Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Great Apostasy in the Church.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Apostasy is defined as a total desertion of or departure from one’s religion, principles, party, cause.” [1. Definition of Apostasy..] In Christian circles, it carries an even stronger connotation of not being a true believer. So what apostasy means is to fall away from the truth. Therefore, an apostate is someone who has once believed and then rejected the truth of God. Apostasy is a rebellion against God because it is a rebellion against truth and falling away from the truth we are given in Gods Word. We have been warned in prophecy that this would happen in the church, and it did happen.

2 Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If there is indeed an apostasy occurring in the church, how would we know it unless we first examined the Bible closely and then compared it. But what if the church took away and forbid Gods Word as happened. So how was this able to get in and bring such great apostasy into what Christ and the Apostles brought up with such care. It was through subtle and secret changes, done with evil discipline to hide the apostasy that they brought in slowly, so few would notice.

I was doing a study on the Greeks and how they picked up and passed on to the Romans the ancient Babylonian sun gods and system of worship, when I came across a interesting sermon that really hit the issue of the apostasy in the church dead center.

'...Pope is a shortened title for Pontifex Maximus. In Greek it means father. The Pontifex Maximus (meaning king of sacrifices or servant to the triads, as well as the "greatest bridge-maker between the gods and men") was the high priest of the College of Pontiffs (Collegium Pontificum) in ancient Rome. It's a pagan title that was incorporated from the Etruscan-Latin polytheistic culture (700 BC) who lived before the Romans. These early people (just like the Romans) had built great temples to the gods and goddess of the day. They also had a pagan triad. Eventually the Etruscans were conquered by Rome.

The title Pontifex Maximus (Pope) is mentioned numerous times by the early Catholic Church fathers (especially by Tertullian), but it was not applied to a Catholic bishop until much later on. The early Catholics said that the Pontifex Maximus was the "King of Heathendom," the evil high priest of the pagan mystery religion of Rome. This post was the most important position in the ancient Roman religion. A distinctly religious office under the early Roman Republic, it gradually became politicized until, beginning with Augustus, it was subsumed into the Imperial office. It's last use with reference to the emperors is in inscriptions of Gratian (reigned 375-383). He was then urged by the Catholic bishops to renounce the cultic Roman title, and instead grant it to their exalted leading bishop over Rome.

Pontifex Maximus is a name that's being used by the Roman Catholic Church clergy today. Though it may be abbreviated into Pope or Papa, yet it's clearly a title incorporated directly from paganism. Interesting to note that the all the pagan pontiffs or popes held that office for life. Exactly like the Catholics Popes. And their cult members met and elected a successor, who after his election became the next Pope or Pontifex Maximus (Dionys. II.22, 73). Just like the election held by the Catholic Church cardinals to choose a new Pope. The Pontifex Maximus was the guardian of the Vestal virgins. The Roman Catholic Church has simply named them Nuns instead. Many historians agree that the idea for the powers of the pope with the College of Cardinals came from the Pagan College of Pontiffs with its Sovereign Pontiff which had no doubt been in Rome from the earliest times, and must have been framed on the order of the original Council of Pontiffs at Babylon. It's also obvious to any historian that while the Catholics have called themselves Christians, they more closely resemble the ancient pagans both in customs and names. Pope Gregory I (601 AD) said in so many words literally, "We must compromise with the pagans in order to further Christianity."...'
http://www.upublish.info/Article/The-Pope--Pontifex-Maximus-/693298

By the time of Emperor Constantine, the Christian religion received imperial sanction and the bishop of Rome became more than just another bishop, and brought in a system of worship from another origin than Christianity, in a apostasy that prophecy foretold.

Catholicism is Paganism.

The days are prophetic years as it goes over in the study, and began in 538 as it describes. Let me see if I can find a more comprehensive one that explains even better, will check to see what I come across.
I would offer. No such thing as prophetic years. Prophecy comes from all things written in the law and prophets (the finger of God) The eternal word is not subject to temporal time restraints under the sun. . as oral traditions of dying mankind .

We are warned not to be as those of the literal number, comparing oral tradition to oral traditions

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

The thing is, Sunday worship or the first day is also paganism, and many are starting to take note..

Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.
1 Corinthians 16:1-2

When does your church take up offerings during your gatherings?

Saturday or Sunsay?

