Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The way I see it, in the beginning of the Church, the Lord focused on primarily the Jews, and the salvation and equipping of the Jews.

Later He would begin to reach out to the Gentiles, through Peter, who was looked up to as the head Apostle. In using Peter for this work to the Gentiles, it would carry the full weight of authority among the Jews as being valid.

Then later the Lord raised up Paul for this work, even though Paul did indeed go after the Jews in the city where he was sent to raise up churches because if he could get a few Jews saved, he would have some people who already were versed in the scriptures, to leave behind as elders and teachers when he moved on.

Likewise when Paul began to teach the Gentile converts, he wanted to establish some boundaries of authority because the Gentiles were unlearned in the scriptures and the ways of the Lord.

So he choose to have the men be established in the work, which only makes sense, since this was the natural progression of authority in which to establish the Church on a firm foundation for years to come.

Paul wanted to see order in the homes, and order in the church as he was not ignorant of the devils devises; having beguiled Eve, then used Eve to persuade her husband.

IOW, Paul established this rule as a matter of strategy and order, not as dogma to be used to prohibit women from never being used by the Lord for the work of the ministry.

We have seen His mighty power working through many awesome women of God n these last days days:

Marie Woodworth Etter
Aimee Semple McPherson
Kathrun Kuhlman

and many more!

JLB

What I mean by "imposing authority" is to seize the spiritual office of pastor/teacher. Women ain't called to that. So when a woman does that she is imposing her authority on the church that she does not have.

Amen! Well said!

Why can’t there also be women who are called to walk in the other 4 ministry giftings?
above my pay grade . i dont hold the answers !! once again i can only go by what paul wrote to timothy.

i fully understand Ephesians 4 five fold leadership in fact from there on will be my text. key verse no longer children tossed to and fro. once agin i go by scriptures
acts 6:2So the Twelve summoned all the disciples and said, “It is unacceptable for us to neglect the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3Therefore, brothers, select from among you seven men confirmed to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will appoint this responsibility to them 4and will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”…

12 men select 7 men once again scriptures once again women has a place in the Church. i certainly do not accept Joyce Myers as a preacher. she is a teacher just like the lady in the wheel chair joni .

nor am i dogmatic on women being silent . as i have said a buddy of mine in his Church the women can NOT vote. that is wrong

Reactions: JLB
none of this says accept as preachers these was all that was his helpers in the ministry . woman have a very vital part in the ministry of the church. he chose man to be the leader

commend​

to praise as worthy; to entrust, acclaim, laudable, able, capable.

Last edited:
Why can’t there also be women who are called to walk in the other 4 ministry giftings?
Woman can teach, preach, evangelize, and prophesy. What they can't do is hold the office of pastor. That authority is given to men alone for the reasons Paul cites. Neither of which have anything to do with the shifting norms of society but are founded in creation itself.

Woman can teach, preach, evangelize, and prophesy. What they can't do is hold the office of pastor. That authority is given to men alone for the reasons Paul cites. Neither of which have anything to do with the shifting norms of society but are founded in creation itself.
Are you Paul?

IOW, Paul established this rule as a matter of strategy and order, not as dogma to be used to prohibit women from never being used by the Lord for the work of the ministry.
this is commentary not solo scripture . why would paul write using the word man HE His own house ..if you can show me scripture other wise. then i will change my position

The only way out of this impasse that I can see is to follow the teaching of the master.
You could just read the passage as a way out of what you see as an impasse. The reasons Paul gave for women not being pastors are by nature unchangeable. There's nothing fluid about those reasons that they can somehow not be applicable in any society from creation forward. Just read the passage.

What I mean by "imposing authority" is to seize the spiritual office of pastor/teacher. Women ain't called to that. So when a woman does that she is imposing her authority on the church that she does not have. And Paul says she doesn't have that authority by reason of creation, and the fall. It has nothing to do with changeable cultural norms or anything else that would cause Paul's instruction to not be valid today. It has everything to do with man being made head of woman, and that the woman was deceived by satan, not the man.
More likely they were invited.

Ok.

but it does not say preach . that is my whole point
Preaching is heralding/proclaiming the good news. (Which reminds me, isn't it time to start a Christmas thread?)

Pastors aren't evangelists, unless they have also been called to that office as well. You don't have to be a pastor to hold the office of evangelist. And EVERYBODY can evangelize. But the office of evangelist is a special calling to evangelism. It's a spiritual office. Women can be evangelists. What women can not be is a pastor-teacher, by reason of creation. A reason that can never change. Even in our woke society, lol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back