Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Under Grace not Under Law

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That's my view too
Where in the article posted as, Are Christians Saints or Sinners, that view appear? A reminder of what you said is your view too.

The term "sinner" refers to someone who has not repented and believed in Jesus and whose life is characterized by self centered behavior and sin. (As in 1Cor 6:9-10)
But there is nothing in scripture that says that born again, spirit filled, saved and faithful believers never sin.

Because that is not to be credited to Papyrus so that you could actually say that is your view too as if it was her view first and you concur.

You wrote that and more in your post #10. You're then actually saying your view too is what you wrote as your opinion.

Even if the New Testament says there are conditions?
It specifically says that there are conditions.

COL 1:21-23
And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works,
yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight IF YOU CONTINUE IN YOUR FAITH, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel.

and

Heb 3:14

We have come to share in Christ IF WE HOLD FIRMLY TILL THE END THE CONFIDENCE WE HAD AT FIRST.

and

2 PE 1:5-10

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For IF you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But IF anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For IF YOU DO THESE THINGS, YOU WILL NEVER FALL,

and

2 PE 2:15a They have forsaken the right way and gone astray,…

2 PE 2:20-22 For IF, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

and

EZE 18:24 "But IF a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, HE WILL DIE.”

So, the scripture says that there most definitely are conditions.
Conditions to “stay” saved? No scriptures don’t. If one thinks he has to maintain good works of obedience to STAY saved, then that person has not believed in the gospel of Christ. The natural fruit of one who has been saved by Gods grace in Christ, is a repentant and faithful heart. If a professor in Christ habitually sins, then you tell me, what has he believed about Christ and His gospel? Absolutely nothing! As that sinner shows he’s still dead in his sin. As Christ told the self righteous Pharisees, bear fruit worthy of repentance.. All believers will bear fruit, some 100 fold, some 60 fold, some 30 fold. Matthew 13:8. That’s a guarantee, as the elect were created for such. Ephesians 2:10. All believers desire righteousness. It’s their nature now, via regeneration. And they mourn over their wretched sinful flesh, as they desire to rid themselves of it... as they lay hold upon Christ and His righteousness alone as their assurance. I hope you’ve done enough in the end to keep what you have. Because if conditions must be met so that you must maintain to be saved in the end, then there is no hope for the sinner. The elect and their refuge and the anchor for their souls, is Christ and He alone

Conditions to “stay” saved? No scriptures don’t. If one thinks he has to maintain good works of obedience to STAY saved, then that person has not believed in the gospel of Christ. The natural fruit of one who has been saved by Gods grace in Christ, is a repentant and faithful heart. If a professor in Christ habitually sins, then you tell me, what has he believed about Christ and His gospel? Absolutely nothing! As that sinner shows he’s still dead in his sin. As Christ told the self righteous Pharisees, bear fruit worthy of repentance.. All believers will bear fruit, some 100 fold, some 60 fold, some 30 fold. Matthew 13:8. That’s a guarantee, as the elect were created for such. Ephesians 2:10. All believers desire righteousness. It’s their nature now, via regeneration. And they mourn over their wretched sinful flesh, as they desire to rid themselves of it... as they lay hold upon Christ and His righteousness alone as their assurance. I hope you’ve done enough in the end to keep what you have. Because if conditions must be met so that you must maintain to be saved in the end, then there is no hope for the sinner. The elect and their refuge and the anchor for their souls, is Christ and He alone
:goodpost
Strap in! It's going to be a bumpy rebuttal.

I think I will deviate a little bit here. I think I can safely assume that the same thing was going on back in the OT that is going on right now. You had people living however they wanted doing whatever they wanted with the mentality that they would just go make a sacrifice and all would be made well. While you had the Pharisee's or Sadducee's or whoever that considered themselves righteous because they adhered to the law. I think there is always a ditch on both sides of the road. We are basically in the same two camps here. One is saying that Jesus covered all sins once and for all and I can do what I want and the other is saying that you still have to keep the law. But God looks at the Heart, not the outward appearance. The holy spirit will convict you of sin that he doesn't want you to do. It's because he Loves you and wants what is best for your life. If you Love him and have Faith in that, then you will want to follow the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I think we all struggle with faith in certain areas. In some ways I have great Faith. In other things not so much. My Job is to try to draw near to God and get more faith where I lack it. This shouldn't be about What can I get away with or what can't I do.

Where in the article posted as, Are Christians Saints or Sinners, that view appear? A reminder of what you said is your view too.

The term "sinner" refers to someone who has not repented and believed in Jesus and whose life is characterized by self centered behavior and sin. (As in 1Cor 6:9-10)
But there is nothing in scripture that says that born again, spirit filled, saved and faithful believers never sin.

