Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Thoughts About Your Thoughts.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have repeatedly asked smaller what happens when you stop resisting. What happens after you accept your defeat? I have repeatedly asked why he appears to be more interested in evil and the works of Satan than he does the works of Christ and the power of his Resurrection in being able to help us overcome these evils. The answers are in Christ, but smaller doesn't want to go there. If he thinks he go to battle with Satan, then that is his business and purgative. I on the other hand, accept by faith what Christ has taught me, and that is to not bring railing accusation against Satan. Period.

This is not optional information, but hard line FACT from the Mouth of God Himself. Listen to Him.

Matthew 15:
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Mark 7:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

The above is NOT optional information.

ezrider said:
Be careful where you go there Chopper. If you are seeking to understand the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, then you would want to look on the good and fertile soil. You won't find what your looking for by picking through the weeds of that which fell by the way side. smaller has chosen to look for answers in Mark 4:15. I have chosen to find my answers in Mark 4:20.

Every Word of God applies to every one of us. Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4.

We as Christians are NOT to cast His Word aside. We do not get to say only Mark 4:20 applies to "me" and Mark 4:15 doesn't apply.

Mark 4:15 is A FACT OF GOD, Given from His Own Mouth. That fact changes for NO MAN. We either submit to that FACT OF HIM or we DENY HIM by denying His Words.

Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

In a BIBLE STUDY it is pointless to toss a single Word of God to the side, as inapplicable to US.

Deuteronomy 18:19
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

In The Light of The Spirit, In the Light of The Words of God,

WHO DENIES the Word of God?

That would be Gods enemies. Who are these enemies?

Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Matthew 13:39
The enemy
that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Are we clear yet?

Moving on with Word Reality:

Where the Word is sown, SATAN comes to the HEART to STEAL The Word from therein. Mark 4:15

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Where we read of the thief above, we are reading about the enemy, the devil, SATAN.

The thief cometh is NOT an optional statement. The thief cometh.

Satan LUSTS after man, desiring to enslave them and blind them. And that, Satan does.

Luke 22:31
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

2 Corinthians 2:
10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Anyone who desires to be IGNORANT of Satan's devices has no place in Gods Words.

Paul shows us, in his own mind, WHAT HAPPENS where The Word of Law is sown:

This is NOT an option. It DOES happen and it happens exactly as Paul says it does:

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

What we are observing IN Paul, above is RESISTANCE or OPPOSITION to the LAW.

Who opposes Gods Law, Gods Word?

Mark 4:
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

A "DEVICE" that Satan uses in these efforts, as Paul shows above, IS LUSTFUL THOUGHT. Anti Word, Anti LAW thoughts.

IF the law says, DO NOT LUST, COVET, Satan RESISTS that law, that WORD. And does so in our own flesh.

This is the legal system of Gods Words that we are engaged in. God Sows. Satan steals via "his devices."

We do not get to STOP this internal activity. It DOES happen, and that is all there is to this matter. The reason this internal activity that Paul speaks happens and we CAN NOT STOP it is because it is a working of the ADVERSARY in MIND, stealing, deceiving.

In the UNSAVED, the UNBELIEVER, Paul connects this internal activity DIRECTLY to Satan:

Ephesians 2:
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

We can easily see in the above that fleshly desires, lusts of the mind, are a working of THE SPIRIT OF DISOBEDIENCE, the PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR.

IF anyone wants to get this picture from Jesus, about the 'fowls of the air' they can read all about it in Mark 4. IN Mark 4 Jesus talks first to the masses, and HIDES His discourses to them, calling Satan a "fowl of the air."

This is how Jesus talks to spiritually blinded people:

Mark 4:
3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

BUT, for His Disciples, those who actually LISTEN TO and HEED His Words, He gives us this understanding of the same Word above, in Mark 4:3-4.

13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
14 The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

DO YOU HEAR?!

I asked you to provide the comments that I have posted that would support your claim that I said evil and sin ONLY and external matter, since that is what you have proposed I suggested. Your reply aptly contained no evidence to support your claim. There is no evidence. Only your assertions.

Your claim is that the battle is "only external."

You do understand the meaning of the word ONLY, don't you?

Last edited:
I asked you to provide the comments that I have posted that would support your claim that I said evil and sin ONLY and external matter, since that is what you have proposed I suggested. Your reply aptly contained no evidence to support your claim. There is no evidence. Only your assertions.
You do understand the meaning of the word ONLY, don't you?

I reject your notion here:

ezrider said:
The internal struggle has nothing to do with the devil any more.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

IF we understand that we are still sinners and we do sin, then we might well recognize the reality of the devil in that activity. Your notions can not stand the Light of Gods Words.

