Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Forty-Two Months

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach

In the end the mount of olives is split in two to make a way of escape for the people in Jerusalem to flee into the wilderness from the surrounding armies. Zech 14:4-5 The reign of the beast is 42 months. God has brought many in Jerusalem into the body of Christ in those days by the signs given in Rev 11. I believe it is those Israelites God is given help to in that time of the end specifically the reign of the beast.

The beast then goes after other saints as He makes war with the saints and is successful until Jesus ends tribulation and to the shock and surprise of those who have been deceived by the lies of the beast and thought Christan's were in the wrong pronounces judgment in favor of the saints of the most High.

But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspringthose who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Rev 12:1-6

John is shown a great sign in heaven as he sees a vision of a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet. The sun is representative of the glory and brilliance of Gods righteousness that surrounds her and protects her. Under her feet the moon which is illustrative of eternity, light, Gods faithfulness in His Son Jesus who is the greater light of the gospel age as Jesus being the light of the world that shines in darkness, but the darkness can not comprehend the light, Psalms 72:5-7; Isaiah 2:3-5; Jeremiah 31:35-37; Isaiah 30:26-33; John 1:1-5.

The woman is symbolic of Israel and the congregation of Gods people as she wears a crown of twelve stars which represents the twelve tribes of Israel that have repented of their arrogance as they felt they deserved Gods favor, but yet kept killing the prophets God sent to them, including the very Messiah they were waiting for. This is when the times of the Gentiles began as God went to them to take Himself a people that were humbled enough to receive salvation as God had mercy on them, Matthew 23:37-39; Acts 15:14; Romans 11:25-27.

Paul also warned the Gentiles against being lifted up in pride because they had been favored by God with salvation as he explained the blindness of Israel would not last forever as when they see the Gentiles now having favor in the Lord and being grafted into the branch of Israel they repent of their sin and turn back to God being once again found in His favor, Romans Chapter 11.

The true congregation of God can be symbolized here as a mother that has all here children gathered in one place for safety which in this case is under the wings of the almighty God, Psalms 91. She cries out like a woman in labor as the pain of her persecutions has become too great to bear as she waits to be delivered from her persecutors, 2 Timothy 4:18; 2 Peter 2:9; Colossians 1:13.

The other sign John saw was a great red dragon meaning Satan. Remember, this is a vision and a sign as Satan has not yet been thrown out of heaven yet. The description of the dragon being great and red depicts its nature and character as being fierce and murderous, John 8:44. This red dragon is depicted as having seven heads, ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. The seven heads and ten horns refer to the original ten kingdoms of which three were subdued by the little horn of Daniel 7:8. The last kingdom which stands greater than all the others is that of a revived Roman Empire that takes control over all the ten nations who then implements a deceiving peace treaty to a world that is in great distress that will last for 3 1/2 years before the return of Christ.

The above comment is what the Devil says from his own himself,
Right. That speaker always lies.
like in Genesis 3:1 combined with Revelation 12:9: --> 9 And the great Dragon was (will be) cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his messengers were cast out with him.

Matthew 16:23
He was cast to the earth thousands of years ago, but the earth is part of Gods' Kingdom

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers (Ministers of the Devil) also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. (The Judgment Seat of C hrist)
Our Savior warned His followers of people speaking falsely in His name. I've said things about God I thought were true but later found I was wrong. My ignorance was no excuse for saying things about Him that aren't true.

Rev 12:1-6

John is shown a great sign in heaven as he sees a vision of a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet. The sun is representative of the glory and brilliance of Gods righteousness that surrounds her and protects her. Under her feet the moon which is illustrative of eternity, light, Gods faithfulness in His Son Jesus who is the greater light of the gospel age as Jesus being the light of the world that shines in darkness, but the darkness can not comprehend the light, Psalms 72:5-7; Isaiah 2:3-5; Jeremiah 31:35-37; Isaiah 30:26-33; John 1:1-5.

The woman is symbolic of Israel and the congregation of Gods people as she wears a crown of twelve stars which represents the twelve tribes of Israel that have repented of their arrogance as they felt they deserved Gods favor, but yet kept killing the prophets God sent to them, including the very Messiah they were waiting for. This is when the times of the Gentiles began as God went to them to take Himself a people that were humbled enough to receive salvation as God had mercy on them, Matthew 23:37-39; Acts 15:14; Romans 11:25-27.

