaiah is a shadow/prophecy of the coming of Messiah being Jesus who was the Lamb being brought to the slaughter who did not open His mouth during His trial. They witnessed all that Jesus taught from the OT and saw the signs and wonders of God through Him so Jesus had no need to open His mouth to defend Himself. The Jews called Him a blasphemer for saying He and the Father are one. This is also found in Matthew Chapter 26; Mark 15:1-5; Acts 8:26-33.

The Jews never recognized Jesus as Messiah as they were expecting a goodly priestly king that would come and literally sit on the throne of David and not just some carpenters son from Nazareth as Nathaniel asked Philip, can anything good come from Nazareth and Philip said to him, come and see, John 1:46.

You said you have read the NT, but it seems you have no understanding of what is written as what Jesus taught was from the Torah (first five books of the Bible) and from the rest of the OT. Everything Jesus spoke was given Him by God, John 12:44-50.

Actually, I do believe that there is the trinity being the Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit but they're all three in one so that's different. Also I do believe that we better make sure that this thread doesn't get out of hand and go against the TOS since it's already getting pretty close.

We are only discussing what all of us including PUMBA2 believe as it is interesting to hear what he has to say and we might learn some Jewish ways from him as it's refreshing to have a true Jew from Israel with us. No one is getting even close to coming against the ToS and if they do we will take care of it.

Hi Jonathan. How do you interpret your Prophet Isaiah in Chapter 53 ?.

Who is G-d speaking about and what is G-d speaking about through Isaiah in your eyes?

Last edited:
Isaiah 53 needs to be read in the full context of the whole chapter in order to understand vs. 7 as the whole chapter is fulfilled through Christ as being a Lamb brought to the slaughter as Jesus did not open His mouth as the court would not believe Him anyway so He stayed silent, Matthew Chapter 26; Mark 15:1-5; Acts 8:26-33. God's plan of salvation was through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world as being the unblemished Lamb brought to the slaughter, but not like all the other dumb lambs that God had no delight in as it was done all in vain every year on Passover. This Lamb of God being Jesus would redeem the world of their sin once and for all through the shedding of His own blood, Matthew Chapter 27.

The Torah is only the first five books of the Bible from Genesis to Deuteronomy written by Moses so there was no new Torah being taught in the NT, but only the grace of God and His plan of salvation through Jesus before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:3-7; 2:8; In the book of Isaiah the messianic prophecies are clearer and more explicit about Christ then any other OT writings.

If you start with Isaiah Chapter 1 God is very wroth with the nation of Israel, (except for a small remnant), going as far as calling them a sinful nation who have gone backwards forsaking God. Even their sacrifices were being done in vain as God said in vs. 11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. 12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? 13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. This is also written in Hebrews 10:1-39 as the book of Isaiah is a shadow/prophecy of the coming of Messiah being Jesus who was the Lamb being brought to the slaughter who did not open His mouth during His trial. They witnessed all that Jesus taught from the OT and saw the signs and wonders of God through Him so Jesus had no need to open His mouth to defend Himself. The Jews called Him a blasphemer for saying He and the Father are one. This is also found in Matthew Chapter 26; Mark 15:1-5; Acts 8:26-33.

The Jews never recognized Jesus as Messiah as they were expecting a goodly priestly king that would come and literally sit on the throne of David and not just some carpenters son from Nazareth as Nathaniel asked Philip, can anything good come from Nazareth and Philip said to him, come and see, John 1:46.

You said you have read the NT, but it seems you have no understanding of what is written as what Jesus taught was from the Torah (first five books of the Bible) and from the rest of the OT. Everything Jesus spoke was given Him by God, John 12:44-50.
hello. another two thing that you don't understand is:
Isaiah 44:6
6 “This is what the Lord says—
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.

that god says that he is the first and the only god, and he is only the last - he have no sons and children. jesus can - and I bealive so - was a great man - but was not the son of the god. second thing - we don't bealive that the messaih will make mericales. for knowing that he is the messaih, need to be a prophet who will make 1-2 miracles that prove that he is a true prophet, and if so' he can say that god has chosen someone to be messiah. in reply to you answer, even david was a sheap walker and it's is not true that the jewish wants somone very rich ext..

Hi Jonathan. How do you interpret your Prophet Isaiah in Chapter 53 ?.

Who is G-d speaking about and what is G-d speaking about through Isaiah in your eyes?
the god speaking about someone who 2 people or more never thought together that he is the messiah. this is the meaning of "thinking together". only after he die, the people understand that he was the messiah.

Good morning Pumba.....
Only AFTER Jesus died did many come to believe He was the Messiah.
The Suffering Servant.

While He was alive and with His Apostles,,,even they did not fully understand who He was. When Jesus was taken captive and put on trial,,,they all hid from fear of also being crucified.

Only after seeing Jesus alive again did they gain the confidence they need to preach and teach and face horrible deaths because of Jesus.

Have you read the New Testament,,,or are you repeating what you have heard about it?

according the new testment, jesus never said that he was the messiah. when people ask him if is he the messiah, he was only saying "you were saying so"
Could you please answer my question as to why you believe the High Priest ripped his robe in Matthew 26:65.
Why did Caiaphas believe Jesus had blasphemed?

65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have now heard the blasphemy;
66what do you think?” They answered, “He deserves death!”

It would be interesting to have your opinion on this verse.
Thanks.

Good morning Pumba.....
Only AFTER Jesus died did many come to believe He was the Messiah.
The Suffering Servant.

While He was alive and with His Apostles,,,even they did not fully understand who He was. When Jesus was taken captive and put on trial,,,they all hid from fear of also being crucified.

Only after seeing Jesus alive again did they gain the confidence they need to preach and teach and face horrible deaths because of Jesus.

Have you read the New Testament,,,or are you repeating what you have heard about it?
sorry, I think you need to read the new testment again.

Could you please answer my question as to why you believe the High Priest ripped his robe in Matthew 26:65.

Thanks.
I didn't came here to share my opinions but only to offer you this service of teaching hebrew and aramaic. we can share opinions in the lesson

Thanks.
as I remember I will tell you only that the priest thought that jesus have blasphemed because the priest didn't understand what jesus as said. jesus has queted a frase from teilim: "
תהלים פרק קי פסוק א
לְדָוִ֗ד מִ֫זְמ֥וֹר פ
נְאֻ֤ם יְהוָ֨ה׀ לַֽאדֹנִ֗י שֵׁ֥ב לִֽימִינִ֑י עַד־אָשִׁ֥ית אֹ֝יְבֶ֗יךָ הֲדֹ֣ם לְרַגְלֶֽיךָ

or in translation: "Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "set by me, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."

Back