Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

IS JESUS THE LITERAL SON OF GOD?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well, at my age of 77,and over 40 years of study and walking with God in service, as well as what I have experienced, I find people trying to understand everything of God, and bringing all the mysteries of God down to a place where they can put meanings to everything, essentially eliminating Gods SUPER-NATURAL POSITION in relationship to us mere mortals, "CREATED BY GOD.

At some point in my "MATURING PROCESS", I realized I couldn't understand everything about God and was never meant to.
That's what faith is about.
God is far above us and beyond us, not only in what little we do know, but there are things we will never know until after the "RAPTURE", our resurrection.

My name is OLIGOS

Pip,

God, the Son, is regarded as God. He has the attributes of deity:

(1) Eternity (Jn 1:15; 8:58; 17:5, 24);
(2) Omniscience (Jn 2:24-25; 16:30; 21:17);
(3) Omnipresence (Mt 18:20; 28:20; Jn 3:13);
(4) Omnipotence. ‘I am the Almighty’ (Rev 1:8; Heb 1:3; Mt 28:18);
(5) Immutable (Heb 1:12; 13:8);
(6) He does the actions of deity: creator (Jn 1:3; Heb 1:10; Col 1:16); holds things together (Col 1:17; Heb 1:3); forgives sin (Mt 9:2, 6); raises the dead (Jn 6:39-40, 54; 11:25; 20:25, 28); he will be the Judge (Jn 5:22) of believers (2 Cor 5:10), of Antichrist and his followers (Rev 19:15), the nations (Ac 17:31), Satan (Gen 3:15) and the living and the dead (Ac 10:42).

Jesus is God, the Son, with the attributes of of deity. Those attributes are eternal. They never had a beginning and will never have an end.

I don't find it helpful when you state, 'It is believe[d] by majority of churches'. Which churches do not believe Jesus is the only begotten Son of God? Same problem with your language, 'Some people'. Who are they? I find your language is too 'slippery' for me to respond to.

Oz
Okay, if we believe in 3 equal God's co-existence, then we deny Jesus as a Son. So, if any religion believe in the Trinity doctrine, then they have reject Jesus as Son of God.
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Jesus is not created. I hope that you have understand why I declared the Trinity doctrine is a false on.

tigger,

Titus 2:13 in the Greek NT reads: προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ χριστοῦ. The bold emphasis is translated: 'of the great God and Saviour of you, Jesus Christ'.

Who is the 'great God'? Is he the one and only God or God the Father? Titus 1:4 clarifies this: 'To Titus, my true son in our common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Saviour' (NIV). So, Titus 2:13 deals with the great God, the Father and the Saviour Jesus Christ.

Who is involved in providing salvation? It is the role of both God the Father and God the Son - according to this verse.

Oz
The appearing of the glory precedes that
the appearing of the "glory" of the great God

NRSV is more accurate
while we wait for the blessed hope and the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I would state Jesus is the manifestation of the Glory of the Father
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being

The Father sent Jesus.
He came to do the Fathers will.
From the Father through the Son as in all things.

Jude 1:24
To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

he says:
“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

Okay, if we believe in 3 equal God's co-existence, then we deny Jesus as a Son. So, if any religion believe in the Trinity doctrine, then they have reject Jesus as Son of God.
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Jesus is not created. I hope that you have understand why I declared the Trinity doctrine is a false on.

Pip,

You promote an unorthodox view that denies the Trinity and this goes against the confession of beliefs of this forum. I'm happy to discuss this with you but it seems you are battling to understand the 3 persons in the Godhead, each of whom is God and yet there is one true God.

Yes, there are mysteries here. Why don't you read my orthodox understanding of the Trinity - as taught in the Bible:
There is every biblical reason to believe in the Trinity.

Oz

Yes. Jesus Christ is the Lord God.

YHWH, THE GREAT I AM.

JLB
There was a distinction that was made between God and Lord that is not captured by orthodox trinity statements.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

They believe in ONE God in 3 persons.
We believe that the one God eternally exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God,

It is a mystery.
In regard to the Son.
Begotten of the Father before all worlds but not made.
With the original creed that still exists in the eastern orthodox church
the Spirit proceeds from the Father
NT=>Spirit proceeds from the Father but is given through the Son.
Western church=>Spirit proceeds from the Father and Son

I'll go with the NT
The spirit Jesus sends in His name He received from the Father.

Well, at my age of 77,and over 40 years of study and walking with God in service, as well as what I have experienced, I find people trying to understand everything of God, and bringing all the mysteries of God down to a place where they can put meanings to everything, essentially eliminating Gods SUPER-NATURAL POSITION in relationship to us mere mortals, "CREATED BY GOD.

At some point in my "MATURING PROCESS", I realized I couldn't understand everything about God and was never meant to.
That's what faith is about.
God is far above us and beyond us, not only in what little we do know, but there are things we will never know until after the "RAPTURE", our resurrection.

My name is OLIGOS

You guys are ignoring me.
So I think I'll be a pain and keep re-posting this until I get a response, because i think what I said makes a whole lot more sense than what I've heard here from anyone but JLB .