Paul also warned the Gentiles against being lifted up in pride because they had been favored by God with salvation as he explained the blindness of Israel would not last forever as when they see the Gentiles now having favor in the Lord and being grafted into the branch of Israel they repent of their sin and turn back to God being once again found in His favor, Romans Chapter 11.

The true congregation of God can be symbolized here as a mother that has all here children gathered in one place for safety which in this case is under the wings of the almighty God, Psalms 91. She cries out like a woman in labor as the pain of her persecutions has become too great to bear as she waits to be delivered from her persecutors, 2 Timothy 4:18; 2 Peter 2:9; Colossians 1:13.

The other sign John saw was a great red dragon meaning Satan. Remember, this is a vision and a sign as Satan has not yet been thrown out of heaven yet. The description of the dragon being great and red depicts its nature and character as being fierce and murderous, John 8:44. This red dragon is depicted as having seven heads, ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. The seven heads and ten horns refer to the original ten kingdoms of which three were subdued by the little horn of Daniel 7:8. The last kingdom which stands greater than all the others is that of a revived Roman Empire that takes control over all the ten nations who then implements a deceiving peace treaty to a world that is in great distress that will last for 3 1/2 years before the return of Christ.
The reign of the beast is 42 months. He will make war with the saints. He was stopped by God from reaching those who fled into the wilderness and turned his rage against other saints in the world. All this is in regard to the time of the end. Satan was declared by Jesus as a murderer and liar from the beginning. The Father of lies. When His disciples stated to Him, "even the spirits submit to us in your name", He stated to them He saw Satan fall from heaven like lightening. From ancient times the evil one, who cast to earth, has been leading the whole world astray. So, we disagree on the timeline.

The reign of the beast is 42 months. He will make war with the saints. He was stopped by God from reaching those who fled into the wilderness and turned his rage against other saints in the world. All this is in regard to the time of the end. Satan was declared by Jesus as a murderer and liar from the beginning. The Father of lies. When His disciples stated to Him, "even the spirits submit to us in your name", He stated to them He saw Satan fall from heaven like lightening. From ancient times the evil one, who cast to earth, has been leading the whole world astray. So, we disagree on the timeline.

We have to remember that these are visions that were given to John as he would see some of these things come to pass in his time, but yet future events still to come until the return of Christ. My understanding is that Satan still has limited access to heaven up until the time that he is bound for a thousand years after the 3 1/2 years of the reign of the son of perdition in the end of days and then set loose for a little while. I believe the war in heaven between Michael and Satan occurs around the time he is bound during the sounding of the seventh trumpet, Rev 20:1-3, and then let loose for the battle of Armageddon as he looses this battle and will then be cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:7-10.

It's like that of Job 1:6-7; Rev 12:10

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

My understanding of Luke 10:18 is that Jesus saw Satan fall from heaven the moment he rebelled against while in the garden of Eden.

We have to remember that these are visions that were given to John as he would see some of these things come to pass in his time, but yet future events still to come until the return of Christ. My understanding is that Satan still has limited access to heaven up until the time that he is bound for a thousand years after the 3 1/2 years of the reign of the son of perdition in the end of days and then set loose for a little while. I believe the war in heaven between Michael and Satan occurs around the time he is bound during the sounding of the seventh trumpet, Rev 20:1-3, and then let loose for the battle of Armageddon as he looses this battle and will then be cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:7-10.

It's like that of Job 1:6-7; Rev 12:10

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

My understanding of Luke 10:18 is that Jesus saw Satan fall from heaven the moment he rebelled against while in the garden of Eden.
The demons who begged to be allowed into the pigs and their leader were cast out of heaven as they are on the earth. If they were expelled why or how would they have access to the heavenly realms.? That war in heaven was the cause of their expulsion as you read. So a past event even before Jesus walked the earth as the Son of Man.

