Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] A Forum given too much Merit!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Vorlon: What do you mean by which one?

Tua: In my opinion, Adaptation explains it all. I think I defined Adaptation in a my thread, new start. If not I will post it again.

I don't care about Adaptation, I want you to define, in your own words, what you think Evolution is.

Alright, if you couldn't tell by my last post here is my definition in formal style. This will be my extended version.

Remember this is a Brutus definition.

Evolution:
1. the nonexisting process most often used to discredit the existence of a creator, I.E. God

2. the word used when people refuse to except that we don't understand how God works in all the creatures of the earth

3. adaptaion over extended periods of time

4. apparently The Tuatha'an's favorite scientific study

5. a bunch of nonsense that God will disprove when Jesus comes again.

Remember Tua, you said you wanted my personal definition in my own words.

Evolution isn't adaptation over long periods of time. What about when a species evolves independent of it's enviroment, how does adaptation explain that?

Evolution is simple it was a created theory to disprove God if you believe in evolution then you will have to reject the Bible to say that God created every thing thus nothing was evolved just that you cannot psyically prove evolution like a creationist cannot prove God in creation.

These are theorys it is a matter of choise who will you believe the Bible or Humanism`s evolution theorys.

you cant have both the bibles explination of creation and evolution your eather on one side of the fence or the other its time to stop playing Games.

It seems like all this forum dose is go around in curcles when it comes to evolution.

now cut the rubbish who do you choose God or Evolution.

You pick accept the Bible or reject it.

its time to come out of the Box.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Evolution:
1. the nonexisting process most often used to discredit the existence of a creator, I.E. God

That is not a definition of the process, it is a criticism of it.

2. the word used when people refuse to except that we don't understand how God works in all the creatures of the earth

That is not a definition either, as a lot of people accept that Evolution is used by God.

3. adaptaion over extended periods of time

Adding to keebs' post, adaptation is in reality, non-existent. Biologically, beings cannot 'adapt' on their own. Populations adapt to a changing environment...if the environment changes too drastically, then the population does not adapt. Evolution can lead to adaptation, it can also lead to extinction, or even migrating to a more suitable area.

4. apparently The Tuatha'an's favorite scientific study

One of many.

5. a bunch of nonsense that God will disprove when Jesus comes again.

That is not a definition either, it is a criticism.

Remember Tua, you said you wanted my personal definition in my own words.

And through that, you have shown that you don't understand evolution....at all.

willow the wip said:
Evolution is simple it was a created theory to disprove God if you believe in evolution then you will have to reject the Bible to say that God created every thing thus nothing was evolved just that you cannot psyically prove evolution like a creationist cannot prove God in creation.

Wrong, evolution does not aim to disprove God in the least. You can prove that evolution happens. It has been proven.

These are theorys it is a matter of choise who will you believe the Bible or Humanism`s evolution theorys.

Humanists did not come up with evolutionary theory, Christians did.

you cant have both the bibles explination of creation and evolution your eather on one side of the fence or the other its time to stop playing Games.

Unless the Bible is simplistic explanation/metaphorical explanation of the Creation account.

now cut the rubbish who do you choose God or Evolution.

I certainly don't choose God, and evolution is not an explanation of how the universe came to be, so I don't choose that either.

You pick accept the Bible or reject it.

its time to come out of the Box.

Ohh...it's another of those "you're either with us, or against us" pieces of trash arguments. Come out of the box? Why, is it too dark in there for you?

This dissapoints me. Let's set the record straight:

Evolution exists. Evolution is simply change over time. Adaptation is beneficial evolution. The part you guys (creationists) disagree with yous guys (evolutionists) is in how much you think genealogies can evolve. Evos believe in macroevolution and creaties accept microevolution. That simple.

Please cease saying evolution is false or make-believe... you sound extremely foolish and juvenile when you say that. You might not believe in the Theory of Evolution (as I do not), but you are a very strange person if you don't believe in evolution.

BL

Wrong, evolution does not aim to disprove God in the least. You can prove that evolution happens. It has been proven.

WRONG ! the bible says God created every thing evolution says nothing was created every thing came by chance and evolved this is what we were taught at school.

"THEIR IS NO GOD" said my science teacher every thing evolved.

evolution teaches chance it dose not teach the creation that God created adam and eve from the dust.

You still did not answer my last question i said its time to cut the crap and admit you do not accept the Bible at all.

Humanists did not come up with evolutionary theory, Christians did.

wrong again.

Evolution was invented by non-Christians, Darwin was not a professing Christian that is a lie.

I certainly don't choose God, and evolution is not an explanation of how the universe came to be, so I don't choose that either.

The bible simply said that the universe was created by God simple as that.

Evolution says the universe was created by change their is no God that created it the Big Bang did it all.

Everything happend by chance.

Jesus said who is not for me is against me.

if the son came from the farther then you would have to accept the whole thing so in that statement admit that you reject the Bible.

Matthew 12:30, "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."

look at Jesus Him self
Jesus was. He hurled a scathing rebuke at those who were scientifically learned but biblically ignorant. He said in Luke 12:54-56: "…When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, 'A shower is coming,' and so it turns out. And when you see a south wind blowing, you say, 'It will be a hot day,' and it turns out that way. You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, by why do you not analyze this present time?"

