Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"The Mark of The Beast"

As I read through this thread it appears to me as a whole there is little understanding of the “Mark of The Beast” with respect to the objectives of God during the tribulation.

It is said that nobody can understand any one apocalyptic prophecy (the seventeen found within Dan., & Rev.) without understanding how they all support and harmonize to form one big cohesive picture. The “Mark of the Beast” is just one peace of that puzzle.

First one should understand that the start of the Tribulation awaits God’s appointed time. Is does not depend on the actions of man, as many assume to spread the gospel to all the world, and then the end will come. It is true however, that the end will come once the gospel is heard throughout the whole world. But it will be by God’s doings, not man’s. God has also predetermined that the tribulation will only last 1335 literal days. (Dan. 12:9-13)

God will personally select 144,000, servant prophets, men, women of all ages, to speak the words He gives them to speak, they will be selected from all cultures and religions, and speak within their culture and religion that they must worship God the Father and Jesus Christ. (Rev. 7:1-3) The sealing of these prophets is when God removes their carnal nature and gives them a “un-fallen nature”, so that they can perform the the task that God will require of them during earths darkest hour under the most difficult times the world will have experienced. These are the “first fruits” (Rev.14:4) of the great harvest that will be gathered in during the tribulation. (Rev.7:9-14)

God has designed the events of the tribulation for judging the living, because at the predetermined time of His return all the living must have made the choice whether they worship Him, or Satan. There will only be two groups of people, those who have chosen to worship Satan and have received the “ Mark of the Beast, or those with the seal of God, who have chosen to worship God.

To get the attention of everyone and to force everyone to make a decision as to who they shall worship, God is going to end life as we know it in one day by sounding the first Trumpet, followed by three others in quick succession. These are literal world wide events. (Rev. 8:7-12) The four angles of Rev. 7:2,3, which were told not to “Harm the Land, sea or trees”, until…, are the same angles who blow the first four trumpets of Rev. 8, which bring destruction upon the earth. The tribulation begins with the opening of the fourth seal of (Rev. 6:8).

During the sounding of the first four trumpet judgments which will span a very short time span, and harming a third of the earth, and killing a fourth of earths population, not to mention the injured, (Rev.6:8) God will get the undivided attention of all. At this time the first of four messages delivered, by His, “Servants the Prophets/ 144,000”, is, “ Fear God, and give Him Glory, because the hour of His judgement has come.” (Rev.14:7)

It is because of these “Trumpet Judgements”, which has put the world into a survival mode, Which causes the, “beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horn, and seven heads, of Rev. 13: 1, to emerge. This will be a world wide crisis, political (ten horns) and religious (seven heads with blasphemous name) coalition, formed to stop the wrath of God, least the whole world be destroyed. This church/state coalition is later called, “Babylon”, in Rev., and Satan gives this “Beast” his power for 42 literal months. (Rev.13:3,4)

At the opening of the fifth trumpet, (also the first woe) two and a half literal years into the tribulation, after which time the living have had ample time to hear the gospel being preach by God’s, “Servants/prophets/144,000”, God will release Satan from the Spirit realm so that he and his demons can appear in the flesh before mankind. God is sending the wicked this delusion because they refused to believe His servants the prophets. (2Thess. 2:9-12) God gives them five months to torture anyone not having the, “Seal of God” in their foreheands (Rev. 9:5).

After the five literal months pass the Sixth trumpet sounds and God allows Satan and his demons to, “kill a third of mankind”, (Rev. 9: 13-21) This is where the, “Mark of the Beast,” fits into the big picture. It is Satan’s literal mark/ tattoo (666), on the right hand of the wicked who refuse to worship God, and Satan’s name will be a literal tattoo in the foreheads of his lieutenants. This will be required in order to buy and sell when food and provisions will be life threatening.

All of these events God has predetermined for the purpose of separating the wheat/righteous from the tares/wicked during the tribulation. The living during this time will past judgment upon themselves either by receiving the “Seal of God, or the Mark of the Beast,” as opposed to those who have died before this time will be judged out of the, “The books of Record/Deeds.

