Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New community TOS

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
All who claim to be Christians must treat other posters with love and respect.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35 New King James Version (NKJV)

...speaking the truth in love... Ephesians 4:15b NKJV

I don't even understand grievances with other members. Is this kindergarten or what? I like to speak to everyone, but some are on such a high horse they can't even hear you but expect you to hear them.
So, I avoid them. I agree with you in your last paragraph.

Let's see if we can get this done!
I used to be an exec. secy. I can do it all!!!!!
Well, at least I used to be able to.
LOL

I'm sorry, but you used to be what?

for_his_glory
It's kind of like the old testiment law. You think it's easy to understand until you have to implement it. Many parts were added to combat specific issues that no longer exist.

In short, I dont want the forum to be rules driven. Instead, I'd like to see it role driven in a way that encourages growth. Staff shouldnt be looked upon as the police issuing infractions. We are a community and we need to grow the community. This means every member has a role.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35 New King James Version (NKJV)

Actually, on this site all members must treat each other with respect, including non-Christians.

for_his_glory
It's kind of like the old testiment law. You think it's easy to understand until you have to implement it. Many parts were added to combat specific issues that no longer exist.

In short, I dont want the forum to be rules driven. Instead, I'd like to see it role driven in a way that encourages growth. Staff shouldnt be looked upon as the police issuing infractions. We are a community and we need to grow the community. This means every member has a role.

I really do not see it as rule driven, but Christian discipline among the Brethren. When I first came here after being in other Christian forums I read through them and like the structure of keeping everything civil within our interactions with each other as in Christian or non-Christian. To me every member does have a role as always remaining pleasing to the Lord in all they present. You said certain parts were added to combat specific issues that no longer exist, well that tells me the ToS works. Just as God disciplines us when needed I also believe the ToS does basically the same to keep us inline with the word of God.

I'm 64 and still need structure and at times disciplined when needed just like a young child needs the same. No, the staff should not be looked upon as the police issuing infractions as we all need to look at the staff as those who work hard to keep a healthy atmosphere that others will want to be a part of and grow within the Christian community.

Just this ole country girl's thoughts :)

:thumbsup

Yeah, but I really like how this is worded. I've always felt each TOS is an expression of scripture!
StoveBolts so can we add michael's words to post #2 to start off our rewrite?

Philippians 2:3

EXB
When you do things, do not let ·selfishness [rivalry; selfish ambition] or pride be your guide. Instead, be humble and give more ·honor [regard; value] to others than to yourselves.

KJ21
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem the other better than himself.

1 Peter 3:8

EXB
Finally, all of you should ·be in agreement [be like-minded; live in harmony], ·understanding each other [sympathetic], ·loving each other as family [L showing brotherly love], being ·kind [tender; compassionate]and humble.

Last edited:
I was an Executive Secretary --- maintained the office of an executive.
Also a full-fledged bookkeeper; a skill that no longer exists.
Managed a couple of small offices.

Great. Now Stovebolts will be expecting a lot !!
:thud

Really. That's very cool. Having been self employed for so long, I can appreciate a good secretary and bookkeeper. It's no surprise that you were, I just didn't know it.

About the ToS. I'm not sure how restructuring it could make the site better? It's already a lot different and better than it used to be.
Maybe I just need some more coffee first, lol.

Really. That's very cool. Having been self employed for so long, I can appreciate a good secretary and bookkeeper. It's no surprise that you were, I just didn't know it.

About the ToS. I'm not sure how restructuring it could make the site better? It's already a lot different and better than it used to be.
Maybe I just need some more coffee first, lol.
I'm going to rewrite the entire thing. It's 8 pages long...let's see if we could cut it down ...
Then it's up to Stovebolts to change it as he wishes.
These are all just ideas we could contribute.

I'm going to rewrite the entire thing. It's 8 pages long...let's see if we could cut it down ...
Personally, it seems strange that we even need a ToS on a Christian site. But, I guess we are all human with a sinful nature. Getting the same message across with fewer words would be nice.

Three seem to be some that think our ToS is designed to censor what we say but the reality is that it is designed to help members with how we say it. There are ways to tell someone that we think they are in error with kindness, love, affection, gentleness, respect, and so on.

I got a new suggestion to add to the tos,... NO PESTURING! What I mean by that is that if you're trying to state a point to somebody simply state it and then move on without saying the same thing over and over in thread after thread. *cough cough* Church, *cough cough* how much you read and study the Bible.

Personally, it seems strange that we even need a ToS on a Christian site. But, I guess we are all human with a sinful nature. Getting the same message across with fewer words would be nice.
I couldn't agree more!
Do unto others....would seem to be enough.
And if we get over-heated at times, the mods are always there to cool us down...

BTW, I'm already half done.
Then you guys could look it over.

Thank you so much!
We are a community, and we should all agree and have input on what our community will look like to the world that looks in on us.

I've got a busy day... stacking wood in the rain that's long over due and then our church is putting on a fall festival that I'm part of... I wish I had more time... life never seems to slow down enough for me to do everything that needs to get done. :-(

If it helps, I think our TOS should be based on the Two greatest commandments.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Last edited:
Back