The thing is, Sunday worship or the first day is also paganism, and many are starting to take note..
Your link finds nothing wrong with first day of the week worship :chin .

Clip from link .

"All of Christendom (Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant) views the Lord’s Day as Sunday—commemorating Jesus Christ’s bodily resurrection that took place on the first day of the week. The majority of New Testament scholars see Sunday as a day of worship honoring Christ’s resurrection. Thus, viewing Sunday as the Lord’s Day distinguishes historic Christian observance from traditional Judaism. People may keep the Sabbath on the seventh day out of conscience (see Romans 14), but Seventh-day Sabbatarianism is an outlier position in Christian theology.

Christ’s resurrection happened on a so-called “pagan day,” but because of the resurrection many Christians call it (Sunday) the Lord’s Day. For historic Christians, every single Sunday (52 days a year) commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Again according to historic Christianity, none of the days are pagan because all days have been dedicated to God who is the Creator of the world."

I challenge everyone to quote just ONE verse of end time prophecy that clearly points to Rome. Apostasy has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Church or Christians.

If it wouldn't be for the John MacArthur's etc. of the world pushing this unbiblical Roman connection...and if Christians would only do their OWN homework - maybe people wouldn't be so prophetically inept.

I challenge everyone to quote just ONE verse of end time prophecy that clearly points to Rome. Apostasy has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Church or Christians.

If it wouldn't be for the John MacArthur's etc. of the world pushing this unbiblical Roman connection...and if Christians would only do their OWN homework - maybe people wouldn't be so prophetically inept.
There are many arguments that the RCC is the Whore of Babylon, based on prophecy and history, but I'll give you one commonly referenced verse:

Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. (Revelation 17:9)

Rome is known as the city of seven hills.

There are many arguments that the RCC is the Whore of Babylon, based on prophecy and history, but I'll give you one commonly referenced verse:

Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. (Revelation 17:9)

Rome is known as the city of seven hills.
Why would I want to participate in a forum where some call me PAGAN for being Catholic? We are your brothers and sisters! The whore of Babylon is situated in the desert big guy. Rome does not reside in the desert. The word 'wilderness' is a DESERT WILDERNESS and Rome is NOT a city of seven hills!

The desert.
In Revelation 17 John is taken by the Spirit into the wilderness which is better translated "the desert," to be shown the judgment of the great whore (Islam). The Desert is where Mecca and Medina reside.

Many interpreters speculate this woman is Rome but Rome doesn't reside in the desert. Islam has been called "the desert religion." The birthplace of Babylon the Great and the Whore of Babylon is in the desert of Arabia a place called Mecca and Medina, called the Glory of Kedar in the OT.

Evidence against Rome...
The city of seven hills...
City of seven MOUNTAINS...

Rome IS NOT a city of seven 'mountains.'

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Some translations use the word HILL. The text uses the word 'oros' and its meaning is better translated 'mountain' NOT HILL. Rome does not sit on seven mountains! It doesn't even sit on seven hills! There are seven hills on the East side of the Tiber River. 'Vatican Hill' sits on the west side of the Tiber. THAT MAKES 8 HILLS TOTAL! AND! The word 'hills' is an incorrect translation. OROS IS A MOUNTAIN NOT HILL! The 7 hills on the east side of the Tiber, are too small to be designated as 'mountains'. Strong's specifically states that a hill is lower than a mountain. Rome's seven hills are so small, typically between 200 to 500 feet, and appear as 'little nubs' when viewed from a distance.

The city of seven mountains is Jerusalem.

"Babylon must sit on or occupy seven mountains, and I believe those mountains are the seven mountains that surround Jerusalem."

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore, the psalmist writes. (Psalm 125:2)
These mountains are Mount Zion (southwest, 2558 ft.),
Mount Gareb (west, 2518 ft.), Mount Scopus (north,
2724 ft.) Mount of Olives (east, 2641 ft.
Mount of Offense (southeast, 2411 ft.)
Mount of Evil Counsel
(south, 2548 ft.) and at the center,
Mount Moriah (the temple mount, 2556 ft.)
Jerusalem is the only city on planet earth that God has personnally deemed as His own, and upon it there now stands an abomination called, "The Dome of the Rock."