The demons who begged to be allowed into the pigs and their leader were cast out of heaven as they are on the earth. If they were expelled why or how would they have access to the heavenly realms.? That war in heaven was the cause of their expulsion as you read. So a past event even before Jesus walked the earth as the Son of Man.
Please show me scripture for this and what does it have to do with the war between Michael and his angels and Satan and his angels.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Jesus spoke this as the disciples gathered to Him on the mount of Olives and asked Him three questions, "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

The first thing Jesus told them about was the coming destruction of the Temple, which happened in 70AD. From vs. 3-14 continued telling them all those things that must come first before He returns. Vs. 15 Jesus speaks of the abomination of deslolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet as we can study this in Daniel 7-9, going in greater detail in Rev 13, 17, 18.

Jesus ministry here on earth did lasted around 3 1/2 years, but the 3 1/2 years in the end of days, abomination of desolation) is that of a NWO or better known as a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and false religious system which is the beast out of the sea who gives its power and authority to the beast out of the earth, Rev 13.

This is how I understand the times of Jacobs trouble.

Jeremiah was told to write this prophecy in a book of what God was about to give him of future events. Here we have this portion of the book of Jeremiah as prophecy given for a future state of Judah and Israel. Rachel would weep for her children in the distress they have always been in, but will receive her peace in the end of days as all will when Christ returns.

Jeremiah 30 vs. 1, 2 starts out with the Lord speaking to Jeremiah about Judah an Israel. Vs 3 the Lord promises that one day in the future as the day will come that He will bring Judah and Israel back to the land He had promised to their forefathers. Vs. 5 describes a time of great fear and trembling. Vs. 6 describes this time in a way that pictures men going through the pains of childbirth, meaning great agony. Vs. 7 For that day is great so that no other day will ever be like it. This is a reference to Matthew 24:21; Rev 7:1-8. But, there is hope for Judah and Israel for though this is called the time of Jacob's trouble the Lord promises He will save Jacob (referring to Judah and Israel, not literally Jacob) out of this time of great trouble, Rev 19:11-21. Vs. 8 It shall come to pass in that day (in that day means a future day) says the Lord that He will break his yoke from off their necks and will burst thy bonds and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him. His yoke is that of Satan who for now controls the evil principalities of this world that even today until Christ returns persecutes God's people. Vs. 9 But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their King, meaning Jesus whom God will raise up (resurrection) unto them. Vs 10, 11 the Lord says, I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile. Jacob will again have peace and security and no one will make him afraid. I am with you and will save you declares the Lord.

All of this happens on the last day when Christ returns and makes an end to all abominations here on earth that have come against His people as no one will then be held by the stronghold of Satan anymore.

2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
I've heard it basically the same way, but it makes no sense to say the beginning of sorrows is nations warring against each other and after that,

shall they deliver you up to be afflicted and shall kill you and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. Mt.24:9

Because the Messiahs' disciples were persecuted from Acts 5 and persecuted to death before the Romans invaded Jerusalem.

Please show me scripture for this and what does it have to do with the war between Michael and his angels and Satan and his angels.
You read those defeated in that war in heaven lost their place in heaven. The demons and Satan are shown on earth. It was the war or rebellion that was the cause of their expulsion, so it is something that took place in the past not future.

You read those defeated in that war in heaven lost their place in heaven. The demons and Satan are shown on earth. It was the war or rebellion that was the cause of their expulsion, so it is something that took place in the past not future.
I did not ask for your opinion, I asked you for the actual scriptures you have used for what you have said.

I've heard it basically the same way, but it makes no sense to say the beginning of sorrows is nations warring against each other and after that,

shall they deliver you up to be afflicted and shall kill you and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. Mt.24:9

Because the Messiahs' disciples were persecuted from Acts 5 and persecuted to death before the Romans invaded Jerusalem.
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Jesus was very clear in what He said to the disciples as being the beginning of sorrows. I can only go by that which has already been written.

I did not ask for your opinion, I asked you for the actual scriptures you have used for what you have said.
Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

The cause for being cast out of heaven was that lost war. Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven.

Demons were on earth as well as Satan.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Jesus was very clear in what He said to the disciples as being the beginning of sorrows. I can only go by that which has already been written.
I see that and I agree"all these are the beginning of sorrows. So of these things our Lord said come first He instructed,

Take heed that no man deceive you about Christ. M.24:4-5 (When war is all around?)