When the Seventh trumpet sounds, the heavens are opened and the “Ark of His Covenant /Ten Commandments,” is revealed within heavens temple. This brings God’s offer of salvation to and end. God reveals His Covenant to all who remain on earth. The righteous will be comforted, and the wicked will know why they alone will be recipients of God’s seven last plagues, or bowl judgements, which are to come. Poured out without mercy on those having the, “Mark of the Beast”. At the end of the seven last bowl judgements Christ returns to gather in the harvest of righteous individuals, and raises the righteous dead and takes them to heaven to rein with Him there for a thousand years.

I hope this thumb nail version of closing events as it encompasses the “Mark of The Beast”, brings into focus the bigger picture and a better understanding of God’s plans to rescue man from this world of sin.
This is very complicated and has fairly big holes like the 144000 are all Jews, bloodline Jews descent of Abraham. I just wanted to say that matching the descriptions to events in the past, one after another, is so much easier and more satisfying. Has the added benefit of having hope for the future not fear.

This is very complicated and has fairly big holes like the 144000 are all Jews, bloodline Jews descent of Abraham. I just wanted to say that matching the descriptions to events in the past, one after another, is so much easier and more satisfying. Has the added benefit of having hope for the future not fear.
Mae: I never said that the 144,000 are Jewish descents of Abraham. However, they will be heirs of Abraham, and will share the covent promises God made to him. God as you know redefined Abraham's seed, after Israel failed to repent during the last "seventy week" probation period God gave them recored in (Dan. 9:20-27; Gal. 3: 26-29)

Too Mae, the events which will cause the beast with seven heads and ten horns of Rev. 13, to rise up out of the sea, is yet future. Those events set up the situation which make the "Mark of The Beast" possible. God in His mercy grants us the opportunity to know His plans in advance, and be spiritually prepared. For those who have the wait and see mindset, they have little or no faith in prophecy.

Noah did not wait for rain to fall out of the sky, before he decided to built the ark. Prophecy remember is from God. (1Thes. 5:19-22)

However, if your certain events of Rev.13, and onward leading up to the "Mark of The Beast" have been unfolding in the past, please share.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Deuteronomy 11:18-21
Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

Revelation 13:15-16
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Seems to me the mark is related to the word of God, and how you wear it. Some where it with pride, full of wrath and judgement. Others wear it in humility with grace and mercy.

Pretty good explanation. I think the beast and his mark are long past but it’s still a good explanation.

There is much I agree with you is in the past. But the "mark of the beast" I am not convinced is entirely in the past. Perhaps it is both, maybe it started in the past and continues into the future.

When I read And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed I can not help but think of the Western European colonialism in the name of the church. How were those indigenous peoples treated if they did not convert to Christianity? In these last generations, we have all been given a Bible to read. We worship the image of a man cross, and because we can read the word of God, we presume to speak on God's behalf, giving life to the image of the beast.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Deuteronomy 11:18-21
Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

Revelation 13:15-16
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Seems to me the mark is related to the word of God, and how you wear it. Some where it with pride, full of wrath and judgement. Others wear it in humility with grace and mercy.

There is much I agree with you is in the past. But the "mark of the beast" I am not convinced is entirely in the past. Perhaps it is both, maybe it started in the past and continues into the future.

When I read And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed I can not help but think of the Western European colonialism in the name of the church. How were those indigenous peoples treated if they did not convert to Christianity? In these last generations, we have all been given a Bible to read. We worship the image of a man cross, and because we can read the word of God, we presume to speak on God's behalf, giving life to the image of the beast.
My heart was blessed by the scriptures you posted, thanks.

Regarding colonialism, don’t believe the WOKE propaganda. There are two types of nations who colonized. That catholics worked from a “might makes right” and so felt free to “force” conversion and or rob the local people of the wealth of their land or kill them.

The protestants have a totally different view, which is right makes right, and did not so so, if there were christians at all in power, which wasn’t often true. Protestants built schools and hospitals and shared the gospel. Protestants did not force conversion.

What is more, an Indian (man from India) wrote a book pointing out all the freedoms and rights and life the people of India enjoy solely because of the British. I’m not defending it and do not believe locals were christians. But the concept of rights came to India from the Brits. Hinduism would never have generated that.