The Old City of Jerusalem - God's ONLY personally claimed piece of real estate on earth - becomes the harlot after the anti-Christ unites a coalition of Islamic nations to take out Israel and proclaims himself as god in the Dome of the rock or al-Aqsa mosque.

Evidence against Rome...

BABYLON THE GREAT
Babylon can only be associated with a few things. Confusion, Literal Babylon, and false religion. Babylon is NOT ROME!

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The woman and the beast.

The woman is Islam and it's terror network of jihadist. The beast is a coming 10/7 alliance of nations dominated by the religion of Islam, who gave birth to the ideology of receiving up to 70 virgins in paradise for committing the abominations of the earth. What more could a harlot do for its fanatical adherents than to offer them a mansion with as many as 70 bedrooms with a virgin in each one for committing the abominations of the earth? The number of virgins they get is dependent upon the magnitude of the abomination they commit. You kill 40 people in a suicide blast - you get 40 virgins! DONE!

The words "sit upon" mean to occupy or have a fixed abode. This means that the Islamic harlot, i.e. Babylon the Great SIMPLY IMPLIES A LARGE FALSE RELIGION - Islam - the religion of the coming 10/7 Mid-East Islamic alliance of nations called a Caliphate.

The anti-Christ is NOT a global dictator. He unites the Mid-East Arab Islamic world and comes against Israel. A global dictator MAY BE mentioned in Daniel,(and elsewhere) but he is NOT the anti-Christ.

Evidence against Rome...

Blasphemy
The prophecy experts would like you to believe that this harlot is either the so-called apostate church, a unification of the world's religions, the Pope, Rome, the USA, or the EU. AND they teach that the beast is a global dictator ruling a one world government.

Islam is the most blasphemous and anti-Christ religion on earth.

Around the octagonal structure of the Dome of the Rock is a long classical Arabic inscription that says that God has no begotten son, thus denying that Jesus is the Son of God.

Inscriptions on the octagonal structure of the Dome are anti-Christ. They say...

- There is no God but Allah.
- God has no son; He begetteth not.
- God taketh not unto Himself a son.
- God has no associate.
- Muhammad is the messenger of God.
- Allah will preside on Judgment Day.

A more accurate interpretation of verse 5 is....
ISLAM, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF JIHADIST AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Again - why would I want to participate in e forum where its members call me pagan and a church that believes in Jesus' virgin birth, his life, miracles, crucifixion, burial, resurrection, and ascension? WHY? And where is that ONE verse I asked for? I won't last here if people continue to crap on Catholicism.

You folks have no idea what you're doing.

Last edited:
When will Christians realize that apostasy has NOTHING to do with Christianity?

It has been a matter of debate among Bible scholars for centuries whether this verse refers to an apostasy among those who once followed God, or a general worldwide rebellion. I'm not sure but Paul may have two things in mind. One by the general population and the other by terrorism. We saw quite a round of riots - revolts and rebellion that took place after the last election. I think after the next election it's going to be even worse. Couple that with terrorism and voila - you have the prophesied apostasy! Apostasy has absolutely NOTHING to do with Christianity. BUT - Christians love to demonize their own - that's how they build themselves up!

Papyri documents that were written in the 3rd century and found during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries are a group of manuscripts that used the word APOSTASY politically of rebels.

Most Christians do NOT know what apostasy is and that's because of what they are taught. Christianity is the only World Religion that has the incorrect understanding of APOSTASY.

Other World Religions view apostasy as 'ABANDONING THEIR FORMER POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION AND ACCEPTING ANOTHER or as a revolt and a rebellion as well as a total abandonment of a previous affiliation.

This is the web definition of apostasy.
Apostasy - (noun) 1. The act of abandoning a party or cause.
2. The state of having rejected your religious beliefs, political party, cause or sports team in favor of opposing beliefs, causes or teams.
3. A defection, renunciation, disaffiliation, abandonment or revolt from a previous association.
4. (Islamic definition) Rejection in word or deed of one's former religion.
5. (Christian definition) To fall away from the truth.

It's a political or religious revolt just like what's taking place in the Arab Islamic world today,

I've read and pondered verse 3 and I do believe it has NOTHING to do with Christians and the Church.

Verse 3 shows no indication this implies the Church. It shows the opposite.