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled Mt.24:6
(When war is all around?)

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet stand in the holy place (whoso readeth let him understand Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Mt.24:16

Run to the mountains when you see the AOD, before all these wars come and don't be troubled. Is this a fair assessment of what the Messiah said?

Take heed that no man deceive you about Christ. M.24:4-5 (When war is all around?)

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled Mt.24:6
(When war is all around?)
During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. Even today we see that Israel is once more being attacked. We are still hearing of wars and rumor of wars which will be until the end of days when Christ returns. Jesus said that we are not to be troubled as these things must come to pass before His glorious return. Even today we are still in the times of sorrow as we see famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in various places.

The first thing that Jesus told the disciples is to take heed that no man deceive you in what will happen in the abomination of desolation that happened during the times of the disciples as history always repeats itself as for the last time antichrist will take its seat in Jerusalem claiming he is God. This is what we have to flee from as it will be global this time for 3 1/2 years.

Scripture seems to center around Israel at the time the books/letters that make up our Bible were written as not all nations had developed at that time.
In scripture we also read "the latter days" which even to us is still future. What was given in Matthew 24 was from that day forth into the future of what must come first before the return of Christ. It's like an outline for what was given to John to write in his letters to the seven churches in Asia that makes up the last book in the Bible being Revelation.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

The cause for being cast out of heaven was that lost war. Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven.

Demons were on earth as well as Satan.
The war in heaven between Michael and Satan has not happened yet as the seventh trumpet has not yet sounded.

Rev 11:15 is where we read that the seventh trumpet is sounded that leads into what has been written in Rev 12:1-6 about the woman and the dragon as being the beginning of the 3 1/2 years of the beast out of the sea who gives power to the beast out of the earth, Rev 13.

Rev 12:7-17 is where we read about the war in heaven between Michael and Satan that takes place right before the 3 1/2 years of the abomination (last antichrist/son of perdition, 2Thess 2:1-12) that causes desolation that Daniel explained in Daniel 7 that stands in the Holy place being the Temple mount claiming he is God. This is yet all future events that must come first before the return of Christ.

Satan is called the prince of the power of the air as being the ruler of the kingdom of the air, Ephesians 2:2-6; 6:12. He has access to the heavenly realm of God, but only through Gods permission as he stands before God accusing the brethren, Zechariah 3:1, Job 1:6, 7; Revelation 12:10. Satan has access to God and also spiritually walks to and fro on earth as he works through others to deceive the nations, Job 1:7. This is how he was allowed to tempt Job and tried to deceive Jesus, Matthew 4:1.

The war in heaven between Michael and Satan has not happened yet as the seventh trumpet has not yet sounded.

Rev 11:15 is where we read that the seventh trumpet is sounded that leads into what has been written in Rev 12:1-6 about the woman and the dragon as being the beginning of the 3 1/2 years of the beast out of the sea who gives power to the beast out of the earth, Rev 13.

Rev 12:7-17 is where we read about the war in heaven between Michael and Satan that takes place right before the 3 1/2 years of the abomination (last antichrist/son of perdition, 2Thess 2:1-12) that causes desolation that Daniel explained in Daniel 7 that stands in the Holy place being the Temple mount claiming he is God. This is yet all future events that must come first before the return of Christ.

Satan is called the prince of the power of the air as being the ruler of the kingdom of the air, Ephesians 2:2-6; 6:12. He has access to the heavenly realm of God, but only through Gods permission as he stands before God accusing the brethren, Zechariah 3:1, Job 1:6, 7; Revelation 12:10. Satan has access to God and also spiritually walks to and fro on earth as he works through others to deceive the nations, Job 1:7. This is how he was allowed to tempt Job and tried to deceive Jesus, Matthew 4:1.
We disagree, they lost that war and were cast to the earth. Satan and his angels. Hence the demons had to plead with Jesus even to be allowed to enter pigs.

Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

We disagree, they lost that war and were cast to the earth. Satan and his angels. Hence the demons had to plead with Jesus even to be allowed to enter pigs.

Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
You believe the way you want and have a great day :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back