Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New community TOS

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A new forum.
Because unless a person is specifically looking for this TOS thread,,,they won't see it.

Instead FORUMS are visible by scrolling down the Forums page.
A new forum named "TOS DISCUSSIONS" or Tos Ideas or something that represents what we're doing here.
See how easy that was :)
We do hear you, and we respond! I really want this to be a time where the community comes together.
The Statement of faith is next :)

HeIsRisen2018

Hi H,
You gave me a LIKE for a couple of posts on this thread.
I'm not sure StoveBolts and Razeontherock can see that.

Maybe you could RESPOND to it in the future, this way they'll both know that you agree with my idea since we ALL will have a say in this....

Okay, sorry, sometimes I just assume a like means that I agree with that person, but yes I do agree with you because sooner or later this thread is going to get further and further down the list because of all the topics posted here until it disappears into nothingness. If we had a separate forum for this like we do with the classes we wouldn't have that problem and I think we should because this topic is extremely important. Or at least mark it as pinned or sticky or whatever so everybody will always be able to see it.

Now that we have a new forum for our discussions, why don't we use new threads that ONLY staff will create to keep this organized.
Razeontherock , what if you create a thread, make it a sticky and lock it. That will be thread you keep the finalized version at.
Then, each subsequent section of the TOS gets it's own thread. Title them numerically.

Of course, this is just a suggestion, but it kind of gives us some better options. Thanks for suggesting this wondering

Now that we have a new forum for our discussions, why don't we use new threads that ONLY staff will create to keep this organized.
Razeontherock , what if you create a thread, make it a sticky and lock it. That will be thread you keep the finalized version at.
Then, each subsequent section of the TOS gets it's own thread. Title them numerically.

Of course, this is just a suggestion, but it kind of gives us some better options. Thanks for suggesting this wondering

I agree obviously I didn't realize we had it until I looked up. It was an excellent idea. :thumbsup And thanks to the staff for allowing our voices to be heard. :biggrin2

Okay, sorry, sometimes I just assume a like means that I agree with that person, but yes I do agree with you because sooner or later this thread is going to get further and further down the list because of all the topics posted here until it disappears into nothingness. If we had a separate forum for this like we do with the classes we wouldn't have that problem and I think we should because this topic is extremely important. Or at least mark it as pinned or sticky or whatever so everybody will always be able to see it.
No problem H,
This way EVERYONE sees what each of us thinks.
:)

You and R could work this out however you wish to.
I'm keeping an updated copy of all the changes on my side...

Another thought....
When we have the first "section" on a thread to which we can participate and give input....

Would it be a good idea to send everyone a PM to bring this to their attention? I don't see anyone really posting on here...OR, just wait and see what happens.

Those interested will probably notice the new forum anyway.

Another thought....
When we have the first "section" on a thread to which we can participate and give input....

Would it be a good idea to send everyone a PM to bring this to their attention? I don't see anyone really posting on here...OR, just wait and see what happens.

:agreed

Another thought....

This is what I was alluding to with the bubble when our Community Message first came out. Just some way to make sure everything sees it.

I'll just go with the flow
To be honest, I like it the way it is,
I agree. If there are changes, not a lot and I also like the way it is not because I have been around a long time; but because I have seen how other forums work and compared to that this is a splendid place with good moderators who seem to spend more time caring than correcting. I have noticed that we don't seem to be getting trolls like so many do and that is because of the way the administrators and staff have set things up.

I agree. If there are changes, not a lot and I also like the way it is not because I have been around a long time; but because I have seen how other forums work and compared to that this is a splendid place with good moderators who seem to spend more time caring than correcting. I have noticed that we don't seem to be getting trolls like so many do and that is because of the way the administrators and staff have set things up.
Thank you. We've worked really hard to get here.
We've plowed the ground and planted some seed which are taking root.

:oops2 Aww shucks - thanks.

Still working out some bugs, but I hope to have something presented for your input soon.

Our problems with the current version is it doesn't direct anyone towards goodness, it's a real bore to read so it likely gets ignored, anything helpful is buried, and it's not very useful for most things we encounter in the rare instance when staff does need to step in.

That's why we've ignored it, making strides towards creating an uplifting community in other ways. We're getting there! We believe that should be the purpose of a Christian forum, and it should be in stark contrast to the rest of the internet where people mostly just troll each other.

So now we've made enough progress to be able to address this ...

Suggest:

1.3 Do not post your opinion of another members standing in the Christian faith. Judging someone’s soul is not Christ like; only they and God know their relationship with God. This includes collective beliefs and groups in general.

To:
1.3 Do not post your opinion of another member’s standing in the Christian faith. Only they and God know their relationship with God. This includes collective beliefs and groups in general.

Rational: 1 a typo (member’s not members) and technically, Judging someone’s soul IS Christ’s role, not ours. Rom 2:16, Rev 19:11

Suggest:

To:
1.3 Do not post your opinion of another member’s standing in the Christian faith. Only they and God know their relationship with God. This includes collective beliefs and groups in general.

Rational: 1 a typo (member’s not members) and technically, Judging someone’s soul IS Christ’s role, not ours. Rom 2:16, Rev 19:11
Hey there. That is our current TOS and like I said, it needs some work :)

That conversation is going on in this thread.
https://christianforums.net/Fellows...1-is-up-please-help.78138/page-2#post-1490901

Suggest:

To:

I got a chuckle out of your last part there - good catch!

This is exactly the sort of thing we're hoping for ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back