From the word 'except' to the end of verse 12, the church IS NOT implied in any way. In fact the words "BUT WE" in verse 13 prove that Christians (the church) is not part of the apostasy! "The word 'but' is a conjunction that shows distinction and opposition to a previous statement. It opposes persons to persons or things previously mentioned or thought of. The distinction in this passage is between the Parousia and the followers of Christ as opposed to the man of sin and his followers. The church is not implied whatsoever."

Bible scholars like John MacArthur, David Jermiah, Hal Lindsey, and a host of others are an abomination to the Lord because they attribute this to the APOSTATE Church and esp. Catholicism. (There is no such thing as the apostate Church) They demonized God's Church and Christians have fallen for it because Christians believe these EXPERTS. They think they're the ones in the KNOW so they accept their teachings line, hook, and sinker.

"The secret power of lawlessness; the lawless one; whom the Lord Jesus will destroy; counterfeit signs, miracles, and wonders; every sort of evil that deceives those who "are perishing"; who refuse to love the truth and so be saved; and delight in wickedness; and God sends them powerful delusion so that they will believe a lie! "

Does the passage sound like the Church? Why would God send His own Christians powerful delusion? To attribute this to the end-time church is blasphemy and say's nothing good about the power of God's Holy Spirit whom He says He will pour out in the last days! To teach that this is the kind of thing God's church will support in the last day's is blasphemy. Why would anybody want to convert to Christ knowing that the church teaches it goes bad, accepts and produces the man of sin, becomes an end-time harlot. This is self-demonization.

Why would I want to participate in a forum where some call me PAGAN for being Catholic? We are your brothers and sisters! The whore of Babylon is situated in the desert big guy. Rome does not reside in the desert. The word 'wilderness' is a DESERT WILDERNESS and Rome is NOT a city of seven hills!

The desert.
In Revelation 17 John is taken by the Spirit into the wilderness which is better translated "the desert," to be shown the judgment of the great whore (Islam). The Desert is where Mecca and Medina reside.

Many interpreters speculate this woman is Rome but Rome doesn't reside in the desert. Islam has been called "the desert religion." The birthplace of Babylon the Great and the Whore of Babylon is in the desert of Arabia a place called Mecca and Medina, called the Glory of Kedar in the OT.

Evidence against Rome...
The city of seven hills...
City of seven MOUNTAINS...

Rome IS NOT a city of seven 'mountains.'

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Some translations use the word HILL. The text uses the word 'oros' and its meaning is better translated 'mountain' NOT HILL. Rome does not sit on seven mountains! It doesn't even sit on seven hills! There are seven hills on the East side of the Tiber River. 'Vatican Hill' sits on the west side of the Tiber. THAT MAKES 8 HILLS TOTAL! AND! The word 'hills' is an incorrect translation. OROS IS A MOUNTAIN NOT HILL! The 7 hills on the east side of the Tiber, are too small to be designated as 'mountains'. Strong's specifically states that a hill is lower than a mountain. Rome's seven hills are so small, typically between 200 to 500 feet, and appear as 'little nubs' when viewed from a distance.

The city of seven mountains is Jerusalem.

"Babylon must sit on or occupy seven mountains, and I believe those mountains are the seven mountains that surround Jerusalem."

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore, the psalmist writes. (Psalm 125:2)
These mountains are Mount Zion (southwest, 2558 ft.),
Mount Gareb (west, 2518 ft.), Mount Scopus (north,
2724 ft.) Mount of Olives (east, 2641 ft.
Mount of Offense (southeast, 2411 ft.)
Mount of Evil Counsel
(south, 2548 ft.) and at the center,
Mount Moriah (the temple mount, 2556 ft.)
Jerusalem is the only city on planet earth that God has personnally deemed as His own, and upon it there now stands an abomination called, "The Dome of the Rock."

The Old City of Jerusalem - God's ONLY personally claimed piece of real estate on earth - becomes the harlot after the anti-Christ unites a coalition of Islamic nations to take out Israel and proclaims himself as god in the Dome of the rock or al-Aqsa mosque.

Evidence against Rome...

BABYLON THE GREAT
Babylon can only be associated with a few things. Confusion, Literal Babylon, and false religion. Babylon is NOT ROME!

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The woman and the beast.

