Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New community TOS

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
last i had knowledge of there could be no discussion on catholic doctrine.. then osas since i lost track it adds every time a discussion goes wild . many times rules are interrupted by how it seems to fit the discussion in question

Thank you so much!
We are a community, and we should all agree and have input on what our community will look like to the world that looks in on us.

I've got a busy day... stacking wood in the rain that's long over due and then our church is putting on a fall festival that I'm part of... I wish I had more time... life never seems to slow down enough for me to do everything that needs to get done. :-(
Have a good day.
Enjoy the Fall Festival.
I'm more than half done with the whole thing.
You could check it out on Monday. It'll be done by tomorrow.
Then you could tell me what you and the other mods want changed.

Have a good day!

last i had knowledge of there could be no discussion on catholic doctrine.. then osas since i lost track it adds every time a discussion goes wild . many times rules are interrupted by how it seems to fit the discussion in question
I'm very sorry we can't discuss Catholic doctrine.
I know it well and some of it is really good and agrees with us.
As to OSAS, I personally feel this is a very important topic because I'm of the feeling that it could lead SOME to loss of salvation. It depends how it's understood. I've read posts that claim we could do whatever we want because we'll always be saved. This is very worrisome to me.
It's just that so often it goes out of control because some are so passionate about this---incl myself! If we could just learn to stay calm and discuss it biblically.

I also dislike personal remarks. We're not here to discuss our personal relationship with God but the bible and what it says, or at least what we THINK it says.

Anyway, back to work...

I've read posts that claim we could do whatever we want because we'll always be saved. This is very worrisome to me.
for one that is not even scripture . the BIG problem is people only take part of the scripture and make it a doctrine..i would do a post on the security of our salvation with scripture . it would NOT be a osas topic but there again new rules would be made . which has been my point all along .but see your just doing a volunteer service which is great ,,

The cold hard truth is that the people who think that you can do whatever you want and still be saved aren't really saved because if you're truly saved, you want to do what's pleasing onto the Lord even if you are still a sinner.

Ah,the wonderful anymonity of the internet.say what we want do have to see the offended in person. Locally I'm recognized from my photos history posts,the society members ,two of them having never met me knew my name .it helped that tony,called me name .so yes if it's like that we tend to be better acting.I have to block ,avoid a debate with a troll at work,she didn't know it was me.I nearly went up to here and wanted to speak my mind,but she works in legal,best not to create drama .I got caught once ,but not for making the city look bad but over when I posted.Its a small town,I know things that can cause monetary pain,and use wisdom when posting .

Here is what I was talking about... how do you interpret these things? Are we censoring content for the sake of bias?

I've been here for almost every addition to the TOS since this sites inception. I understand why almost every rule was put in place.

Yes, our bias did play a role in which discussions could take place, but not for the sake of doctrine. Simply put, our forum has been dealing with arrogance, hatred and division since I can remember so instead of addressing the issue, we simply eliminated the discussions.

The community is small enough and I believe we have the right membership that we can root in a foundation based on the love of Christ. It has always been my belief that we should be able to discuss any topic, but I've realized that if we dont have Christs love forc th he Church as our foundation for these important discussions, then we get more division and not reconcilliation.

It is my hope that the entire community participates with the new TOS so we can lay the groundwork to open up those discussions again. I an excited to see what wondering puts together and the discussions we will have around it.

I would also like to go through our statement of faith as a community, so when our brothers with differing views come, they will understand they are our guests, and we will welcome them and treat them as guests. It will also be known that we expect them to act like good guests.

Last edited:
Actually, maybe you weren't here long enough to see how long RCC and OSAS discussions had been going wild before the moratorium was enacted. We tried holding in those discussions for years but without success. It was only after many staff discussions behind the scenes that we felt we had to do something to maintain order.

Just a little history.

So when considering rules...
We need to think about what we want...
Positive things to say... like "do this or that" and not "don't do this or that".

Frame them in a positive manner.

Also consider what would encourage peace and harmony.
We want to put our best appearance when strangers come to view our site.

If we look like we are sniping and insulting each other no one will want to join us. (At least not the nice people)

Which is why in the past we have banned certain types of discussions. Because two righteous people can have two opposite opinions on a subject. Both parties being "good guys" but can't seem to control themselves when talking about particular subjects.

We should keep the ordering imho.
Top number is a catagory and versioning is within said catagory.

1. Mattherw 18, conflict resolution
1.1. Send member PM
1.2. If not resolved, invite friend.
1.3. If still not resolved, make it public. (Raises question, where? Create a new forum? Etc)

Catagories would be listed in order of importance.

I really like the idea of prioritizing which things are most important. To whit, Jesus simplified OT law into 2 rules ...

