Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should women teach in the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The boys were taught scripture, Paul for example, sat at the feet of Gamaliel, while the girls did housework. The men could read and write, think of the apostles, but the girls were never taught.
I don’t see how that addresses anything I said.

while i hold to men leadership .as it is the man responsibility to lead ..

how ever there are far more worse pressing matters homosexuals in the pulpit.. john the revelator wrote to the church in Ephesus. .there was 5 things he told them they did right.. but the Big BUTTTTTTTTTTTT you left your first love and possibly they was failing to love another ..

the church is on the brink of lukewarm and left their first love age. yes i know there will always be a remnant.

we cant stop women preachers God will sort the wheat from the tares. once again if the work is not of God .it will burn up in the fire.. as John wrote let us return back to our first works. Back to the beginning

The boys were taught scripture, Paul for example, sat at the feet of Gamaliel, while the girls did housework. The men could read and write, think of the apostles, but the girls were never taught.
This of course happened in the distant past. That is not the case today in Western cultures.

Pigs were the dustbins of the day. They were full of maggots from the human excrement they ate while hoovering up.

They have been retired from that job, and now we can eat the meat.
Of course! Pork, bacon, ribs, etc. Yum! Great food!

Don't you think that this should also be included? "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive." Titus 2:910
The KJV of the bible says it this way..."Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;..." (Titus 2:9)
Your version of scripture has put its interpreter's agenda in front of the truth.

In case you're not aware, we are not living in the 1st Century CE. The roles of everyone -- women, slaves, et al -- have changed since that time. Women are not uneducated semi-slaves, the property of their husbands. They are now equal to men in every area and there is no reason that they cannot teach in church or perform any other role in the body of Christ.
If you use excerpts from the Bible to create a new form of the law that people must obey you are missing the grace of God, given to His people.
Only the world has changed, but not the kingdom of God on earth.
Which shall we be a part of?

If a woman should stand up and preach a powerful deeply Holy Spirit filled message, it would be a pity if the church insists she sit down and a "feel good because God just wants you to be happy" man should instead preach.
Hypothetical events don't stand against scriptural truths.

Of course I do. So, no, I haven't based it on only one sentence. But, even if I had, it is better than bringing in modern culture to

This has nothing to do with what the Bible states. Notice that in 1 Tim 2:12, Paul does make his appeal to culture, but firstly to Adam being created first, and secondly, to Eve being the one who was deceived.

I think you need to learn the difference between Law and commands in the NT for believers. Yes, Christ did set us free, but not so that we can use Scripture to support our cultural beliefs.
Is obedience to an apostle subject to unbeliever's cultural beliefs?
NO.

But if the deep and powerful message from the Holy Spirit is needed to be heard by the people...who could stop God from getting her onto the stage?!

It's just that being a Pastor is an office and God dictated that the Pastor should be a man. And who knows? Maybe the women were dull & uppity back then and so were not fit to teach yet? Today's women are qute a bit smarter I'd say, Lol. So let them teach.

Joyce Meyer used to be a regular on my truck radio. I don't care how rich she is or whatever blah blah blah, but the woman has spoken a lot of truth, which helped me at that time. Joyce is not correct about absolutely everything but is more good than bad. Besides, no one knows it all.

And...there be a cople girl pastor/teacher types whatever that I wont listen to, cuz I did once already, lol. But no names, this aint about that.
"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." (1 Cor 5:6, Gal 5:9)

But what do we do with Acts 10:15 ?? It says we can eat unclean animals. Should we fall back to when eating unclean animals and stand on that scripture? Stop eating bacon now?! :cries

Or do we go ahead and stand on Acts 10:15 too?

Talking about bacon is making me hungry, lol. That lady can't take the pulpit right now...who'll rustle up the BLT's?!
Obedience to God and to His apostles makes us the "peculiar people" of 1 Peter 2:9 and Titus 2:14.
Don't conform to this world's consensus.

The KJV of the bible says it this way..."Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;..." (Titus 2:9)
Your version of scripture has put its interpreter's agenda in front of the truth.

Only the world has changed, but not the kingdom of God on earth.
Which shall we be a part of?
My version of scripture? By that you mean, the NIV, the most popular English translation in the world? Incidentally, that is not the version that I use most often. My favorite translation is the NET, which has Titus 2:9 as "Slaves are to be subject to their own masters in everything, to do what is wanted and not talk back," Your version distorted this section of Scripture.

I do not like the KJV, as it is a poor translation, based on inferior sources, written in archaic (confusing) language and created to please a secular king.