Because that is not to be credited to Papyrus so that you could actually say that is your view too as if it was her view first and you concur.

You wrote that and more in your post #10. You're then actually saying your view too is what you wrote as your opinion.
OK

If one thinks he has to maintain good works of obedience to STAY saved, then that person has not believed in the gospel of Christ.
So your opinion succeeds scripture.Faith without works will not save anyone. (James 2)
The natural fruit of one who has been saved by Gods grace in Christ, is a repentant and faithful heart.
Faith without works is dead. (James 2 again)
If a professor in Christ habitually sins, then you tell me, what has he believed about Christ and His gospel?
That's a different topic.
Faith without WORKS is dead.
Continuing to sin as before is a different from doing good works.
As Christ told the self righteous Pharisees, bear fruit worthy of repentance.. All believers will bear fruit,
Then why did Jesus tell them to bear fruit?
And why did Jesus say that the Father cuts off every branch (believer) IN Him who does not bear fruit and those branches are gathered up and thrown in the fire. (hell) (John 15)
Because if conditions must be met so that you must maintain to be saved in the end, then there is no hope for the sinner.
The hope is not for the sinner.
It is for the regenerated, Spirit-filled believer whom Jesus told to do good works. (Mat 5:16)
It is the believer to whom Jesus said:
...the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;
and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
(John 5:28-29)
Jesus also said to the resurrected at the judgment:
...Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For (because) I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Mat 25:34-36)
They will inherit the kingdom because they did good works. (Acts of mercy in this case)
And Jesus will also say:
... Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For (because) I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
They were sent to hell because they did NOT do the good works.
And to sum up His teaching He said:
And these (the ones with NO GOOD WORKS) shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous (the ones with good works) into life eternal.

Notice that Jesus said absolutely NOTHING about whether they believed or not.

Paul said the same thing. (Romans 2:6-9)
(God) will render to every man according to his deeds:
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,...

The scriptures repeatedly tell you that good works are very definitely REQUIRED of the believer to be given eternal life.

But you don't have to believe the scriptures I quoted for you.
You can wait until the judgment to find out is Jesus and Paul and James meant what they said.

Good luck with that.

I think there is always a ditch on both sides of the road.

Yes legalism on one side, and lawlessness on the other.

We are called to walk, not looking to the right hand nor to the left, but be led along the path of righteousness for His name sake.

Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
Isaiah 30:21

JLB

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Paul is warning these Christians at Corinth that if they practice the works of the flesh, they will not inherit the kingdom of God.

He writes the same thing to the Ephesians.

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Ephesians 5:3-7

Paul warns these Christians, not to be partakers of God's wrath along with the sons of disobedience; unbelievers.

John gives the principle of those who are righteous:

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

Christian's who practice the works of the flesh, are walking in unrighteousness.

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God

Do you believe Paul is writing to unsaved, unbelievers?

How can an unbeliever walk in the Spirit?

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:16-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

This warning, in 1 Cor 6:9-10 is to Spirit filled Christians, in Corinth, who were abundant in the gifts of the Spirit, yet were still living in immorality.

He told them to have no fellowship with Christians who practice immorality, even to not even eat with them, but rather put them out of the Church.

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”
1 Corinthians 5:9-13

• But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. 1 Corinthians 5:11

JLB

So your opinion succeeds scripture.Faith without works will not save anyone. (James 2)

Faith without works is dead. (James 2 again)

That's a different topic.
Faith without WORKS is dead.
Continuing to sin as before is a different from doing good works.

Then why did Jesus tell them to bear fruit?
And why did Jesus say that the Father cuts off every branch (believer) IN Him who does not bear fruit and those branches are gathered up and thrown in the fire. (hell) (John 15)

The hope is not for the sinner.
It is for the regenerated, Spirit-filled believer whom Jesus told to do good works. (Mat 5:16)
It is the believer to whom Jesus said:
...the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;
and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
(John 5:28-29)
Jesus also said to the resurrected at the judgment:
...Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For (because) I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Mat 25:34-36)
They will inherit the kingdom because they did good works. (Acts of mercy in this case)
And Jesus will also say:
... Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For (because) I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
They were sent to hell because they did NOT do the good works.
And to sum up His teaching He said:
And these (the ones with NO GOOD WORKS) shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous (the ones with good works) into life eternal.

Notice that Jesus said absolutely NOTHING about whether they believed or not.

Paul said the same thing. (Romans 2:6-9)
(God) will render to every man according to his deeds:
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,...

The scriptures repeatedly tell you that good works are very definitely REQUIRED of the believer to be given eternal life.

But you don't have to believe the scriptures I quoted for you.
You can wait until the judgment to find out is Jesus and Paul and James meant what they said.

