Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What will cause men's hearts to fail?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I thought maybe people wouldn't be able to die because they took the mark of the beast and it messed with their genetic code- so not only are they unable to die, but they are no longer fully human, thus not able to receive God's gift of forgiveness. Plus they may want to die in the first place because if their genetic code is messed with, they may become physical abominations. Like a human-animal hybrid or something like that.
Regina, let's use some imagination in a scenario that could be and has been very real for people.
Can you imagine how someone who is trapped somewhere and on a daily bases they are being tortured but not to the point of death, how they may wish they could die but cannot?
Can you imagine someone who is trapped somewhere and on a daily bases is being starved but not to the point of a quick death, how they may wish they could die but cannot?
Can you imagine someone who is racked by the pain of disease wishing they could die but cannot? ie. leprosy, cancer
I believe you said you are a psychologist so these things I know you understand.

Yes I did read it and no, I don't see how that relates to what I said.
Maybe you aren't like me, wanting to know what leads up to statements in the Bible. My mistake for the assumption. I can see how it might have distracted you. I see now that I should have simply directed you right to the verse with the key words... verse 18.

Verse 18 begins a discourse of what "God's Wrath" was in this case (and, may I add, many, many other instances in the Bible). Actually, to the disobedient people of that day... homosexuals especially... "God's Wrath" was probably quite pleasant. God simply allowed them to do as they pleased. (It's written right there for us to read.)

This is in direct contradiction to your earlier statement that you were talking about some big end times scene of "The Days Of Vengeance" (or however you put it). God's wrath existed and was enacted constantly, running all through the Bible... and not always as a violent, vindictive "beat down". Sometimes the Israelites were the recipients of a rather mild form of God's wrath... more like a irritated hand-slapping... sometimes it was the Gentiles.

I believe we get all warped out of shape, and tend to buy into all this rampant "End-of The World" fever going around right now when we constantly look to find some slaughtering and torture whenever we see the word. "wrath".

Luke 21:26
"Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

What do you suppose will cause people to basically have heart attacks when they see it? What sort of abominations are coming down the pike? And what does it mean that the powers of heaven shall be shaken? Will the sky LITERALLY be falling?? And are we seeing the beginnings of all this now- or is this far off in the future?

If everything you believe about your worldly inheritance as a favored child of God was shown to be false, then the image you've constructed and hold in your mind of everything heavenly would be shaken and crumble.

As a Christian this won't happen to us because we know our inheritance is not of this world. However, for the first or second century Jew who saw their worldly identity repeatedly smashed by Rome???

This is in direct contradiction to your earlier statement that you were talking about some big end times scene of "The Days Of Vengeance" (or however you put it).

I think if you go back and actually read what is written, you will see that I didn't limit the wrath of God to the end times. So no, there are no contradictions.

And "The Days of Vengeance" thing.........God's words, not mine. He put it like that, not me.

I thought maybe people wouldn't be able to die because they took the mark of the beast and it messed with their genetic code- so not only are they unable to die, but they are no longer fully human, thus not able to receive God's gift of forgiveness. Plus they may want to die in the first place because if their genetic code is messed with, they may become physical abominations. Like a human-animal hybrid or something like that.
wow, ok so where does it say that a baby that received the mark of the beast is doing that willingly? the bible says all both YOUNG and OLD. you don't think that the ac would kill the parents and take the baby and force him or her into idolatry?

Luke 21:26
"Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

What do you suppose will cause people to basically have heart attacks when they see it? What sort of abominations are coming down the pike? And what does it mean that the powers of heaven shall be shaken? Will the sky LITERALLY be falling?? And are we seeing the beginnings of all this now- or is this far off in the future?
Men's hearts failing them for fear (has nothing to do with heat disease, but rather men losing heart, i.e., having no more courage to continue), and for looking after those things which are coming on the Earth (Rev., Chpts. 6-19 give us in graphic detail an account of that which will happen): for the powers of heaven shall be shaken (proclaims the judgment of God that will fall upon unbelieving Israel and the Gentile nations, which will have no precedent in all past history, and will have no counterpart in all succeeding history [Matthew 24:21] ).

