Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Holy Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Squeakybro

HOLY SPIRIT
FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Rev 2:29 (MILK & MEAT)
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
2 Tim 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Phil 1:9-11
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
2 Cor 9:10
10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Matt 3:8
8 "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
Col 1:5-6
5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
6 which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;
Gal 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (MILK)
1 Cor 12:4-11
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
1 Cor 13:9-13
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor 14:20
20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
Heb 5:12-14
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
(NKJ)
VOICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (MEAT)
John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
1 Cor 14:10-12
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Gal 5:17-18
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
(NKJ)

xxxThe milk is about 3 to 4 years long, and in that time you should know that the Holy Spirit is in you. There are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and you will receive one or more of them gifts as evidence that the Holy Spirit is in you. Then when you are sure, the Holy Spirit will take you into the meat of the Word one verse at a time. You should know what love is by this time. The milk took you to love and the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit will lead you with that love as the first step in the meat. And the Holy Spirit will lead you inside yourself with that love, to crucify the flesh(feelings & emotions)(unclean spirits). And this should last for atleast 11 years.

IMO, The Holy Spirit is the power of God, not a third person.

You Have A Right To Your Opinion

You have a right to your opinion. And to understand that Spirit are beings but not persons. Humans are persons. And I'm sorry we cant agree. But the revelation I posted was from the Holy Spirit and He does only quote the Word of God(verses). Now because I know Him on a personal basis, its easy for me to believe the Word. But with you it seems different. Now if I can help in any way let me know. I have been receiving these revelations for over 15 years and I have received over 1500 of them on any given subject. I will be happy to share them with you. So if you decide on a subject let me know. But know this because you can check every verse in your own bible, that the revelation is straight from the Word of God. Not hear say like alot of these hypocrites out there.

Squeakybro said:
xxxThe milk is about 3 to 4 years long, and in that time you should know that the Holy Spirit is in you. There are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and you will receive one or more of them gifts as evidence that the Holy Spirit is in you. Then when you are sure, the Holy Spirit will take you into the meat of the Word one verse at a time. You should know what love is by this time. The milk took you to love and the Holy Spirit. Now the Holy Spirit will lead you with that love as the first step in the meat. And the Holy Spirit will lead you inside yourself with that love, to crucify the flesh(feelings & emotions)(unclean spirits). And this should last for atleast 11 years.

Hi there!

:angel:

I see that you have set a timetable for mankind to learn your revelations. That certainly isn't God's timetable, but one which you have created to measure other people.

The apostle John teachs that we are to walk in the light as we are given the light. Salvation is a spiritual journey and the steps are different for each person as God leads them, and not as man dictates the walk to be.

I don't believe in corporate progressive revelation. If God has given you new revelation, then that revelation is for you alone. The Bible gives us a finished product in the plan of salvation. ... but thanks for sharing.

~serapha~

Re: You Have A Right To Your Opinion

Squeakybro said:
I will be happy to share them with you. So if you decide on a subject let me know. But know this because you can check every verse in your own bible, that the revelation is straight from the Word of God. Not hear say like alot of these hypocrites out there.

Hi there!

:angel:

Care to share John 1:1?

~serapha~

Exaggeration

you said
I see that you have set a timetable for mankind to learn your revelations. That certainly isn't God's timetable, but one which you have created to measure other people.

I said
That is an exaggeration. There not my revelations. And its not my time table. All I'm doing is sharing what the Holy Spirit has led me to. The revelations of Jesus Christ. The way you look at things with your exaggerations explains why you cant see the truth in the Word of God through the revelations.

Gifts of the Spirit

• "Love never fails;
    but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away;
    if there are tongues, they will cease;
    if there is knowledge, it will be done away." 1 Corinthians 13:8 NASU/emphasis supplied

'Love' and 'gifts' are not the same! The 'Love of God' is eternal -- 'gifts' -- 'will cease'.
Squeakybro: There are 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and you will receive one or more of them gifts as evidence that the Holy Spirit is in you.

Numbers 22-24 -- Balaam, in the Old Testament received the "gift" of prophecy.

1 Samuel 19:23,24 The "Spirit of God" came upon Saul, and he prophesied.

The 'fruits' of the Spirit and the 'gifts' of the Spirit are not the same.
"Gifts' -- prophecy, tongues, knowledge, are a work the 'spirit', but are not evidence of salvation.