The woman is Islam and it's terror network of jihadist. The beast is a coming 10/7 alliance of nations dominated by the religion of Islam, who gave birth to the ideology of receiving up to 70 virgins in paradise for committing the abominations of the earth. What more could a harlot do for its fanatical adherents than to offer them a mansion with as many as 70 bedrooms with a virgin in each one for committing the abominations of the earth? The number of virgins they get is dependent upon the magnitude of the abomination they commit. You kill 40 people in a suicide blast - you get 40 virgins! DONE!

The words "sit upon" mean to occupy or have a fixed abode. This means that the Islamic harlot, i.e. Babylon the Great SIMPLY IMPLIES A LARGE FALSE RELIGION - Islam - the religion of the coming 10/7 Mid-East Islamic alliance of nations called a Caliphate.

The anti-Christ is NOT a global dictator. He unites the Mid-East Arab Islamic world and comes against Israel. A global dictator MAY BE mentioned in Daniel,(and elsewhere) but he is NOT the anti-Christ.

Evidence against Rome...

Blasphemy
The prophecy experts would like you to believe that this harlot is either the so-called apostate church, a unification of the world's religions, the Pope, Rome, the USA, or the EU. AND they teach that the beast is a global dictator ruling a one world government.

Islam is the most blasphemous and anti-Christ religion on earth.

Around the octagonal structure of the Dome of the Rock is a long classical Arabic inscription that says that God has no begotten son, thus denying that Jesus is the Son of God.

Inscriptions on the octagonal structure of the Dome are anti-Christ. They say...

- There is no God but Allah.
- God has no son; He begetteth not.
- God taketh not unto Himself a son.
- God has no associate.
- Muhammad is the messenger of God.
- Allah will preside on Judgment Day.

A more accurate interpretation of verse 5 is....
ISLAM, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF JIHADIST AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Again - why would I want to participate in e forum where its members call me pagan and a church that believes in Jesus' virgin birth, his life, miracles, crucifixion, burial, resurrection, and ascension? WHY? And where is that ONE verse I asked for? I won't last here if people continue to crap on Catholicism.

You folks have no idea what you're doing.
I know Catholic believers who I think truly love our Lord.
The mother is the first harlot. It isn't about one group, race, or denomination.
Like the "wheat and tares" parable they grow together in the same field until harvest.

The "strong delusion" icomes from false teaching and has permeated congregations worldwide.

A FALLING AWAY FIRST While Men Slept?​

Galatians 1:11-17; But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. And I advanced in Judaism, beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His son in that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

II Corinthians 4:1-6; Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handing the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. But even if our gospel is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shown in our heart to give light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

THE AGE TO COME

Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Ephesians 2: 1 - 3 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

II Thessalonians 2: 3; Let no man deceive you by any means: for that the day shall not come, except there come a falling away first.

I Peter 4: 17; and if it first being at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Matthew 24:1 -28. Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

Revelation 2:18 - 29. And unto the Spirit of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath His eyes like fire, and His feet are like fine brass; I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works, and the last to be more than the first. Nevertheless, I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants unto idols. And, I gave her space to repent of Her fornication; and she repented not.

Behold, I will cast Her into a bed, and them commit adultery with Her into great tribulation, except they rent of their deeds. And I will kill Her children with death;

Revelation 2:11. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 21:8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will put upon you according to your works. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths Of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nation: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I will give him the morning star. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

John 3: 10 – 21, 27 – 36: Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so, must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

A man can receive nothing, except it be given to him from heaven.
Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy, therefore, is fulfilled.
He must increase, but I must decrease.
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
The Father loveth the Son and hath given all things into his hand.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Apostasy is defined as a total desertion of or departure from one’s religion, principles, party, cause.” [1. Definition of Apostasy..] In Christian circles, it carries an even stronger connotation of not being a true believer. So what apostasy means is to fall away from the truth. Therefore, an apostate is someone who has once believed and then rejected the truth of God. Apostasy is a rebellion against God because it is a rebellion against truth and falling away from the truth we are given in Gods Word. We have been warned in prophecy that this would happen in the church, and it did happen.

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If there is indeed an apostasy occurring in the church, how would we know it unless we first examined the Bible closely and then compared it. But what if the church took away and forbid Gods Word as happened. So how was this able to get in and bring such great apostasy into what Christ and the Apostles brought up with such care. It was through subtle and secret changes, done with evil discipline to hide the apostasy that they brought in slowly, so few would notice.

