Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

TEACHING ARAMIC

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Pumba...I think the above was for me.
There's no reason to be nervous....we're all very nice here.
When we ask things it's to understand what you think.
When things are explained it's to let you know what we believe.

My husband was receiving physical therapy from a very nice man from Haifa. I believe it's a very beautiful city.

When I was teaching the Christian faith to children, I always showed them pictures of Israel so it could be more real to them.

I'd like to explain about the title The Son of God.
God does not have any sons,,,you're right.
We believe that God became human so He could manifest Himself to us. In the Tanakh God tried in different ways to make Himself be known...

We believe that through Jesus,,,the visible God,,,He manifested Himself in the best way for us.

We also believe there is only One God....
Yaweh,,,the Almighty...Adonai Listen....
and God will make Himself be known.
when you say that you bealive that god has made himself a human, you risk again to sin in the golden calf. as it written: "קום עשה לנו אלהים אשר ילכו לפנינו כי זה משה האיש אשר העלנו מארץ מצרים לא ידענו מה היה לו"
Exodus - Chapter 32 1 "Come on! Make us gods that will go before us, because this man Moses, who brought us up from the land of Egypt we don't know what has become of him."
u bealive that god in another words, the people thoght that moses was the god, and when moses has gone they wanted to creat another god.

right, it is written in
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 7
אוַיֹּ֤אמֶר יְהֹוָה֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה רְאֵ֛ה נְתַתִּ֥יךָ אֱלֹהִ֖ים לְפַרְעֹ֑ה וְאַֽהֲרֹ֥ן אָחִ֖יךָ יִֽהְיֶ֥ה נְבִיאֶֽךָ:
The Lord said to Moses, "See! I have made you a lord over Pharaoh, and Aaron, your brother, will be your speaker.

but its only in the eyes of pharaoh, the enemy, and not in real.

This is good. I lean more toward Ramban, so it would be nice to compare teachings. What does Rambam have to say about the wells in Bereishit 26?
Can you go over the names and what they mean?

For those who do not know what Bereishit is, it is Genesis.
the rambam was mainly interpetate the spoken bible (mishna, talmud) and not the written one.

Thanks!
What do you make of the word korben?
In English, it is translated as sacrifice which I hear is a bad translation. What are the nuances in Hebrew?
hello. the meaning of the word korban is really secrify. I don't know the origination, but I can gess that it's conenected to קרביים karbaim means stomach. the korban was always for food, sometimes for the god as it was totally burn or part of it, and sometimes for the people who were eating it after the secrifations. it is also similair to the word קרב or קרוב, which means battle and close accrodingly. as the battle is full of blood, as well is the korban.

What Messiah are you still waiting for that has not yet come to redeem the world of sin as prophesied throughout the OT? God has always been as Alpha and Omega so there is no need to wait on Him coming to us as He is ever with us from the beginning to the end.

It was the Jew first that believed by faith in Jesus and then to the Gentiles so yes, many Jews have received Jesus as Lord and Savior. You said you read the NT and you say Jesus was a nice man, but you have no understanding of one Lord, one Faith, one baptism that is the great "I AM" even though you believe Jesus as a prophet. I can only pray that you would take into consideration of what I am about to give you here as we all search for truth.

1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepards as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that refer the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20
I had never said that you need to wait for god to come, but wait for the messiah to come. that does'nt mean that we should not behave better because the messiah didn't come yet.

Can-of-Worm_by-todayifoundout-dot-com_Annotation 2020-02-05 185043.jpg
Can-of-Worms
From TodayIFoundOut . com - Origin of the expression, "Can of Worms"
see: http: // www . todayifoundout . com/index . php/2014/01/origin-expression-open-can-worms/ for more

Of course, Bible_Study is not a debate area. That being said, we are encouraged to share in a spirit of kindness. I see no evidence of any tresspass (overstepping boundaries).