Good luck with that.
I’m sure I’m completely speaking pass you. As you erect the straw man fallacy. The self righteous “law keepers” always assume that if one holds to salvation by grace alone, to automatically assume him to be antinomian. Or living in sin and disobedience. It’s obvious that proponents who see the law as a justification before God miss the understanding of what salvation truly is. All the colorful scripture doesn’t justify your position that a sinner must meet conditions to STAY saved. Just proves that the mentality of this stance is still under law and not grace

If we look at salvation as a split moment in time....
And ignore the scriptures that speak to salvation as a life long relationship
With Father God thru His son Jesus
We are missing the core of what Christ asks of His followers.....
Sacrifice
Endurance
Trials and testing of faith
Growing in the Spirit
Loving neighbors and enemies
Continual prayer
He who endures to the end will be saved
Jesus

I’m sure I’m completely speaking pass you.
No, you are not.
As you erect the straw man fallacy.
What part of scripture which I posted for you do you consider a "Straw man"?
The self righteous “law keepers”
(1) Try not to be insulting by calling people who don't agree with you "self-righteous."
(2) NOTHING I posted and anything to do with keeping the Law.
(3) Thus, it is YOU who has employed a straw man fallacy.
always assume that if one holds to salvation by grace alone, to automatically assume him to be antinomian.
Preaching salvation by grace alone without the accompanying good works for which we were created (Eph 2:10) and which Christ commanded (Mat 5:16) IS the essence of antinomianism.
Or living in sin and disobedience.
That's not a complete sentence so I will have to guess at your meaning.
I have not once suggested that anyone was "living in sin and disobedience".
That is another straw man fallacy that you have employed.
It’s obvious that proponents who see the law as a justification before God miss the understanding of what salvation truly is.
I have never suggested that keeping the Law was justification before GOd.
That would be yet another straw man fallacy.
All the colorful scripture doesn’t justify your position that a sinner must meet conditions to STAY saved.
"Colorful scripture"??? What do you imagine that to be?
Scripture (colorful or not) is God's word spoken to every one of us personally.
It is not "colorful"; it is TRUTH.

Since a sinner is NOT saved, and I have not suggested that he is, you have posted your 4th strawman fallacy.
Also, since a sinner is, by definition NOT saved, it is impossible for him to Stay saved. Your comment is illogical.
Just proves that the mentality of this stance is still under law and not grace
Again, you have posted a sentence fragment.
And again (5th time) you have posted a strawman fallacy suggesting that I am a proponent of keeping the Law. I am not. Neither have I posted, at any time, anything to suggest that I hold the view that a Christian must keep the Law of Moses.

What I have done is point out to you from scripture that Jesus specifically stated that the basis of receiving eternal life or eternal punishment will be whether your works were good or evil. (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29) If you so choose, you may ignore Jesus' specific words at your peril.

I am, however, a proponent of obeying Jesus Christ.
Mat 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe (That means "obey") all that I have commanded you
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
and
Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
and
Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Jesus also said: "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you?" with the implication being that, if you do not do as HE tells you then HE is NOT your lord. (Luk 6:46)

And, just to let you know, continually misrepresenting what other people say is bearing false witness, or, in other words, lying. Liars go to hell just like murderers and thieves.

Rev 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death

I earnestly plead with you, for the sake of your eternal life, that you repent of that behavior and discontinue that practice.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you.

iakov the fool

If we look at salvation as a split moment in time....
And ignore the scriptures that speak to salvation as a life long relationship
With Father God thru His son Jesus
We are missing the core of what Christ asks of His followers.....
Sacrifice
Endurance
Trials and testing of faith
Growing in the Spirit
Loving neighbors and enemies
Continual prayer
He who endures to the end will be saved
Jesus
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Scriptures twisted in order to support the argument of conditional security don't make God's covenant most definitely one of conditional security. It makes those enraptured by conditional security most definitely false witnesses against the truth of God's covenant. And those pastors should repent or die condemned. As the actual scriptures say of all who are dead in their sins.

It isn't rocket science this blessing our Lord died to deliver to the whole world. Those who are in Christ don't sin. Common sense when knowing the scriptures that isn't so common among those opposed. If a Christian were still a sinner, they'd still be dead in their sins. That isn't how it works when the damned are redeemed in Christ! They are REBORN, and are then ALIVE IN Christ.,
Which is why the important and very simple truth was brought up in a different thread on this forum and by Eugene. Mary of Magdala saved from being stoned to death by Jesus who in the process of insuring her salvation from that fate , challenged the law keeper men of the village who were ready to kill her according to the law of God.
"He who is without sin cast the first stone."
Those men dropped their rocks because none were without sin under the law .

