Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wresting or Reasoning Scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Willful, knowing, unbelief.
The unforgivable sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
It stops grace dead in it's tracks.

Yes, Rollo Tamasi , I'm being provocative!
Time to go full Anton on these lies in the church!
"
One who has the Spirit of Christ in them is one who "knows" Him. Unbelief??
Nor would one who knows Him refer the Spirit of God as something unclean.

Jesus will carry out His Fathers will by His abilities not ours.

You see the sign?
The Holy Spirit is leading me which way to go, all the time..

Amen
The will of the Father
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

My faith is in Him not me. He always carries out the will of His Father.

The will of the Father
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

My faith is in Him not me. He always carries out the will of His Father.

Amen, Jesus always carries out the will of the Father.

This point is never in question.

Will we obey the Lord so He can carry our the Father's will in our life.

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

• that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I believe its God's will that we continue to believe.

JLB

Amen, Jesus always carries out the will of the Father.

This point is never in question.

Will we obey the Lord so He can carry our the Father's will in our life.

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

• that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I believe its God's will that we continue to believe.

JLB
How can one have the Spirit of Christ in them and NOT know Jesus lives?
They KNOW Him. They hear His voice. They follow Him.
Those born of God Will continue to believe.
ALL those the Father gives Him will go to Him. And HE, not us, will not lose any of them. That is the Fathers will. He can and will protect them from the evil one.

You testified you speak in tongues. That you were baptized in the Spirit. Can you come to a point where you no longer believe? Can you all of sudden NOT know that witness? And you know that you are not free to sin. Can you envision a point where you would deny Christ?

Can you come to a point where you no longer believe?

Of course I can.

I can give in to the temptation to depart from Christ to stop persecution and death, to save my life that I may live a little longer.

But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Luke 8:13

JLB

That is the Fathers will.

Yes that is the Fathers will, that none should perish, but all come to repentance.

Do you believe everyone in the world will be saved?

Its Gods’s will.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

JLB

Nor would one who knows Him refer the Spirit of God as something unclean.
We do that when we willfully sin, not caring about the sanctification that we have received.
Hebrews 10:29 specifically refers to it as trampling on the Son, treating the blood as a common ordinary thing, and insulting the Spirit of grace.
The sanctified believer--now ex-believer--who does that and who refuses all of God's efforts to bring them back to faith in Christ will go to hell. That's what the Bible says. There is no sacrifice remaining to cover that sin.

Jesus will carry out His Fathers will by His abilities not ours.
But he does that through our faith.
That's why we have to keep believing.

Yes that is the Fathers will, that none should perish, but all come to repentance.

Do you believe everyone in the world will be saved?

Its Gods’s will.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

JLB
Jesus told those that did NOT believe in Him that ALL that the Father gives Him will come to Him. And in regard to those the Father gives Him its His Fathers will that He lose none of them but raise them up on the last day.
He will and is able to carry out the Fathers will.

The world may not listen to nor follow the Fathers will, as in None should perish, BUT Jesus does. That will is to Him alone. That "HE" should lose none of those the Father gives Him.

Those that are born of God have overcome the world and Jesus will protect them from the evil one.

We do that when we willfully sin, not caring about the sanctification that we have received.
Hebrews 10:29 specifically refers to it as trampling on the Son, treating the blood as a common ordinary thing, and insulting the Spirit of grace.
The sanctified believer--now ex-believer--who does that and who refuses all of God's efforts to bring them back to faith in Christ will go to hell. That's what the Bible says. There is no sacrifice remaining to cover that sin.

But he does that through our faith.
That's why we have to keep believing.
You can not deny the testimony of the Spirit to your spirit. You can not deny that as in being deceived away. No one can snatch the sheep from Jesus's hands.
And ex-believer is some one who NEVER knew Jesus. They did not have the Spirit of Christ in them.

The world may not listen to nor follow the Fathers will,

This applies to both believers and unbelievers.

We all have a choice to do the Father’s will or not.

No one can snatch the sheep from Jesus's hands.

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28

Those who hear (listen and obey) His voice, and follow Him, will not be snatched out of His hand.

Verse 28 is the result of believing and therefore obeying verse 27.

JLB

Those that are born of God have overcome the world and Jesus will protect them from the evil one.

Amen. God is good, which is why we should all continue to believe, so that we can continue to reap the benefit of God’s grace and mercy.

Those who no longer believe, no longer have the benefit of being forgiven of sin, sin they no longer have a sacrifice for sin.

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Hebrews 10:26

• there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins

By saying “no longer” the Spirit is indicating there once was a sacrifice for sin, but now because of departing from Christ in unbelief, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin.

I know you understand this, right?

JLB

Amen. God is good, which is why we should all continue to believe, so that we can continue to reap the benefit of God’s grace and mercy.

Those who no longer believe, no longer have the benefit of being forgiven of sin, sin they no longer have a sacrifice for sin.

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Hebrews 10:26

• there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins

By saying “no longer” the Spirit is indicating there once was a sacrifice for sin, but now because of departing from Christ in unbelief, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin.

I know you understand this, right?

JLB
I am sorry but how can those who are born of God NOT know Jesus lives? The line drawn is not just belief but having the Spirit of Christ in them. As in born again.
Those that come to the knowledge of the truth and continue to sin will perish. As in no longer. Those that believe for a little while and then fall away do not have the Spirit. As in no longer. They never belonged to Jesus.

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28

Those who hear (listen and obey) His voice, and follow Him, will not be snatched out of His hand.

Verse 28 is the result of believing and therefore obeying verse 27.

JLB
Actually it is "MY SHEEP" as Jesus stated. Those that have the Spirit of Christ in them belong to Jesus as Paul stated. Otherwise they are not the sheep Jesus claims as His own.

You can not deny the testimony of the Spirit to your spirit. You can not deny that as in being deceived away.
We're not talking about being deceived.
We're talking about willfully abandoning the grace of God.
A believer can do that.
Jesus gives reasons why a believer would do that.

No one can snatch the sheep from Jesus's hands.
That is correct.
You can not be snatched away from the flock against your will.
What we're talking about here is willingly departing from the flock.
The Shepherd won't let you go easily, but if you are set on leaving he will leave you to it.

And ex-believer is some one who NEVER knew Jesus. They did not have the Spirit of Christ in them.
Hebrews 10:10,14,29 is talking about saved, sanctified believers. The passage itself says so.

I am sorry but how can those who are born of God NOT know Jesus lives?

Brother , demons know Jesus lives.

Believing Jesus is Lord, is useless without following Him (obeying Him) as Lord.

Hearing His voice means listening and following His instructions, so we don't become lost.

JLB

He completes the work in the person who continues in him
"God who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Phl 1:6)
What is God's "good work in you"? Faith; and when will He cease from this work in you? When Jesus has us, seeing it will be no longer needed.

Thus the very thing God's works in us is that of keeping us in the faith! Saving faith begins with Jesus (Author) and ends with Jesus (Finisher). The absence of faith is the absence of the fruit of faith--which is only "fruit" (works) by the Spirit.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back