Upon deliberation, and in the spirit of sharing freely as well as edification and building up of people as well as concepts, I would like to mention that, some, myself included take note of a very specific passage and quote the teacher, "ye are gods."
Ps 82:6; John 10:34 perhaps better seen in the NoG version here -->: Psalm 82:6 NOG via BibleGateway.com
This one passage has opened up a whole variety of discussions which is good in my sight, but it is also considered a 'can of worms', it can be used for fishing for fish, big and small.​

It can also be spilled out accidentally onto the floor and become a slippery mess and a source of stumbling. I like commands. "Hear, O Israel. The Lord-G-d is One." This is called (in Christian parlance, "The First Law" see Mark 12:29). I also like admonitions that we are indeed One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Eph 4:5-6; expanded in BibleGateway for us here Quick-clicky ---> Ephesians 4:4-6

:twocents My two cents worth: I think this is true in .heaven. and it is also prophetic for us, here on the earth.

the meaning of the word korban is really secrify
It looks like a 'typo' there. I think you meant, "Sacrify"
If it was not a typo, I would say, the word choice, 'secrify' may appear (to the .ENG eye) to carry a meaning of "to make secret"; clarification is requested. English origins of the now seldom used, 'obsolete' term, 'sacrify', carry a meaning of: "to offer a sacrifice," and frankly, I'm impressed by your vocabulary. I used to volunteer at a local community college to help ESL2 students (English as a Second Language, level 2 students). It was a lot of fun and there is so much appreciation for such a simple thing. I've heard of people who have been given all-expense-paid vacations in exchange for their sitting and talking with people in other countries. PUMBA2 You are doing a great thing, here. Thank you again.

Other studies include observations such as,
"At least the stomach can get full, but not the eye which is never satisfied ... " That particular bit of wisdom comes from a conversation comparing the 'lust of the flesh' and the 'lust of the eye,' better seen in the below quote by the Sent-Out-One named John, the Beloved.

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world” (1 John 2:16).

but that's a different convo, I like this one.

when you say that you bealive that god has made himself a human, you risk again to sin in the golden calf. as it written: "קום עשה לנו אלהים אשר ילכו לפנינו כי זה משה האיש אשר העלנו מארץ מצרים לא ידענו מה היה לו"
Exodus - Chapter 32 1 "Come on! Make us gods that will go before us, because this man Moses, who brought us up from the land of Egypt we don't know what has become of him."
u bealive that god in another words, the people thoght that moses was the god, and when moses has gone they wanted to creat another god.

right, it is written in
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 7
אוַיֹּ֤אמֶר יְהֹוָה֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה רְאֵ֛ה נְתַתִּ֥יךָ אֱלֹהִ֖ים לְפַרְעֹ֑ה וְאַֽהֲרֹ֥ן אָחִ֖יךָ יִֽהְיֶ֥ה נְבִיאֶֽךָ:
The Lord said to Moses, "See! I have made you a lord over Pharaoh, and Aaron, your brother, will be your speaker.

but its only in the eyes of pharaoh, the enemy, and not in real.
I agree fully with Exodus 7:1
God has made Moses AS A god, to PHARAOH only.
Moses was not really made a god.
And we Christians do believe this....

Regarding God making Himself a human and this being the same sin as the golden calf....

We Christians do understand that this is a problem,,,and I'll explain to you WHY...

Exodus 20:3
You shall have no other gods before me.

If Jesus was not God manifest then we are sinning because we are worshipping another god and not the God of the Tanakh.
This would be a terrible sin and one that would bring to damnation.

If Jesus was truly God incarnate (in human form) then we would be sinning in not believing in Him and this also would bring to damnation. I am speaking of we Christians,,,not Jews.

It is our belief that Jesus was God incarnate because of the miracles He did,,,because He was able to exorcise demons from persons, because we believe God raised Him from the dead to show that we also will be resurrected.

We believe Paul,,,,a ranking Pharisee and very well respected, had a conversion experience when he was on his way to Damascus. We believe he heard the voice of Jesus when Jesus said to him...
Paul, Paul, why do you persecute ME. Jesus said Paul was persecuting HIM because Paul was killing Christians and was on his way to Damascus to do the same.

Was Jesus crazy?
Was Paul crazy?
Were the 12 Aposles,,,all Jewish persons and followers of God,,,all crazy?

The reason you may have difficulty in understanding this is because of the teaching of the Trinity....

God is ONE GOD....but we know Him in 3 different ways.
We call these ways PERSONS....but it is really only ONE GOD.

I'll be happy to discuss further if you wish....
It's good to understand each other.
:)

- Chapter 32 1 "Come on! Make us gods that will go before us, because this man Moses, who brought us up from the land of Egypt we don't know what has become of him."
If the people thought Moses was a god, then why does the Bible say, " because this man Moses".