Myname is OLIGOS

Pip,

You promote an unorthodox view that denies the Trinity and this goes against the confession of beliefs of this forum. I'm happy to discuss this with you but it seems you are battling to understand the 3 persons in the Godhead, each of whom is God and yet there is one true God.

Yes, there are mysteries here. Why don't you read my orthodox understanding of the Trinity - as taught in the Bible:
There is every biblical reason to believe in the Trinity.

Oz
I will check it out. Do you know what hurts? When the Bible teaches something and men's try to changed what the Bible teaches. Let we be honest my friend. Did the Apostles has greet in the Trinity or in two beings? My friend I don't have problem that I will be ban. Because I am searching only for what the Bible says. Think my friend, if Jesus says don't think, or think not. What would you do? Matthew 5:17-18.

tigger,

Titus 2:13 in the Greek NT reads: προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ χριστοῦ. The bold emphasis is translated: 'of the great God and Saviour of you, Jesus Christ'.

Who is the 'great God'? Is he the one and only God or God the Father? Titus 1:4 clarifies this: 'To Titus, my true son in our common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Saviour' (NIV). So, Titus 2:13 deals with the great God, the Father and the Saviour Jesus Christ.

Who is involved in providing salvation? It is the role of both God the Father and God the Son - according to this verse.

Oz

θεοῦ is in the genitive case meaning "of god." σωτῆρος is also in the genitive case meaning "of savior." That is why so many translations quoted above can honestly disagree with you.

Last edited:
θεοῦ is in the genitive case meaning "of god." σωτῆρος is also in the genitive case meaning "of savior." That is why so many translations quoted above can honestly disagree with you.

Not true. I read and have taught Greek. I know the NT Greek language fairly well, so nothing I wrote differs from the exegesis of the Greek text.

I will check it out. Do you know what hurts? When the Bible teaches something and men's try to changed what the Bible teaches. Let we be honest my friend. Did the Apostles has greet in the Trinity or in two beings? My friend I don't have problem that I will be ban. Because I am searching only for what the Bible says. Think my friend, if Jesus says don't think, or think not. What would you do? Matthew 5:17-18.
You ask a good question, because this issue needs defining to get clarity.
My son is my son because of mixing my genetic code with the genetic code of my wife.
That creates a new person with traits of our physical nature passed on by DNA. There are also environmental triggers passed on by diet of the mother during pregnancy.

Jesus was not Gods son in this sense, as the Father does not have DNA as the basis of His existence.
Son could be used in the sense this is Gods essence, His personality, approach, nature, being put within a human form.
For God to become a conscious human, limited by physical form and understanding, He could not be the Father but something else. And the reason to become like this, to be interjected into mortality, needed a goal and objective.

Jesus provided this by call the disciples friends. Over time it becomes apparent, God desires that we might know Him, His heart, the essence of who He is, and share with Him in creation. As I have grown in understanding, love desired to create and share who He was, and be in communion with loving, free will creatures who chose to be like Him, as far as this is possible.

When I first read the bible, it struck me, this desire to bless, to allow people to walk and chose the path, and yet the best path they chose to miss. When God revealed His path in detail through the law, still they chose a King, rather than rule from the Lord. This discussion through history, is God is so humble and patient, so desiring to bless but within constraints and what is sensible and limited. God is the massive storm, the overwhelming voice, but at His centre a calm still voice. God in human form, is eternal, but separate, limited, yet transcendent.

The trinity is just a way of describing this reality, this one and yet 3, together and yet separate. But this mystery is not important compared to our dilemma of sin and loyalty to love and pain. We can never have love without pain, vulnerability without rejection. It is both the power of love and its weakness. Yet when we find people who love, it is the power of eternity and the reality of the creator of the universe which changes everything, literally.

But it stands because Jesus is God, Gods heart in human form, a friend bounded by righteousness and the walk.

You ask a good question, because this issue needs defining to get clarity.
My son is my son because of mixing my genetic code with the genetic code of my wife.
That creates a new person with traits of our physical nature passed on by DNA. There are also environmental triggers passed on by diet of the mother during pregnancy.

Jesus was not Gods son in this sense, as the Father does not have DNA as the basis of His existence.
Son could be used in the sense this is Gods essence, His personality, approach, nature, being put within a human form.
For God to become a conscious human, limited by physical form and understanding, He could not be the Father but something else. And the reason to become like this, to be interjected into mortality, needed a goal and objective.

Jesus provided this by call the disciples friends. Over time it becomes apparent, God desires that we might know Him, His heart, the essence of who He is, and share with Him in creation. As I have grown in understanding, love desired to create and share who He was, and be in communion with loving, free will creatures who chose to be like Him, as far as this is possible.

When I first read the bible, it struck me, this desire to bless, to allow people to walk and chose the path, and yet the best path they chose to miss. When God revealed His path in detail through the law, still they chose a King, rather than rule from the Lord. This discussion through history, is God is so humble and patient, so desiring to bless but within constraints and what is sensible and limited. God is the massive storm, the overwhelming voice, but at His centre a calm still voice. God in human form, is eternal, but separate, limited, yet transcendent.