Matthew chapter 24 explains all that will come before the great and terrible day of the Lord. It's not past history found only in the OT, but past and future as history always repeats itself and all these things mentioned will be on an even greater scale as in Vs. 21 says, For then shall be great tribulation, (not a seven year tribulation) such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. What time, the time of sorrows that will cause many to lose faith in Christ (hearts will fail them) because of the false teachings they have believed in as a pretrib rapture and some Great Seven Year Tribulation that the saints of God will be taken out of here before it begins, which is found nowhere in scripture, but taught as a theory only. Vs.13 says, But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. OK, the end of what, the end of all sorrows (tribulations) yet to come that are described in Matthew 24 and in all things of Revelation up to Chapter 14 after the seventh trumpet call when Christ returns in the clouds and sends out His angels to gather in the harvest where the sheep are then separated from the goats, the wheat from the tares and then we will be with the Lord forever.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Regina, let's use some imagination in a scenario that could be and has been very real for people.
Can you imagine how someone who is trapped somewhere and on a daily bases they are being tortured but not to the point of death, how they may wish they could die but cannot?
Can you imagine someone who is trapped somewhere and on a daily bases is being starved but not to the point of a quick death, how they may wish they could die but cannot?
Can you imagine someone who is racked by the pain of disease wishing they could die but cannot? ie. leprosy, cancer
I believe you said you are a psychologist so these things I know you understand.
Occam's razor. ..the simplest explanation is usually the best. And of course I've got my head in the clouds thinking ufos and nephilim! Thanks for the dose of common sense Deborah.

Luke 21
22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

The people are witnessing and being caught up in the wrath of God.

1lg139tornado1.gif

vengeance for what?

vengeance for what?

Deuteronomy 32....(NKJV)
41 If I whet My glittering sword,
And My hand takes hold on judgment,
I will render vengeance to My enemies,
And repay those who hate Me.

42 I will make My arrows drunk with blood,
And My sword shall devour flesh,
With the blood of the slain and the captives,
From the heads of the leaders of the enemy.”’
43 “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people;
For He will avenge the blood of His servants,
And render vengeance to His adversaries;

He will provide atonement for His land and His people.”

soapbox.gif

Deuteronomy 32....(NKJV)
41 If I whet My glittering sword,
And My hand takes hold on judgment,
I will render vengeance to My enemies,
And repay those who hate Me.

42 I will make My arrows drunk with blood,
And My sword shall devour flesh,
With the blood of the slain and the captives,
From the heads of the leaders of the enemy.”’
43 “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people;
For He will avenge the blood of His servants,
And render vengeance to His adversaries;

He will provide atonement for His land and His people.”

soapbox.gif

then why would a modern saved member of the 144,000 recite that to the LORD in heaven? that is the song of moses!

then why would a modern saved member of the 144,000 recite that to the LORD in heaven? that is the song of moses!

Romans 12....(NKJV)
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

soapbox.gif

Romans 12....(NKJV)
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

soapbox.gif

and notice its ONLY them. why aren't the larger masses singing that? and why does the tribes matter now? it doesn't because the levites cant be found and will never be. there is some small but really not much evidence of a cohen and variants being levites but saved? what does it matter now?

james 1. read the first verse. then consider that the reason of the song of moses which was a lot more then you quoted is also about isreal judged. that is why the 144,000 recited it. they were telling god, what you said is TRUE.

and notice its ONLY them. why aren't the larger masses singing that? and why does the tribes matter now? it doesn't because the levites cant be found and will never be. there is some small but really not much evidence of a cohen and variants being levites but saved? what does it matter now?

james 1. read the first verse. then consider that the reason of the song of moses which was a lot more then you quoted is also about isreal judged. that is why the 144,000 recited it. they were telling god, what you said is TRUE.

Answer this question.

vengeance for what?

This was asked after I posted this.

Luke 21
22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

What are the Days of Vengeance and what is being avenged?

for the murder of Christ. so isreal will be damned again and sold into slavery? go to matthew 24 and it also says that stuff. those two go together. take in matthew 23 and why jesus said that.

god is slaying his own. fleeing to the mountians would save you from god? why would jesus tell the audience to flee there if that was a place of refuge and it wasn't? so that means for those that see that army. flee because you are warned not be part of jerusalems sins.

isreal of ad 70 was judged for her refusal to accept the messiah.will modern isreal face such a thing again? for killing jesus?

Answer this question.

Luke 21
IMO The vengeance is for this...
Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Answer this question.

Luke 21

The many curses of Deuteronomy for breaking the covenant. As to the OT we have Deu 28:28

how could the saints not starve when their means of food is ravaged by the loss of heat and light? how would they survive that cold? one third of the sunlight means what? dimmer sun? or a literal third of the sun as is one large sun spot? never mind a sun spot emights no light but a ton of em radiation and solar waves.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back