Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Thoughts About Your Thoughts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I accept the "as it is written" positions which should be the only legitimate basis of understanding and dialog. All else is, to me, imagination.

The "As it is written" position guarantees the certainty of one thing and one thing only: Death.

Jeremiah 4:18-22
Thy way and thy doings have procured these things unto thee;
this is thy wickedness, because it is bitter,
because it reacheth unto thine heart.

My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart;
my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace,
because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled:
suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
For my people is foolish, they have not known me;
they are sottish children, and they have none understanding:

they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Romans 7:16-25
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

For those who are in Truth, they will speak of "evil present" with them and HOW THEY MAKE WAR with it.

Or perhaps, those who are in truth will speak of the salvation of the Lord, and when they speak of the evil present with them, jow they have made peace with it. Blessed are the peacemakers!

IF you have no cause for warring, I'd suggest you know nothing of scriptures:

I have not been called to war. I heard the call to beat my sword into a plowshare and spear into a pruning hook. I am content sitting under my vine and under my fig tree in the garden of God.

Isaiah 4:2-4
And it shall come to pass in the last days,
that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains,
and shall be exalted above the hills;
and all nations shall flow unto it.
And many people shall go and say,
Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways,
and we will walk in his paths:
for out of Zion shall go forth the law,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
And he shall judge among the nations,
and shall rebuke many people:
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruninghooks:
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

Micah 4:1-5
But in the last days it shall come to pass,
that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains,
and it shall be exalted above the hills;
and people shall flow unto it.
And many nations shall come, and say,
Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
and to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways,
and we will walk in his paths:
for the law shall go forth of Zion,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
And he shall judge among many people,
and rebuke strong nations afar off;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruninghooks:
nation shall not lift up a sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.
But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree;
and none shall make them afraid:

for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.
For all people will walk every one in the name of his god,
and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

Isaiah 30:15-16
For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel;
In returning and rest shall ye be saved;
in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:

and ye would not.
But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses;
therefore shall ye flee:

You can make claims about Grace favoring evil present and indwelling sin all you want.

I'm out if that's where this is headed because those claims are lies and I don't tolerate any of them.

Where we read of the thief above, we are reading about the enemy, the devil, SATAN.

The thief cometh is NOT an optional statement. The thief cometh.

Correct, the thief cometh, and it is not optional. The thief cometh. For Jesus himself indeed declared that he would come as a thief.

Rev 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Rev 16:15
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Wow ez, so many questions. You still don't want to reckon with the truth of what smaller and I are doing. We are teaching on the source of evil thoughts that infect the thought patterns of every believer. You are trying to stop two instructors from our mission to see that no believer in Christ Jesus is destroyed because of the lack of knowledge. This answers all your questioning Brother.

What you have proposed has interrupted smaller and me from the theme of this thread with your hobby horse. I really can't believe that you didn't understand what we were doing. We are teachers of the whole counsel of God, not just your part.

I thought this was going to be a bible study not a debate....I will leave now....

Please don't leave. As soon as ez leaves, we can get back to this important thread. Eventually he'll understand that he is interrupting this instruction, and perhaps a Moderator will step in and ban him from causing debate.

You're right up my ally on this subject chopper. I was a very early student, at about 19 years old, of such positive thought philosophers of the world such as Earl Nightingale, W. Clement Stone, Og Mandino, Robert Ringer and other preachers of that realm like N. Vincent Peale. I've also listened to probably every word that ever came out of Tony Robbins mouth.

There is no stone that I have not turned over in this arena. And I did use the principles of such men to make a small fortune. Or so I thought. It wasn't really that at all.

I had to, was forced to trade in ALL of the above for the knowledge of God's Word on this subject.

Few believers will bow to the understanding of God in Christ on this matter. Few. So very very few.

Here is what Gods Word says: Mark 4:15

This MEANS there is an intruder that is not us, in our minds. IF believers can not come into this sight of fact, they will be quickly turned into liars and hypocrites.

Now, follow what Jesus said DIRECTLY to how Paul taught this same matter in Romans 7:7-13. Paul was telling and exposing the TRUTH of Jesus' Facts from Mark 4:15.

And pity the man who hides behind the lie that those adverse illegal thoughts can be stopped or be legal or be pleasing to God in Christ.

The only thing that we get from God in Christ on this subject is HONESTY. There are either honest believers on this subject or there are liars. There is no in between and there is no wiggle room.

Yes, evil does come from within. It does come from evil thoughts. And anyone, anyone, who says they don't have them are only fooling themselves and hiding the fact that our spiritual adversary brings the onslaught of evil thoughts in direct opposition to Gods Words of LAW.

No man makes indwelling sin and evil present within them obey. It is not even remotely possible.

And the sooner a believer quits pulling their own leg on the subject, it is THEN that the real battles begin, because we are not warring with ourselves, our flesh and blood, some chemical reactions in the mind, our old man, our Adamic nature, our old nature, NONE of this is true.

We battle our spiritual adversary INTERNALLY, in our thought life. And if we think that adversary will not cover himself up and claim it's only "us" then he has merely blinded us to the reality of our indwelling sin and evil present in connection with the DEVIL.

Now, let that truth stick in everyone's craw because it will stick if anyone even TRIES to be that honest before our Maker.

God DEMANDS His Brutal Honesty on this subject. God already knows our state. It is only we who are blinded to it.

And when we see this, THEN HIS MERCY in Christ becomes vividly real and sorely needed at every moment of our lives, because you see, God is not just seeing "us." God can and does have the right to deal adversely with "the other party."

And on this ground, I not only scream, but BEG for His Mercy. Because I know His Right and Rule extends to more than "just me" in my poor little defiled lump of clay.

So, SHIELDS UP to everyone that hears. Those who hear will lock shields in prep for battle. And will stop lying to themselves.

Isaiah 63:8
For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

Isaiah 16:5
And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

When we come before our Maker, IN TRUTH, we are essentially requesting our BEHEADING, in the spiritual sense. It will happen, COLLECTIVELY and when it does, we'll ALL know it, from the least to the greatest of us.

But liars will not stand.
It's so sad that preachers have turned in their calling to spread the word into this positive thinking doctrine. I listen to people like Tony Robbins and others but they preach that man is self sufficient. The truth is, we are not. We need God. Guys like Joel Osteen and John Maxwell have become false teachers because they have abandoned God's word for the false gospel of man's doctrine. It sounds good and makes them a lot of money but they will be judged for their actions.

Admin speaking here...
This form is Bible Study the topic of this thread is ...
This is a study about our thought life, and how important to the Christian it really is....I like what George H. Morrison had to say about our thoughts...."A man will never regulate his passions who has never learned to regulate his thoughts. If we cannot master our besetting thoughts, we shall never master our besetting sins. I think you see, then, that in the interests of morality no less than in the interests of our happiness and influence, it is supremely necessary that we all give heed to the great subject of thought—discipline." (e-Sword)

We have tried to set up forums where folks can discuss some topics with out the constant barrage of arguments as seen in the other forums... I see 2 different approaches here.. my strong suggestion is to start a second thread with the second opinion, When we disagree in this forum we are welcome to say so , then open a thread with our opinion... The Bible Study forum is not a debate forum please respect the request...

Do not reply to this post in this thread

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back