The trinity is just a way of describing this reality, this one and yet 3, together and yet separate. But this mystery is not important compared to our dilemma of sin and loyalty to love and pain. We can never have love without pain, vulnerability without rejection. It is both the power of love and its weakness. Yet when we find people who love, it is the power of eternity and the reality of the creator of the universe which changes everything, literally.

But it stands because Jesus is God, Gods heart in human form, a friend bounded by righteousness and the walk.
A very beautiful TRUTHS

There was a distinction that was made between God and Lord that is not captured by orthodox trinity statements.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

What is your point?

We know Jesus is the Son of God.

He is the Lord God.

He is YHWH, the great I AM.

He has the same name as His Father, the Name above all names.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11 NIV

• Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

JLB

Last edited:
You guys are ignoring me.
So I think I'll be a pain and keep re-posting this until I get a response, because i think what I said makes a whole lot more sense than what I've heard here from anyone but JLB .

Myname is OLIGOS
In discussing the relationship between Father and Son its clear in the testimony that the Father is Jesus's God and that holds through the gospels and revelation.

If you are trying to state the trinity "as written" is a paradox and mystery that no one can fully explain I agree with you. For push comes to shove the foundation is mystery.

The one who put everything under Christ is the Father. And there will come a day when Jesus hands the reign back to the Father when the last enemy that is death is destroyed. If you are premill then death is destroyed or there will be no more death after the 1000 years. The New Jerusalem and the Father will come down from heaven and Gods place will be with man.

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

The Father will be their God.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

What is your point?

We know Jesus is the Son of God.

He is the Lord God.

He is YHWH, the great I AM.

He has the same name as His Father, the Name above all names.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. John 17:11 NIV

• Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

JLB
You mean what was Paul's point in the way He worded to us there is but one God the Father and one lord Jesus Christ rather than one God the Father ,Son and Holy Spirit?

I already gave it to you but you are unable to accept it so lets move on.

Sir, not every person who believes in the Trinity, which biblically is called the Godhead, or in Hebrew called, Elohim fits into the narrow description you are promoting.

I believe in the Three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit as one God.

I believe Jesus was begotten of the Father, not created.

Please do not say such things to anyone here at this Forum such as:

• “So, if any religion believe in the Trinity doctrine, then they have reject Jesus as Son of God.”

• “Jesus is not created. I hope that you have understand why I declared the Trinity doctrine is a false on.“

Please just discuss what you yourself believe, and use scripture.

Don't make statements about what others believe that misrepresents them.

Thank you. JLB

You mean what was Paul's point in the way He worded to us there is but one God the Father and one lord Jesus Christ rather than one God the Father ,Son and Holy Spirit?

I already gave it to you but you are unable to accept it so lets move on.

Not accept what, Randy?

I believe everyone here understands that Jesus is the Son of God, so what point are you trying to make, and please post the scripture with context, and please be specific about the point you are making.

Are you saying Jesus is not God?

JLB

Not accept what, Randy?

I believe everyone here understands that Jesus is the Son of God, so what point are you trying to make, and please post the scripture with context, and please be specific about the point you are making.

Are you saying Jesus is not God?

JLB
To me there is but one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ.

Is Jesus God?
He never dies.
Yes, He is all that the Father is. (The fullness was pleased to dwell in Him)
No, He has always been the Son. (The firstborn of all creation)

The Father is living in the Son and they are one in that manner.

fullness=The Spirit without limit
The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God i gives the Spirit without limit. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Jesus as the Son has His own spirit.
"Father into your hands I commit My Spirit"

As the firstborn of all things created Jesus is before all things except His God and is Gods firstborn.

It has always been the church of the Firstborn.
When God brings the firstborn into the world He commands all His angels to bow to Him.

...to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

If you can accept it the meaning here is not that God made David His firstborn but that God appointed His Firstborn to the line of David and in Jesus Gods promise to David is fulfilled.

The Christ is forever and is the greatest.
Psalm 89
And I will appoint him to be my firstborn,
the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
28I will maintain my love to him forever,
and my covenant with him will never fail.
29I will establish his line forever,
his throne as long as the heavens endure

1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepherds as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakenings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that refer the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh and blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepherds as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakenings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

Jesus being the right arm of God. Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Jesus is the word of God. John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus is word, light and life that is God come in the flesh. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Gods Holy Spirit has come to indwell us and teach us. John 14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Scriptures that reference Jesus being referred to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that refer the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20
No one is denying the Spirit of God.
So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Gods Spirit would be Divine.

Fathers promise
In the last days I will pour out My Spirit...

Jesus -The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me..

Jesus to the Father-I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me

How could the Father be living in the Son except by His Spirit?
How could Christ be living in us except by the Spirit sent in His name?

A Spirit of a person, in this case God, acts according to the will of the mind of the person.
Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'"

A person has their own will.
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Jesus does speak of the Spirit of God as another. The Father does not.
I put the most weight on what Jesus states.

How does one listen and learn from the Father except by His Spirit? The Spirit who does not speak on His own but only what He hears.

Jesus-It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Back