Mae: I never said that the 144,000 are Jewish descents of Abraham. However, they will be heirs of Abraham, and will share the covent promises God made to him. God as you know redefined Abraham's seed, after Israel failed to repent during the last "seventy week" probation period God gave them recored in (Dan. 9:20-27; Gal. 3: 26-29)

Too Mae, the events which will cause the beast with seven heads and ten horns of Rev. 13, to rise up out of the sea, is yet future. Those events set up the situation which make the "Mark of The Beast" possible. God in His mercy grants us the opportunity to know His plans in advance, and be spiritually prepared. For those who have the wait and see mindset, they have little or no faith in prophecy.

Noah did not wait for rain to fall out of the sky, before he decided to built the ark. Prophecy remember is from God. (1Thes. 5:19-22)

However, if your certain events of Rev.13, and onward leading up to the "Mark of The Beast" have been unfolding in the past, please share.
Well, I’m very willing to share but my view is not a futurist such as for_his_glory and others have, but from a preterism view. You sure you want to know it? I’ve gotten some somewhat hateful responses and sharing bits of it. So I ask first.

Many of the events, I believe, begun and finished in the past. So do you want to know? (I’m back working so posts are few and far between.)

I’ve heard of this theology. Those verses don’t establish that God “redefined” Israel though. I, btw, inherit the promises of Abraham through faith.
I believe, God in His mercy, let those about to go through it (“soon” in Revelation) know what was coming. Made a big difference for them.
He obeyed because he was given instructions, not because of prophesy, I think. “Build this”was the Word for him.
Ok, in a nutshell, the Beast was Nero who was actually called a “beast” by others. He did horrible things to people, not just the believers to whom he was given 3.5 years, I believe, as Revelation 19 says, to conquer and slay them. The hand or forehead is the deeds or mindset either accepting his pursuits and aiding him or rejecting them and being outcast.

It’s maybe more clear after the “vaccine” campaign whereby one either accepted the jabs or refused and was then denied work, travel and all but essential for life (although neither job nor unemployment) pursuits. One can see how this is carried out and how citizens cooperate.

Since I too believe the Mark is physical, I watch what I believe the natural monetary policy progression needed to implement such a diabolic system would unfold. I believe Bitcoin was an economic/social experiment. The US put out the word that only American government can "print" money and that it is looking into an American Bitcoin thereby making any competing Bitcoin obsolete if not illegal. Others say several nations are looking into their own national Bitcoins. This would pave the way for a worldwide Bitcoin with a worldwide cashless society. The worldwide Mark would probably be an identifier to thwart identity theft/hacking for the new digital money.

Ok, in a nutshell, the Beast was Nero who was actually called a “beast” by others. He did horrible things to people, not just the believers to whom he was given 3.5 years, I believe, as Revelation 19 says, to conquer and slay them. The hand or forehead is the deeds or mindset either accepting his pursuits and aiding him or rejecting them and being outcast.
Mae. The "Mark of the Beast" was no local event, encompassing the Roman empire. It will be a world wide, end time event taking place during the tribulation. Note: It [the beast coming up out of the earth] was given power to wage war against God's holy people an to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, langue an nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast-all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life... (Rev. 13:7,8)

Did Nero conquer God's Holy people, worldwide?
Did Nero have authority over all the nations of the world?
Does, all the inhabitants of the wold, except those with their names written in the book of life, worship Nero? (Not to mention he's been dead for centuries)

Individuals are free to believe whatever they choose. But to arrive at the intended meaning of prophecy one must pay close attention to the specifics details.

You said, "The hand or forehead is the deeds or mindset either accepting his pursuits and aiding him or rejecting them and being outcast."

If you think the "hand or forehead," is symbolic of ones deeds, them the bible must interpret the symbol, if it does not, then it's just a private interpretation. Meaning, there is no valid hermeneutic supporting ones interpretation.

Do you prefer private interpretations over a interpretation base on valid (provable) hermeneutics?

