Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Life

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Life with out Christ is empty.. there is no hope ... there is no joy.
there is no assurance of eternity ... just emptiness .. so many try to fill that hole with drugs ... self mutilation ... sexual lusts .. other people ... and as Papa says
Jesus is the way (to the Father)
the Truth (about the Father)
and the Life (that can only be found in the Father - life abundantly, the way God first intended it.)

Yes, but what is abundant life?

I call it richness of spirit. Joy. Here I sit, actually in a bad way...but my spirit is at peace. This stuff doesn't move me...I am content because i know that I have a lot to look forward to.

If I were in a better financial situation then I may see it differently, lol. But for now, that's it! They don't have my spirit yet. Praise the Lord! :woot2

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

What does it mean, the life?
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

Sister Angel, before we are born again, we are dead in sin and there is no life in us.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

In us: John 17:21 . . . I in thee

We, the "hardcore" Christians have a more full life than those who seem to have exciting ones.

It's about perspective.

Heartache is tough...but not feeling anything is worse...way worse.

It's like when Jesus said "Your sins are forgiven"...the Pharisees thought Jesus was being cavalier with offering forgiveness. But the truth is that forgiveness was much more difficult than when He said,"Arise and walk". They all gawked and were amazed at the healing...but the miracle was truly in the forgiveness. Because of the change that comes from peace between us and God... Jesus is personable with a sense of humor and personality all unique and His own. And knowing him has given me life like i never had it before.
And a life that never ends.

Otherwise the miserable existence of being ruled by wants and fears is the best a person can have.

I call it richness of spirit. Joy. Here I sit, actually in a bad way...but my spirit is at peace. This stuff doesn't move me...I am content because i know that I have a lot to look forward to.

If I were in a better financial situation then I may see it differently, lol. But for now, that's it! They don't have my spirit yet. Praise the Lord! :woot2
Interesting. Thank you

A pastor once said that God doesn't want us happy. He wants us faithful. I think this is true. Happiness is an illusion. I get a new car and I'm happy about it. Then what about the person who can't afford a car? Maybe they are happy with a bike? But what of the person who has nothing?

Plus, I know people who have "stuff" but they aren't happy. But I know people with little to nothing and they have JOY. They know who God is and they are faithful in and out of season. Their circumstance don't dictate their happiness because they have joy in the Lord. That is the abundant life. At least part of it. In the midst of sorrow one cannot have happiness. (like in the death of a loved one) But joy can be ever present in Christ. Our hope in Christ is what brings joy. And for that, we can be ever "happy."

To me, it's simple. This isn't our life. The hundred or so years we spend on planet Earth is not our true, permanent existence. What many people call the "afterlife" is our true life, the eternal life of the immortal soul.

We generally spend most of our time here obsessing on how to obtain the things we think we need. In fact rare is the person who thinks they already have it all. God doesn't want us to be this way. He wishes us to live with Him in Heaven, every need and wish fulfilled and more, living life more abundantly than we can imagine.

The life that God intended for us to begin with. Without Christ, man is already dead.(Eph. 2:1) In this existence we are in now is not life. We are living under the influence of Satan's principles and the whole creation is under a curse (Rom. 8:18-25) .

But real life (Rev. 7:14; 21:1-6, 27) All of this and more is in Christ Jesus, The Kingdom of Heaven. Where Death, sorrow and pain from sin will not exist where Christ reigns FOREVER and ever Amen. That is life, and it is only in Christ.

To me it says there is no other way to enter Heaven but through Jesus, meaning that if you do not cover your sins with the Blood of Jesus, you will spend Eternity in the Lake of Fire separated from God.

When He said He was the truth, He meant that we can trust none other to keep us out of Hell and ultimately the Abyss/Lake of Fire. And finally the Life, tells me that none, without have submitting your total life, body and will, to Him, will suffer the never end suffering in Eternity

The Eternal Fruits of the Spirit:

Gal. 5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Eph. 5:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

There is low hanging fruit for us to engage, to partake in/of. And yes, this Fruit is "reachable" because He Is In us to show us His Ways.

Only God has life by nature. (John 1:4)
Every other living thing receives its life from God. (1Ti 6:13)
Jesus is God. (John 1:1)
Eternal life comes from being "in Christ", being intimately united to Christ (Rom 6:23, Eph 5:30, 32)

So, when Jesus said He is "the life,", He said that he IS life. Outside of Jesus, there is only death.

iakov the fool

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that may result from said reading. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear it.Enjoy the rest of your life.

A pastor once said that God doesn't want us happy. He wants us faithful. I think this is true. Happiness is an illusion. I get a new car and I'm happy about it. Then what about the person who can't afford a car? Maybe they are happy with a bike? But what of the person who has nothing?

Plus, I know people who have "stuff" but they aren't happy. But I know people with little to nothing and they have JOY. They know who God is and they are faithful in and out of season. Their circumstance don't dictate their happiness because they have joy in the Lord. That is the abundant life. At least part of it. In the midst of sorrow one cannot have happiness. (like in the death of a loved one) But joy can be ever present in Christ. Our hope in Christ is what brings joy. And for that, we can be ever "happy."
Perfect. I love to explain the difference between happiness and joy.

Happiness is when I get a new car. That happiness lasts about a week or so.
Joy is being friendly with God, the creator of the universe.
Joy lasts forever.

You could be miserable in a hospital, but have joy knowing that the Lord is near you.

Only God has life by nature. (John 1:4)
Every other living thing receives its life from God. (1Ti 6:13)
Jesus is God. (John 1:1)
Eternal life comes from being "in Christ", being intimately united to Christ (Rom 6:23, Eph 5:30, 32)

So, when Jesus said He is "the life,", He said that he IS life. Outside of Jesus, there is only death.

iakov the fool

DISCLAIMER: By reading the words posted above, you have made a free will choice to expose yourself to the rantings of iakov the fool. The poster assumes no responsibility for any temporary, permanent or otherwise annoying manifestations of cognitive dysfunction that may result from said reading. No warrantee is expressed or implied. Individual mileage may vary. And, no, I don't want to hear it.Enjoy the rest of your life.
Ohhh I see now! :biggrin

Ephesians 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

This working of "all things" after the counsel of His Own Will is problematic for us to understand. We, in the flesh, lean to God's being only involved on the good side of the story, but never on the other side and never in our own lives. But the reality IS that God Works "all things."

When we see and submit to His Divine Superiority, we come to know our need for His Mercy and Grace in Christ, and therefore trust Him Alone in "all things." This can be very hard when facing challenges and pressures in our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back