My goal is where evil comes from, and how does it get into a persons thoughts, and what to do with evil thoughts. Every Christian has evil thoughts. If I understand your philosophy, you either don't have evil thoughts, or don't know how to deal with them. Would you have smaller and me turn a blind eye to the reality of the purposes of Satan as he tempts thru placing evil thoughts in the minds of Christian?

Chopper, I understand the question that you have asked. I understand what your looking for in this Bible study, I'm just wondering why neither of you seem interested in presenting anything into the study that would help a Christian believer grow in the Spirit. Sorry to say, smaller ain't interested in actual teaching. He seems to have his own agenda.

Maybe you can read all of smaller's comment and the explain to me how they have answered your questions, or has he even bothered to answer mine in the context that I wrote them.

Last edited:
Chopper, I understand the question that you have asked. I understand what your looking for in this Bible study, I'm just wondering why neither of you seem interested in presenting anything into the study that would help a Christian believer grow in the Spirit. Sorry to say, smaller ain't interested in actual teaching. He seems to have his own agenda.

I don't know why you think there is a purpose to slurring and falsely inferring.

I am only interested in what The Word has to say. As it pertains to this thread, the THOUGHT arena.

This is not optional:

We submit to Jesus' Conclusions or we RESIST and DENY His Words of fact:

Matthew 15:
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Mark 7:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

The above is NOT optional information.

Jesus didn't come to play PANSY with us about internal evil, the FACT OF IT, and only make us FEEL GOOD.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER WE SUBMIT TO JESUS'S CONCLUSIONS??????????????

IF all your thoughts are void of internal resistance, I'd suggest a deceiving religious fantasy is in play.

It's not uncommon for believers NOT to realize that the Spirit is and remains against the flesh. Gal. 5:17. The Spirit is AGAINST the "evil present" with us. Do you not know this?

For those who are in Truth, they will speak of "evil present" with them and HOW THEY MAKE WAR with it.

IF you have no cause for warring, I'd suggest you know nothing of scriptures:

Romans 7:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Believers with no warring? Nope! They don't exist. Not "truthfully."

We do war with EVIL PRESENT withIN us.

Have none EVIL to war with sayeth ezrider?

I'll take the Word of The Apostle before I buy lies:

Romans 7:21
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

The distaste you have from scriptural discourses is this: the spirit of disobedience will WHINE AND HOWL when it is EXPOSED.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Got NONE you say?

God says otherwise!

Oh, I know. You don't have to tell me smaller, Mark 4:15 Satan comes and steals it away. Yeah!
Every Word of God applies to US. Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4

What sez EZRIDER? NOOOOO. Mark 4:15 is VOID! Mark 4:15 is NOT TRUE! Mark 4:15 does NOT APPLY to me.

I'll have to pass on your attempts to eliminate Gods Words, thank you!

IF all your thoughts are void of internal resistance, I'd suggest a deceiving religious fantasy is in play.

It's not uncommon for believers NOT to realize that the Spirit is and remains against the flesh. Gal. 5:17. The Spirit is AGAINST the "evil present" with us. Do you not know this?

For those who are in Truth, they will speak of "evil present" with them and HOW THEY MAKE WAR with it.

IF you have no cause for warring, I'd suggest you know nothing of scriptures:

Romans 7:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Believers with no warring? Nope! They don't exist. Not "truthfully."

We do war with EVIL PRESENT withIN us.

Have none EVIL to war with sayeth ezrider?

I'll take the Word of The Apostle before I buy lies:

Romans 7:21
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

The distaste you have from scriptural discourses is this: the spirit of disobedience will WHINE AND HOWL when it is EXPOSED.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Got NONE you say?

God says otherwise!

Gee, all that just to say you couldn't answer and address the question.

The GOOD NEWS for believers is that what we WAR against is not us:

This is the first line of scriptural DEFENSE:

In this Paul lays out his BATTLE PLAN for us to engage:

Romans 7:
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

In this Paul ALIENATES himself, as Gods child, from that which he WARS against.

He does not deny the war. He does not deny the enemy, evil present.

He presents this as NO MORE I.

In this Paul brings us to the point where we DIVIDE ourselves from "evil present" and "indwelling sin" describing it as NO MORE I.

We do not let NO MORE I run our MIND.

Is NO MORE I there to do so?

Assuredly, this is so.

Sin dwelling in our flesh, evil present, is what we are forced to deal with. There is no escape from this WAR. But it is, as Paul shows us, NO MORE I.

We deal with this matter as a FOREIGN OCCUPIER.

In our blinded state, PRIOR to belief, Paul shows us that this working/worker REIGNED over our minds:

2 Corinthians 4:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

When we are TURNED to God in Christ, we are placed in a position of DOMINION over that "god of this world" which once blinded us and ruled us, the "spirit of disobedience." Eph. 2:2

In faith, we are given DOMINION. We are NOT released from having to WAR.