a

Mae. The "Mark of the Beast" was no local event, encompassing the Roman empire. It will be a world wide, end time event taking place during the tribulation. Note: It [the beast coming up out of the earth] was given power to wage war against God's holy people an to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, langue an nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast-all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life... (Rev. 13:7,8)
The word "earth" is also "land." That is, all the inhabitants of the land (above exception) will worship him. That is, those living there. Looking at the reaction to different people today regarding something so temporary as the covid shot campaign, it is impossible for all the not belonging to Jesus people to worship anything or anyone. That is just not happening with billions of people not under one man's control, especially their thinking. It was the land, not the earth.
Did Nero conquer God's Holy people, worldwide?
He conquerer his people for 3.5 years. This is not going to happen worldwide.
Did Nero have authority over all the nations of the world?
He did over the Roman Empire, very large. Again, it was the land, not earth.
Does, all the inhabitants of the wold, except those with their names written in the book of life, worship Nero? (Not to mention he's been dead for centuries)
That time period is over. Do you know that they did not?
Individuals are free to believe whatever they choose. But to arrive at the intended meaning of prophecy one must pay close attention to the specifics details.
Yes, although allegory is not as clear cut. The events surrounding 70 AD fit perfectly but are gruesome to read.
You said, "The hand or forehead is the deeds or mindset either accepting his pursuits and aiding him or rejecting them and being outcast."

If you think the "hand or forehead," is symbolic of ones deeds, them the bible must interpret the symbol, if it does not, then it's just a private interpretation. Meaning, there is no valid hermeneutic supporting ones interpretation.

Do you prefer private interpretations over a interpretation base on valid (provable) hermeneutics?
This is a valid challenge and I can give it some thought but when God said he would write his name on them (Rev 3:12 I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God,) what did He mean? It is the same symbology. Do you think the "mark" is a taboo?

Thanks for discussing this,
D

The word "earth" is also "land." That is, all the inhabitants of the land
Mae, according to Strong's Concordance, the word, "earth, (G1039) is used in the following vss, which I think support beyond any doubt that it could mean "land".

Rev.12:9, The dragon (satan) was cast into the earth(G1039)...
Rev. 12:12,13, Woe to inhabiters of the earth(G1039) for the devil is come down to you...
When the devil saw that he was cast unto the earth(G1039)...

Now note the following vss. of which you claim the "earth" means land.
Rev. 13:8, And all that dwell upon the earth(G1039) will worship the beast...
Rev. 13:14, It [the beast] deceived the inhabitants of the earth(G1039)...

Could add more verses in support. However, it should be obvious to individuals who desire for the bible to speak for itself, that the word "earth" within Rev.13, means earth, and not "land" as you claim.

Mae, according to Strong's Concordance, the word, "earth, (G1039) is used in the following vss, which I think support beyond any doubt that it could mean "land".

Rev. 12:12,13, Woe to inhabiters of the earth(G1039) for the devil is come down to you...

Could add more verses in support. However, it should be obvious to individuals who desire for the bible to speak for itself, that the word "earth" within Rev.13, means earth, and not "land" as you claim.
I looked up that verse and that same word in other verses in the NT and it is translated "soil" or "land" in places. You cannot legitimately make the case that it has to be "earth" fit a futurist eschatology. I can add a lot of verse where that has to mean "land" as in "land of the xyz people" where "earth" makes no sense in English. There is in Revelations a reference to all the "tribes of the land" where "earth" makes no sense in the future since most of the earth does not dwell in tribes but this was true in 70 AD.

I do agree that the Bible should interpret the Bible. There are many scriptures that make the futurist eschatology has problems and a major one is Jesus said those who pierced him will see what he predicted. Revelation says "soon" over and over again. Over 2000 years is not soon. Those who received those letters needed that information because of what was soon to befall them. There is Jesus who said that that generation will not pass away until the events he predicted happened. This is very difficult for futurists. The "land" or "earth" discussion is nothing compared to clear time tables given by Jesus that are not true for futurists. Revelation was written, according to it, so that those receiving that book would understand what was coming. For the futurists position, this is anything but true.

The mark of the beast, is not a literal physical mark.
Just as the seal of God (Revelation 7:3) is not a physical mark on the people of God.

That seal we understood as spiritual, in the faith and in
the character; this evil brand we must interpret in like manner, being also
a spiritual mark.

You cannot receive the seal of God without your willingness to serve the Lord and keep His commandments.
Nor can you receive this mark of the beast without willingness to do its commandments and taking an active role
in fighting against God and His saints. A mark that must be spiritually discerned.
(read the Holy Bible and keep God's commandments
and precepts and you will gain this discernment by knowing right from wrong)

There is much fear surrounding this doctrine where there needs not be.
Nobody can unknowingly receive this mark. Those who receive this mark, are made partakers
of the benefits of the beast's spiritual dominion. But by becoming willing servants unto Satan
and his spiritual dominion, have sadly, guaranteed their place in the lake of fire.

THE MARK.