One of those folds neatly into the problem we have to address most frequently, so I think it should be #1:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Mt 7:12, combines with Mark 12:31)

Nobody wants to be told "you're wrong, there's only one way this Scripture can be correctly understood" (and that conveniently happens to be my way)

Instead we are encouraged to post what we believe and why, but we must make allowance for the possibilities that:

a) someone else's perspective may be better than our own (Pp 2:3b)
b) we may be correct, but there may be other equally valid meanings in the same passage, which are more relevant in some situations
c) we might actually be wrong!

Growth and nurturing are important aspects of edification; that's the goal here.

(Feel free to refine away at my verbiage)

All good stuff everyone!

I have to apologize to everyone. I've got too many plates spinning and like this important topic, I'm dropping plates.

I should be freed up tomorrow evening.

wondering has revised the TOs and sent it to me. I figure I'll post the items one by one and as a community, decide what to do with each one.

That's alright take your time. We all get a little busy every now and then. :)

Ok time for me to put my mod hat on (I haven't had to do that for a while)

This thread will be used to develop our new ToS, which will be focused on good and important stuff, because we'll be relying on input from YOU!

Partly I'm just bumping the thread, but I'll be facilitating the ongoing process and here's how it will work:

I'll put a section in post #2, and you'll be able to see when I last edited it. It will be there subject to YOUR approval and revision! Some of this will be difficult to articulate. We'll all work on it together (down the thread in normal posting fashion) and when we can't make it any better it'll get inserted into post #1.

Then I'll put a new section to work on in post #2. We'll get through it; it'll take time, it's long. But it will become relevant, and a useful tool, for all of us to make this a unique place on the internet. One where the Glory of God can shine ...

for one that is not even scripture . the BIG problem is people only take part of the scripture and make it a doctrine..i would do a post on the security of our salvation with scripture . it would NOT be a osas topic but there again new rules would be made . which has been my point all along .but see your just doing a volunteer service which is great ,,
Oh my gosh... I just saw this.

In my post I was speaking about what other posters say...I hope you understood this and are just replying.

Of course it's not scriptural,,,but go try to convince them. I hear about "sealing", I hear about the word "eternal", I hear about gifts being irrevocable.

One particular person I speak to at times is an ordained pastor! He's not pulling verses out, he has a belief system that many follow.

As to speaking about this,,I see no problem. . . But not here on this thread.

Ok time for me to put my mod hat on (I haven't had to do that for a while)

This thread will be used to develop our new ToS, which will be focused on good and important stuff, because we'll be relying on input from YOU!

Partly I'm just bumping the thread, but I'll be facilitating the ongoing process and here's how it will work:

I'll put a section in post #2, and you'll be able to see when I last edited it. It will be there subject to YOUR approval and revision! Some of this will be difficult to articulate. We'll all work on it together (down the thread in normal posting fashion) and when we can't make it any better it'll get inserted into post #1.

Then I'll put a new section to work on in post #2. We'll get through it; it'll take time, it's long. But it will become relevant, and a useful tool, for all of us to make this a unique place on the internet. One where the Glory of God can shine ...
Hi R,
A thought...
Is it possible to make a new Topic called TOS Thread or does it require a programmer??

This is kinda lost under LOUNGE .....

You mean a new forum for these TOS discusions to go or just start a new thread?
A new forum.
Because unless a person is specifically looking for this TOS thread,,,they won't see it.

Instead FORUMS are visible by scrolling down the Forums page.
A new forum named "TOS DISCUSSIONS" or Tos Ideas or something that represents what we're doing here.

A new forum.
Because unless a person is specifically looking for this TOS thread,,,they won't see it.

A new forum named "TOS DISCUSSIONS" or Tos Ideas or something that represents what we're doing here.

I pondered that as I searched for this thread too. We already have a place designed for things like that, announcements and feedback I think it's called? I also thought about the (deliberately obnoxious) bubble notice we all received when our "community message" was first rolled out, that we might use something like that to solicit input and direct everyone to where it is.

Details details, it sure is good we have you as our Executive Secretary!

I pondered that as I searched for this thread too. We already have a place designed for things like that, announcements and feedback I think it's called? I also thought about the (deliberately obnoxious) bubble notice we all received when our "community message" was first rolled out, that we might use something like that to solicit input and direct everyone to where it is.

Details details, it sure is good we have you as our Executive Secretary!
We all can think of something different. That's why it's good to do this together...

Yeah...that would work too and might even be better if it's seen at log in.

A new forum.

HeIsRisen2018

Hi H,
You gave me a LIKE for a couple of posts on this thread.
I'm not sure StoveBolts and Razeontherock can see that.

Maybe you could RESPOND to it in the future, this way they'll both know that you agree with my idea since we ALL will have a say in this....

Back