If the people thought Moses was a god, then why does the Bible say, " because this man Moses".
this translations is right, but the translations in some other parts is wrong. "איש" which is translated to man, is also another word to say god. you can read on
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 15 frase 3
גיְהֹוָ֖ה אִ֣ישׁ מִלְחָמָ֑ה יְהֹוָ֖ה שְׁמֽוֹ:
"The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is His Name. "

according the talmud, god look like a man. this is the mean of “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness " (genesis 1 26). also, moshes was seeing the back of the god, and when he did it, the talmud say that the god have shown mosses connection of tefillin on his neck.
Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 33 23
כגוַֽהֲסִֽרֹתִי֙ אֶת־כַּפִּ֔י וְרָאִ֖יתָ אֶת־אֲחֹרָ֑י וּפָנַ֖י לֹ֥א יֵֽרָאֽוּ:

Then I will remove My hand, and you will see My back but My face shall not be seen."

the ramban says that it's only a metaphore, but the talmud not. and the hortodox jewish people bealive in the talmud.

hello. "עדיך" means העדים שלך, means your
Witnesses. "ך" in the end of the senance means "yours". there is not connection to the word "mouth". it can also mean "toward you" or "until you", from the word "עד" which mean "until". for example "האם זעקותיי מגיעות עדיך" does my screams ariving to you ears?
thanks so much - so what does witnesses mean? -

and what does this phrase mean? - thanks so much

תהילים 103:5 Hebrew OT: Westminster Leningrad Codex
הַמַּשְׂבִּ֣יַע בַּטֹּ֣וב עֶדְיֵ֑ךְ תִּתְחַדֵּ֖שׁ כַּנֶּ֣שֶׁר נְעוּרָֽיְכִי

Hi Deb,
For the Jews, it is an insult to call the Bible the OT since they still honor the Sinai covenant. For them, it is not the old covenant. I know you didn't know this, so I know you didn't purposefully insult him. I'm only bringing this up so we can provide good hospitality toward our guest.

There are many Hebrew words that I would enjoy learning more about.

Force of habit to call it the Old Testament and PUMBA2 I meant no disrespect to you. I put this together today so everyone can understand the Tanakh/Mikra (Hebrew Bible). If there are any mistakes please correct me.

Books of the Tanakh/Mikra (Hebrew Bible) divided into three parts:

1. Torah/Pentateuch (teaching) five books:

Bereishit - Genesis
Shemot - Exodus
Vayikra - Leviticus
Bemidbr - Numbers
Devarim - Deuteronomy

2. Neviim (prophets) eight books divided into two groups:

Former Prophets (Neviim Rishonim)
Yehoshua - Joshua,
Shophtim - Judges,
Shmuel - Samuel,
Mlakhim - Kings

Latter Prophets (Neviim Aharonim)
Yeshaayauh -Isaiah
Yirmyahu - Jeremiah
Yekhezqiel - Ezekiel

Twelve Minor Prophets
Hoshea (Hosea), Yoel (Joel), Ovadhyah (Obadiah), Yonah (Jonah), Mikhah (Micah), Khavhakuk (Habakkuk), Tsephanyah (Zephaniah), Khaggai(Haggai), Zkharyah (Zechariah), Malakhi (Malachi)

3. Ketuvim (writings) eleven books divided into three subgroups:

The three poetic books
Tehillim (Psalms), Mishlei (Proverbs), Lyyobh (Job)

The Five Megillot/Hamesh
Megillot Shir Hashirim (Song of Solomon), Ruth, Eikhah (Lamentations), Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes), Ester (Esther)

Other Books: Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah, Divei ha-Yamim (Chronicles)

Hebrew Bible - en.m.wikipedia.org

Force of habit to call it the Old Testament and PUMBA2 I meant no disrespect to you. I put this together today so everyone can understand the Tanakh/Mikra (Hebrew Bible). If there are any mistakes please correct me.