I was doing a study on the Greeks and how they picked up and passed on to the Romans the ancient Babylonian sun gods and system of worship, when I came across a interesting sermon that really hit the issue of the apostasy in the church dead center.

'...Pope is a shortened title for Pontifex Maximus. In Greek it means father. The Pontifex Maximus (meaning king of sacrifices or servant to the triads, as well as the "greatest bridge-maker between the gods and men") was the high priest of the College of Pontiffs (Collegium Pontificum) in ancient Rome. It's a pagan title that was incorporated from the Etruscan-Latin polytheistic culture (700 BC) who lived before the Romans. These early people (just like the Romans) had built great temples to the gods and goddess of the day. They also had a pagan triad. Eventually the Etruscans were conquered by Rome.

The title Pontifex Maximus (Pope) is mentioned numerous times by the early Catholic Church fathers (especially by Tertullian), but it was not applied to a Catholic bishop until much later on. The early Catholics said that the Pontifex Maximus was the "King of Heathendom," the evil high priest of the pagan mystery religion of Rome. This post was the most important position in the ancient Roman religion. A distinctly religious office under the early Roman Republic, it gradually became politicized until, beginning with Augustus, it was subsumed into the Imperial office. It's last use with reference to the emperors is in inscriptions of Gratian (reigned 375-383). He was then urged by the Catholic bishops to renounce the cultic Roman title, and instead grant it to their exalted leading bishop over Rome.

Pontifex Maximus is a name that's being used by the Roman Catholic Church clergy today. Though it may be abbreviated into Pope or Papa, yet it's clearly a title incorporated directly from paganism. Interesting to note that the all the pagan pontiffs or popes held that office for life. Exactly like the Catholics Popes. And their cult members met and elected a successor, who after his election became the next Pope or Pontifex Maximus (Dionys. II.22, 73). Just like the election held by the Catholic Church cardinals to choose a new Pope. The Pontifex Maximus was the guardian of the Vestal virgins. The Roman Catholic Church has simply named them Nuns instead. Many historians agree that the idea for the powers of the pope with the College of Cardinals came from the Pagan College of Pontiffs with its Sovereign Pontiff which had no doubt been in Rome from the earliest times, and must have been framed on the order of the original Council of Pontiffs at Babylon. It's also obvious to any historian that while the Catholics have called themselves Christians, they more closely resemble the ancient pagans both in customs and names. Pope Gregory I (601 AD) said in so many words literally, "We must compromise with the pagans in order to further Christianity."...'

By the time of Emperor Constantine, the Christian religion received imperial sanction and the bishop of Rome became more than just another bishop, and brought in a system of worship from another origin than Christianity, in a apostasy that prophecy foretold.
I won't comment on too much of what you said as they are examples of apostasy you've mentioned. However, I came across some folks (I'll call them) who teach that the Lord is trying to bring the church back from Babylon. From the beginning of time, it was Satan vs God and who will have the Kingdom. So they showed examples of Babylon in the Old Testament (e.g. Semiramis, Nimrod and Tammuz and even the Christmas tree), Babylon in Judaism as some people (e.g. Edomites) wanted to join the Jews throughout history, so some of their interpretation of the Scriptures has Babylon in them, and all the way to the church over the ages. The theme is "Come out of her my people". Thankfully, they are forgiving and believe the Lord is doing a wonderful work, not like some churches who "came out" and thus it's "our way or the highway" which encourages sectarianism - but a call to all people across Christendom claiming to be Christian. I agree. They are big on relating each Hebrew calendar month to one of the tribes and lessons each month teaches - the feast days of the Lord are thus observed in place of traditional so-called Christian holidays which have no basis in Scripture. They warn about the mixture in our faith that's not right. But oh, tradition dies hard, doesn't it? Can you imagine any church giving up Lent (give up Lent for Lent LOL) but in place of Lent the 6th month of introspection and repentance before the Lord Came in the 7th month (that in lieu of Christmas)? They would have to admit they were wrong and start all over, thus destroying the institution. My take is this is going to be more of a personal departing of Babylon, and perhaps what I've been advocating for a long time: home churches. People like the folks I met would act as modern day apostles so-to-speak and even encourage the groups the way the original apostles did. So as I am not misunderstood, I'm not saying they would have more authority but rather as guides and overseers. I think the Bible made it clear the time for Scripture writing and apostolic authority is over other than post-humously with the Bible itself being their writings and one's prophets and apostles.

