Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it necessary to pray for forgiveness daily?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Folks - I just wish you'd leave the word forgiveness out and replace it with acknowledging or confession.

Once you throw the word forgiveness in you are compromising the doctrine of justification.

The saint is forgiven even if he doesn't even acknowledges or confess it. And if he never asks forgiveness the rest of his life then he is still forgiven.

Now - if the saint never confesses or acknowledges then he is still complete in but...but...he will be miserable down here running around with a guilty conscience! :o

God bless

AVBunyan said:
Folks - I just wish you'd leave the word forgiveness out and replace it with acknowledging or confession.

Once you throw the word forgiveness in you are compromising the doctrine of justification.

The saint is forgiven even if he doesn't even acknowledges or confess it. And if he never asks forgiveness the rest of his life then he is still forgiven.

Now - if the saint never confesses or acknowledges then he is still complete in but...but...he will be miserable down here running around with a guilty conscience! :o

God bless
I agree! One should confess ones sins as they have already been forgiven. Sorry AV, I was in a hurry! Shucks! 8-)

AVBunyan said:

God bless

''I know this'' and thought about it and I had brain fade , thanks for the correction.....

Solo,

It is very important to continually ask forgivness for sins as the Holy Spirit brings them to our understanding, not for forgivness for salvation, but for total fellowship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;

The is even more emphasized by AVBunyans statement:

Now - if the saint never confesses or acknowledges then he is still complete in but...but...he will be miserable down here running around with a guilty conscience

So, then both believer and unbeleiver are still saved. Both can live in sin their entire lives and still make to to heaven. One catch in your theology, I need to make a 5 second acknowledgement that I know Christ, then I can just continue on with my life, like anyone else. Does that make Satan in heaven? I'm sure He has acknowledged Christ too.

There use to be what they called "easy believism", just what could this be labled? I fail to see any of this in scripture whatsoever.

Can you even find one verse, make that 1/2 of a verse that says we can be saved if we are unfaithful, if we have no faith,

The following question is for anyone who holds this view, but first to summarize.

First, you believe that all those Christ died for on the Cross recieved forgiveness of sin, carte blanc, past, present and future sins.

Second. Since all of these same individuals are already guaranteed salvation, that means everyone Christ died for will be in heaven.

I think I have that right so far?
If not, then my next question won't necessarily follow:

But here it is, in your theology, who is in hell?
Think about that for a moment before you answer?

sojourner said:
Solo,

So, then both believer and unbeleiver are still saved. Both can live in sin their entire lives and still make to to heaven. One catch in your theology, I need to make a 5 second acknowledgement that I know Christ, then I can just continue on with my life, like anyone else. Does that make Satan in heaven? I'm sure He has acknowledged Christ too.

There you again taking folks out of context....You are implying that Solo and AV in this paragraph that they are universalist....You obviously know nothing about them for if you did, you would know it is quite the other way around....

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

jgredline,

There you again taking folks out of context....You are implying that Solo and AV in this paragraph that they are universalist....You obviously know nothing about them for if you did, you would know it is quite the other way around....
Quite the contrary. Except for that 5 second acknowledgement which seems to delineate the difference between what they define as a believer and an unbeliever. One wonders then just what fruits those kind of lives actually produce. All I see are lives that one will not know the difference whatsoever.
But the question still remains, even given the difference between believers and unbelievers, who goes to hell in this view?

Those who are born of God do not sin because they cannot sin. The New Creature in Christ Jesus does not sin.

Surely you do not sin Sojourner!? Do you?

Paul is clear in Romans 7 that the flesh is sold under sin, while the born again New Creature, the Inward man does not sin. John explains this in 1 John 3.

Not all will be saved, but all have the opportunity. There are many who do not know or understand the salvation that exists in Christ Jesus. He is the one whose righteousness is bestowed upon those who have been born of the faith.

Solo said:
Those who are born of God do not sin because they cannot sin. The New Creature in Christ Jesus does not sin.

Paul is clear in Romans 7 that the flesh is sold under sin, while the born again New Creature, the Inward man does not sin. John explains this in 1 John 3.

Not all will be saved, but all have the opportunity. There are many who do not know or understand the salvation that exists in Christ Jesus. He is the one whose righteousness is bestowed upon those who have been born of the faith.