`And he causes all. Both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: his number is 666..` (Rev. 13: 16 - 18)

THE MARK – Gk. `charagma,` a distinguishing sign as a badge of servitude.

This I see as a chip implanted under the skin with all the details of that person`s life, health, medical, finance, etc. Information of that individual that is presently available on our chips, on our cards or in our phones. Information that separates you from every other person on the planet. Information that is needed to connect you into man`s new order. Then finally it is information that means allegiance to the Global Leader.

THE NAME – Gk. `onoma,` a `name,` (lit. or fig.) authority, character.

This I see as the authority of the world leader. If you desire to `buy or sell` then you will need this authority. Today we need to have all sorts of authority to work in opportunity shops to working with children, to doing business etc. The world system requires their authority for you to transact & do business. The world system believes it has the power & authority to regulate people`s buying & selling.

It will be the authorisation from the IMF, (International Monetary Fund) and will be stored on the chip, (the Mark) also.

THE NUMBER – Gk. `arithmos,` a number, from `airo,` reckoned, accounted, computored.

`Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.` (Rev. 13: 18)

I believe the number of the `beast,` the Global Leader is his numbering system for every person on the planet and stored on the Mark. It will be a number within 6 digits, 6 digits, 6 digits.

I looked up that verse and that same word in other verses in the NT and it is translated "soil" or "land" in places.
Mae, I posted several verses, what verse did you look up?
In what other verse was the word, "earth" translated soil or land? You give no support for your claim.

There is in Revelations a reference to all the "tribes of the land" where "earth" makes no sense
Only two verses in Rev., with the word, "tribe", (7:4; 21:12) and the word, "land" is not found in those verses. Again you are making claims without any support.

Gold, you know even in English “land” and “earth” can be exchanged. You want it to say “planet” which I doubt the Bible uses anywhere.

Actually, you want it to say “planet” which it does not, because your theology requires the whole planet.
Every

The word in Mathew and your verses is defined as

1093 gḗ – properly, the physical earth; (figuratively) the "arena" we live in which operates in space and time which God uses to prepare us for eternity.

This is definitely not planet. The author, John, meant this space where we live, not the planet.

Gold, you know even in English “land” and “earth” can be exchanged. You want it to say “planet” which I doubt the Bible uses anywhere.
I'll agree that "land and earth" can be exchanged, within certain contexts, but one must pay attention to the contexts, where only "earth", meaning planet would make sense. Examples: A plow is used to turn the earth/land/soil. However, for those who are not interpreting the bible to supports their bias. Rev. 12:9,12,13. Would have to mean earth/planet as the devil is out to devour all of mankind, not just those living in a specific "land" as you believe.

Would like to get your response to my post 153, 154.

I'll agree that "land and earth" can be exchanged, within certain contexts, but one must pay attention to the contexts, where only "earth", meaning planet would make sense. Examples: A plow is used to turn the earth/land/soil. However, for those who are not interpreting the bible to supports their bias. Rev. 12:9,12,13. Would have to mean earth/planet as the devil is out to devour all of mankind, not just those living in a specific "land" as you believe.

Would like to get your response to my post 153, 154.
The meaning of the P1093 was the sphere where we live. The Enemy was hurled down to the sphere where we live. It did not mean the planet per se as in no other planet. It meant where we live, all men life. I will respond to those requested.

Matthew 14:24 and Mark 4:1 use exactly the same word P1093 and only "land" makes sense. Same word.

Last edited:
Mae, I posted several verses, what verse did you look up?
In what other verse was the word, "earth" translated soil or land? You give no support for your claim.
I actually gave you the Strongs concordance for the meaning of that word (you mistyped the number) in Greek. It means the sphere where we live which makes sense. That is the support. Can you find me a verse where it means "planet" and not particularly the sphere where men live?

Only two verses in Rev., with the word, "tribe", (7:4; 21:12) and the word, "land" is not found in those verses. Again you are making claims without any support.
I responded to this one already. The "tribes of the land" is from Matthew, direct words of Jesus. "All the tribes of the land will mourn." I tend to quote the Bible from memory as it fits into the discussion. I, probably wrongly, assume the reader knows the scripture but it can be searched for to see if these things be so. I think living the scriptures such that the are woven into the fabric of what we do and think and say is better than cut and paste where it does not fit.

Back