Bereishit - Genesis
Shemot - Exodus
Vayikra - Leviticus
Bemidbr - Numbers
Devarim - Deuteronomy

Yehoshua - Joshua,
Shophtim - Judges,
Shmuel - Samuel,
Mlakhim - Kings

Yeshaayauh -Isaiah
Yirmyahu - Jeremiah
Yekhezqiel - Ezekiel

Twelve Minor Prophets
Hoshea (Hosea), Yoel (Joel), Ovadhyah (Obadiah), Yonah (Jonah), Mikhah (Micah), Khavhakuk (Habakkuk), Tsephanyah (Zephaniah), Khaggai(Haggai), Zkharyah (Zechariah), Malakhi (Malachi)

The three poetic books

The Five Megillot/Hamesh
Megillot Shir Hashirim (Song of Solomon), Ruth, Eikhah (Lamentations), Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes), Ester (Esther)

Nice! Thanks!

hello. the meaning of the word korban is really secrify. I don't know the origination, but I can gess that it's conenected to קרביים karbaim means stomach. the korban was always for food, sometimes for the god as it was totally burn or part of it, and sometimes for the people who were eating it after the secrifations. it is also similair to the word קרב or קרוב, which means battle and close accrodingly. as the battle is full of blood, as well is the korban.

My understanding of korban (kawrbuh, qorban, corban) is that it is a kosher animal sacrifice for various types of offerings that underwent shechita (Jewish ritual slaughter) among the ancient Hebrews offered up to God. Other offerings also included grain, meal, wine or incense for whatever the type of offering that was given to God.

I had never said that you need to wait for god to come, but wait for the messiah to come. that does'nt mean that we should not behave better because the messiah didn't come yet.

Whether we being Christians that believe in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus or the many Jew that are still waiting for Messiah our common ground is having faith in God and walking in love for one another.

Being this is a Christian forum we will speak to you and others about our belief and faith in Jesus in whom God sent to us, but not to force you or anyone into believing, but to only give that of what and how we believe as we discuss and share the scriptures with each other in the unity of love for one another. I do hope you share with us the Jewish concepts as we can learn from each other.

Bereishit - Genesis
Shemot - Exodus
Vayikra - Leviticus
Bemidbr - Numbers
Devarim - Deuteronomy

Yehoshua - Joshua,
Shophtim - Judges,
Shmuel - Samuel,
Mlakhim - Kings

Yeshaayauh -Isaiah
Yirmyahu - Jeremiah
Yekhezqiel - Ezekiel

Twelve Minor Prophets

The three poetic books

The Five Megillot/Hamesh

you absolutly right but the book "bamidbar" is divided into 3 books. so traditionally we say there are 7 books. you can open a bible and see that in book bamidbar 35 ] {ס} לה וַיְהִי בִּנְסֹעַ הָאָרֹן וַיֹּאמֶר מֹשֶׁה, קוּמָה יְהוָה וְיָפֻצוּ אֹיְבֶיךָ וְיָנֻסוּ מְשַׂנְאֶיךָ מִפָּנֶיךָ. לו וּבְנֻחֹה יֹאמַר, שׁוּבָה יְהוָה רִבְבוֹת אַלְפֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל. {ס} ] this part is separated from the other book by "נ" letters. so everything before it is 1 book, this is diffrent book, and everything after it is another book. in total 3 books. in the talmud saying that in the messiah days this book will get its right place in the total story.

you absolutly right but the book "bamidbar" is divided into 3 books. so traditionally we say there are 7 books. you can open a bible and see that in book bamidbar 35 ] {ס} לה וַיְהִי בִּנְסֹעַ הָאָרֹן וַיֹּאמֶר מֹשֶׁה, קוּמָה יְהוָה וְיָפֻצוּ אֹיְבֶיךָ וְיָנֻסוּ מְשַׂנְאֶיךָ מִפָּנֶיךָ. לו וּבְנֻחֹה יֹאמַר, שׁוּבָה יְהוָה רִבְבוֹת אַלְפֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל. {ס} ] this part is separated from the other book by "נ" letters. so everything before it is 1 book, this is diffrent book, and everything after it is another book. in total 3 books. in the talmud saying that in the messiah days this book will get its right place in the total story.
That's fascinating! Thank you for that tidbit.
I have only read Bamidbar. I have not studied it. One day I hope to.

Twelve Minor Prophets
Mikhah (Micah),

Some people are waiting for there messiah, the ruler over Israel, who is from the ancient of days, who will be born in the city of Bethlehem.

Micah 5:2

Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Jesus also said "before Abraham was I am".

How are these two verses translated in Aramic?. Maybe our friend Jonathan can answer.

Last edited:
Back