Look, I don't care about labels and I don't judge anybody by their labels, but here're a few litmus tests that separate the wheats from the tares :

Is the universe created by God?
Is mankind sinful in nature?
Is marriage between a man and a woman?
Is the bible the highest authority?
Is Jesus the only way to God?

If you equivocate on any of these, add contents or twist definitions, then pagan would be a fair assessment. If you can give a clear and resounding yes to all these, and condemn anybody who does equivocates, adds contents or twists definitions, then you're truly my brother - or sister.

This sounds a lot like the coming of Donald Trump to me.The type of man that them who fall away wants to lead them.A man who believes he is like God.

2Tim 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Tim 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

The Pope claims to have inherited the title Pontifex Maximus (Pontiff) directly from Babylon. Another title is Vicarius Filii Dei meaning in the place of God as he calls himself the Holy Father and the only one who can forgive sin, Matthew 23:9.

The beast rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. This beast is the Jesuit Luciferians with their headquarters in the Church of Gesu in Rome that is in close proximity to the Vatican. The Pontifex Maximus (Pope) god king religious system is who Satan gives his seat and authority to. Rome had total control from 538 AD to 1798 which equals 1260 years that equal time, times and a half time as once again history will repeat itself in the annihilation of Gods anointed during the end of days.

What was, was Roman rule from 538 AD with Emperor Justinian’s decree and under the military protection of Belisarius until the deadly wound, was not, came in 1798 by General Berthier who made his entrance into Rome and abolished the Roman government and established a secular one. This was the time when Rome persecuted the Christians and killed them which were approximately 500 million people slain for the cause of their faith in Jesus. In 1801 Napoleon made an agreement with Pope Pius II establishing Napoleon’s Organic Articles of granting the Tribunal and the Corps legislative partial control of the concordat in order to help the state monitor any politically harmful Catholic or Protestant movements or activities. The wound was largely healed in 1929 when Mussolini gave the Vatican back to the Pope and established it as a country in it's own right in the Lateran Treaty.

What was and was not and yet to come has always been the Roman Empire that has always persecuted Gods chosen from the foundation of the world whose names is found written in the Lambs book of life. The beast out of the sea is the revived Roman Empire as its deadly wound is now healed as we see in John’s vision as Satan gives this beast his power, seat and great authority. They, being those whose names are not found written in the Lambs book of life bow down to Satan and the beast (Roman Catholic Pontifex Maximus universal religious system) as they are deceived in having no truth or understanding found in them as they are lead about like a bull with a ring in its nose as they bow down to the pagan authority of the Pope, Hosea 4:6, 7; 2 Thessalonians 2:3.

Here is the patience and the faith of the saints as they wait upon the Lords return. They will have to wholeheartedly draw on the Lords strength without hindrance while enduring the last battle of Papal Rome’s persecution against them as Satan continues to try and silence the word of God using the present Satanic Jesuit Priesthood religious system, Matthew 24:9-13. Here we see history repeating itself like the Inquisition and annihilation of the saints of God between 538 AD and 1798 with its inhuman torture chambers and burning people alive because they had Bibles in their possession as they were now enlightened with truth and would not conform to the Roman Catholic Pontifex Maximus religious system anymore.

Let us not forget also the Crusaders from 1095 through 1291 who indiscriminately would wipe out whole villages in their path as they traveled toward Jerusalem, for their so called holy wars and the great annihilation of the Jews under Hitler’s reign from 1941 through 1945 killing over six million Jews and burning Bibles written in other languages so the Papacy could retain control teaching their heresies, 2 Peter 3:15-18. Papal Rome will continue to persecute those to death who will not conform to their idealistic heresies, but once they kill the body what more can they do, Luke 12:4, 5.

I would offer. No such thing as prophetic years. Prophecy comes from all things written in the law and prophets (the finger of God) The eternal word is not subject to temporal time restraints under the sun. . as oral traditions of dying mankind .

We are warned not to be as those of the literal number, comparing oral tradition to oral traditions

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
Yes, but when Christ uses it, then you have to pay attention...
Luke 13:32
And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

Back