1 John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Solo said:
. Sorry AV, I was in a hurry! Shucks! 8-)
Solo - I understand brother - You are like me, the gears are slipping as we grow grayer. :-D

Hard to get rid of that old Catholic baggage, huh. They have to ask forgiveness from a sinner (confessional priest).

The ture saint acknoweldges/confesses...then thanks God for the forgiveness he has in Christ and goes and seeks to not repeat the sin again and then.... forgets it. Folks - that is the way to get victory!

He is Forgiven
He Forsakes
He Forgets

That will preach brethren but it won't in a Romish church because their livelyhood depends on "repeat business" - How sad. :oops:

BTW - when you really undertand forgiveness then you can start to understand that I John 1:9 is not church-age doctrine - probably tribulation or future kingdom age doctrine.

Now that I believe a few of you folks are getting it I feel I can now take that breather.

God bless 8-)

biblecatholic said:
Solo said:

1 John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.
When you become born again, born of God, you will understand the truth of God's Word; until then you are just flapping your arms in useless travail hoping that you can reach heaven one day. PM me if you ever become interested in becoming a born again, born of God child of God. I will assist you in whatever means necessary.

1 John 3:8-10
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Solo said:
When you become born again, born of God, you will understand the truth of God's Word; until then you are just flapping your arms in useless travail hoping that you can reach heaven one day. PM me if you ever become interested in becoming a born again, born of God child of God. I will assist you in whatever means necessary.

1 John 3:8-10
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

everytime you sin you are at that moment not remaining in Him.

biblecatholic said:
everytime you sin you are at that moment not remaining in Him.
Wrong. Everytime a believer sins, he walks in the flesh; but his New Man, the New Creature remains in Christ Jesus. The Scripture is clear that sin cannot outdo God's GRACE.

If you are not born again, born of God you have no New Creature in Christ, so you continue in your fleshly life of sin, and are doomed to eternal punishment. Most roman catholics are on their way to eternal damnation because they have not been born of the Spirit of God, but have been lied to and become members of the roman catholic cult.

No priest on earth can save you from a life of being in the flesh. Only the Spirit can born you into the Kingdom of God, and to do this He creates a New Creature within the flesh at the moment of being born again, born of God.

Col 1;20… and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

When Paul is talking about reconciliation through the blood of Christ, it is things in heaven and things on the earth, but not things under the earth.

When he talks about how every knee must bow and acknowledge the lordship of Jesus, he includes the lost. And I say to you that the devil and his angels and all the lost are going to have to bow and acknowledge the lordship of Jesus, but that does not mean they are saved. That does not mean they are reconciled with God. In fact, these two verses of Scripture make it quite obvious that Paul never taught that the lost would be restored.

May I say to you, restitutionalism is purely a figment of the imagination. Isn’t it amazing what folks will believe when they don’t want to believe the Word of God? That’s the natural man, and that’s the natural mind. It will do anything rather than believe God!

There is a sixth theory used to offset the scriptural doctrine of hell, and that is purgatory. It teaches that purgatory is a place you go when you die, and there you will suffer for the sins you committed after you were baptized. This theory says that Christ’s death covered your sins before baptism but not after you were baptized. You must suffer for those sins yourself in purgatory until you are fit for heaven. For some people that could take a long time. However, if you are smart, you will wait until you get on your deathbed before you are baptized so you can’t commit any sins before you die, and therefore you will miss purgatory altogether.

Purgatory is nowhere mentioned in the Scriptures, but it appears in one of the apocryphal books. It’s been, of course, developed through the years and has led to this matter of praying for the dead, because prayer is made for the release of those who are in purgatory. May I say to you that there is no scriptural basis for purgatory whatsoever, but you can see how it has softened the viewpoint concerning hell.

Those are six of the major detours folks will take in order to avoid the clear and explicit teaching of the Word of God on the subject of hell.
Let me add this: I do not believe that any saved person can take any delight in the reality of hell, and certainly we ought not to handle it in that way. It was said of Dwight L. Moody that he was the only man who had the right to preach on hell. Friends, it is a solemn, heartrending subject, and Moody preached it that way.

