Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth What God wants, God gets!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, all of the Old Testament points to Jesus. I have learned the old, old Hebrew and nearly every symbol in that language points to Jesus. We gentiles have no excuse either. We are ALL a hard hearted people until Jesus gets ahold of us.
Its a 1.5 hour sermon, the Chassidic rabbi is teaching a lot. the link to joseph's story of his dream that was about the famine is too powerful to not to link to channukah in their eyes. he is also comparing California to ancient Egypt , while I see all of America as that. theres much I can post about this that I have listened already.

Its a 1.5 hour sermon, the Chassidic rabbi is teaching a lot. the link to joseph's story of his dream that was about the famine is too powerful to not to link to channukah in their eyes. he is also comparing California to ancient Egypt , while I see all of America as that. theres much I can post about this that I have listened already.
Yes we definitely parallel Egypt because we are the most powerful nation on earth at the present time. God took Egypt down when He freed His chosen people. That question is will God take this nation down to free His people now, the Bride of Christ?

yes but the attitude of the Egyptians is what I think hits the most. the fact that we have an entilement mentality. he is really going into the vision of pharaoh on the nile standing above it and talking about not working for a blessing is a curse. theres a lot of truth to that. he nor I am not saying that a gift from god is bad but often we can be so blessed that we do have that its owed to me mentality rather then appreciate the work of the earth to get what we need or what is given to us comes from someone elses labor.

I know that. but its not a sin do those things. channukah is the 27th. this year I will do the Passover feast. its one thing to read about it another to do that. I was looking something and learned about the omer countdown to the Passover feast.

Is the passover feast the one where the Hebrews put blood over their doors so the angel of death would pass over them?
If so, will you be eating a lamb with bitter herbs?

they did but they don't use lamb now its chicken or other meats. the reason they don't use a lamb is because of the temple not being around. yes bitter herbs are used and wine is used, the chuppa in the marriage ceremony Is linked to this too.

I haven't tried that. they do use horse raddish mixed with something to get that bitterness. but I haven't done the Passover. I plan too this coming season. its a week long feast not just one day.

Is the passover feast the one where the Hebrews put blood over their doors so the angel of death would pass over them?
If so, will you be eating a lamb with bitter herbs?

In Luke 22, where the Lord Jesus observed the last passover, it became what was to be known as the Lord's Supper because from then onwards the disciples would be looking back to the finished sacrifice (Hebrews ch.s 10 & 11) instead of foward.

the rabbi just mention that Hebrew word for world is olam which is from helam which means hidden, and that God is hidden in creation and does hide in it and we seek him in creation. I have said that indirectly. also listen to what he says about channukah and Christmas. with gelt I have seen that. my dad has done gelt like we do with giving.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back