This is what we were TURNED FROM:

Acts 26:
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

For those IN TRUTH, God gives us, by Paul, the sight of NO MORE I.

It is there that we have been SEVERED from our ENEMY by Gods Sword.

What it DOESN'T mean is that we no longer have to deal with with our ENEMY.

What sez EZRIDER? NOOOOO. Mark 4:15 is VOID! Mark 4:15 is NOT TRUE! Mark 4:15 does NOT APPLY to me.

I'll have to pass on your attempts to eliminate Gods Words, thank you!

There you you go again. More of the same. Claiming I said something I never implied. Where did I say Mark 4:15 is void. Where did I say it is not true. I thought you were here to help Chopper explain how to fight aginst Satan and be able to control and have victory over the evil thoughts that proceed out of our minds. But as you have demonstrated, you can not control them, and as of this moment, you are probably so enraged within yourself, that you don't even see you own thoughts as evil. But hey. That's alright smaller. I forgive you. I know the tenancies of the human heart. I know our desires to want to defend ourselves. I know that no matter what I do, as long as I am in this world, evil will always be present with me, as it will with you and every other person too. I know that you do not know what you do, but that's alright: I forgive you.

Now if we are true to ourselves and take in EVERY word of God, then you might understand the concept of reaping what you sow, so while you may feel that some of my responses have come across as slurs, they were not intended as such. It's just the way that we say things and we hear things with the human heart when we are trying to defend ourselves in the face of an accuser. As a man who claims to know so much about the evil that indwells each of us, I would have expected you to understand that. You hold Roman 7:21 as something special, but then can't pass along the same grace knowing that evil is present within us. Why even Paul said He does the things he would not, and does not the things that he would. As someone who knows all these truths about God word, then you should be able to extend a little grace and mercy with the same understanding that it is not them, but the sin dwelling in them.

You reap what you sow..

Why are you insulting me? Is there some point to this?

Emotional outbursts will not dissuade from the facts of scripture.

I reject your slurs.

Again, what is your point in making such claims?

And you my dear REEK with false accusations.

I don't know why you think there is a purpose to slurring and falsely inferring.

Again smaller, your forgiven. I know it's not you, it's the evil inside of you.

Last edited:
But as you have demonstrate, you can not control them,

I reject your notions in favor of the facts of Paul. Paul said he had lustful illegal thoughts. Romans 7:7-13.

Ezrider says NO! I say your claims don't hold to Paul's facts.

Got it?

and as of this moment, you are probably so enraged within yourself,

Again, I'm not interested in your attempts to think for me.

that you don't even see you own thoughts as evil.

I accept the scriptural discourses as personally applicable. Every Word of same.

But hey. That alright smaller. I forgive you.

God doesn't let the "evil present" with anyone off the hook. It's condemned. Period.

I know the tenancies of the human heart. I know our desires to want to defend ourselves. I know that no matter what I do, as long as I am in this world, evil will always be present with me. I know that you do not know what you do, but that alright: I forgive you.

You can excuse and cover for evil present all you want. I have no interests in performing that kind of service.
Now if we are true to ourselves and take in EVERY word of God, then you might understand the concept of reaping what you sow, so while you may feel that some of my responses have come across as slurs,

I don't really know what your complaint is OTHER than linking EVIL PRESENT and SIN to the DEVIL.
they were not intended as such. It's just the way that we say things and we hear things with the human heart when we are trying to defend ourselves in the face of an accuser. As a man who claims to know so much about the evil that indwells each of, I would have expected you to understand that.

I have no idea what you are rambling about quite frankly.

Matthew 7:24-27
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Matthew 5:25
Agree with thine adversary quickly,

Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil:

Matthew 5:43-44
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:21-23
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Matthew 6:33-34
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Jesus instructed us on how to deal with evil. You have heard his words. You can either follow them, or not. Love your enemy. Make peace with your adversary. Forgive one another. Resist not evil. Now in light of the instructions of Jesus on how we should deal with evil. How do these statement measure up to the words and instruction of Christ?

I do not extend Grace and Mercy to "evil present." It's not even remotely possible for that to happen. Grace does not "allow" for evil to be authorized, ever.

God has extented his grace to me, and the evil inside me. Don't you know that God has already judged the world according to sin?

Me: We do have to resist the devil, and evil present

Jesus said resist not.

You can excuse and cover for evil present all you want. I have no interests in performing that kind of service.

There is no excusing going on. Just accepting that this is the way our maker has seen fit to make use. Therefore there is no more reason to seek to excuse it: but rather embrace it. Lest your love wax cold.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back