Then the son of man able to forgive sins reached out to Mary and told her to go, and sin no more. He had forgiven her her trespasses under his, God's law.

A poignant encapsulation of the full good news. Those whom God has given his grace to, as Jesus did Mary, and are forgiven their sins, as Jesus did Mary, are sinners no more.
It is bold balderdash for any doctrine to attempt to overcome what Christ died to deliver. If the repentant, redeemed sinner who was dead in their sins, is saved from their sins and the second death due to Jesus blood atonement , propitiation, for those sins, how is it that that one he died for and redeemed remains as they were? A sinner who sins?

They DO NOT. And it is a damnable lie from the deepest part of the pit of Hell for any cult anywhere on the planet earth to insist upon it. And in doing so, call Jesus Christ failed incompetence who died for nothing on the cross. Which is exactly what that lying doctrine that teaches Christians are still sinners who sin, is saying! Say back, anyone who encounters such a cult, GET BEHIND ME SATAN!

Just as Jesus did when he was about his fathers business and the adversary to that mission tried to tempt and teach him another way.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Well if you can insist on conditional security you can seek out the scripture that tell Christians Jesus did not come to save the righteous but the sinners. The well do not need a physician. The ill do.
It would be stark stupid for Jesus to come to save the sinners when he knew full well there were those who would be righteous in his sight once those called by the grace of God repented of their sins, REPENTED of their SINS and were forgiven by the God that would remember their sins no more, to then say he came to save the righteous after they repented because by golly they were still gonna be sinners and unrighteous.
Conditional security doctrine is Hell's spawn. Not Christ's covenant sealed by his blood. And that is why it is true. Those unrighteous will never see the kingdom of God.

No, you are not.

What part of scripture which I posted for you do you consider a "Straw man"?

(1) Try not to be insulting by calling people who don't agree with you "self-righteous."
(2) NOTHING I posted and anything to do with keeping the Law.
(3) Thus, it is YOU who has employed a straw man fallacy.

Preaching salvation by grace alone without the accompanying good works for which we were created (Eph 2:10) and which Christ commanded (Mat 5:16) IS the essence of antinomianism.

That's not a complete sentence so I will have to guess at your meaning.
I have not once suggested that anyone was "living in sin and disobedience".
That is another straw man fallacy that you have employed.

I have never suggested that keeping the Law was justification before GOd.
That would be yet another straw man fallacy.

"Colorful scripture"??? What do you imagine that to be?
Scripture (colorful or not) is God's word spoken to every one of us personally.
It is not "colorful"; it is TRUTH.

Since a sinner is NOT saved, and I have not suggested that he is, you have posted your 4th strawman fallacy.
Also, since a sinner is, by definition NOT saved, it is impossible for him to Stay saved. Your comment is illogical.

Again, you have posted a sentence fragment.
And again (5th time) you have posted a strawman fallacy suggesting that I am a proponent of keeping the Law. I am not. Neither have I posted, at any time, anything to suggest that I hold the view that a Christian must keep the Law of Moses.

What I have done is point out to you from scripture that Jesus specifically stated that the basis of receiving eternal life or eternal punishment will be whether your works were good or evil. (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29) If you so choose, you may ignore Jesus' specific words at your peril.

I am, however, a proponent of obeying Jesus Christ.
Mat 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe (That means "obey") all that I have commanded you
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
and
Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
and
Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Jesus also said: "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you?" with the implication being that, if you do not do as HE tells you then HE is NOT your lord. (Luk 6:46)

And, just to let you know, continually misrepresenting what other people say is bearing false witness, or, in other words, lying. Liars go to hell just like murderers and thieves.

Rev 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death

I earnestly plead with you, for the sake of your eternal life, that you repent of that behavior and discontinue that practice.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you.

iakov the fool
Straw man like I said. And speaking past you. So a subtle way of calling me an antinomian lol? Then you accuse me of insulting. If you care to read what I’ve stated before, I said works do accompany salvation. It’s the immediate fruit of being saved by Gods grace in Christ. So who is bearing false witness? Are you not teaching that good works determine eternal life? Or should I say your good works justifies you before God? So how am I bearing false witness. And are you not saying if one doesn’t continue to bear good works he can lose his salvation? If one believes a child of God can lose his salvation, then that person believes not the gospel of Christ.. because that person makes Christ and His finished work of no effect. And nullifies the grace of God as he believes his good works somehow merits eternal life. Repent from what behavior? Of showing that Christ alone and His merits alone justifies, apart from mans works

When we are risen from the dead and joined to Christ in His kingdom, then we will be completely sinless. (And, of course, we do not sin while our bodies are dead and buried!)
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
there is nothing in scripture that says that born again, spirit filled, saved and faithful believers never sin.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God . . . .
1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not . . . .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back