Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wresting or Reasoning Scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Remember this.
If you honestly want Gods truth about all of Christianity, go to Him "HUMBLY" in prayer and lay your heart out bare before the Lord, and ask for nothing but the truth, and God will bless you with a faith beyond anything you could imagine asking for, and so much more as a bonus, that will simply "BLOW YOU AWAY."
He did me !!

To me this is the only way we can have the ability to see and embrace the truth.

JLB

Inference: “some shall depart from the profession of the faith,” since God keeps those who truly are in the faith from leaving it (Phl 1:6).
This is a good example of what's wrong with the church today.
It begins with a false premise and then builds everything on top of that until they are sure they have discerned the scriptures properly.

In this example, Philippians 1:6 is being isolated from the rest of scripture. That's called not rightly dividing the word of God.
We know from other scripture that Philippians 1:6 is conditional on the believer remaining in the faith:

"22 ...He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence— 23if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard" - Colossians 1:22-23

He completes the work in the person who continues in him. The promise of Philippians 1:6 is for the person who continues in the faith, not the ex-believer.

"6 being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 1:6

He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion if you keep believing. Philippians 1:6 in no way means he'll complete it no matter what, thus, no one can lose their salvation. That is a twisted, contorted interpretation based on a false presumption that one can't lose their salvation, so that's how the verse gets read.

It's scary how the Theologians we respect and exalt are so guilty of letting frontlets of predetermined thinking blind their eyes to the scriptures. They haven't reasoned out the scriptures very well at all because they have an erroneous predetermined conclusion that steers them away from the truth of the scriptures. It's quite disturbing to me. I wish the church would stop being afraid to challenge these popular theologians and their commentaries. They have an aura about them of being untouchable, and that just isn't true. They are open to scrutiny just like Paul was.

Reactions: JLB
I hope not, as I still see myself as immature in many parts of the faith, as I will be the rest of my life.

I'm learning for at least myself, that I will never fully understand, or be as scholarly as some would hope you think they are.

As scripture says, we are to divide the word of God rightly, for me after much prayer, and we are ALL to mature to a point of teaching in Gods truth and LOVE, after we mature into that knowledge, that isn't what we think, but what we know,
or, I LOVE THIS, to "Oida." This is a beautiful Greek word, that means to FULLY KNOW, as opposed to "ganosko" or to "epiganosko", meaning the process of coming to the full knowledge of, as a process to fulfillment.
These when studied, are such fabulously beautiful words with so much depth to learn from, and bring new understandings, as many here probably know very well.

Thank you netchaplain for your amazing words of truth to start off this thread. I'll enjoy following it !!
My name is OLIGOS

By the way, using Koine Greek to explain something biblical is no big deal to me. It's just a way to go deeper in clarifying Gods word :thumbsup.
Hi and thank you too for your input and labor on this site. God's blessings to all the Families on all the sites which believers fellowship, and God be blessed in the highest!

This is a good example of what's wrong with the church today.
It begins with a false premise and then builds everything on top of that until they are sure they have discerned the scriptures properly.

In this example, Philippians 1:6 is being isolated from the rest of scripture. That's called not rightly dividing the word of God.
We know from other scripture that Philippians 1:6 is conditional on the believer remaining in the faith:

"22 ...He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence— 23if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard" - Colossians 1:22-23

He completes the work in the person who continues in him. The promise of Philippians 1:6 is for the person who continues in the faith, not the ex-believer.

"6 being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 1:6

He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion if you keep believing. Philippians 1:6 in no way means he'll complete it no matter what, thus, no one can lose their salvation. That is a twisted, contorted interpretation based on a false presumption that one can't lose their salvation, so that's how the verse gets read.

It's scary how the Theologians we respect and exalt are so guilty of letting frontlets of predetermined thinking blind their eyes to the scriptures. They haven't reasoned out the scriptures very well at all because they have an erroneous predetermined conclusion that steers them away from the truth of the scriptures. It's quite disturbing to me. I wish the church would stop being afraid to challenge these popular theologians and their commentaries. They have an aura about them of being untouchable, and that just isn't true. They are open to scrutiny just like Paul was.
"if you keep believing".
You can't use that with Phillipians 1:6 because it doesn't say it.
In fact, it doesn't say it anywhere in the entire letter to the Phillipians.
What I do see is 4:6-7; "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

This teaches us what to do and the results there of.
Your way is so negative, and I really don't believe you'll ever get anyone saved your way.
But then again, that's not your objective, is it?