McGee, J. V.

A State After Death of Suffering and Forgiveness

Matt. 5:26,18:34; Luke 12:58-59 � Jesus teaches us, �Come to terms with your opponent or you will be handed over to the judge and thrown into prison. You will not get out until you have paid the last penny.� The word �opponent� (antidiko) is likely a reference to the devil (see the same word for devil in 1 Pet. 5:8) who is an accuser against man (c.f. Job 1.6-12; Zech. 3.1; Rev. 12.10), and God is the judge. If we have not adequately dealt with satan and sin in this life, we will be held in a temporary state called a prison, and we won�t get out until we have satisfied our entire debt to God. This �prison� is purgatory where we will not get out until the last penny is paid.

Matt. 5:48 - Jesus says, "be perfect, even as your heavenly Father is perfect." We are only made perfect through purification, and in Catholic teaching, this purification, if not completed on earth, is continued in a transitional state we call purgatory.

Matt. 12:32 � Jesus says, �And anyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but no one who speaks against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven either in this world or in the next.� Jesus thus clearly provides that there is forgiveness after death. The phrase �in the next� (from the Greek �en to mellonti�) generally refers to the afterlife (see, for example, Mark 10.30; Luke 18.30; 20.34-35; Eph. 1.21 for similar language). Forgiveness is not necessary in heaven, and there is no forgiveness in hell. This proves that there is another state after death, and the Church for 2,000 years has called this state purgatory.

Luke 12:47-48 - when the Master comes (at the end of time), some will receive light or heavy beatings but will live. This state is not heaven or hell, because in heaven there are no beatings, and in hell we will no longer live with the Master.

Luke 16:19-31 - in this story, we see that the dead rich man is suffering but still feels compassion for his brothers and wants to warn them of his place of suffering. But there is no suffering in heaven or compassion in hell because compassion is a grace from God and those in hell are deprived from God's graces for all eternity. So where is the rich man? He is in purgatory.

1 Cor. 15:29-30 - Paul mentions people being baptized on behalf of the dead, in the context of atoning for their sins (people are baptized on the dead�s behalf so the dead can be raised). These people cannot be in heaven because they are still with sin, but they also cannot be in hell because their sins can no longer be atoned for. They are in purgatory. These verses directly correspond to 2 Macc. 12:44-45 which also shows specific prayers for the dead, so that they may be forgiven of their sin.

Phil. 2:10 - every knee bends to Jesus, in heaven, on earth, and "under the earth" which is the realm of the righteous dead, or purgatory.

2 Tim. 1:16-18 - Onesiphorus is dead but Paul asks for mercy on him �on that day.� Paul�s use of �that day� demonstrates its eschatological usage (see, for example, Rom. 2.5,16; 1 Cor. 1.8; 3.13; 5.5; 2 Cor. 1.14; Phil. 1.6,10; 2.16; 1 Thess. 5.2,4,5,8; 2 Thess. 2.2,3; 2 Tim. 4.8). Of course, there is no need for mercy in heaven, and there is no mercy given in hell. Where is Onesiphorus? He is in purgatory.

Heb. 12:14 - without holiness no one will see the Lord. We need final sanctification to attain true holiness before God, and this process occurs during our lives and, if not completed during our lives, in the transitional state of purgatory.

Heb. 12:23 - the spirits of just men who died in godliness are "made" perfect. They do not necessarily arrive perfect. They are made perfect after their death. But those in heaven are already perfect, and those in hell can no longer be made perfect. These spirits are in purgatory.

1 Peter 3:19; 4:6 - Jesus preached to the spirits in the "prison." These are the righteous souls being purified for the beatific vision.

Rev. 21:4 - God shall wipe away their tears, and there will be no mourning or pain, but only after the coming of the new heaven and the passing away of the current heaven and earth. Note the elimination of tears and pain only occurs at the end of time. But there is no morning or pain in heaven, and God will not wipe away their tears in hell. These are the souls experiencing purgatory.

Rev. 21:27 - nothing unclean shall enter heaven. The word �unclean� comes from the Greek word �koinon� which refers to a spiritual corruption. Even the propensity to sin is spiritually corrupt, or considered unclean, and must be purified before entering heaven. It is amazing how many Protestants do not want to believe in purgatory. Purgatory exists because of the mercy of God. If there were no purgatory, this would also likely mean no salvation for most people. God is merciful indeed.

