Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Important: How can/do you apply your salvation stance?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Veritas, It mentions a sin not unto death and a sin leading to death. I believe the sin ( just one) that leads to death is spiritual death. If you check out Hebrews 10:26-30, you will find that one sin is the unpardonable sin, not to be confused with other sins.

May God bless, Golfjack

Now these two questions I asked, I have never thought about or heard, so this is new to me as well....Perhaps it will make for some good conversation...Perhaps others will join in....

They were interesting questions. And keep in mind I try to always be sincere and honest with my opinions.

Salvation is a ''gift'' from God...

Yes it is, and I acknowledged that.

There is nothing we can do to earn it....eph 2:8-9.....

Absolutely true.

So if this is a ''gift'' from God and he were to take it away...What would this make God?

This may be the wrong question to ask. What if you trample the gift under foot as Hebrews mentions? Or show contempt towards the covenant, breaking it (Isaiah 24:5; Ezekiel 16:59; Ezekiel 17:19)?

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
This may be the wrong question to ask. What if you trample the gift under foot as Hebrews mentions? Or show contempt towards the covenant, breaking it (Isaiah 24:5; Ezekiel 16:59; Ezekiel 17:19)?

God Bless,

~Josh

OK, Lets say I did all those things you just mentioned...would God then take back this gift he gave me unconditionally?...

If God would take back the gift he gave me, then it was never really mine to begin with and in effect would this not make God a liar?
For the lack of a better word, would this not make God and Indian giver? (i apologize to anybody whom this word would offend)

Now, if I had to keep all the 10 commandments in order to be able to keep this ''free gift'', then is it really a free gift?

Or is Gods gift conditional?

Now if this gift is conditional, then what about grace?

By The way Craig...I just realized I walked, looked, and quacked into that one... :-D

OK, Lets say I did all those things you just mentioned...would God then take back this gift he gave me unconditionally?...

Could you not cast it off yourself and God rather permit it? Also, like in that Isaiah passage I gave above, how do you break an everlasting covenant?

If God would take back the gift he gave me, then it was never really mine to begin with

What do you mean with this part?

God Bless,

~Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back