You don't think that the kingdom of God on earth has changed? Look around you and tell me how we are still living as the people in Biblical times lived. I suggest that you read the book of Acts and then tell me how we are living even remotely like those Christians lived.

Obedience to God and to His apostles makes us the "peculiar people" of 1 Peter 2:9 and Titus 2:14.
Don't conform to this world's consensus.
Here is 1 Peter 2:9 in English (not 17th Century Englyshe): But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." "Peculiar" means strange or odd.

Here is Titus 2:11-14, "For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." I have to remind you that the Bible was not originally chopped up into chapters and verses. One of the problems with that butchery is people taking what the Bible supposedly says out of context, as you have done.

Obedience to God makes us mature as His loved children. It doesn't make us "peculiar".

And what exactly does "Don't conform to this world's consensus" mean?

Getting back to the subject of the OP... There is no question that women should teach in the church. Have they been given different gifts than men? Is their understanding of Scripture and God's word less than that of men? Are they unable to communicate God's truth and wisdom to others?

To whom did Jesus give the most important task of communicating God's truth and wisdom ever given?

Matthew 28:1-10, "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing white as snow. For fear of him the guards shook and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. Then [you women] go quickly and tell his disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead, and indeed he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him.’ This is my message for you.” So they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came to him, took hold of his feet, and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers and sisters to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

Luke 24:1-12, "But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices that they had prepared. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body. While they were perplexed about this, suddenly two men in dazzling clothes stood beside them. The women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be handed over to the hands of sinners and be crucified and on the third day rise again.” Then they remembered his words, and returning from the tomb they told all this to the eleven and to all the rest. Now it was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them who told this to the apostles. But these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them. But Peter got up and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths by themselves; then he went home, amazed at what had happened."

John 20:11-17, "But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb, and she saw two angels in white sitting where the body of Jesus had been lying, one at the head and the other at the feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to him in Hebrew, “Rabbouni!” (which means Teacher). Jesus said to her, “Do not touch me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ” Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and she told them that he had said these things to her."

It seems beyond obvious if the resurrected Savior chose women to go announce His resurrection to His disciples that there should be no question whatsoever that women should teach in the church and everywhere else. Again, Jesus chose women to tell the greatest news ever spoken.

It is a specious argument to claim that this behavior is somehow an invention of modern society.

My version of scripture? By that you mean, the NIV, the most popular English translation in the world? Incidentally, that is not the version that I use most often. My favorite translation is the NET, which has Titus 2:9 as "Slaves are to be subject to their own masters in everything, to do what is wanted and not talk back," Your version distorted this section of Scripture.

I do not like the KJV, as it is a poor translation, based on inferior sources, written in archaic (confusing) language and created to please a secular king.

You don't think that the kingdom of God on earth has changed? Look around you and tell me how we are still living as the people in Biblical times lived. I suggest that you read the book of Acts and then tell me how we are living even remotely like those Christians lived.
The kingdom of God cannot be changed.
Those attempting to do so will fail.

Here is 1 Peter 2:9 in English (not 17th Century Englyshe): But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." "Peculiar" means strange or odd.

Here is Titus 2:11-14, "For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." I have to remind you that the Bible was not originally chopped up into chapters and verses. One of the problems with that butchery is people taking what the Bible supposedly says out of context, as you have done.

Obedience to God makes us mature as His loved children. It doesn't make us "peculiar".

And what exactly does "Don't conform to this world's consensus" mean?
The people who do not..."live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age", are of this world.
Christians are not of this world.
Who outnumbers whom?
The greatest number exhibits the world's consensus.

Matthew 28:1-10, "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord, descending from heaven, came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing white as snow. For fear of him the guards shook and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. Then [you women] go quickly and tell his disciples, ‘He has been raised from the dead, and indeed he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him.’ This is my message for you.” So they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came to him, took hold of his feet, and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers and sisters to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

Hey, wait a minute, if Jesus's grave clothes were in the tomb folded up then Jesus was already gone by the time Mary got there. Jesus wouldn't leave naked so He was prolly gone even before the Angel got there!

The people who do not..."live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age", are of this world.
Christians are not of this world.

So it is a truth when I say, I am the righteousness of God in Christ.

1Ti 2:11 A woman must learn in quietness, in all submission.
1Ti 2:12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
1Ti 2:13 For it was Adam who was first formed, and then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into trespass.

elected,

You provided no exegesis of these verses so I'm left to understand you don't understand their literal meaning.

Oz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back