Luke 23:43 � many Protestants argue that, because Jesus sent the good thief right to heaven, there can be no purgatory. There are several rebuttals. First, when Jesus uses the word "paradise,� He did not mean heaven. Paradise, from the Hebrew "sheol," meant the realm of the righteous dead. This was the place of the dead who were destined for heaven, but who were captive until the Lord's resurrection. Second, since there was no punctuation in the original manuscript, Jesus� statement �I say to you today you will be with me in paradise� does not mean there was a comma after the first word �you.� This means Jesus could have said, �I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise� (meaning, Jesus could have emphasized with exclamation his statement was �today� or �now,� and that some time in the future the good thief would go to heaven). Third, even if the thief went straight to heaven, this does not prove there is no purgatory (those who are fully sanctified in this life � perhaps by a bloody and repentant death � could be ready for admission in to heaven).

Gen. 50:10; Num. 20:29; Deut. 34:8 - here are some examples of ritual prayer and penitent mourning for the dead for specific periods of time. The Jewish understanding of these practices was that the prayers freed the souls from their painful state of purification, and expedited their journey to God.

Baruch 3:4 - Baruch asks the Lord to hear the prayers of the dead of Israel. Prayers for the dead are unnecessary in heaven and unnecessary in hell. These dead are in purgatory.

Zech. 9:11 - God, through the blood of His covenant, will set those free from the waterless pit, a spiritual abode of suffering which the Church calls purgatory.

2 Macc. 12:43-45 - the prayers for the dead help free them from sin and help them to the reward of heaven. Those in heaven have no sin, and those in hell can no longer be freed from sin. They are in purgatory. Luther was particularly troubled with these verses because he rejected the age-old teaching of purgatory. As a result, he removed Maccabees from the canon of the Bible. john salza

Purification After Death By Fire

Heb. 12:29 - God is a consuming fire (of love in heaven, of purgation in purgatory, or of suffering and damnation in hell).

1 Cor. 3:10-15 - works are judged after death and tested by fire. Some works are lost, but the person is still saved. Paul is referring to the state of purgation called purgatory. The venial sins (bad works) that were committed are burned up after death, but the person is still brought to salvation. This state after death cannot be heaven (no one with venial sins is present) or hell (there is no forgiveness and salvation).

1 Cor. 3:15 � �if any man�s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.� The phrase for "suffer loss" in the Greek is "zemiothesetai." The root word is "zemioo" which also refers to punishment. The construction �zemiothesetai� is used in Ex. 21:22 and Prov. 19:19 which refers to punishment (from the Hebrew �anash� meaning �punish� or �penalty�). Hence, this verse proves that there is an expiation of temporal punishment after our death, but the person is still saved. This cannot mean heaven (there is no punishment in heaven) and this cannot mean hell (the possibility of expiation no longer exists and the person is not saved).

1 Cor. 3:15 � further, Paul writes �he himself will be saved, "but only" (or �yet so�) as through fire.� �He will be saved� in the Greek is �sothesetai� (which means eternal salvation). The phrase "but only" (or �yet so�) in the Greek is "houtos" which means "in the same manner." This means that man is both eternally rewarded and eternally saved in the same manner by fire.

1 Cor. 3:13 - when Paul writes about God revealing the quality of each man's work by fire and purifying him, this purification relates to his sins (not just his good works). Protestants, in attempting to disprove the reality of purgatory, argue that Paul was only writing about rewarding good works, and not punishing sins (because punishing and purifying a man from sins would be admitting that there is a purgatory).

1 Cor. 3:17 - but this verse proves that the purgation after death deals with punishing sin. That is, destroying God's temple is a bad work, which is a mortal sin, which leads to death. 1 Cor. 3:14,15,17 - purgatory thus reveals the state of righteousness (v.14), state of venial sin (v.15) and the state of mortal sin (v.17), all of which are judged after death.

