Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Ramble On thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh, man! One of my relatives got loose AGAIN!

Relic said:

jasoncran said:
that squirrel with the at4 was funny. :crazy where do they think of these?

"...where do they think of these?"

SIR,

I'll have you know,

I am the Nutty Professor of them !

[attachment=0:2goyya70]Master of the squirrels here.jpg[/attachment:2goyya70]

jasoncran said:
are all guns loving persons crazy or sane for loving the art of shooting?

Sane. It's a good hobby. Expensive, but, fun. It's a good skill. Did you know women are better at hitting targets, than men?
At least, that's what some say.

i know that, but there some anti-gun persons here, so i was saying that tounge in cheek. on the aco thing i work with one, they need to have the truck serviced so when he shows up and has critters its show and tell.

Once, he caught a bobcat and had a opossum in another cage, that old opossum was so scared. He was telling us,with that look of fear quit looking at the bobcat he might just eat me!Neither was put down just released 20 to 30 miles away from the area they were caught.

Sane. It's a good hobby. Expensive, but, fun. It's a good skill. Did you know women are better at hitting targets, than men?
At least, that's what some say.

:thumb As a matter of fact my mom was an excellent archer. She was a petite 5' , 105lb. archer. But she had a bow made to her specs and won many tournaments alongside some sharp-eyed gents! My sissies and I had great seats atop our old Woody wagon... it was truly exciting too! :biggrin

I was proud of her. But I found no desire to follow in her steps~

There were too many mornings traveling home from early morning trips to Rohwer Canyon, bumping along in the back seat ~ when I held the soft warm body of a dead hare until it went stiff and cold in my four-year-old hands (unknown to my momma till she found the blood stains). :shrug

Archery is very beautiful to watch... :biggrin

sheshisown~

Well Jason~ Most of us seen Bugs in a pot or two before. :biggrin

[attachment=1:nqxxxsz5]LooneyTunesBugs~stew.jpg[/attachment:nqxxxsz5]

[attachment=0:nqxxxsz5]Tazmanian delight.jpg[/attachment:nqxxxsz5]

But~ Do you think the wild could be cooked out of him?

:lol

WOW the ramble thread is still rambling???? Cool..........

ramble, ramble, ramble, keep up the gamble someone will respond! :yes

When we going to play the guys verses the girls again......it's been almost a year!!!! 500 count? Come on, lets do it!!! Caroline you game? Bonnie and Dora you game girly girls?

Man, you guys talking about them there rabbits brought a childhood memory to mind.

My grandparents live on top of a huge, huge, huge hill, [in Madison, Ind.] next to the cementary across the creek, and had this same size garden at the bottom of the hill below the house. Grandpaw would sit in his swing chair looking out over the garden with his gun. I hated hearing that darn gun go off, cause I knew I had to go [I was 6 or 7] down that huge hill, go into the garden and pick up that poor little rabbit by the ears and carry it back up to grandmaw to skin/clean/wash and throw in the skillet head and all for frying with some dandyline greens, and cut taters.

I cried all the way down the hill, all the way up the hill, all the time dinner was cooking, all the time at the dinner table until I was told to leave, and all the way to bed from getting my butt blistered for not stopping the crying.... Sad thing? I've not changed much. I still can't eat rabbit, and I still think they're to cute to eat.

But I do have a survivor mode that kicks in when needed....I use to butcher hogs to make homemade sausage, for us and the neighbors. It was all sold before it all got off the table. And we do have deer hunters in the family that provide deer meat for deer burgers/sausage/stew meat etc. etc.

But hey, I'm sure some feel the same way about Bambi and what's the name of that pig on Charlotte's Web? I just can't get by rabbits...remind me to much of cats with long ears. :shrug

Yeah, my grandmaw rang a few necks too, :chicken while I sat up in the tree and watched them run around in the yard frantically. The first time she did it, I was in the yard with her....after that...I went up in the tree while she rang their necks and plucked them clean from then on out. :yes

My wife talked about that, using the wringing method was one way or the the put the chicken on the stump hold it and chop off the head.

Aye, Maties...

Anyone ever have to wring the neck of a cluck-a-roo?

I hear cluck-a-roo stew is very tasty!
:biggrin

[attachment=0:1agxc3oz]cluckroo.jpg[/attachment:1agxc3oz]

Yo,

Ever try wringing the neck of a vulture? :crazy

[attachment=0:3fi7rnl6]unclesam_cartoon_vultures.gif[/attachment:3fi7rnl6]

Here is where I went today, as part of my exploration of Florida parks:
http://www.nps.gov/history/nr/travel/geo-flor/21.htm

Here's a good shot of the river view: http://www.floridastateparks.org/PhotoC ... 3-68-w.jpg
and, the plantation: http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/ ... ngsley.jpg

The house was closed up, for repairs, but the walk around the plantation, near the river,
was beautiful. There was what looked like a schoolroom or church, a well, slave houses down
the road, and the vats where they made indigo dye.
Unfortunately, there was, plastered on some of the walls, a bunch of politically correct evil-white-man
slave-owner stories and pictures, which put damper on enjoying the plantation for history's sake.

See, from the site is the TRUTH, but, you didn't see a shred of that, on the plantation: :mad
Zephaniah Kingsley, who operated the property from 1813-1839. Kingsley operated under a "task" system, which allowed slaves to work at a craft or tend their own gardens once the specified task for the day was completed. Proceeds from the sale of produce or craft items were usually kept by the slaves.

The path to the plantation is about 2 miles, rutted, and made of hard sand, rocks, and shells, you have
to go only 10 mph, or your car will bounce too hard.
I've got to say again, the river view is spectacular.

I plan to visit Yellow Bluff fort soon: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oEQ2jC0iSkw/S ... fffort.jpg
I went to Fort Caroline park today, too, aka Fort Caroline National Memorial

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back