Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth What God wants, God gets!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We start our story today with the children of Israel in bondage to a ruthless, tyrannical leader named Pharaoh. It was time for God to deliver His people and establish them as a nation. But why would Pharaoh listen to the God of slaves. In his mind he was God and he didn’t know the power that the God of the Hebrew children possessed, but he was about to find out.

God chose a humble shepherd who was slow of speech to be His spokesman. After 10 plagues (blood, frogs, lice, flies, disease, boils, hail, locusts, darkness, and death) the Egyptian people we quite happy to allow the Hebrew children to leave their country. But Pharaoh was not done yet. He finally let the children of Israel go but he regretted his decision and pursued them into the wilderness with the full force of his army. Surely this rag tag band of slaves could not stand against the armies of the most powerful nation on earth at the time.

They did not have to stand against the armies of Pharaoh because God had a plan. It looked bad for the Hebrew children because they had the Red Sea ahead of them and Pharaoh’s army behind them. Surely they were trapped and their doom was eminent. Moses instructed the people, “Do not be afraid, Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today.” Exodus 14:13 NKJ The Lord instructed Moses to stretch out his hand over the waters and the Red Sea parted. This lowly bunch of former slaves passed through the Red Sea on dry land.

Pharaoh instructed his army to pursue the children of Israel into the sea. At just the right time the Red Sea water returned and all the army of Pharaoh that came into the sea were coved with water a drowned.

Pharaoh was an example of ultimate arrogance. He was a powerful ruler but he met a more powerful God. Are their things in your life that you feel the Lord wants you to accomplish but something that is holding you back, something you feel isn’t in your control? Remember this, the God you serve is a very powerful God, more powerful than any force on this earth. If it is in His plan, He is capable of moving any force to get you in a position to accomplish His will. Remember, what God wants, God gets!

Lord God! …. There is nothing to hard for you.” Jer. 32:17

I know that. but its not a sin do those things. channukah is the 27th. this year I will do the Passover feast. its one thing to read about it another to do that. I was looking something and learned about the omer countdown to the Passover feast.

I think that Christians forget that we are grafted in to the Hebrew nation, converted Jews are not grafted into the gentile nations. We forget where we come from. I have been on a quest to learn the Hebrew language and it is amazing. I did a passover sitar (not sure that is how it is spelled) and it was very powerful. We should not become Judiazers and adopt all of the Jewish culture and all their rituals, but we as Christians should remember where we came from.

I think that Christians forget that we are grafted in to the Hebrew nation, converted Jews are not grafted into the gentile nations. We forget where we come from. I have been on a quest to learn the Hebrew language and it is amazing. I did a passover sitar (not sure that is how it is spelled) and it was very powerful. We should not become Judiazers and adopt all of the Jewish culture and all their rituals, but we as Christians should remember where we came from.
its seder, and I am jewish believer.

who says I don't. I was just thinking hannukah starts at sundown on Wednesday and what place to follow with the parshah, and that I don't have a kippah.

Yes, all of the Old Testament points to Jesus. I have learned the old, old Hebrew and nearly every symbol in that language points to Jesus. We gentiles have no excuse either. We are ALL a hard hearted people until Jesus gets ahold of us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back