1 Peter 1:6-7 - Peter refers to this purgatorial fire to test the fruits of our faith.

Jude 1:23 - the people who are saved are being snatched out of the fire. People are already saved if they are in heaven, and there is no possibility of salvation if they are in hell. These people are being led to heaven from purgatory.

Rev. 3:18-19 - Jesus refers to this fire as what refines into gold those He loves if they repent of their sins. This is in the context of after death because Jesus, speaking from heaven, awards the white garment of salvation after the purgation of fire (both after death).

Dan 12:10 - Daniel refers to this refining by saying many shall purify themselves, make themselves white and be refined.

Wis. 3:5-6 - the dead are disciplined and tested by fire to receive their heavenly reward. This is the fire of purgatory.

Sirach 2:5 - for gold is tested in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of humiliation.

Zech. 13:8-9 - God says 2/3 shall perish, and 1/3 shall be left alive, put into the fire, and refined like silver and tested like gold. The ones that perish go to hell, and there is no need for refinement in heaven, so those being refined are in purgatory.

Mal. 3:2-3 - also refers to God's purification of the righteous at their death.

john salza

Solo,

I am the chief of sinners.

Wrong. Everytime a believer sins, he walks in the flesh; but his New Man, the New Creature remains in Christ Jesus. The Scripture is clear that sin cannot outdo God's GRACE.

Some great proof-texting then the flusher by biblecatholic,

So one of mine:
Galatians 5:16-23. Obviously in your view, these are not at all sins. Christians either cannot do them, or if they do, they would be considered righteous acts. But then we can go to such texts as: Eph 5:5. Might Paul have included liars as well?

Proof texting can work marveleous things. Just look how far the Jehovah Witnessess have come, how about the Mormans. A lot of lesser groups and individuals have done the same thing with terrific results.

Solo,
Could one be in heaven and hell at the same time too?

Just the opposite of what Paul meant by the phrase.

Who teaches this?
No priest on earth can save you from a life of being in the flesh.
I don't know of anyone who actually believes this. Do you have a group in mind here? I know that you mentioned Roman Catholics in the paragraph above this statement, but they do not believe this, so who do you have in mind here?

Solo, AVBunyan, jgredline,

Just a reminder, not that you might forget, but have any of you yet developed an answer to the question I posed relative to your view,

Who goes to hell?

francisdesales said:
Looks like they discovered our "plant".

quick, imagican, make a run for it :tongue

Actually, some of what you say at times comes closer to Catholicism then Protestantism. You'll probably take that as a personal attack, but it isn't meant that way.

Regards

No Fran, I understand EXACTLY 'what' you are saying. IF you were to ELIMINATE MOST of the Catholic tradition, I am QUITE SURE that our understanding would be close to THE SAME. I DO NOT believe that the CC simply 'created' Christianity in it's PRESENT form. I am quite sure that they 'started out' with 'truth'. It took a LOT of time for it to 'become' what it is today.

As I have stated MANY times; I have NOTHING 'against' ANY particular Catholic. I simply don't accept MUCH of their 'tradition'. And as I have stated previous, the Protestants that "think" they are SO 'different' than the Catholics can ONLY 'believe' this through a LACK of understanding. For the Protestants are NOTHING other than 'off-shoots' OF the CC. Some SIMPLE differences in understanding but BASICALLY the 'SAME', (see, I don't accept MOST of their 'traditions' either).

Let me get caught back up with these threads and we'll get 'back on track'. Spent a few days away 'down south' and JUST got back.

MEC

jgredline said:
sojourner
You have been taking me and AV out of context....I suggest you go back and read our post if you really want to know what we believe.....Frankly you are not worth my time to respond to....Your theology from what I have read is all over the road...

But for the sake of the ''believers'' on this thread, I will give them a simple answer....

It takes faith to believe that by Jesus death and resurrection all of our past, present and future sins have been dealt with...Why, because it takes ''works'' out of the equation.....It is by the Grace through faith and not by works lest anyman should boast......

j,

While one CANNOT 'work' their way to heaven, one CANNOT 'live FOR Christ' WITHOUT their WORKS BEING EVIDENT. One CANNOT, in TRUTH, CLAIM Salvation and LIVE a 'life IN SIN'. For ONCE one is TRULY SAVED, it is at this POINT that their LIVES WILL begin to BE transformed. Sinless? NO WAY. But LIVING a LIFE OF SIN, (living IN sin)? Unh unh. NO WAY. And HOW do we REPENT of our sins? How do we OBTAIN 'forgiveness' for those sins that we DO commit AFTER 'acceptance of Christ into one's heart'?

