Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it necessary to pray for forgiveness daily?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
jgredline,

I agree with everything you said here....This is what I have been saying all along....In particular your first paragraph is well written and well said....
do you really understand what you believe. Mac just pointed out the same thing I have been saying all along. In the next paragraph he explicitly makes your view contradicting what he is saying.

But, nevertheless. Have you yet developed a docrtrine of hell within your view. I am interested is seeing how it fits your view, as per scripture.
Am I incorrect in assuming you have one?

sojourner said:
jgredline,

do you really understand what you believe. Mac just pointed out the same thing I have been saying all along. In the next paragraph he explicitly makes your view contradicting what he is saying.

But, nevertheless. Have you yet developed a docrtrine of hell within your view. I am interested is seeing how it fits your view, as per scripture.
Am I incorrect in assuming you have one?

You need to stop making assumptions...you know nothing about me, but in your very short time here and by reading your post, you have revealed much about yourself........ If you want to know my view on hell, click on the link.

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26893

I understand where sojourner is coming from, thats why I had to stop discussing the OSAS type topics. Anyone who loves the Lord is going to come off as "meanspirited" or unkind when they feel His words have been twisted or have a potential to cause another to stumble.
I feel that way also about someone who mouths a sinners prayer and then thinks it's all done, we aren't required to walk the narrow path or put to death the desires of the flesh.
I feel that you guys probably believe this, but mostly what is 'seemingly' stressed is "live how you want because you are justified".
I feel this is a stumbling block with harmful potential without the balance of a changed life through a repentant heart toward God.
The other side of the coin needs to be taught as well.

Destiny
Let me first start by apologizing for our last exchange...I really don't even know what it was about but, which tells me it / I was stupid....I ask forgiveness...

Secondly, let me try and explain OSAS in a different way...There are basically two types of OSAS folks.....

the most common type (unfortunately) is the ''I'm saved'' I can live like hell...
This person is NOT saved...This person subscribes to ''cheap grace'' Grace is not cheap.....

The other type is one who submits to the LordShip of Jesus Christ....A person who submits to the Lordship of Jesus Christ is one whom will want to live a Holy Life....One who will live according to the commandments set forth by God, but not depend on them for salvation as works will not save you....
This is where I fall in...

I hope this very short and simple explanation helsp.

destiny,

I too find the OSAS doctrine to be frought with 'error' from "MY" understanding. There are simply TOO many statements offered to us that show that Salvation IS a 'gift' but CAN be forfeit of those that do NOT 'stand STRONG' in 'the faith'.

We are WARNED over and over that one that 'believes' they are 'saved' CAN be LOST and those that HAVE accepted Christ into their hearts CAN 'fall BACK' and end up in WORSE shape than they were BEFORE 'coming to the truth'.

Perhaps 'something' has been 'revealed to' the OSAS crowd that has NOT been 'revealed to me'. But what HAS been 'revealed to ME' is that we NEED forgiveness for our sins. The MEANS of this forgiveness WAS fulfilled by Christ on the Cross. But that does NOT 'take away' our 'responsibility' of "LIVING FOR CHRIST".

And, OSAS takes away something VERY important to the Christian; it takes away the STRENGTH of SATAN and offers a benign foe INSTEAD. . It would ELIMINATE the possibility that a 'Christian COULD be INFLUENCED BY SATAN'. and THAT, my friends, is some REAL shaky ground there. We would NOT have been TOLD to PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR if there were NO WAY that a 'Christian' could be INFLUENCED by Satan or his demons.

I find OSAS to be simply 'more tradition' in that 'group' that accepts it. I would even argue against IF SAVED ALWAYS SAVED. For we HAVE the ABILITY to CHANGE our minds AND hearts. And God does NOT FORCE ANYONE to follow HIM. He may certainly offer INFLUENCE, but does NOT MAKE anyone 'follow HIM'. So IF God does NOT literally FORCE people to 'follow Him', then those that do ARE able to 'change'.

MEC

Ok folks, lets get this thread back on track.

Bump the O.P.
jgredline said:
Hi Folks....
Here is a very simple question with some bub questions....

Is it necessary to pray for forgiveness of our sins daily?...
Do we need to go to a priest and confess our sins?

If so, why?

If not, why?

Your opinion will do, but scripture will add credibility.... :)

As a Catholic who is Born Again by reason of having received Christ as my Savior by praying to Him and asking Him to become my Savior I think that is necessary to pray to Christ daily for forgiveness of sins. Every night when I go to bed I rededicate my life to Christ and ask Him to forgive any sins that I may have committed during the day. I never go to Individual Confession. I only go to Communal Reconciliation Service where everybody confesses their sins directly to Christ and then goes up to the altar where the priest or a lay person lays hands on and gives a blessing. 8-)

RobertMazar said:
As a Catholic who is Born Again by reason of having received Christ as my Savior by praying to Him and asking Him to become my Savior I think that is necessary to pray to Christ daily for forgiveness of sins. Every night when I go to bed I rededicate my life to Christ and ask Him to forgive any sins that I may have committed during the day. I never go to Individual Confession. I only go to Communal Reconciliation Service where everybody confesses their sins directly to Christ and then goes up to the altar where the priest or a lay person lays hands on and gives a blessing. 8-)

Robert,

Are you Roman Catholic? You don't go to individual confession? I think you better read up on what the Church says about "communal reconciliation services". They DO NOT take the place of individual confessions. Mortal sins MUST be confessed in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Regards

francisdesales said:
Robert,

Are you Roman Catholic? You don't go to individual confession? I think you better read up on what the Church says about "communal reconciliation services". They DO NOT take the place of individual confessions. Mortal sins MUST be confessed in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Regards
Yes I am Roman Catholic and no I do not go to Individual Confession. And I do not care one iota what the Catholic Church states about Communal Reconciliation Service not taking the place of Individual Confession. And I do not believe that sins are classified as moral or venial sins. I believe that there is just sin. And I will never go to Individual Confession ever again. I will only confess my sins directly to Christ every night when I go to bed and at Communal Reconciliation Service twice a year during Lent and during Advent. 8-)

RobertMazar said:
Yes I am Roman Catholic and no I do not go to Individual Confession. And I do not care one iota what the Catholic Church states about Communal Reconciliation Service not taking the place of Individual Confession. And I do not believe that sins are classified as moral or venial sins. I believe that there is just sin. And I will never go to Individual Confession ever again. I will only confess my sins directly to Christ every night when I go to bed and at Communal Reconciliation Service twice a year during Lent and during Advent. 8-)

Amen, I see the Holy Spirt has been speaking to you. :)

RobertMazar said:
Amen Robert!! It is a long road to the Truth for some, and the angels rejoice at your rebirth into the kingdom of God!

Back