Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Holy Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: No Way

Squeakybro said:
There is no way for anyone to be able to open your eyes. That only God can do. And it is obvious that He hasnt done it yet. Even the women that met Jesus on the road after His resurrection didnt know it was Him. Until God opened their understanding. The point is your carnally minded, and the carnal mind is enmity against God. you will never see the truth until you purge your mind of the carnality.
I posted a revelation on "Intellectual Idiots" just for you. Read some of them verses and you "Might" see why you are blind.

Hi there!

:angel:

I looked at that posting and I replied

The word "idiotes" is used to describe Peter and John in Acts 4:13; yet it is used to describe "unbelievers" in other passages. Perhaps man's belief system finds both the believer and the unbeliever to be idiots?

~serapha~

Re: you said

Squeakybro said:
... What I think you should study is the difference between emotions(passions) and feelings and affections. It appears you dont know the difference.
Very well. (as if I didn't know this already)

Merriam-Webster Online Thesaurus

One entry found for emotion.

Entry Word: emotion
Function: noun
Text: Synonyms FEELING 3, affection, affectivity, passion, sentiment
Related Word excitability, responsiveness, sensibility, sensitiveness, sensitivity, susceptibilities; sensation
Contrasted Words coldness, detachment, reserve, unfeelingness
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/thesaurus?bo ... &x=15&y=13

More...
Main Entry: emo·tion
Pronunciation: i-'mO-sh&n
Etymology: Middle French, from emouvoir to stir up, from Old French esmovoir, from Latin emovEre to remove, displace, from e- + movEre to move
1 a obsolete : DISTURBANCE b : EXCITEMENT
2 a : the affective aspect of consciousness : FEELING b : a state of feeling c : a psychic and physical reaction (as anger or fear) subjectively experienced as strong feeling and physiologically involving changes that prepare the body for immediate vigorous action
synonym see FEELING
Main Entry: 2 feeling
Function: adjective
1 a : SENTIENT, SENSITIVE b : easily moved emotionally
2 obsolete : deeply felt
3 : expressing emotion or sensitivity
Main Entry: af·fec·tion
Pronunciation: &-'fek-sh&n
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French affection, from Latin affection-, affectio, from afficere
1 : a moderate feeling or emotion

So, Jesus displayed emotion, as I have pointed out in my earlier post. According to your train of thought, you accuse Him of harboring unclean spirits.
You said:
That is exactly what I'm saying. Emotions or passions are unclean spirits. Feelings are temptations. Now I hope you know the difference between emotions and feelings and affections. Because If you dont my statement is really going to arose alot of (spirits) emotions in you.

vic

Vic everyone starts out in life with websters or funk and wagnal. When one turns to the Word of God they go to strongs or nelsons or even the one you have. Because the bible dictionaries have a deeper meaning. But there is even a deeper meaning than them in the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of. I have shared a few of the revelations of Jesus Christ that I have received. Now over the past 15 years I have received over 1500 of these revelations.
Do you know about the milk and the meat understanding of the Word?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back