IF one EXPECTS to BE forgiven, there MUST be FORGIVENESS. And we have been plainly SHOWN that where there is MUCH NEED, there WILL BE MUCH OFFERED.

To 'believe' that Christ's death FULFILLED forgiveness UPON the cross ONCE AND FOR ALL as you proclaim would mean as offered by others concerning your 'belief'. That ALL men WERE forgiven at the cross. And this we KNOW NOT to be 'truth'. For Christ DID die for ALL men, BUT, all men WILL NOT accept that which was offered upon the cross. MOST of humanity will NEVER bow to Christ UNTIL they are FACE TO FACE with Him.

My point? Do We NEED forgiveness DAILY; IF we SIN daily. NO, I DON'T 'believe' so, we NEED NOT be 'saved' again and again, BUT the Spirit WILL convict us of our faults and this will LEAD us to repentance. And to HAVE repentance is to HAVE THE NEED to BE forgiven.

Do we NEED to ask for forgiveness DAILY. NO. I don't BELIEVE so. Will NOT asking for forgiveness 'take away' the gift that has been offered? NO. I do NOT 'believe' so. But, I can ASSURE you, that IF you 'slack' on concentrating on that which is FROM ABOVE and allow this 'world' to influence your hearts MORE than The Spirit, one's WALK will SURELY be impeded.

I offered this before; 'We ARE to RUN the race like we MEAN to WIN it'. We would NOT have been offered this statement IF there was NO NEED. Fear and trembling Folks. What do you 'think' that we are to LIVE THIS WAY FOR?

MEC

Imagican said:
j,

While one CANNOT 'work' their way to heaven, one CANNOT 'live FOR Christ' WITHOUT their WORKS BEING EVIDENT. One CANNOT, in TRUTH, CLAIM Salvation and LIVE a 'life IN SIN'. For ONCE one is TRULY SAVED, it is at this POINT that their LIVES WILL begin to BE transformed. Sinless? NO WAY. But LIVING a LIFE OF SIN, (living IN sin)? Unh unh. NO WAY. And HOW do we REPENT of our sins? How do we OBTAIN 'forgiveness' for those sins that we DO commit AFTER 'acceptance of Christ into one's heart'?

IF one EXPECTS to BE forgiven, there MUST be FORGIVENESS. And we have been plainly SHOWN that where there is MUCH NEED, there WILL BE MUCH OFFERED.

To 'believe' that Christ's death FULFILLED forgiveness UPON the cross ONCE AND FOR ALL as you proclaim would mean as offered by others concerning your 'belief'. That ALL men WERE forgiven at the cross. And this we KNOW NOT to be 'truth'. For Christ DID die for ALL men, BUT, all men WILL NOT accept that which was offered upon the cross. MOST of humanity will NEVER bow to Christ UNTIL they are FACE TO FACE with Him.

My point? Do We NEED forgiveness DAILY; IF we SIN daily. NO, I DON'T 'believe' so, we NEED NOT be 'saved' again and again, BUT the Spirit WILL convict us of our faults and this will LEAD us to repentance. And to HAVE repentance is to HAVE THE NEED to BE forgiven.

Do we NEED to ask for forgiveness DAILY. NO. I don't BELIEVE so. Will NOT asking for forgiveness 'take away' the gift that has been offered? NO. I do NOT 'believe' so. But, I can ASSURE you, that IF you 'slack' on concentrating on that which is FROM ABOVE and allow this 'world' to influence your hearts MORE than The Spirit, one's WALK will SURELY be impeded.

I offered this before; 'We ARE to RUN the race like we MEAN to WIN it'. We would NOT have been offered this statement IF there was NO NEED. Fear and trembling Folks. What do you 'think' that we are to LIVE THIS WAY FOR?

MEC

Mec
I agree with everything you said here....This is what I have been saying all along....In particular your first paragraph is well written and well said....

Back