Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Today's News

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hey everybody, welcome to another edition of tonight's news. :) Due to the fact that time has gotten away from me today and there are still some things I want to get done, I think that it'll be a copy and paste night tonight. :yes

Last edited:
The only way to do that is to temporarily ban anyone who has been in any area of the virus from entering the country. But people would probably have a cry it's racist when it's just trying to prevent the spread of a contagious virus.
Problem is that those that don't know they have it

Problem is that those that don't know they have it

That's why you ban everyone from any area straight away, where it is known of a single case. As soon as the first case was know that's when you take action.

Probably too late now, governments like lock down when it comes to prisons, but not deadly viruses. It's already spread.

That's why you ban everyone from any area straight away, where it is known of a single case. As soon as the first case was know that's when you take action.

Probably too late now, governments like lock down when it comes to prisons, but not deadly viruses. It's already spread.
Well i guess for less then 10 percent chance of death for a flue,the u.s, economy should shut down .
I have greater chances from death by lightning ,and other things ,I don't stop in that weather .nor do the garbage men

Hey everybody, welcome to another edition of tonight's news. :)

107 and still doing all those activities. The Lord has kept that guy in good shape.

Why don't they just have a sheriff call that number, and arrest whoever shows up to collect the cash?

Those children did a good job of protecting the baby.

May the Lord bless you.

Build a wall.

They put people coming from there in quarantine on military bases.

If they don't lock it down, it could become a seasonal plague that zaps hundreds of thousands globally. The regular flu zaps 500,000 people per year around the globe. We don't need another virus making that number 700,000 annually.

I have greater chances from death by lightning...

Lightening zaps an average of 51 people per year in the USA. The flu zaps 30,000 per year in the USA. The strong really should do a better job of protecting vulnerable people from exposure.

I get it that you have a strong immune system, and the flu is just a 2 day minor nuisance to you. Think about those 30,000 though.

Lightening zaps an average of 51 people per year in the USA. The flu zaps 30,000 per year in the USA. The strong really should do a better job of protecting vulnerable people from exposure.

I get it that you have a strong immune system, and the flu is just a 2 day minor nuisance to you. Think about those 30,000 though.
Should we create a panic ,speak about it ,and worry,the fact is we don't ban people with nations having no health care ,4th or 3rd world nations for the flu.that's my,point .

I,have asthma ,I get flue shots .yet I despise media hype.

107 and still doing all those activities. The Lord has kept that guy in good shape.

Why don't they just have a sheriff call that number, and arrest whoever shows up to collect the cash?

Those children did a good job of protecting the baby.

May the Lord bless you.

May the Lord bless you as well and I absolutely one hundred percent agree. It seems like everybody complains about all the scams and robo calls, yet nobody does anything about it. Also, there will be no news today so have a wonderful weekend and God bless. :biggrin

Should we create a panic ,speak about it ,and worry,the fact is we don't ban people with nations having no health care ,4th or 3rd world nations for the flu.that's my,point .

With new viruses, its possible to eliminate them if action is taken quickly. Unfortunately, this was mismanaged at the local level, allowing it to spread to tens of thousands. It can still be eliminated, but it will be a lot more complicated now.

The flu zaps 30,000 Americans per year. Adding this new strain of corona to the mix could take that number to 35,000 plus per year. A lot of extra people per year when the virus could have been eliminated near the source with quick action. That's why health officials react so strongly when a new virus is detected. Quick action to eliminate a new strain of virus can keep thousands of Americans per year safe. Once its circulating in general population, its basically there to stay.

It would be pointless to bar travelers with strains that are already circulating in the US general population, because it would not have much effect. Its only new strains that can be eliminated, if a few carriers can be quarantined before a new virus reaches the general public.

Last edited:
With new viruses, its possible to eliminate them if action is taken quickly. Unfortunately, this was mismanaged at the local level, allowing it to spread to tens of thousands. It can still be eliminated, but it will be a lot more complicated now.

The flu zaps 30,000 Americans per year. Adding this new strain of corona to the mix could take that number to 35,000 plus per year. A lot of extra people per year when the virus could have been eliminated near the source with quick action. That's why health officials react so strongly when a new virus is detected. Quick action to eliminate a new strain of virus can keep thousands of Americans per year safe. Once its circulating in general population, its basically there to stay.

It would be pointless to bar travelers with strains that are already circulating in the US general population, because it would not have much effect. Its only new strains that can be eliminated, if a few carriers can be quarantined before a new virus reaches the general public.
You can't cure or eliminate any virus ,the flue vaccine is always last year's strain and the vaccination doesn't prevent any infection or guarantees resistances.

We still vaccinate for scarlet fever ,and that is an old vaccine and its a virus.still,can catch it in the tropics

You can't cure or eliminate any virus ,the flue vaccine is always last year's strain and the vaccination doesn't prevent any infection or guarantees resistances.

We still vaccinate for scarlet fever ,and that is an old vaccine and its a virus.still,can catch it in the tropics

You can eliminate a new virus that only a few people are infected with. Quarantine them until it is eliminated.

Viruses like the polio virus have been virtually eliminated from the USA.

The flu is a general term for a number of different viruses that mutate into new strains every year. Its tough to eliminate because so many people have it. Those with strong immune systems tend to insist on going about their daily activities when they are contagious, because it is only a minor nuisance to them. Parents send their children to school sick because they can't afford to take a few days off work to care for them at home. It soon spreads to hundreds of their classmates. Ditto for people going to work sick. Its just not taken seriously by people with strong immune systems, and tens of thousands of vulnerable people are zapped every year because of this attitude. Many people won't even get a flu shot to protect the vulnerable, because they themselves are in no danger from the flu. They won't do it to protect other people.

I guess so, any flu vaccination is not for the next unknown strain of flu only the previous known.

Flu vaccines help a bit. They are not a total solution. People staying home from work and school when they are contagious would help too. As well as making Tamiflu OTC and thus inexpensive to obtain.

If people are going to complain about the house they rent, then don't complain when the rent increases when Landlords are forced to spend thousands on insulation and other things by law. Renters wanted insulation so they got it, every rented house in the country must have insulation by law the deadline has passed, that's only one of a few things, now rents are at a record high. Would people like a new roof?

People expect the house they rent to be upgraded and the cost of rent to stay the same. Nothing is free in this world.

Last edited:
$640 per week in NZ dollars is like $1700 per month in US dollars. That's expensive. In the USA, its often restrictive zoning that makes rent exorbitant in affected areas. Many areas try to gentrify their communities, but there is not enough gentry to go around. The ordinary person has nowhere affordable to rent.

$640 per week in NZ dollars is like $1700 per month in US dollars. That's expensive. In the USA, its often restrictive zoning that makes rent exorbitant in affected areas. Many areas try to gentrify their communities, but there is not enough gentry to go around. The ordinary person has nowhere affordable to rent.

$640 is the high zone and a nice house rental in a big city. A couple both working full-time on min wage would earn $1300 a week combined. 640 is about min wage.

The town I live a 2-3 bedroom house is about 350 a week.

Back