Willow, you are confusing evolution, the theory of evolution, and the big bang theory as all being one. This is false.

BL

I am only saying it the way i have been taught at school

if this is wrong then you can always write to the head of education in the UK

Im not that bothered my self becouse i believe it to be all false thats what i will teach my children anyway.

Im not that bothered my self becouse i believe it to be all false thats what i will teach my children anyway.

They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm. -- 1 Timothy 1:7

Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. -- James 3:1

Based on these verses, and especially James 3:1, I would say that you might want to have a better handle on these different theories before you teach your children. Let me see if I can help:

Evolution is simply change over time. As you and I live we evolve... I don't look the same as I did many years ago because my body has evolved since I was an infant; it has changed. Species change too - just look at your children: they are different from you and your spouse... they too have evolved. Over a long period of time, the children or offspring of organisms like you and me change a lot. Take a look at dogs and the way that we can create new breeds by breeding the dogs that have characteristics that we are wanting. That is evolution and it exists.

Macroevolution is the idea that a breed or sub-species can change so much over time that it can't share genes with other sub-species or breeds. This would be like if one breed of dogs could no longer mate with any other breed of dogs - then it would be its own species. I don't believe this can ever happen.

The Theory of Evolution is a theory created by Charles Darwin which proposes that all the plants and animals we see today have macroevolved from earlier plants and animals all the way back to very basic life (like germs). I do not accept this theory because I do not accept macroevolution.

The Big Bang Theory is a theory created over time by different scientists which proposes that the universe was at one point a tiny object so tightly packed together that it was the size of the point of a pencil. Then that object "exploded" and the stuff that was inside the object makes up all that is in our universe. I do not accept this theory as I view it as almost laughable, and because it really doesn't answer anyting since the universe cannot be self-generating nor can it be eternal.

I hope that helps,

BL

Biologically, beings cannot 'adapt' on their own.

Hadn't noticed Tua had said that until you pointed it out. That's an interesting quote... mostly because it is so wrong. Organisms are constantly adapting biologically to their surroundings, to their environment, to their situations. It's a very basic understanding, and I would venture to say that Tua may have simply mistated what he intended to say (although what that was I'm not sure).

BL

yes i will teach them not about evolution I hearby refute any assosication i have been taught in the past.

I will teach them what the Bible has to say about creation and not evolution even if it means I will use the Christian Home education to get my child away from this evil teaching.

Jesus also sayed "my people perish for a lack of knowledge."

The Bible says 'Train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it’ (Proverbs 22: 6).

If Jesus Christ is God, as Colossians 2:9 emphatically states, then He is the center and focus of this universe. "From Him and through Him and for Him are all things" (Romans 11:36). Any philosophy which is not Christ-centered is bound to be hollow and deceptive. "In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (2:3). Don't be short-changed by allowing yourself to be kidnapped through hollow and deceptive philosophy.

This is what evolution is if you want to follow Jesus then you need to look to him as creator of all and stop looking to man for answers.

I want to know why you don't think evolution and the biblical creation story are compatible?

simple

As humans we were never evolved we are created beings, emphisised Genesis.

out knowledge never evolved we Just expanded our knowledge we Grow and we learn we are their fore learning beings like children if you want to look at it another way.

If you want to know the ways of God then you would look to his creation as it was created by His hands.

"the Hand of God."

their is no instance that the Bible talks about animals metermorphed into other speacies.

and yes pokermon do not exsist.

:-D

I'm still not sure you understand the word "evolve." I think you need to understand the difference in macro-evolution and evolution... I would get into micro-evolution, but let's not for today.

BL

Really? I don't remember the bible saying that we weren't created and then we evolved...

their is no instance that the Bible talks about animals metermorphed into other speacies.

The bible doesn't say it didn't happen either...

macro-evolution never exsists the Bible says God Created Man and he called him adam and he took one of adams ribs and he created woman he called her eve.

a creation is not an evolution you see these things happend instantly.

Keebs if you read what i said i said their is no instance of were the bible said animals metamorphed into some thing else.

God created them the way they are.

nothing evolved God creates.

non-compatible between evolution and the Bible.

God is the creator.

we are his created.

macro-evolution never exsists the Bible says God Created Man and he called him adam and he took one of adams ribs and he created woman he called her eve.

Evolution wasn't mentioned in the bible, the bible never says that it doesn't happen...

a creation is not an evolution you see these things happend instantly.

So? How is this relevant to fact that the bible does not rule out evolution?

Keebs if you read what i said i said their is no instance of were the bible said animals metamorphed into some thing else.

And as I said, there is no instance in the bible where it says that animals didn't evolve into something else.

God created them the way they are.

Where's your proof? I don't see anything in the bible that says that they are the same way today as they were thousands of years ago...

non-compatible between evolution and the Bible.

You have yet to show me anything in the bible that proves that they are incompatible...

God is the creator.

we are his created.

So? What does this have to do with evolution?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back