"if you keep believing".
What I do see is 4:6-7; "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

This teaches us what to do and the results there of.
Your way is so negative, and I really don't believe you'll ever get anyone saved your way.

Glad to see you referring to God’s word brother.

Thank you for that.

However, Paul in his letter to the Philippians as in all his letters encourages us to continue believing and/or to continue in the faith that we would remain in Christ, being filled with all the fruits of righteousness. This of course is to people who are already saved.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain. Philippians 2:12-16

Amen, God bless you.

JLB

"if you keep believing".
That's what I'm saying!
You can't isolate Philippians 1:6 away from the whole counsel of the Bible where it does say that.
But that is exactly what OSAS does.
It breaks what may be the number one rule of reasoning out the scriptures--consider ALL that the Bible says about a subject before you build a doctrine.

Look at how the church messed up tithing!

Last edited:
As JLB is pointing out, we're addressing an issue concerning believers.
My goal is for believers to see that they are not saved 'no matter what', and that they must continue in what they heard from the beginning to be saved when Jesus comes back.

Reactions: JLB
My goal is for believers to see that they are not saved 'no matter what', and that they must continue in what they heard from the beginning to be saved when Jesus comes back.

Learn from Paul.
Show some love and support when you talk.

Learn from Paul.

His message it straight from Paul’s playbook, from the scriptures that Paul wrote.

Brother Jethro’s message is love, and encouragement.

Please understand what he is saying.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

Encouraging people who have wandered From the truth of God’s word to turn back to Him and His truth, is a message of love.

• he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Love covers a multitude of sins.

JLB

His message it straight from Paul’s playbook, from the scriptures that Paul wrote.

Brother Jethro’s message is love, and encouragement.

Please understand what he is saying.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

Encouraging people who have wandered From the truth of God’s word to turn back to Him and His truth, is a message of love.

• he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Love covers a multitude of sins.

JLB

Learn from Paul.

Your reading what Paul is saying to a faithful community of believers.

Here is what Paul has to say to others —

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain. One of them, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.” This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Titus 1:10-14

JLB

Your reading what Paul is saying to a faithful community of believers.

Here is what Paul has to say to others —

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain. One of them, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.” This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Titus 1:10-14

JLB
Are there that many deceivers and insubordinates on this forum that he has to come down on everyone who disagrees with him everyday?
You seem to think so.

Are there that many deceivers and insubordinates on this forum that he has to come down on everyone who disagrees with him everyday?
You seem to think so.

There is a flood of deception being poured out upon the Church and whoever the Devil can use to deceive Gods people, he will through false teachings.

Here is a picture of what mean —

So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. Revelation 12:15

This flood of deception comes directly from Satan.

He who has an ear, let him hear.

JLB

You can read and study about Jesus all day every day. Those scriptures point to Him as our savior. You must go to Him for life. Jesus introduced a covenant in His blood. The inward circumcision on our hearts by the Spirit is how God writes this covenant on the hearts of those He calls His children. Those born not of natural descent nor a husbands will nor human decision but born of God. If one has the Spirit of Christ in them they belong to Christ.

That is the test Paul spoke of.
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

You should have this witness from the Lord.
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Its a relationship. No one that has the spirit can be deceived away from Jesus. The very Spirit in us states to our very being Jesus lives and shows the NT to be a truthful and trustworthy witness. Though many in the world may not believe calling such truth myths and lies to their undoing.

Those of us who are saved and know our Lord would state, "we are not free to sin" And by our fruit people would know if our testimony is sincere. "Love expressing itself through faith" They would also hold to the testimony of Jesus as the Spirit in them teaches them not the world. They know God.

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Its not we need to continue as those who have the spirit will continue. That's how we know their born of God

Jesus will carry out His Fathers will.
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Now to him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand without blemish in the presence of his glory with rejoicing, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back