Matt 3:8 "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
Squeakybro -- quote from you -- may it be your support.
Faith is a 'fruit of the spirit' Galatians 5:23

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 KJV
Faith is a 'fruit' = 'evidence' of salvation.

........Restin

????????

I dont see a point for your post. Help me out here and tell me what your trying to say.

Rejoice in the record in Heaven!

Squeakybro said:
I dont see a point for your post. Help me out here and tell me what your trying to say.

• John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;"

Luke 10:20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."
    NASU
    .........Restin

SB,

And the Holy Spirit will lead you inside yourself with that love, to crucify the flesh(feelings & emotions)

I certainly hope that you're not saying that feelings and emotions are of the flesh and that we need to be rid of them. What do you mean by this?

yes

That is exactly what I'm saying. Emotions or passions are unclean spirits. Feelings are temptations. Now I hope you know the difference between emotions and feelings and affections. Because If you dont my statement is really going to arose alot of (spirits) emotions in you.

Mat 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
(emotion)

Mat 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
(again, emotion)

Mat 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

John 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
(ooh! more emotion)

Just three examples where the Master showed emotion. Will you be so bold as to say, Jesus displayed the works of unclean spirits???

You are way out in left field on this...bro!

Ooh...one more...

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

Oooo...Vic beat me to it. :biggrin

But, I'll add this:

Gal. 5:22-23, "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

Recongize any emotions in the fruit of the Spirit?

Rom. 12:9,12,15, "9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good....12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer....15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep."

What about love? I could post numerous verses on that.

you said

Just three examples where the Master showed emotion. Will you be so bold as to say, Jesus displayed the works of unclean spirits???

You are way out in left field on this...bro!

I said
Well one of us is in left field. One can have or be tempted by an emotion. But they havent sinned unless they give into it.
Eph 4:26
26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
(NKJ)

Another point you should know.The new testament wasnt in affect until AFTER Jesus died on the cross.

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

What I think you should study is the difference between emotions(passions) and feelings and affections. It appears you dont know the difference.

SB,

Just three examples where the Master showed emotion.

Just one example is enough to refute your theory.

Eph 4:26
26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,

This verse is stating that one shouldn't sin when they are angry but it is okay to be angry, hence "Be angry."

Guile

you said
This verse is stating that one shouldn't sin when they are angry but it is okay to be angry, hence "Be angry."

I said
Your hence"Be angry" is guile. When it says be angry and do not sin. It is saying that anger is a spirit and dont give into it. If you dont give into it you havent sinned.

So, according to the verse that Vic posted about Jesus in the Temple, Jesus sinned.

It is saying that anger is a spirit and dont give into it. If you dont give into it you havent sinned.

Please show me where "anger is a spirit" is in that verse because I seemed to have overlooked it.

Eph. 4:26, "BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger," (NASB)

It very clearly, very simply says, "Be angry," just don't sin in your anger.

NKJ - "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,"

The language used makes it clear that it is okay to be angry.

No Way

There is no way for anyone to be able to open your eyes. That only God can do. And it is obvious that He hasnt done it yet. Even the women that met Jesus on the road after His resurrection didnt know it was Him. Until God opened their understanding. The point is your carnally minded, and the carnal mind is enmity against God. you will never see the truth until you purge your mind of the carnality.
I posted a revelation on "Intellectual Idiots" just for you. Read some of them verses and you "Might" see why you are blind.

If I am wrong, then show me. These are debate forums where people engage in intelligent debate and discussion to come to a mutual understanding of what the Scripture is saying.

This is not a place for people to say "I'm right and you're wrong and if you disagree, you are carnally minded and an intellectual idiot." If you can't engage in intelligent debate and do it in a mature manner, perhaps you should reconsider why you are here.

I am quoting the footnotes for Eph. 4:26 in the MacArthur study bible:

Be angry, and do not sin. Quoted from Ps 4:4. By NT standards, anger can be either good or bad, depending on motive and purpose. Paul may have been sanctioning righteous indignation, anger at evil. This type of anger hates injustice, immorality, ungodliness, and every other sin. When such anger is unselfish and based on love for God and others, it not only is permissible but commanded. Jesus expressed this righteous anger ( Matt.21:12, Mark 3:5; John 2:15.)
sun go down. Even righteous anger can turn to bitterness, so should be set aside by the end of each day. If anger is prolonged, it may become hostile and violate the instruction of Rom. 12:17-21.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back